UK Gran Turismo Party 5 (Results and Photos)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 452 comments
live4speed
I don't think you can do split screen LAN can you?

I don't either. I've never tried the LAN, but GT3 certainly didn't allow it with i-link battles.

I think the fact that you can't do it is why it's so good - 2 player without the split screen ;)

Famine: How many PS2s can be linked into it? I guess there's some limit, eventually.

If possible I would maybe ask people to put a bit of money towards the power bill left from the lan party. Because remember it would be done in the house I live in.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
If possible I would maybe ask people to put a bit of money towards the power bill left from the lan party. Because remember it would be done in the house I live in.
With only 2 PS2s in use, there's not going to be much power consumption.

And why are there 2 full stops in your post?

Jon.
I don't either. I've never tried the LAN, but GT3 certainly didn't allow it with i-link battles.

I think the fact that you can't do it is why it's so good - 2 player without the split screen ;)

Famine: How many PS2s can be linked into it? I guess there's some limit, eventually.

Sixteen, but you can only have 6 players - the other 10 can only be used to observe. Each observer machine is tied into a single player machine during the race, though you can navigate through cars and views as you normally would during the replay. I found it useful as you cannot record LAN replays, though it takes some time with 5 lap races to watch the whole replay again...

daan
And why are there 2 full stops in your post?

One for each PS2 :dopey:

Yeah, it shouldn't be that expensive. Probably about the same as having your HD tv on with sky and the 360. Unless you're on a meter, of course.

Famine
Sixteen, but you can only have 6 players - the other 10 can only be used to observe. Each observer machine is tied into a single player machine during the race, though you can navigate through cars and views as you normally would during the replay. I found it useful as you cannot record LAN replays, though it takes some time with 5 lap races to watch the whole replay again...

Ahh, i see. So you could just hook a few up to VCR/DVD recorders and have a nice little record for each angle? ;)

Looks like you guys had some great fun 👍

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
Roo why were you look liking that with a pair of glasses and long blond hair. You looked like a geek, But those LCD TV's used by some don't look very HDTV like lol.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
But those HDTV's look very cheap and not designed well on the outside. HDTV's are meant look nicer then those on the outside.

Seriously... Who cares, commenting on peoples appearance and TV's like that is pointless and childish.

Jon.
One for each PS2 :dopey:

Yeah, it shouldn't be that expensive. Probably about the same as having your HD tv on with sky and the 360. Unless you're on a meter, of course.

Ahh, i see. So you could just hook a few up to VCR/DVD recorders and have a nice little record for each angle? ;)
You know a 360, HDTV and Sky HD do not take up much power. But it may be a bit different with more then 5 PS2's and 5 TV's.

Also if I created my own GT4 lan party, I could also try to get a BBQ setup for it aswell. But the thing is I am not good at cooking, so I would have to see if anyone coming to the lan party is good with BBQ's.

WOW! That event looked kickass and I thing I might seriously consider trying to get to the next one.

Awesome work in putting the results together, Famine!

I'm also surprised how well Mars did dispite him saying he hasn't played GT4 for months. :P

Again, I must come next time!

Radicool02
Sweet. I want an AUSGTP meet. I'm jealous. :(

Memo to self: Famine drives in the wrong view! :dopey:

AND I button bash.

When I'm using the wheel, I'm in bumpercam. But I'm not good enough with the wheel yet, so to "compete" I use DS2 D-pad, X & square and coptercam. I also have a very strange technique that I didn't know I did until one of the kids pointed it out, and it's gloriously obvious on the DVD... I'll leave it to daan and the highlights video to explain...

G.T - There's still Sunday's results to go...

daan
And you have a "talent" for setting up "your" PS2 so that it always started on pole!

Shh!

Didn't help in that chuffin' Elise though.

