UK Gran Turismo Party 6

• Thread starter Famine
  • 555 comments
Criminy!

We've nearly got a full set of equipment already, without VEXD & EXelero even having seen the thread yet... We might be able to get a double-LAN going...

Remember I've got 2 PSTwos, although one of them will drown out your speakers...

The Mars weekend is fine by me. Equipment will be same as last time, assuming I can remember what I took:

1 PS2 (with network adaptor this time)
1 normal controller
1 14" telly
1 memory card

Ashley, start saving - you might need money for the hotel. If need be I'm sure we could all chip in a bit though :)

Well, I meant that I have to travel to get to Newark - and this time I might have to get a hotel too... Brrrr. Staying at my place would still take you a little while to get to the venue... :D

I understand. Maybe a group of us in a hotel then?

Not sure as yet but will come back closer to the date with a yes or no 👍

If we dont make it then have a blast guys :cheers:

Hi all,

After being gutted with not being able to make the last event in the final hour, I would love to attend this one.

Let me know if your short of numbers etc, starting a new shift pattern 4th Sep but will be off work for the final wkend in october.

Got equip to bring also.

regards

Dave

I'll definitely be steering clear of the 'Newark Arms' though... on account of it being a rather unfortunate anagram... :P :guilty:

:lol:! I'm sure they didn't do it just for you!
Then again, after the "DISWBLED" sign, anything's possible!
Hopefully since Carys' friends have taken over the place they've done a little renovation there, and got rid of the mattresses that have been there since the place was built 300 years ago! :yuck:

Famine
Bring the lady. I promise not to pull her while you're racing.

Okay, I promise I'll try not to.
Ahh, hell, bring her anyway.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I'll have to go on the Unlikelies list for this one, at least until the date is confirmed - at least two of those I know I won't be able to do on account of being in France, and I don't know yet which two. My life is brilliantly organised, as you can see, so Unlikely is the most positive word I can think of. But all the same, there's a chance :)

DE

Roo
The Mars weekend is fine by me. Equipment will be same as last time, assuming I can remember what I took:

1 PS2 (with network adaptor this time)
1 normal controller
1 14" telly
1 memory card

Ashley, start saving - you might need money for the hotel. If need be I'm sure we could all chip in a bit though :)

And a copy of GT4 as well. :dunce: It's taken me a week to notice that.

Does vexd know we're all turning up at his place again? And we're all going to kick his a**, errr, bottom this time too.... Have we still got the "pit this lap" sign?

Actually if I'm organising one, ;), it'll be organised with an "S" in it! :sly:
No damned Zeds allowed! :lol:

And it'll be in NoCal, specifically the SF Bay Area, close to Oakland. :scared:
I just bought a Townhome which has a big double garage which'll be ideal for setting up 6 stations for a LAN event. :D
You'll all have to wait for us to get moved in and settled first though, so it won't be until later in the year, around Nov/Dec or early next year Jan/Feb.

Got my own PS2 / DF / GT4 / TV setup and I have a network switch of unknown working-ness but can definitely access another definitely working one if necessary. Everything else will need to be brought by the participants, PS2s, network adapters (if necessary for old PS2s), DS2/DFPs, GT4, RJ45 Ethernet cables and monitors/TVs.

I'll create a signup thread about it later when I'm ready to host it. 👍

All the UK folks I met at UKGTP V are invited too, we've a spare room for the first one of you that gets here! :D

HELLO!
as you've probably realised, i havent been on here for a while! i'm now officially a student studying at lincs uni so been very hectic!
dont know where your at with organisation, but you all know i'll do what ever i can!

maybe i should leave this one to vexd? and other such technically gifted persons! pm me if i can do anything, if not, i'll see you there!

cass

Sooooo... with a month until the latest suggested date, any progress? I can provide a location any weekend - however, it currently has no heaters in, so bring a Scaff. Sorry, scarf.

Roo
Sooooo... with a month until the latest suggested date, any progress? I can provide a location any weekend - however, it currently has no heaters in, so bring a Scaff. Sorry, scarf.

I need to speak (as in "speak") to EXelero/vexd with regards to this.

My preferred weekend - and the vibe I'm getting - is 28th/29th October, so I'm going to run with this assumption and try and call the Newarkians tomorrow. We need a few more takers though, ideally.

There's 7 so far, with vexd and EXelero it makes 9 - thats what we had last time isn't it?

I'm interested in coming, but have a couple of questions.

Are we talking about Newark in Nottinghamshire?

Are most people staying the night at a hotel/holiday inn? I can't really afford a room, just had to pay tuition fees and rent 👎

Are we talking about Newark in Nottinghamshire?
Yes, Newark on Trent. Not Newark, New Jersey!

Are most people staying the night at a hotel/holiday inn? I can't really afford a room, just had to pay tuition fees and rent 👎
It seems that way. Maybe you can share with someone. There is a travelodge or Travel Inn (can't remember) just outside Newark. There are also a couple of B&Bs in Newark.

Any chance the date could be delayed to make more people be able to come?

What the hell do I know? I just glanced at this thread and realised I'd like to come, but I can't do it until late November. Oh well, I'll save up for next one. :indiff:

Latest Posts

Back