Nurburgring Challenge Version 2 *POST YOUR TIMES*(N2, S2 and R3 Tires)

7'59.990 alrivers BMW M3 CSL '03
8'35.678 alrivers BMW Z4 3.0i '03

I could've done better but I had to go to work. haha. I might update the times later...MIGHT. =P

*EDIT* 7'43.786 alrivers BMW M5 '05
I'm actually feathering the car a lot and can push it much harder; however, I don't know if I can catch up to VTRacing's time of 7'32.xxx. :crazy: its nuts, lol! but ehh, I know that I can at least shave another 5 seconds off. but not tonight, haha. I'm out. lataz

man i need to sort myself out!!! i seriously suck!!! haha!!!

currently loose interest if i don't improve my time within a couple of laps...... so i switch cars..... should i just march on with the same car until i'm really happy with my time (ie - within a few seconds of other posted times) or switch cars before i get angry? lol

Ok the leaderboard is updated:). I didn't get on GTP yesterday because I got
sucked in to Chrome Hounds:crazy:. Now I know how WOW players feel:scared:.

When I did my times it was the first clean lap and then moved on to another car. I did that so I didn't get bored with a car.
I might go back and try and update some times now that there is some interest in this spot.

Hi all, long time lurker. Thought I'd give this a go. :) Took a while, but I finally broke below 9 minutes. :)

8'58'346 - GNX - '87 Buick GNX

Actually did some more with this frustrating & fascinating car. :)

8'55.621 - GNX - '87 Buick GNX

I want to be sure I understand the rules: Arcade, -10% weight, No Aids, Road Tires

This is one tough car to drive IMHO. Very easy to lose control of, but still my all time favorite. :banghead:

GNX
Actually did some more with this frustrating & fascinating car. :)

8'55.621 - GNX - '87 Buick GNX

I want to be sure I understand the rules: Arcade, -10% weight, No Aids, Road Tires

This is one tough car to drive IMHO. Very easy to lose control of, but still my all time favorite. :banghead:

Yes, road tires, and more specific: N2's
The ones right in the middle of the road tire selection.

Edit: Just got my own personal MAXdrive today! :D
So I'm a replay supported racer now. Don't think anyone will want to, but just in case (and out of pure brand-new-MAXdrive-pride) if someone wants to chase it down…
attached is my previously posted M3 CSL time.

Attachments

• M3 CSL N2.max
    54.4 KB · Views: 11
07'26.216 - Mr. Apex - Amuse S2000 GT1 '04

Alright, time for me to try the Amuse S2000 GT1. As all too often, the decent lap I hoped for didn't come together, so there is a certain number of remaining imperfections.

Still, though...
I'm having a bit of a hard time when trying to imagine where to shave off another 16 seconds :banghead:

So here's a humble request to VTRacing: Could you please post a ghost replay file (as stated in the rules of this challenge) of your top-ranked Amuse S2K GT1 time? Would love to chase it down, since I now have my MAXdrive... :D
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Amuse S2000 GT1 N2.max
    58.7 KB · Views: 13
currently lose interest if i don't improve my time within a couple of laps...... so i switch cars..... should i just march on with the same car until i'm really happy with my time (ie - within a few seconds of other posted times) or switch cars before i get angry? lol

Since you've posted a M3 CSL time… what really used to help me there was to go back in time. Do 30 arcade laps in the BMW 2002 Turbo '73 and then try the CSL again. You'll be amazed of how much more you can squeeze out of the stiff CSL chassis when you understand where the car is actually coming from.

Generally, I stick to a certain car until there is some sort of visible improvement, and then change before it becomes my "all-time-favourite, nothing-quite-like-it-car".

Thought i'd go back to basics and try with a slow car....... 3 laps later....

9'40.239 - Dave^ - Peugeot 106 S16

8'28.720 - NeverKnowsBest - Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe '04

Thought I was the only one running this car, looks like Ill have to practice more to match jimeez's time :P

Ive got the S2000 GT1 down to 7'18 at the minute, with 2 mistakes.
VT's time is a good one, but not impossible to catch,though fast it is!

Give me a week, and some time to play, and i maybe able to catch up.

Been a long time since i tried anything so challenging...

Nice to see people are still trying to complete cmpetitive times around this circuit, the fascination of Nurburgring will never fade, for me at least.

Keep it up people.
:irked:👍

VEXD
the fascination of Nurburgring will never fade

It's true, people will drive this track till GT5 comes out. And then they will drive on that game too(if it has it).

Is there a spot race with the cars running with sports tires. I am having problems with the idea of using comfort tires on some of these high performance cars. It just doesn't seem right. Would you attempt to go to the 'Ring with that kind of rubber on a NSX, GT40 or RUF and push your car to its limits. :nervous:
Just having sports mediums would be more "realistic" even for the game.

just the rants of an old man ;)

Thanks, what I was thinking was more like the one you have here but with S3 tires. I like the weight redux, just the tire difference is all.

I wonder if there would be interest in the spot just with that change.

Thanks again.

Thanks, what I was thinking was more like the one you have here but with S3 tires. I like the weight redux, just the tire difference is all.

I wonder if there would be interest in the spot just with that change.

Thanks again.

Or another idea might be to run the two comps parallel in this thread here. That way I guess there will be more than enough interest, and neither one of the threads will dry out.
What do you think, AngelCreator? Would you eventually be interested in doing that?

• Could be kinda' nice to be able to compare the two leaderboards directly next to each other.
  • Changing back and forth between the N2 and the S2/S3 challenge would definitely help with progressing
  • Power gain of 20% could be included in the S2/S3 challenge to see what is possible with a street car in arcade mode

i like the idea of running N2's and S2's side by side......

i'd keep the power and weight the same tho......

If you guys want something like that I could set it up like that.
Same rules just have a different leaderboard for S2's right?
If that what you want I have no problem at all doing that:).

Cool I will be doing the S2 on the same cars I did in my list.
Thanks AC 👍

AngelCreator: Please remove my times I was mistaken with regard to the tires used. I incorrectly assumed N2 was just road tires but you provided proper information. I'll try again to make or break my posted times with this car and N2's and post back if I do. :-)

If you guys want something like that I could set it up like that.
Same rules just have a different leaderboard for S2's right?
If that what you want I have no problem at all doing that:).

Awesome! Off the scale. :D
Thanks! You just got repped, by the way. 👍 👍 👍

jimeez
Cool I will be doing the S2 on the same cars I did in my list.
Thanks AC 👍

And I'll try to do the same as well if I can find the time!

GNX
AngelCreator: Please remove my times I was mistaken with regard to the tires used. I incorrectly assumed N2 was just road tires but you provided proper information. I'll try again to make or break my posted times with this car and N2's and post back if I do. :-)

Ok, I will remove your time's and wait for your new ones:).
And I will start the new leaderboard after this post(thank for the rep:tup:).

If GNX's times are done within the rules for S2 tires then start the S2 leaderboard with his times. GNX can run them again with normal/comfort tires for the original board, if he cares too.

so i see we're using S2 tyres now. hmmm, i might give it a try, but imho N tyres are more fun! =P handling the M5 with N tyres is just insane and a rush! haha. before i keep on blabbering more, i'll just state again that i'll give it a shot tonight. k lataz

Back