Sunday Results

Group B Pick'n'mix
As before in the GT300s, but this time we used road versions of Group B rally cars (and the Delta Integrale). We only had 9 drivers on the Sunday and I made a slight error, in that we could have done it all in 9 races, but we did 10 races and had an empty slot in 6 of them. Bum. Anyway, the cars were:

Audi ur quattro Road Car
Ford RS200 Road Car
Lancia Delta HF Integrale
Nissan Silvia 240RS Road Car
Peugeot 205 t16 Road Car
Renault 5 turbo Road Car

Race 1 - Seattle
Nice start - cars few of us have driven, on a fierce, barriered circuit full of 90 degree bends. And "the" chicane... Mars (205), Smallhorses (205) and vexd (Renault) took up a quick three way lead, pulling away from Famine (Audi), switching places with frightening regularity and precious little incident until Smallhorses overcooked it a little into the chicane on lap 4 allowing vexd past for a place he never relinquished. He then compounded it by losing it on the tramlines in one of the longest-lasting crashes I've ever seen - and I got to see it quite close-up as a passed him mid-track... Mars held on for the win by a couple of seconds from vexd. The race also had a comedy ending when Roo, sick of the Silvia, decided to park it in one of the bays under the flyover...
Mars - 205 - 10
vexd - R5 - 6
Famine - quattro - 4
Smallhorses - 205 - 3
EXelero - Silvia - 2
Roo - Silvia - 1

Race 2 - High Speed Ring
A three-way 205 battle saw regular drafting and drifting - and crashing - from daan, Famine and EXelero, while up at the front Spec's RS200 was able to fend off Cracker's Nissan which, though quicker, ran out of gearbox every lap right as he was about to draft past the Ford...
Spec - RS200 - 10
Cracker - Silvia - 6
Famine - 205 - 4
daan - 205 - 3
EXelero - 205 - 2

Overall
Mars - 10
Specialized - 10
Famine - 8 (2)
vexd - 6
TheCracker - 6
EXelero - 4 (2)
Smallhorses - 3
daan - 3
Roo - 1

Race 3 - Tsukuba
Spec once again took the victory in the 205 t16 by just 5 hundredths of a second from vexd in the same car, who took a late turn in to the last curve but couldn't quite manage the pass in time. daan beat his fellow Renault 5 driver Roo, with Mars's Lancia and Smallhorses' Audi rounding out the finishers.
Spec - 205 - 10
vexd - 205 - 6
daan - R5 - 4
Roo - R5 - 3
Mars - Delta - 2
Smallhorses - quattro - 1

Overall
Specialized - 20 (2)
Mars - 12 (2)
vexd - 12 (2)
Famine - 8 (2)
daan - 7 (2)
TheCracker - 6
EXelero - 4 (2)
Smallhorses - 4 (2)
Roo - 4 (2)

Race 4 - Laguna Seca
While Mars and Smallhorses were fighting each other in red (bleugh!) RS200s - eventually ending less than a tenth apart - vexd took the opportunity to slip past and take the Nissan to its first win with Roo and Cracker in the 205s finishing 4th and 5th - the former with an entirely new Corkscrew line, coming to a driving manual near you soon...
vexd - Silvia - 10
Mars - RS200 - 6
Smallhorses - RS200 - 4
Roo - 205 - 3
Cracker - 205 - 2

Overall
vexd - 22 (3)
Specialized - 20 (2)
Mars - 18 (3)
Famine - 8 (2)
TheCracker - 8 (2)
Smallhorses - 8 (3)
daan - 7 (2)
Roo - 7 (3)
EXelero - 4 (2)

Race 5 - Grand Valley East
Cracker turned things around and streaked away in the Ford RS200, leaving Famine's Renault and daan's Nissan to fight it out - a spin in the tunnel on lap 2 eventually costing daan the 2nd place. Spec in the suicide Audi and EXelero in the other Renault were 4th and 5th - enough to put Specialized ahead by a single point at halfway...
Cracker - RS200 - 10
Famine - R5 - 6
daan - Silvia - 4
Spec - quattro - 3
EXelero - R5 - 2

Overall
Specialized - 23 (3)
vexd - 22 (3)
Mars - 18 (3)
TheCracker - 18 (3)
Famine - 14 (3)
daan - 11 (3)
Smallhorses - 8 (3)
Roo - 7 (3)
EXelero - 6 (3)

Race 6 - New York
The Ford again proved the dominant tarmac rally car, with Famine leading home a pack of three - followed by daan and Roo - in its home country. Mars and Spec were next up in the Silvia, with vexd parking the Lancia in 6th in what could eventually prove to be a costly move.
Famine - RS200 - 10
daan - RS200 - 6
Roo - RS200 - 4
Mars - Silvia - 3
Spec - Silvia - 2
vexd - Delta - 1

