UK Gran Turismo Party 5 (Results and Photos)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 452 comments
gnorman
Can I be included in the mailing list for the next one. I guess it'll be a while yet so I'll be able to prime the wife to let me out for the weekend. :sly:

Hopefully October.

Jjacks
No American meets?

Smallhorses is organising a West Coast one, and I believe bobkart at GTTimes has regular Washington-ish (state, not DC) events.

Famine
Smallhorses is organising a West Coast one, and I believe bobkart at GTTimes has regular Washington-ish (state, not DC) events.

I've got family out on the west coast. Primarily in Texas and the east. Anything in the southern United States would be easy for me to attend. Is Gran Turismo the main focus of these meets? Any other happenings go on at these meets?

That depends on the organiser. We shot at a bird with polystyrene darts. Caught bees. Drove a real mini into the hall. Usual things like that, you know.

Ok guys, I was thinking about planning my own GT4 lan party next week, but it will not go ahead.

Touring Mars
Would that mean we would get royalties? ;) Are there any more clips coming via You Tube?
Sorry guys. I've been having PC problems and problems with making videos, so I haven't been able to make any. I'll try and get something sorted over the weekend.

I've made a highlights of the La Sarthe race.

The camera car is me in a Lotus Carlton. (Trackside shots change from car to car.) Roo is the in the flying M5. With the number of M5s that overtake me, and the number that I go past, it looks like there are a whole fleet of them but, trust me, there is only one!

http://www.davidanderson.org.uk/files/ukgtpv/ukgtp_sarthe.wmv 30mb

Oh, and I won! I found that not crashing as much as everyone else helped!

Haha! Looks like great fun. :lol:

There was certainly a bit of bumbing around going on. :D

Edit: The M5 DOES fly (and crashes... :P)!

I've made a highlights of the La Sarthe race.

The camera car is me in a Lotus Carlton. (Trackside shots change from car to car.) Roo is the in the flying M5. With the number of M5s that overtake me, and the number that I go past, it looks like there are a whole fleet of them but, trust me, there is only one!

http://www.davidanderson.org.uk/files/ukgtpv/ukgtp_sarthe.wmv 30mb

Oh, and I won! I found that not crashing as much as everyone else helped!

Ahh, so it looks like Roo will be my main opposition, then... :lol:

That looks really really good - i HAVE to get along to the next one...

:lol:

A race I will remember with a grin... Overtake Carlton, crash, overtake Carlton again (usually daan - I must have passed him about 4 times), crash, repeat...

Sorry about that, it won't happen again. Probably. That said, I haven't touched GT4 since (a combination of Tourist Trophy and a complete lack of time ensuring that).

Thanks for the vid, daan!

Thanks daan! A huge amount of effort has to have gone into that video preparation. Very rep worthy. :bowdown: How did you get the in car views for so long? I don't remember watching that replay from inside the car very much at the gathering! :confused:

Class. Pure class! Love the captions too! :bowdown:

Am I right in thinking we only managed to capture the second day's racing, or did we get the first day too?
I'd love to see the battle I had with Famine's Esprit at Infineon while I was in the M3, especially threading it through the first lap carnage at the looping turn on the sportscar course! :D

Here's the 2nd video

Group B road cars at the High Speed Ring. I've put titles in the video to tell you who's who, but the main players are Famine (grey 205), daan (white 205), TheCracker (Nissan 240RS), Specialized (Ford RS200) & a cameo by EXelero (also in a white 205).

http://www.davidanderson.org.uk/files/ukgtpv/UKGTP_grpB_HSR.wmv 30mb

Don't suppose this vid is on YouTube as well?

- Window Media files don't work so well with OS9.

daan's "Oops" moment... From the reverse chase it looks like I tap him, but the other angle shows I'm really a full Hammond away.

I promise...

Don't suppose this vid is on YouTube as well?

- Window Media files don't work so well with OS9.
I'm at work just now. I'll sort something out when I get home.

daan's "Oops" moment... From the reverse chase it looks like I tap him, but the other angle shows I'm really a full Hammond away.

I promise...
Yeah, I can confirm there was no contact at that point. I may have tagged you earlier though...

Once the back end of those 205s decided it wanted to overtake the front on the banking, there was nothing you could do.

I've already uploaded the video to Youtube too... :D

(I'm also at work, but... :D)

I'm at work just now. I'll sort something out when I get home.

Mucho Gracias!

Famine - do you have a link to this vids location on the YouTube site - these attachments never work for me, even though YouTube itself works fine - go figure.

Back