Nurburgring Challenge Version 2 *POST YOUR TIMES*(N2, S2 and R3 Tires)

AngelCreator
AngelCreator
Hello and welcome to the Nurburgring Challenge Version 2. This is being done
at request as some people think the challenge needed a few update's done to it.
To try and make it easier to check replay's(if needed), and to make sure the cars
are always setup the same it will be ran in arcade mode this time around.
So with that said here are the new rule's for the Nurburgring Challenge.

UPDATED
This time trial now has a leaderboard for S2 tires. Same rules as with N tires.

UPDATED 2
The leaderboard now surports R3 tires. Same rules as before with N2 and S2.

UPDATED 3
I have reorder the leaderboards to make it easier to read it.

All time's are to be done in Arcade mode
Normal, Tuner & Concept cars use only N2's and S2's
Race & Rally cars use only R3's
-10% weight and 0% horsepower
All driving aids allowed
N2, S2 and R3 tire's only

All time's should be posted like this.

Time - Driver - Car - Tire

Here is the color code I used(remove the space after color=)

[COLOR= "DarkOrange"]your time[/COLOR] - [COLOR= "Blue"]your name[/COLOR] - [COLOR= "Red"]your car[/COLOR] - [COLOR= "Green"]tire[/COLOR]
(tire is so I know where to put the time, but I won't put it on the board)

And if you have a updated time please and this to the end(remove the space after color= and [B),

[COLOR= "Red"][B ]UPDATED[/B][/COLOR]

Because of new limits on the forums I have posted the leaderboard here.

Nurburgring Challenge 2 LeaderBoard

To get the ball rolling:

8'05.348 - VTRacing - FPV F6 Typhoon

7'32.095 - VTRacing - BMW M5 (plenty of time left here)

That's an "awesome commitment" for you to make as a contribution. I greatly appreciate it and have repped the first post in honor of your efforts.

That said, I'm very busy for the remainder of the week. :(
However, my first intention is to finish a lap in some of the great Tuner cars. Specifically, I'm looking forward to doing a Nismo comparison and if anyone would like to help... :cheers:
I'll probably start with the Z-tune Z. :mischievous:

i'm in...... i've been looking for a reason to get back into GT4....... 💡

and i'll be doing another spreadsheet of the times when there's plenty to put on.......

7'38.685 - Kent - Nismo Z-tune 350Z

Still a good amount of time left on the track for that car and I plan to capitalize on that possibility. :mischievous:
Not bad for 385hp though... only dropped in weight down to 1125kg and there was definately a side of understeer if driving technique and racing line weren't properly followed.
Of course, oversteer was constantly a threat (or should I say treat) and the grip was always great. 👍

Very nice car and I'm looking forward to seeing a Nismo battle. :cheers:

Btw, angelcreator,
Nice avatar... and... hope you like the submission method... Just quote my post and you'll be able to copy and paste the time (that way it should be easier than making you do all the vb code to display the time properly.
Hope it helps. :cheers:

I used the wrong the tires last time but cought it.

7:49.221 - NISM0_SKYLINE - Nissan GT-R Concept

Btw, angelcreator,
Nice avatar... and... hope you like the submission method... Just quote my post and you'll be able to copy and paste the time (that way it should be easier than making you do all the vb code to display the time properly.
Hope it helps. :cheers:

Good plan Kent. Perhaps the colours should be mentioned in the first post along with the suggested format? It would make updating the times a lot easier.

I'll get some times in for this too.

Kent
Btw, angelcreator,
Hope it helps.:cheers:

Thanks, but I type in the code's alot on GTP so it doesn't bug me that much:).

daan
Good plan Kent. Perhaps the colours should be mentioned in the first post along with the suggested format? It would make updating the times a lot easier.

I not to sure what you mean. Do you mean post the color coding or something else?

You could type it in like this:

[color= orange]Insert time here[/color] - [color= blue]driver name[/color] - [color= red]Car[/color]

Folk can fill in the gaps, and remove the spaces after color=

Looks like there is going to be little interest in this.........but I like running 'the ring. :)
I didn't spend a lot of time in the cars, just got a clean lap then moved on.
7:30.864 jimeez Amuse S2000 GT1
7:41.270 jimeez Tommy Kiara ZZII
7:51.908 jimeez HPA Motorsports Stage II R32
7:59.253 jimeez Shelby Series 1
7:59.994 jimeez Corvette ZO6 C5
8:01.962 jimeez Nismo Skyline GT-R R Tune R34
8:02.895 jimeez Viper GTS '99
8:07.734 jimeez Mustang SVT Cobra R
8:09.377 jimeez TVR T 350 C
8:09.830 jimeez TVR Tamora
8:11.764 jimeez Corvette Gran Sport
8:16.710 jimeez Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe
8:33.907 jimeez Mugen S2000
8:35.571 jimeez CarRenault Clio Sport V6 Phase 2
8:38.733 jimeez VW Golf IV R32
8:41.751 jimeez Trueno S.S. version
8:41.783 jimeez Spoon Civic Type R EK

I am going to run more just for fun

That Amuse GT1 time cannot stand for long... :mischievous:

Bring on the weekend!