Overall
Specialized - 25 (4)
Famine - 24 (4)
vexd - 23 (4)
Mars - 21 (4)
TheCracker - 18 (3)
daan - 17 (4)
Roo - 11 (4)
Smallhorses - 8 (3)
EXelero - 6 (3)

Race 7 - Nurburgring
Again we move to Green Hell, vexd's playground, but even he couldn't overcome the Audi's shortcomings, with Smallhorses' Nissan leading the way at the end of the 2 lap race. EXelero managed 3rd in the fast Ford, with Roo's Lancia and Cracker's Audi surviving the course.
Smallhorses - Silvia - 10
vexd - quattro - 6
EXelero - RS200 - 4
Roo - Delta - 3
Cracker - quattro - 2

Overall
vexd - 29 (5)
Specialized - 25 (4)
Famine - 24 (4)
Mars - 21 (4)
TheCracker - 20 (4)
Smallhorses - 18 (4)
daan - 17 (4)
Roo - 14 (5)
EXelero - 10 (4)

Race 8 - Trial Mountain
vexd, back on form in the Ford, kept everyone behind, leading Famine's Nissan, daan's Lancia, Mars's Renault, Roo's quattro and Spec in the other Renault almost all the way. This race was vexd's last this series and gave him a nearly unassailable 9 point lead over Famine - for whom only a win next would do...
vexd - RS200 - 10
Famine - Silvia - 6
daan - Delta - 4
Mars - R5 - 3
Roo - quattro - 2
Spec - R5 - 1

Overall
vexd - 39 (6)
Famine - 30 (5)
Specialized - 26 (5)
Mars - 24 (5)
daan - 21 (5)
TheCracker - 20 (4)
Smallhorses - 18 (4)
Roo - 16 (6)
EXelero - 10 (4)

Race 9 - El Capitan
Luck was on Famine's side - a field made up entirely of Lancias and Audis meant no truly fast cars to overcome, and with Smallhorse, Cracker and daan fighting over every inch of tarmac until the finish line (Smallhorses and Cracker separated by only 0.011s at the finish) left Famine to grab the lead and keep it to the end. This decided the final standings for 1st and 2nd, but left the rest wide open, with daan leading a pack of 4 drivers tied on 24 points, but having finished his races... Almost anyone could grab 3rd spot!
Famine - Delta - 10
Smallhorses - Delta - 6
Cracker - Delta - 4
daan - quattro - 3
EXelero - quattro - 2

Overall
Famine - 40 (6)
vexd - 39 (6)
Specialized - 26 (5)
TheCracker - 24 (5)
Smallhorses - 24 (5)
daan - 24 (6)
Mars - 24 (5)
Roo - 16 (6)
EXelero - 12 (5)

Race 10 - Deep Forest
In the final battle of the 24ers for 3rd, Spec laid a vital blow, taking victory - and astonishingly for a 3rd place finisher, his THIRD in six races in this series - in the Lancia, leaving Mars to take second in the Audi from Cracker in the Renault and Smallhorses in 5th in the other Renault. EXelero split the 24ers with a 4th place finish in the Lancia.
Spec - Delta - 10
Mars - quattro - 6
Cracker - R5 - 4
EXelero - Delta - 3
Smallhorses - R5 - 2

Overall
Famine - 40 (6)
vexd - 39 (6)
Specialized - 37 (6)
Mars - 30 (6)
TheCracker - 28 (6)
Smallhorses - 26 (6)
daan - 24 (6)
Roo - 16 (6)
EXelero - 15 (6)

Clio Endurance
I was in two minds as to how this event would go, but in the end I was very pleasantly surprised, and we'll have to keep this as a permanent fixture.

Using Renault Clio Cup Cars - there's 7 different colours and numbers, so every team can (must) have a different one - the drivers were paired up according to their rankings thus far, first with last, second with seventh, third with sixth and fourth with fifth. Having nine drivers meant we had to have a 3 driver team, which was randomly assigned.

