UK Gran Turismo Party 6

• Thread starter Famine
  • 555 comments
We could have the next one on Nov 25th-26th.

Is that the weekend after thanksgiving over your side of the pond?

HELLO AGAIN HELLO

JUST CALLED TO LET YOU KNOW....

sorrry was trying to sing then. cos this is definately a time for singing!!! :D

We're good to go people! The venue is all ours as before if we want it?! 👍
'speed demon wanna be caretaker kev' will open the doors 8 on the Sat and wait patiently til we've done on the Sunday.
my only prob is my kids. Famine, you could really do with just asking vexd if he would be able to hang around sunday nite when you clear up cos i'll have to leave before you go. if i get to speak to him before then, i'll run it past, but it mite be best if you do it?!
it'll be £150 as before so you can work out the cost!
i dont think they'll be food. Vexd realised last time when he tried to do it all what a bloody pain it was!
when it comes to rooms. the place your all staying has just been taken over by a friend of mine called David and i will go and have a chat with him bout arranging something so 'extras' may be able to join!
leave it with me!
Andy you have my number, till next time, call me if you need anymore info! :scared:

see all you mad buggers then!

and when it comes to driving badly. i defy anyone to drive as bad at these events as i do!!

and when it comes to driving badly. i defy anyone to drive as bad at these events as i do!!

There's a Burning Red smear on the street outside which would like to disagree with you... :D

I love it when a plan (somebody elses) comes together!

I try my best to!

This is good news, do we have a confirmed date yet?

I don't think that the lack of supplied refreshments is such a bad thing, not to say that they weren't very much appiciated last time ;) - there is a supermarket directly across the road after all.

I don't think that the lack of supplied refreshments is such a bad thing, not to say that they weren't very much appiciated last time ;) - there is a supermarket directly across the road after all.
I think we should have an Enduro Race that involves one person driving and the other has to locate and purchase an item of food from the shopping list from the supermarket... you have to stay in the pits until your co-driver comes back from the shop with said item... it will be like a cross between the Le Mans 24 Heures and Supermarket Sweep :P

I think we should have an Enduro Race that involves one person driving and the other has to locate and purchase an item of food from the shopping list from the supermarket... you have to stay in the pits until your co-driver comes back from the shop with said item... it will be like a cross between the Le Mans 24 Heures and Supermarket Sweep :P

Perhaps whoever teams up with Vexd has to go and find some 'tartan paint' or 'elbow greese'?

YAY!!

Goes off to look out dart gun....

There's a Burning Red smear on the street outside which would like to disagree with you... :D
Yeah, that was somewhat "amusing"...

Great news! The meeting is still for the 28th & 29th October right? if so I will book up the hotel for myself and those i have spoken to about it.
On a bad note though, one of my copies of GT4 has decided to give up the ghost so i only have one now :grumpy:

Spec....

Great news! The meeting is still for the 28th & 29th October right? if so I will book up the hotel for myself and those i have spoken to about it.

Book up the whole place! How many rooms/beds has it got?

I'll need somewhere to stay this time due to Famine's dad selfishly selling his house! He just doesn't think of other people!

Like I said before, the later the better for me, esp. if it means that you could make it, SH. This time, I will mostly be drinkin'... Guinness! Still, it was pretty civilised last time, drink-wise! Nobody got absolutely newarked... :P

Still, it's looking good for me after 21st October anyway, barring any (further) disasters in my house...

Book up the whole place! How many rooms/beds has it got?

I'll need somewhere to stay this time due to Famine's dad selfishly selling his house! He just doesn't think of other people!

Indeed how selfish!

However, i called the rutland and they have

2 single rooms left @ £30

1 Twin @ £40 - split the price between 2

1 Double Room @ £50

2 Family rooms one sleeps 4 and the other sleeps 3 @ £60 & £50 respectively - split the price between occupants

I have agreed with the woman there for me to book up everybodys rooms to save hassel and have already booked up a room for me, Donbenni and Touring Mars. Now Daan too.

If you want to book it yourself then the telephone number is 01636 611718 and the Hotel is called The Rutland Arms. Its actually a B&B with a pub underneath for those that dont know. If you do book a room could you post a little note in this thread so i can amend this post.

Spec....

Regarding the rules 1, 3 & 5 of the PM that's just been sent round to prosective attendees - Is slightly camp with a penchant for the film musicals 'Grease' and 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' ok?

Regarding the rules 1, 3 & 5 of the PM that's just been sent round to prosective attendees - Is slightly camp with a penchant for the film musicals 'Grease' and 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' ok?

