UKGTP9 - The Nono Equipment Thread

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 153 comments
Is there anyone there in particular i need to speak to? - the last girl i spoke to there tried to book me into your room!

Scary. I might have my own Spiderman experience...

Try Kate.

I almost broke my headphones earlier, the shelf they were on fell, while I was trying to move a wire from around the back of the shelf. I sort of let go of the shelf, receiver and headphones got crushed by the shelf. They survived though! Need to get some practice of the tracks in, not played GT in 4 months. Journey is all planned, We set off at 5:30am! :D

Howdy Folks, Been a while!

Equiptment ill be able to bring along

1 x gt4
1 x mem card
1 x G25
1 x TV (might need some assistance with this one as its a rather large tv and im not a car owner)
1 x PS3 (sold the ps2 a while ago and i dont know if the ps3 is compatible)

See ya all soon

It does seem very quite around here to say it's this coming weekend :odd:

Nigel - put me down as 'accommodation sorted' - got a room at The Georgian Townhouse up the road. It's just for Sat night, but that's ok since i'll only be there on the Sat and Sun - can't make it for the Monday :( - Are there any plans for Saturday night?

Does the Rutland have parking?

To the second, I believe yes there is. To the first, drinking.

Will you be taking your wheel when you return?

I am quite quiet as I'm mainly car-testing, straightening out the kinks (Apricot Hill, Impreza WRC) and sorting the memory cards out. I'm going with a static IP system this time, which seems to be just as stable with the added advantage of not requiring a bunch of fannying about when it fails.

To the second, I believe yes there is. To the first, drinking.

Will you be taking your wheel when you return?

I'll Google Earth/Map the Rutland and see where this car park is.

If my wheel is required for Monday i guess i could leave it for someone else to look after. It only sits in a bag in my wardrobe between UKGTPs anyhow.

Steve and car-less will be sleeping in their cars, then.

Famine, anything else we need equipment wise? So we don't have a heart attack Saturday morning?

Who is Temporal?

Steve and car-less will be sleeping in their cars, then.

Famine, anything else we need equipment wise? So we don't have a heart attack Saturday morning?

Who is Temporal?

So long as everyone who has said they're bringing TVs, PSTwos and GT4s turns up with the amount they said they would, we'll be fine. I aim to be there to start setting up at about 9.30am.

Temporal is a friend of mine who will be dropping by for Saturday. Probably. He's also a member here.

We are aiming to leave here 5:30, the traffic shouldn't be too bad for most of it, but being bank holiday weekend I expect more problems around exiting the M1. We should be there 9:30.

Looking forward to it.

You will be setting off 7ish, won't you? I don't think you can plan too much around it, not really any other viable route to Newark from your side of the M25. The only idea might be to get past those roadworks before 8.

http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/4480.aspx

Hmm...hit and hope I think, Roo.

That always worked before!

The only other option is to keep going around the M25 and head up the A1(M). That's what I did for the first Newark run I did so that I wouldn't get lost.

Stick me down for another PSTwo. Our Ocho friend The Bookerman is donating.

What, we're not turning up Friday evening in the Rutland bar and drinking nonstop until 9.30am next morning?

All right then.

Have you told him you will be touring him?
I'll leave that as a surprise...

Nigel - You're leaving at 5:30, and I presume you are aiming to arrive in Newark at 9:30. I'm also leaving at 5:30, and will arrive in Newark also at 9:30. I am travelling ~60 miles more than you.... Hows that work?

I remember the days when I used to have brakes...

His driving wasn't that bad, surely? Mind you, most of the time I was asleep in the back. You could have driven over a variety of farm animals and I wouldn't have noticed. My inbuilt GPS just wakes me when I'm about 400 yards from the destination.

Oh, and by the way... The Rutland knows we're turning up (say) from 9 onwards on Saturday morning, right?

I'll leave that as a surprise...

Nigel - You're leaving at 5:30, and I presume you are aiming to arrive in Newark at 9:30. I'm also leaving at 5:30, and will arrive in Newark also at 9:30. I am travelling ~60 miles more than you.... Hows that work?

Not sure, it's 40 miles from leaving the M1 to Newark. Maybe that's the difference. It's 192 miles from here to Newark, I reckon we'll do it in 3hr45. Which is what AA route planner reckons on doing it in. It's 40 miles to the M25, I think that is maybe the difference. We have 80 miles of non-motorway driving. You probably have less than that, don't you?

Back