Team 1: vexd & Roo - white
Team 2: Mars & Specialized - blue
Team 3: Famine & TheCracker - black
Team 4: daan, Smallhorses & EXelero - pink (guess who picked that one)

LAN play will allow you to set a maximum of 50 laps for any race, which is a bit of a pity as I'd quite like a 60-lapper, and I'd assigned the course to be Deep Forest, as that track has no enduro race in GT4... The two spare gridslots were filled by random cars which were taken away and parked out of harm's way (as it turned out, on the inside just before the last turn, with brakes sellotaped on).

I made a fatal error - either I didn't notice or hadn't been paying attention - and selected a Manual Clio, despite Cracker having used automatic up until that point... D'oh! At the first round of pitstops - lap 8 - I'd made an 8 second advantage over the chasing pack, but Cracker really struggled in what was effectively his first race in a manual car, up against the three other Clios driven by vexd, Specialized and Smallhorses - never an easy task anyway. daan's smooth driving style saw him pull out an extra lap on his tyres before he had to stop, handing his team 1st place for a lap.

vexd then set off at a blistering pace - while other drivers were comparing their 1'19.3/4 fastest lap times, he was busy setting a flat 1'18, and by the time we'd all caught up to 1'18s, he was down on 1'17.2. The next round of stops appeared around lap 17 - with Specialized pitting quite early on lap 15 and Smallhorses reaping daan's work, pitting on 18. For the next stint, Famine attempted a 9th lap on seriously screwed tyres - to astonished noises from the direction of EXelero - but daan equalled the feat without losing any time, pitting on 27 compared to Famine's 26 and everyone else on 25. This particular session saw Famine pass daan as the pinkmobile left the pits, daan re-pass Famine as the black car's tyres went off, and both cars pitting together. This let vexd loose again - setting a 1'16.991 and still managing a full 8 lap window and lapping Cracker in the black car, still fighting against a manual 'box. Cracker managed to pull another 9 lap session - this time quite by accident as he forgot to pit, coming in on lap 35, fighting everything.

By this time, the pink team had managed to take second from Specialized and Mars, by virtue of running the same pace for longer, and never relinquished this spot. A final round of pitstops later - for everyone bar the pinkies - saw vexd cross the line first, with Smallhorses second, Mars third and Cracker fourth.

Final standings
1. vexd/Roo
2. daan/Smallhorses/EXelero
3. Specialized/Mars
4. Famine/Cracker

Super Saloon Handicap
The same as the very first event, but with a shorter list of saloon cars. With only 9 drivers again, we switched to 1st and 2nd getting promotion, with 1st-3rd sitting out - so the worst place to be was 3rd, as you sat out and didn't even get to try a new car...

The cars were:
BMW M5
Mine's Lancer Evolution VI
Lotus Carlton
FPV GT
Nissan Skyline 350GT-8
Mercedes 190 Evolution

I started off by again keeping the top 3 ranked drivers so far out of the first race, as a further handicap.

Race 1 - Seattle Reverse
Mars, as expected of him by now, lead the field of M5s home, just ahead of Cracker, and Specialized in the dreaded 3rd spot.

Race 2 - Apricot Hill Reverse
vexd and daan, as expected of them by now, sat down for their first race and got back up 1st and 2nd. Famine - who was also in for the first time - never recovered from a spin in the complex on lap 1 and finished fourth.

Race 3 - Grand Valley Reverse
Famine regained composure and, followed by Specialized, took the race with Mars and Cracker in the Lancers finishing a surprising 3rd and 4th ahead of the other M5s.

Race 4 - Special Stage Route 5
Smallhorses got back in the saddle and wrung the neck of the M5, leading daan's Evo to the line.

Race 5 - Trial Mountain Reverse
Famine took a second straight victory, ahead of Mars in the second Lancer, both bucking the handicap.

Race 6 - Midfield Reverse
This race went the way of vexd - again - with Smallhorses also in the Mine's coming in second, leading Cracker and Specialized, also in Lancers. daan struggled with the Carlton, the first driver to sample the delights of the big Lotus, coming home 5th.

Race 7 - Autumn Ring Reverse
EXelero finally got to grips with the Beamer and romped home a clear winner, from Specialized's Lancer - with Mars, daan and Famine taking their time in the Carltons.

Race 8 - La Sarthe II
One of the all-time LAN classics... One Lancer which, though the fastest track car in the field, had no straight-line speed, four Carltons with superfluous 6th gears and a BMW M5 with a 200mph top speed, and the longest (bumpiest) straight in the game...

