• Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My opinion, I'd like to test it out first then use it for next season

spdrcr70x, jbica, and JLBowler,
Thanks for all the great ideas on how to best use the safety car. I think that with a little bit of preparation and experience we could make it an awesome feature of this club. Keep the ideas coming! 👍

One idea I had was that I could actually have two pace cars deployed. I would place them on opposite ends of the track so that one is never too far from an incident. Then when a pace car is needed, I would deploy the car that is in the more ideal position on the track, and thus limiting laps being lost to the field catching up to the pace car. Of course this would be moot is we just used the lead car as the pace car. Then again, is someone is willing to fill the pace car(s) (which I am!) then I imagine it would add more to the realism. Thoughts?

My opinion, I'd like to test it out first then use it for next season

I definitely agree that we need to test this out before even thinking about implementing it again for an actual race. What about next Saturday since there is no official race scheduled? ('beal is going to a concert)

Last edited:
zer05ive
Thanks for all the great ideas on how to best use the safety car. I think that with a little bit of preparation and experience we could make it an awesome feature of this club. Keep the ideas coming! 👍

One idea I had was that I could actually have two pace cars deployed. I would place them on opposite ends of the track so that one is never too far from an incident. Then when a pace car is needed, I would deploy the car that is in the more ideal position on the track, and thus limiting laps being lost to the field catching up to the pace car. Of course this would be moot is we just used the lead car as the pace car. Then again, is someone is willing to fill the pace car(s) (which I am!) then I imagine it would add more to the realism. Thoughts?

I definitely agree that we need to test this out before even thinking about implementing it again for an actual race. What about next Saturday since there is no official race scheduled? ('beal is going to a concert)

I'm up for testing it out next Sat. Does that mean we have to crash on purpose? LOL!

I'm 100% for racing with full damage and no penalties. When it comes to pace cars, I don't see the need if the lead driver can assume that responsibility. Sometimes, we wouldn't need it at all if we have a good steward. For example, if one car goes off, takes damage, but comes to rest out of the way of other cars, there should only be a local yellow, and the steward can let the off driver know when it's safe to rejoin and warn other drivers that he's ahead, moving slowly. However, if the car comes to rest precariously, or if more than one car is involved, a full course caution is called, and the lead car becomes the pace car. The pits would remain closed until the field has grouped up, with the crashed drivers in the field where they can safely join. The pits would then open, but I think we should also go back to green when the leader crosses the finish line or restart line. You have the option to pit at any yellow, but you are not required to.

I wish I could be there. I'll be out camping/floating on the James river.

On the safety car, the series I have run with heavy damage and a pace car were run with the leader of the race assuming the duties of the pace car. This worked well as long as everybody has a mic. It was a requirement to race with our league that you had voice communication. We only allowed a caution when multiple cars were involved. The pits would close until the field was grouped. Once the field was grouped the pits would open. Any drivers that didn't pit would stop just past the exit of pit road and wait for those that did pit to rejoin the back of the line. We had a set restart point somewhere on the track. Doing this saved at least a lap in the race.

the key is everyone lines up and stops after pits stops, as far as requireing mics, thats rough.. i have gone through about 25 headsets($20- $185), they work great on my PC, or for me to listen, but for some reason my voice is always choppy, i DO have a keyboard, i can hear but cant talk. ( really though, tcomms dont take place inter team) only the pace car driver should have a working mic. (i wouldnt mind sitting out so we all can enjoy some extra realism.. ofcourse i want pace car, but absolutely willing to be a stewart due to no mic)

TESTING.. heck ya, let me know, maybe even make small non racenight tests (maybe keep testing off scheduled event series tracks too, to avoid possible unofficial- becoming official practices that people cannot make) S.C. drivers should use the 30 practice to set up stoping/ restart points.(along with any stewarts) important they are ontime or even early to the event.

(sry for posting so much, on vaca, and i'm all about organized raceing)

Last edited:
AJHG1000
Well, as I will not be the Pace Car anymore and you invited me to participate, I will accept.
my colors are Midnight Purple III for the bodywork and Chrome Orange for the wheels and the number is 51

I will not race at Spa and Twin Ring Motegi, because I have not bought the DLC's, but I think I could get money to buy Motegi, Here in México a $10 PSN card costs the equivalent to 18 USD in mexican pesos (250) :grumpy:

If you haven't got the 2 track DLC's , let me know and I'll see what I can do to get them to you. Post reply ASAP!

I don't think we need stopping at the pits if you don't take a pit stop, pace car going 50-60 mph, the cars that pit will catch up. stopping isn't real. I don't think two pace cars are needed, if there is a accident, the drivers can all report where it happened and continue driving at a slower speed, maintaining there position, until they catch the pace car just after the start/finish line. sign me up for the practice race.

I've been thinking as well about the pace car, and I'm really liking the ideas that have been brought up so far. zer0's idea to do a test next Saturday is fine with me. I wish I could be there, but unfortunately I can't. If you guys run this I'd be more than willing to reintroduce the pace car. Though I think I would wait until the end of the Lotus Challenge to reintroduce it. I would also take out the penalties too, as I've never seen anyone actually trying to cheat there way but cutting corners.

Therefore, I am ready to reintroduce the pace car starting with the events following the conclusion of the Lotus Challenge. If you guys can get something worked out next Saturday night that will try and alleviate any advantages/disadvantages to using the pit car, as well as having a good procedure for when the pace car picks up/releases the cars. Then lets do it!

As for the new members that have not yet gotten their FR from the club account, they will be sent out tonight. Also I will be updating the first post with all the new drivers. Later tonight I will be making a major announcement due to the overwhelming number of drivers that have been joining recently. Stay tuned!

