• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can I race in this series?
Sent a FR to Division 2 to join

Absolutely you can! Welcome!:)

cmbeal317 should be able to take care of your friend request shortly.👍

Looks like I beat 'beal to the punch! FR accepted. :sly:

Welcome to S.P.E.C., Edwin! :cheers:

EDIT: Dang, this is my third TOTPP today! I feel like I should post some major announcement or something! :lol:

DOUBLE EDIT: Okay, here's my major announcement..

The winner of this S.P.E.C. season will get his choice of a S.N.A.I.L. T-shirt:

snailtest.png

or his very own copy of GTPEDIA!! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Top page for the man at the top! That's the way it's supposed to be;)

Thanks a lot for prize choice!👍👍👍:)

Hey guys I'm back and ill be racin tonight, cya out on track

Welcome back, dangerzone! I noticed you have two accounts on the D2 friends list. Mind if I delete one of them? It's getting harder and harder to find inactive drivers to delete so it's best if each person only takes up one spot on the friends list.

Welcome back, dangerzone! I noticed you have two accounts on the D2 friends list. Mind if I delete one of them? It's getting harder and harder to find inactive drivers to delete so it's best if each person only takes up one spot on the friends list.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna use my gtpdangerzone641 account for SPEC so you can delete the gtp_DZ account

Oh gosh, is this still open!? i would like to race tonight!

Sure is! I'll send you a FR shortly!

Looks like I beat 'beal to the punch! FR accepted. :sly:

Welcome to S.P.E.C., Edwin! :cheers:

EDIT: Dang, this is my third TOTPP today! I feel like I should post some major announcement or something! :lol:

DOUBLE EDIT: Okay, here's my major announcement..

The winner of this S.P.E.C. season will get his choice of a S.N.A.I.L. T-shirt:

snailtest.png

or his very own copy of GTPEDIA!! :gtpflag:

Thank you so much Zer0 for offering prizes this season! Great to have some prizes for our 10th season!

Also, if no one else noticed, I'd like to point out that today is the One Year Anniversary of S.P.E.C. Racing!

So in honor of that, I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone for all the help and support over the past year in making this Saturday's Premier Enduro Club! I really couldn't have gotten this far with out everyone else coming along for the ride and helping to develop this club.

Once again a huge Thank You to everyone!:cheers::gtpflag:

Chris

Thank you so much Zer0 for offering prizes this season! Great to have some prizes for our 10th season!

Also, if no one else noticed, I'd like to point out that today is the One Year Anniversary of S.P.E.C. Racing!

So in honor of that, I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone for all the help and support over the past year in making this Saturday's Premier Enduro Club! I really couldn't have gotten this far with out everyone else coming along for the ride and helping to develop this club.

Once again a huge Thank You to everyone!:cheers::gtpflag:

Chris

It's my pleasure to offer prizes! As the first ever S.N.A.I.L. sanctioned series, you guys hold a special place in the history of our league. I didn't notice that it's already been a year! I guess time flies when you're having fun! Happy anniversary, S.P.E.C.!! :cheers:

I would love to race an endurance race, but I can't do it with boost on. Sorry guys. GL tonight though.

beal, you mind if I mention the idea I had about the "boost substitute" that I suggested in the lounge several months ago? I never had a chance to make that post like I said I would, but I'd be curious to see how everyone in S.P.E.C. felt about trying it out sometime.

It's my pleasure to offer prizes! As the first ever S.N.A.I.L. sanctioned series, you guys hold a special place in the history of our league. I didn't notice that it's already been a year! I guess time flies when you're having fun! Happy anniversary, S.P.E.C.!! :cheers:

beal, you mind if I mention the idea I had about the "boost substitute" that I suggested in the lounge several months ago? I never had a chance to make that post like I said I would, but I'd be curious to see how everyone in S.P.E.C. felt about trying it out sometime.

Your more than welcome to post your "boost substitute", in fact so much has gone on since you mentioned it to us, I can't even remember everything.:dunce:

Fun anniversary night :cheers: beal!

Sorry to Vail and anyone else I couldn't see in the first race. I'll make sure I can see the right number of drivers :(

Here we go for the Anniversary race. We have some new racers and some returning racers. We start off by welcoming the new guys.

Driving the 26 car - VrapPlus
Driving the 4 car - Edwin

And welcome back Dangerzone, ChuthuluGoat and AJ 1000

Tonights race will be all about tires. Cape Ring is very tight and limited straight-a-ways. There is the difficulty of the Jump over the top of the hill that can cause some cars to get a little crazy.
So lets get started.

The field starts off with 13 racers lined up ready to go. Vail gets the pole and leads the field.

Vail lead the field up the hill followed by Kendawg. Beal running wide on the cold tires.

First time over the jump Kendawg almost lands on Vail.

Rossi gets it out of shape going through the double apex turns.

Goat is the first to show why it is difficult to land the landing after the jump.

Close racing through the whole field. Chatva leads AJ, Edwin, tcrash and Beal

Beal get off track through the series of left turns. Beal is upset but the fans love it.

VrapPlus (26) shows that he can run up front with the leaders tcrash and Rossi

Back up front. Vail gives up the lead to Dangerzone.

After about ten laps on the soft tires they start to lose grip and it shows

tcrach battling with Kcheeb. Kcheeb was having to battle with race cars that he couldn't see. He says it was connection problems but we think that his wife was driving.

With just a few laps left in the first race. The battle up front is getting tight. Dangerzone out front leads Kcheeb, Vail, Beal, Kendawg, Rossi, Edwin and tcrash.

Kendawg flying by Kcheeb with Vail following

Kendawg passes Dangerzone for the lead. But lands with the left rear hitting the ground and upsets the car on the landing

Dangerzone, Vail and others past Kendawg as they race towards the checkered flag.