The M5 roared off the line, through the Dunlop Esses, in theory to be never seen again, but managed a spin in the gravel traps, taking the fast-starting Lancer with it, leaving a line of four Carltons - Famine, daan, VEXD and Smallhorses, in that order - driving line astern down the Hunaudieres... But what's this? A white blur, closing at 30mph+... And what's this? A bumpy straight... Roo's M5 took off at 195mph and effectively landed on top of Smallhorses' Carlton, which skewered itself across the track, straight into Famine's Carlton... After that Roo's M5 passed daan's Carlton somewhere around 12 times, only to spin and be repassed. daan upset the odds and won the race, by virtue of staying on the track, from Roo's M5 and Cracker finishing a creditable, but ill-advised (due to missing the next race) 3rd in the outclassed Lancer...

Race 9 - Infineon Stock Car Course
Carltons again stamped their supremacy on this track, astonishingly, with Famine taking the win from Mars's Carlton, Smallhorses' Carlton and VEXD's Carlton, with EXelero's Lancer missing the turn under the bridge on lap 1 and Specialized struggling in his first visit to the Lotus.

Race 10 - Fuji 2005F
Cracker took this by a margin in the Evo, leading Roo's Evo home. More interesting things happened further back where, in the dash for the finish line, both VEXD in the Lotus and daan's FPV (another first) realised that 3rd place wasn't something they should be after - both trying to throw the position in a way they hoped their opponent wouldn't notice... 3rd eventually went to daan's Ford, despite the pitstop...

Race 11 - New York Reverse
EXelero's Lancer took this one with Famine's Ford second - though it was touch and go at the last. Coming into the hairpin, Famine left braking a little too late and gave the Lancer a hefty prod. In order not to benefit from the collision, Famine attempted to let EXelero past on the final straight, but hadn't bargained with VEXD closing fast in the Carlton. At the line it was Evo from FPV from Carlton, but all three cars were covered by mere tenths.

At this point, TheCracker had to leave proceedings, as it was getting rather late - this 6 car handicap had so far lasted more than half the time the 10 car handicap did, with no-one yet on the last car in the list! The system switched to 1st and 2nd promoted and off, 3rd retaining their seat, along with the rest.

Race 12 - Cote d'Azur
VEXD finaly threw off the shackles of the Carlton he'd been struggling with for 5 races by taking the flag in Monaco, just ahead of daan and Mars in Fords.

Race 13 - El Capitan Reverse
Mars took this tricky track in the Ford, leading Smallhorses home in the Carlton. Famine's first drive of the 8-speed Nissan saw a third place finish in the torqueless wonder.

Race 14 - Tokyo R246 Reverse
VEXD made it one race, one win in the Ford, belying his earlier struggles in the Lotus, leading Roo's Carlton and daan and Famine in the Nissans.

Race 15 - Suzuka
Smallhorses made a grab for the lead on lap two and never looked back, taking the win in the green Ford from Famine's Skyline by 12 seconds. This result finally put someone - Famine - into the last car on the list...

Race 16 - High Speed Ring Reverse
This race finally saw Specialized make a leap out of the Carlton by taking the win, from Roo's Ford and Mars's Skyline.

Race 17 - Seoul Central
EXelero also made a dive out of the Carlton with a win, with Mars's Skyline rolling through second.

Race 18 - Twin Ring Motegi
The Mercedes was a drop too far for Famine, coming in last in the only 190 - vexd and daan took the race in Skylines from Smallhorses' Nissan and Specialized and Roo in Fords.

At this point we lost EXelero, so we switched to only losing 1st - though 1st and 2nd still gained promotion...

Race 19 - N/R
Smallhorses and Roo guided Skylines to victory, from the Ford of Specialized, with daan, Famine and Mars showing just how bad the Mercedes was in 4th, 5th and 6th...

Race 20 - N/R
It was beginning to look like the only way to win in the Mercedes was with the rest of the grid being a pack of Mercedes... As Roo, Famine, VEXD, daan and Mars were all in Mercs, the only non-Merc took the race - Specialized in the Ford. But that brought Smallhorses back into play for the final race, and a gridfull of 190s...