EDIT: The weekend is here!

7'09.913 - VTRacing - Amuse S2000 GT1 '04
I really love this car, and spent some time on this lap.

And let the Nismo challenge begin!

7'35.779 - VTRacing - Nismo Z-Tune Fairlady Z '03 (350Z)

7'51.526 - VTRacing - Dodge Viper GTS '99
Nice, fun sideways action

7'54'737 - Mr. Apex - M3 CSL '03

System: PAL
Device: DFP

All righty... -10% weight on N2's... it's more of a drift lap. Plenty of time laying around everywhere, but no offs. Gotta say I learned more in the last 10 laps using N2's than I learned in the last 50 laps using S3's! Good thread, ain't dead yet...

Who wants to put things in perspective and shave another 20 seconds off my time? :D

8'18.658 - Mr. Apex - Lotus Elise 111R '04

Another mediocre one... but what pleasure this car provides on N2's! Good turn-in, brilliant neutral-to-mild-oversteer balance. I guess Ari Vatanen would've liked this setup! :D
I truly recommend that car for all GTP members who suffer from allergic reactions to excessive understeer... :sly:

i can't decide wether i should be doing this one or the old original Nurb Challenge...... :?

i prefer the idea of using stock weight, and a 10% decrease is a big difference!!! but nobody's really taking part in the original.......

pah! i guess i'll have to do both.......for now......

The idea behind this one is to make the cars more even.
That's why tuner cars are allowed in the one and not the old one.

Going to give this a shot when later on when I get home. Not sure which cars I'm going to try yet though...

Edit: Tried out a few cars and realised how much I suck on N2 tires, might give this challenge a miss now.

Going to give this a shot when later on when I get home. Not sure which cars I'm going to try yet though...

Edit: Tried out a few cars and realised how much I suck on N2 tires, might give this challenge a miss now.

N2's do take a bit of getting used to, but if you start with the lightweight/low power cars first (1000kg and 100bhp or less) you'll soon pick things up.....

and a good lap on N2's is so much more satisfying than doing the same on R5's...... :sly:

here's a couple of times from myself.... more to follow.....

8'18.735 - Dave^ - BMW M3 CSL

8'55.933 - Dave^ - VW Golf R32

8'07.431 - alrivers - BMW M3

hey James, sorry I can't do the color coding thing on my sidekick, cuz I can't find the specific bracket I need. but yah, I'll try to post another time later. I'm out. lataz :sly:

i prefer the idea of using stock weight, and a 10% decrease is a big difference!!! but nobody's really taking part in the original...

IMHO you got a bit of a point there. Some cars seem slightly off balance after the 10% weight reduction, especially FR's it seems. Maybe the weight reduction could be made optional? Still there are not many cars that could effectively run FASTER on 100% weight, I think... maybe not even a single one.

Definitely gotta say it was a good thing that the challenge forces you to try N2 tires. Learned a whole lot and am now a bit faster on Sports Tires too. I guess the broad limit of the N2's helps with progressing...

7'37.956 - Mr. Apex - Mine's Skyline GT-R · N1V · spec (R34) '00

Looks like I'll never post a decent time here... if I look at VTRacing's M5 Time I smell that my time should be smashed to tiny pieces, because, well... the M5 has almost a 100 horses less and a couple hundred kilos more than the Mine's Skyline...
:ill:

Might try and shave some seconds off myself just to prove that this car is sub-7'30 material for sure. The suspension setup is simply brilliant (in GT4, at least... on BMI it always looks a lot stiffer IMHO), the brakes are strong and the thing really pulls out of corners.

Can't wait to see it blast down Horse Thief Mile in American Touge 3! :D Tsuchiya will even stop talking while driving for once :sly:

Check this out this Youtube sneak peek folks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lOozJBa43Q
Hell knows how the guy got his hands on this footage...

Back