UK Gran Turismo Party 5 (Results and Photos)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 452 comments
daan
Nope. I'm non-English :D and if you mean non-British, then we had a bona fide American at UKGTP3.
I mean with non-English, having a first language other than English. Not living in the UK etc. Who was this American???

kikie
I mean with non-English, having a first language other than English.
Some would argue that my first language isn't english...

IMO, that's not a good excuse. If you were from Indonesia or some other country, then that's one thing. Daan, one of our forum moderators, is from Scotland and uses perfect English.
:dopey:

kikie
Who was this American???
A chap called Banjobear. He lives in England though.

If I get over my fear of failure and my shyness, I'm going to be the first non-English, non-British UKGTP participant, if I'm welcome ofcourse.

kikie
If I get over my fear of failure and my shiness, I'm going to be the first non-English, non-British UKGTP participant, if I'm welcome ofcourse.
Of course you're welcome. Just do wear clothes... :scared:

dustdriver
kikie, can you give me a lift then? :)
OK, absolutely no problem.
You can be my co-pilot because, like I said before, I think it's very scary to drive on the, for me, "wrong" side of the road. I think I'm going to practice over here in Belgium (==> driving on the left hand side). :scared:

Famine; I think your UKGTP parties are going to be so succesfull that Sony is going to sponsor you. :)

I've had a think, and I could organise one (although not 'til late this year/early next, as the hall I plan on using had aspestos issues (now removed!) but needs refurbishing). There is a pub/hotel and a decent kebab shop 5 minutes walk away, and my house is 10 minutes walk away (and I might, if I ask my mum nicely, be able to offer some free accomidation (read: sleeping bag on the floor)). Only problem is I'm only about 40 miles off the south coast, so northern people (daan, l4s etc.) would have a long way to travel. Don't mind organising it though.

Roo
I've had a think, and I could organise one (although not 'til late this year/early next, as the hall I plan on using had aspestos issues (now removed!) but needs refurbishing). There is a pub/hotel and a decent kebab shop 5 minutes walk away, and my house is 10 minutes walk away (and I might, if I ask my mum nicely, be able to offer some free accomidation (read: sleeping bag on the floor)). Only problem is I'm only about 40 miles off the south coast, so northern people (daan, l4s etc.) would have a long way to travel. Don't mind organising it though.

I CALL SHOTGUN ON THE FREE ACCOMODATION! :lol:

Good effort Roo! Like you, i have been thinking about holding one of these but just trying to find a hall nearby to hold it in is the problem. There is a village hall but its run by a load of pompus fools who are all on the parish council and snear their noses up at anybody under 40 and dont think that tweed suits are cool! Also it would take about 30 seconds for the pikeys to smell the expensive equiptment and run a JCB through the wall and pinch all the stuff. Ok its not that bad............

Well im off to have another ponder.

Spec....

The hall we could have for free (it's a Scout den, and I'd only have to ask my dad :D) but it's just a shell at the moment...

It's also near a pitch'n'putt that townies frequent, and they have a tendency to graffetti it occasionally; they might wander over and try to cause trouble, unless we hold it in winter. But then the hall's a bit chilly. Still, it's an overcomeable problem.

Next year or in 2008 we could organize an online UKGTP and a EUGTP. EU versus UK. With the PS3 and GT5, it should be possible to online race without any problems (I hope). Someone over here organize a GTP party and at the same time someone in the UK organize a GTP party. We then can race online, post the results here afterwards.

MdnIte
I thought you lived in the US.
Rogue Ssv
I do; i misread the 'Newark' part as Newark, NJ, and overlooked the 'UK' part of UKGTP
You can't make this stuff up.... :lol:

Indeed, a USGTP meeting would be great....

By the way SH, we do have a Waters HPLC, albeit an ancient one ;) (only on-topic because of a conversation we had at UKGTP, incase anyone is wondering :P )

Guys if I arranged a small UK GT4 lan party, would either a Saturday or an Sunday in Aug suit you lot. Thats if it goes ahead, because I have to fit in a RVB marathon during one weekend day.

Which is for my some of my local mates and co workers.