Race 21 - Motorland
Whoever won this, won the series - the only remaining non-Merc driver had to sit out due to his win in the previous round, leaving a whole pack of Mercs, driven by daan, Famine, Mars, Roo, Smallhorses and VEXD. daan, starting on Pole, got a great start and hauled himself clear of the fighting pack, never slipping back to a position of danger and, though pushed by Famine at the last, crossed the line for the race - and series - win.

1st - daan
2nd - Famine
3rd - Mars
4th - vexd
5th - Smallhorses
6th - Roo
7th - Specialized
8th - EXelero
9th - TheCracker

All in all, if I learned anything, I learned that if you want to beat VEXD, stick him in a Lotus Carlton... :D

Famine

G.T - There's still Sunday's results to go...

*goes and burys head in the sand* ...... Sunday wasnt my best day of racing although i did have ALOT of fun which is what counts in my books!

Great write up by the way and i almost forgot about our EXelero Honda Beat pinball game. That was a big step for the GT series and should be included in GT5 :lol:

Spec....

Famine
Didn't help in that chuffin' Elise though.
Yep, the elise was bobbins!

On another note, when I was driving home I found myself drafting cars on the motorway! Saw a De Lorean going the other way, on the M62 reverse! (probably VEXD miles ahead of everyone else...)

I had a wee quick drive of GT4 last night too and found myself apologising to an AI guy when I hit him! :D

WOW GUYS!!!! :D
theres nothing left for me to say is there??? you've said it all and described a fantastic weekend perfectly!!!
@ specialized- how DARE you forget the pinball?? who else can say they were in a beat at 160mph??? i do hope famine got the evidence???
and as for your pic of the 'diswbled' parking! i must walk past that 50 times a week and i've never noticed, but i do believe VEXD and i prepped you all on 'pikkie lingo?' :dopey: :dopey:

i do have to comment on the smooth driving skills of my fellow team mates in the endurance race. smallhorses and daan's super slick driving ment we were able to finish 2nd instead of the 4th we were in cos we pitted less. 👍 unfortunately we just couldnt compete with lap times of 1.17 from the infamous VEXD!

it was so great to meet and share all the personalities of all those who attended & i was in awe of their ability to drink late into the night and still drive perfectly the next day!!
thank you for my present small horses, i used the glass to get completly pie eyed on shots last night!!!
and of course, thanks famine for the t-shirts. i'm looking forward to your promise of sky writing next time.....

cant wait to see the clips famine and daan are putting together, they'll be some great racing battles and some awesome spins, crashes and near misses!

i do have to give one last thanks to specialized and roo for their undivided attention on my last win @ new york when they took great pleasure in increasing my pleasure by helping me nail VEXD into several round abouts and barriers! hehehehe :cool: :cool:
as usual i was completely humbled by the skill and knowledge i was surrounded by which is the thing that makes the whole thing worth while for me. thanks chaps.
btw was there any deep forest gateux left famine????? (pun award of the weekend to TM!)

EXelero
i do have to comment on the smooth driving skills of my fellow team mates in the endurance race. smallhorses and daan's super slick driving ment we were able to finish 2nd instead of the 4th we were in cos we pitted less.
I just wanted to get away from the others so they couldn't see that Nick & I were in a pink car! :dopey:

daan
I just wanted to get away from the others so they couldn't see that Nick & I were in a pink car! :dopey:
You could also say I did not want to win because I was driving a pink car.

i notice that daan's foam shooter got a mention, but i do think an extra thanks has to go to VEXD for his amazing prizes. i know everyone also had a fiddle with famine's disc blaster and whoopie cushion and the cracker showed his supreme skills at car building with the model car kit he won! Touring Mars quickly got to grips with his digi-bot/camera transformer! not to forget all the collectable model cars complete with the ukgtp5 logo on them! they'll be worth a mint in a few years!!! 👍 👍 👍 :crazy:

Im glad to see we all had an excellent time and everyone's posts are coming in positive.

Im looking forward to the DVD Famine, im sure it will be as fun to watch as the Genome project was, so hurry up, you have no LAN to worry about now!

Who's organising the next one?

The pics all look great, and im really pleased Roo's mini is so clear to see, i just hope the caretaker never finds his way onto this thread, though if you asked him, he probably owned GTP at one point im sure.... :rolleyes:

Famine, the write ups were excellent, and had me in stitches tonite, well done to you.