Absolutely not... :D

Anyone spot the reference?

Strewth! Of course Bruce, I just watched that episode the other night!
It's the Bruce's Philosophy Department sketch from Monty Python's Flying Circusssss.

Sadly unless something strange and amazing happens, I'm going to have to leave you Bruces, and Sheila to it.

Have fun, cobbers! :cheers:

Yes, there was a brilliant documentary about 'The Life of Python' on last weekend that showed a bit of that sketch...

Shame that you won't be able to make it, SH... but like Famine said, if you're going to be anywhere near London when you are over, give me a bell - I might even be able to arrange a game of GT, but if not, it might just have to be G&T instead :cheers:

Got the PM Famine.
It's a huge shame, and I'm really disappointed to say this, but I'm completely out of the question for UKGTP6 👎 .
Hope it all goes well mates, have fun!
I hope to make it to UKGTP7, or even UKGTP8!

Awesometastic. I'll book the hotel and the Monday after off tomorrow.

I'll also need to clear out my PM box. Or go Premium.

Thanks for the hotel details, Ben!

I was certainly confused when the PM about UKGTP6 appeared to have emanated from the University of Wolloomooloo.

Anyway, I'm a 'no', I'm afraid. Too much going on on the kiddie front.

Thanks for the PM, sorry, I can't go.

Untill I can drive (next summer hopes) it's out of the question. Then ofcourse there'll be other things to cort but that's the biggest problem.

Nottingham is like past Leicester right? Ahh wait so thats about 130 miles from london thats not too bad, gonna be mostly up the A1 or M1 or whatever that road is after the A14 I forget.

As for going I need to sort a few things out on my car, so if I can get them done to my car before that date I should be able to attend.

Nottingham is like past Leicester right? Ahh wait so thats about 130 miles from london thats not too bad, gonna be mostly up the A1 or M1 or whatever that road is after the A14 I forget.

As for going I need to sort a few things out on my car, so if I can get them done to my car before that date I should be able to attend.

Yep, A1.

My girlfriend is moving flat that weekend. She will be renting me a transit so I can be her white van man!

So I can't make it. :(

DQ
My girlfriend is moving flat that weekend. She will be renting me a transit so I can be her white van man!

So I can't make it. :(

Yeah yeah... What's the real story? Wussing out?

:D

Bummer. See if you can convince her to let you take the Transit to Newark and you can move some of our stuff about too... :D

Whats all this then?

oh i get it, youre all planning on having another party and no one thought to invite me?

Spose id better inform you then that i will most likely be attending, and that i am not responsible for food, prizes, drinx, finding an atom in the hall at the end of the weekend with a Famine stood next to it looking a little puzzled like Stan Laurel, etc.

Yes you can all breath easy as i wont be handing out limited edition die cast metal this time.

However, i shall bring my seat, ps2, telly, cabling, pad, two or three cards, DFP (der!), and plastic fork/paper plate/extraordinarily effective/ pit in board, if i can find it.
The four plug thingy, an extension cable, and a copy of GT4. Headphones, a weight in the shape of a two metre ruler, ie its long... some scottish paint, and whatever comes out of my elbow after the entire evening squeezing it.

Please lets have another enduro, bagsy me Roo for my partner, and more nurburgring races, opera paris races and Circuit de la Sarthe II races as well. No high speed ring in Subaru 360's you vicious evil man.
Famine, i shall leave the task of organising the race schedules to you as ever, as you are the best at this sort of thing, and the only one who does it.
I shall attempt to join you for the whole weekend, however this may prove tricky on the Saturday, but we can hope.
Nick, i look forward to staying with you in the states, Dan your caravan comment was spot on, just dont repeat it when you get here, and dont forget everyone, bring plug sockets (as in four-ways) and any food/drinx you wish to consume, otherwise its a morrisons run.

btw, Mars, i think your idea for having a relay to morrisons for the supermarket sweep section of the UKGTPVI was inspired, and i definitely think it should be included.
Finally, i'd like us all to give a big thankyou to EXelero, for bagging the venue, and giving us somewhere to play.
She would be your host this time around.

See you all in a couple of weex.

Bloody nutters........
:irked:👍

its been such a long time since i used this site, i cant remember how to do anything anymore, its all changed, like my sig.... how do you save this messa

If i can get free accomadation in still in. However my ps2 packed up. So i can only bring the following: DFP, TV...erm, i think ive still got a DS2 somewhere..

BTW, im assuming Roo's offer to pick me up in Wycombe is still there and im also assuming that counts for the return trip. Think il need to PM him on that.

Back