I dunno, I think April might have been better for me, mate. :rolleyes:

No in all seriousness, I'm on holiday in August so thats a no from me. :D

Bee
I dunno, I think April might have been better for me, mate. :rolleyes:

No in all seriousness, I'm on holiday in August so thats a no from me. :D
But I have the house to myself for a whole week in Aug.

As promised last weekend at the UKGTP V meeting, as I was winning the race here in an M3, I'm getting ready to go to Infineon for the Wine Country Classic. :D

I also said I'd get some pictures of the T-shirt there, so sure enough I've got it on! Roo had requested I post some pics, so I'll do that later, although probably in a separate thread.

Just one more question.... Is the UKGTP V T-shirt washable? I have a feeling it may get a little dusty today!

Thats bad news.... i managed to get mine dirty this morning, clambering round, and it will take a few washes to get clean i think.... i hope it doesnt lose its logos.

Where are the other u tube's Famine?
:irked:👍

The DVD's on its way to daan. I wouldn't want to spoil any surprises *cough* Roo M5 *cough*

firstly @ small horses - i cant believe you repeated what i said!!!! :boggled:
and i think it should be removed by one of the moderators *nods to daan and famine* :sly:

just so everyone knows, we can hold another lan at the same venue anytime. its pretty free except for the occassional day that used for summer fates and stuff. with some notice i could get a bulk deal on the hotel everyone stayed at as its just been taken over by a very reasonable man, who is quite a good friend of mine also!! :)
i would be more than happy to arrange as much as i could to hold it there but would just have to rely on famine coming for the technical stuff! mind you, ben sorted it on sunday before famine arrived!! 👍

it would be great to have an excuse to go somewhere else tho and check out other parts of the uk, seeing as i never get out much! :ill:

the replays are fantastic famine, and if theres anyway i can pay for the whole dvd to be posted to me, please let me know asap!!
lets look forward to go karting!!!!

thanks again for a great weekend peeps

ex

EXelero
firstly @ small horses - i cant believe you repeated what i said!!!! :boggled:
and i think it should be removed by one of the moderators *nods to daan and famine* :sly:

Sorry Carys! I thought it was one of the best quotes of the whole weekend! I'll remove it if you like! :guilty:

Anyway, here's some pictures from the Classic car event at Infineon! :drool:

Me and the 1927 Bugatti. Me, the Missus & a rather foxy redhead! ;)
A Ford GT40 that sadly ended up parked backwards against a wall with a bent front end. :ouch:!
This shows just how tiny the Ginetta G4 is!
A lovely MGA with cool headlights!
Gotta love the logos on that T-shirt! (MGA has Union Jack tyre valve caps!)
I know it's not an old classic, but you don't see these every day!
Back of the Grandstand. View from turn 7.
The bridge over turn 1. Assorted historic racers.
Assorted production racers (Burgundy Ferrari 250LM SWB!!!) :drool:
A couple of Mogs and a Porsche exiting turn 7. Ginetta in action.
Mustang GT350 in action. The 1958 Ferrari 250 Testarossa in action.
A couple of Porsche racers following the safety car after the GT40's accident.
Historic TransAm racers lining up for the start of their race.
A selection of TransAm racers coming back towards the grandstand. A Mercury Cougar following a Chevy Camaro, a Plymouth Barracuda, and a couple of Ford Mustangs.
The eventual winner crossing the line for his final lap (AMC Javelin)

Wow, lovely photos! 👍 Very jealous indeed, and it looks like you had a fabulous time. Nice T-shirt too... ;)

My cousin and I once had an argument about who had the better computer - I had a Commodore 64 and he had an Amstrad CPC 464 with a green screen monitor. I said, "The C64 has 512 colours" to which he (famously) replied "Well I have 1024 shades of green..." - ironically, that's not as many shades of green with envy I am right now :P

Nice pics Nick, like Touring i'm quite jealous.

Those images of the Trans-Ams reminds me of the Historic Trans-Am OLR series i ran here last year.

What race were the Porsche 935's running in?

TheCracker
What race were the Porsche 935's running in?

They ran in a race group of 1965 - 1980 Historic IMSA & FIA Sports Racing Cars. They were bringing up the rear of the field as they were up against Lolas, Chevrons and McLarens which were spectacularly fast!

Back