Looking at the write ups though it appears i may have awarded the T-Shirt to the wrong guy!

Not taking anything away from Mars, who drove fantastically all weekend, and who deserved to be sporting a Karussell by the time he sat down in the pub on Sunday, but Spec and Daan both had a very successful drive on both days...

Must be that magic seat.

I hope everyone had fun and didnt come away vowing never to do anything like that again.. it appears you all enjoyed yourselves, and i think i can speak for smallhorses when i say he had a good time, though we will find out in the next day or so, im sure..

I had a blast, and enjoyed the courtesy of driving aganst human opponents, with the exception of one ring outing, as opposed to the AI of GT4, because its always nicer to see a car ahead of you moving erratically from side to side and genuinely blocking your path, rather than following a predictable line and braking far too heavily for a certain corner every lap as they do in the game.

Famine, the T-shirt is absolutely the best thing ive been given in ages, thankyou very, very much for that, its almost as cool as Daan's avatar shirt, but maybe not..

Definitely a good belated-Birthday present none the less!

Before i go get some much needed sleep, i have to once again thank all of you who attended, it wouldnt have been a party if Famine and Daan hadnt arrived with their kit, if Smallhorses hadnt caught that plane 2 weex ago, if The Cracker hadnt brought his "asleep while playing" and bird shooting skills to the fray, and if Roo, Specialized and Touring Mars hadnt booked their stay in the local, it just wouldnt have been the same without any of you.

I did miss one or two people i had hoped would make it, but there's always next time, and im sure they will attend once they've cast their eyes over this thread.

Roo, once again, thanx for eating the food, and for driving so well in the enduro. I dont know where you learned those lines, but it has gone without mentioning that you managed a 1'18.2 before anyone else did around Deep forest Gateaux, and you should be accredited for that.
As for bringing your car into the hall, well everyone can see from the fotos, that i found that fantastic and hilarious, and im so pleased you did it!

Ben, your combination of smacking someones elses DFP hard when you got spun out with your whooping and hollering for joy every time you got into first place are exactly what Lan's like this need: a complete fun loving nutcase!

Thanx for attending all of you, i had a great weekend, and i hope you all treasure your respective prizes.
Let me know when the next one is, and dont be afraid to give me a ring/text sometime, i'll always be glad to hear from such a likeable bunch of people.

EXelero, well done on securing the venue, it wasnt my choice, but turned out to be perfect for requirements for the weekend, and i think the extra space around the drivers was what made it work so well.

Right, im off to get some kip.

see you around the planet chaps, get cracking on the next one!

David
:irked:👍

I hope this works... Using Jordan's new YouTube tags, and AOA DVD Ripper to extract clips, I (hope I've) uploaded a short video clip...

Edit: Yes it did... :D I've now added a second from a slightly different point of view. How close? :D

The vehicles in the clip are:
White 205t16 - daan
Grey 205t16 - Famine
Other white 205t16 off in the distance - EXelero

*crosses fingers*

Wow, Exelero is pretty far ahead.

Holy crap that was a good pass. Famine? Drifting?! I thought I'd never see the day. Are you guys planning to release some more videos from that meet? I'd love to see a proper Gt4 race, and make sure it's from the most nailbiting race :)

DQuaN
WAS pretty far ahead. What happened there Exelero?
The cars look very hard to control at high speeds. She must have lost control completely. :lol:

Edit: Ironically, I was playing GT4 for the first time in months today and drove the same car...

MdnIte
Wow, Exelero is pretty far ahead.

Holy crap that was a good pass. Famine? Drifting?! I thought I'd never see the day. Are you guys planning to release some more videos from that meet? I'd love to see a proper Gt4 race, and make sure it's from the most nailbiting race :)

I CAN drift - and won the Weekly Drift Photo competition once - I just don't. Problem is that the mid-4s don't handle banked curves very well, and that's what happened to EXelero - the back just broke and she ended up in a wall... That particular wall has an oblique end which she hit and it sent her across the track, literally pixels from my nose. I'd moved a little because I'd half thought that might happen, but that in turn unsettled MY car - hence the drift.

There'll be many more videos - I just wanted to test out my DVD Ripper and YouTube... :D

Latest Posts

Back