If you haven't got the 2 track DLC's , let me know and I'll see what I can do to get them to you. Post reply ASAP!

Oh well, I would be totally grateful if you want to help me with the DLC's :embarrassed:

wow, I never thought that people in this forums were so generous :D

I don't think we need stopping at the pits if you don't take a pit stop, pace car going 50-60 mph, the cars that pit will catch up. stopping isn't real. I don't think two pace cars are needed, if there is a accident, the drivers can all report where it happened and continue driving at a slower speed, maintaining there position, until they catch the pace car just after the start/finish line. sign me up for the practice race.

stopping was just for reorganizing, without wasting laps, but think about it, with TV cameras, full track spotters, helicopters, and "working" radios, most tracks make mistakes on restart lines ups, i've seen the field stopped, (all be it) on some ameture races to reset the field

consider cars about to be lapped by the leaders, they need a lap just to catch up to everyone makeing thier stops, by the time they leave they would be hard pressed to reach the field before release on a 3 mile course, might even lead to another wreck. still though just an idea i've seen workout in the past. still need to have communication and people willing to abide by the rules

AJHG1000
Oh well, I would be totally grateful if you want to help me with the DLC's :embarrassed:

wow, I never thought that people in this forums were so generous :D

I'll PM you the code to redeem your tracks shortly.

AJHG1000, check you PM for PSN code for your track. Only Spa avalible at Game Stop. Motegi will be avalible in a few days.
ENJOY!!!!!

I'm in the SPEC Racing lounge now running some practice for tomorrow night, feel free to join me.

1:31:770 Tired and left early, I hope this is a decent time and I'm not embarrassing my self by posting it.

Last edited:
Just wanted to let you guys know I won't be able to make it tomorrow night. I promised the wife a date night. :)

Can't wait for tomorrow nights race. I'll bring a few friends!

Racing-Nascar-Snails--18207-1.jpg

Strike what I said earlier about making it this week. I've been asked to work the district 10 championship game Saturday night.

I'll be in tonight... foe show!!!

Got my car broke in, oil changed and washed for tonight.

Last edited:
I'm up for testing it out next Sat. Does that mean we have to crash on purpose? LOL!

Hey Everyone,
Since we won't have an official race next Saturday night, we'll be using that time to test out all the ideas that have been posted regarding the use of a pace/safety car. That being said, we don't have car and track picked out for the test race. I've been talking to cmbeal317 about an I idea I had for picking the car and tracks once we're done with the current "Lotus Elise 111R RM Challenge", and he seems to like the idea. Therefore, I'd like to see if everyone's okay with trying it out for next week's test race.

Basically, the idea is to allow the 1st and 2nd place winners of each race to jointly pick the car and track combination for the following race. For example, if 1st place decides to pick the car, then 2nd place gets to pick the track (and vise versa). However, in order to prevent the 1st place winner from making an uninformed decision (after all, the 2nd place winner could easily ruin his pick by picking an undesirable car or track to paired up with his selection), the 1st place winner would first only need to say whether he wants to pick the car or the track.

Let's say Driver A wins 1st place and Driver B wins 2nd place. Driver A now gets to choose whether he wants to pick the car for next week or the track for next week. He decides that he wants to pick the car. Therefore, Driver B now gets to select the track of his choice and he decided on Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Now that Driver A know which track has been seleceted, he can now make a more informed decision on which car he selects, and so he decides to pick the Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) ’02. Thoughts? Suggestions?

since that is already somewhat done in the Sunday SNAIL Races, I would rather stay with the one selected car that makes a tour of different tracks. I would like to see only "Real" tracks used in the upcoming seasons. Gran Turismo has announced more real tracks on the way in DLC's.

I really want to stay as we are now :)

I'm in the SPEC Racing lounge now running some practice for tomorrow night, feel free to join me.

1:31:770 Tired and left early, I hope this is a decent time and I'm not embarrassing my self by posting it.

My best lap with hard tires is 1:30.430 and my best lap with medium tires is 1:28.587

I REALLY pushed the car to its limit, so don't be scared, I was normally doing 1:30's with medium tires and 1:32's with hard tires :lol:

EDIT: I was about to break in the car when I realized that the transmission was modified for a better top speed, so I think I can get better times

EDIT: As expected, my best time in hard tires, with stock transmission is 1:29.756 and 1:26.798 with medium tires :)

Last edited:
since that is already somewhat done in the Sunday SNAIL Races, I would rather stay with the one selected car that makes a tour of different tracks. I would like to see only "Real" tracks used in the upcoming seasons. Gran Turismo has announced more real tracks on the way in DLC's.

Yes there are some similarities. I guess I just like the idea of rewarding performance on the track. It would be cool to stay with one selected car for a while, but I think two and half month season like we're on now if too long. What do you think about month long rotations? I know that similar to the new format of S.N.A.I.L., but in length only. Everything else is completely unique in the fact that the same car would be used for the entire month.

Also, any ideas on who would get to pick the new cars and tracks? Or did you just want to leave it to cmbeal317? Or perhaps we could all throw out suggestions and vote on them? Just trying to plan ahead so that we can have something in place for when this current season ends. Thoughts?

I think the next step could be something like 2 car classes available. One fast and one not as fast but still fast enough to stay exciting.

Yup, I brought that up to 'beal last night and he's completely on board with multi-class racing. We're just wanting to wait until we have a full grid before we split into two classes. It's coming though, so get ready!! :D

Lounge is open for anyone that would like some extra practice, room will be reset at 10pm for the start of qualifying.

Back