Dangerzone gets the win for the first race tonight.

Beal leads the field into turn one for the start of the Main Event.

No-one messing around on the first lap. AJ1000, Vail and Kendawg pass Beal in the bowl turn and go three wide of the hill.

Battle for the lead with everyone racing hard

Vail landing the jump with AJ and Kendawg coming in for the landing.

Once again the jump gets another. Vail and Beal battle for the lead as Kendawg loses it.

VrapPlus getting the inside move on Rossi and running up front with the leaders.

The leaders make their first pit stop in the Main Event.

Tcrash making up positions in the pits. His crew was faster than anyone tonight.

Kendawg catching and passing tcrash and looking for the the leader Vail.

Kendawg taking the inside on Vail for the lead.

Making the last pit stop of the night. As everyone is getting ready for the finish. Tcrash once again making up positions in the pits.

With less than three laps left. Dangerzone catches Kendawg and passes for the lead.

Kendawg does the cross over and passes Dangerzone back.

Dangerzone goes to the inside to retake the lead. Vail and others not far behind.

With 2 laps to go. Dangerzone leads Kendawg, Vail, tcrash, Kcheeb and Rossi.

With Dangerzone and Kendawg on older tires, Vail catches and makes the move on Kendawg to take second

Vail being on "fresh tires" makes the move on Dangerzone

Dangerzone fights back. Not giving the lead up easy.

Kendawg driving hard to stay with Vail. Tcrash and Kcheeb looking for a way by

Vail makes the pass on Dangerzone with Kendawg trying to follow. Tcrash falls back with a penalty.

Heading to the white flag lap. Kendawg makes the inside move on Dangerzone. No one is giving up an inch. Kcheeb with "fresh tires" is looking for a way by too.

Kendawg using every bit of the track to get around Dangerzone. Dangerzone and Kendawg on older worn tires are driving hard as possible. It is going to be a wild finish.

Dangerzone looking everywhere for a way by while Vail still leads the race.

The final lap begins. Vail, Kendawg, Dangerzone, Kcheeb, Rossi, tcrash and the rest of the field

Final time through the bowl turn with Dangerzone all over Kendawg

Dangerzone and Kendawg can't hold the bottom and go wide. Kcheeb sneaks through

Kendawg and Dangerzone battle for third. As Kcheeb gets by and goes after Vail

Vail gets the win

Kcheeb comes in second with Dangerzone getting third.

A good night of racing on the Anniversary night of SPEC racing. The new guys did well and we look forward to another good Saturday night of racing next week as we head to Laguna.

Last edited:
Congrats on S.P.E.C.'s one year anniversary:tup:! Thank you Beal for a great
series! Special thanks to Tcrash, Kendawg and the other behind the scene guys who put so much effort into S.P.E.C.!
Welcome and great racing by the new guys Edwin and VrapPlus:tup:
Awsome night of racing by all the drivers, thanks!:cheers:

Great pics and narrative KenDawg 👍

@Vail, I tried to get my wife to say she was sorry. She said you didn't have corner rights and to suck it up :lol:

Just kidding, I feel real bad about that. And to make matters worse, I had turned my mic volume down because some of the voices were super loud last night. If I hadn't I might have realized. Sorry again sir!

Happy one year anniversary guys. Last nights races were awesome. Those last few laps in the second laps, I felt the same as Lewis Hamilton was feeling after today's races where there was nothing he could do when people with better tires were coming behind him fast.

With just 2 races left I would like to bring up an idea for next season. This season and last has been run with a heat race and the main race with boost being on. The one thing that I've noticed is that boost does make for some close racing. BUT, the strategy is gone. With boost all you have to do is just ride around till the last 7 to 10 laps, pit put on softs and away everyone goes. Not much strategy to think about.

So, I think that we should run the first race only with boost off. Turn it on for the main. I have seen a couple of racers that had a good idea with their pit strategy but doesn't work with boost. And on the flip side I have seen guys take advantagy of the boost.

This might bring some more guys in, at least for the first race if they don't like boost racing. Then we could have the best of both worlds...

Just my thoughts and was wondering what everyone else thought....

With just 2 races left I would like to bring up an idea for next season. This season and last has been run with a heat race and the main race with boost being on. The one thing that I've noticed is that boost does make for some close racing. BUT, the strategy is gone. With boost all you have to do is just ride around till the last 7 to 10 laps, pit put on softs and away everyone goes. Not much strategy to think about.

So, I think that we should run the first race only with boost off. Turn it on for the main. I have seen a couple of racers that had a good idea with their pit strategy but doesn't work with boost. And on the flip side I have seen guys take advantagy of the boost.

This might bring some more guys in, at least for the first race if they don't like boost racing. Then we could have the best of both worlds...

Just my thoughts and was wondering what everyone else thought....

That is a good idea and I think we could talk about that for sure.

Who's ready to do battle in GT ACADEMY lol

How's the season going guys? Sorry work has taken over Saturday nights for awhile

dabneyd
I'd come back if there was no boost. I'm not the only one.

I understand why there are a group that don't like boost. But, in every race I've run with boost, I've gotten a lot of really good racing, instead of just the first couple of laps.

Not to mention how much experience you get running in traffic 👍 The other thing I've noticed is boost, especially low boost, will catch you back up, but it won't put you in front, you have to do it.

High boost has a more dramatic effect when you're behind the leader and the changes in feel are much more noticeable.

Maybe my goals are different than some others and that's totally cool. I like to feel like I've been in a race versus just doing laps.

I understand why there are a group that don't like boost. But, in every race I've run with boost, I've gotten a lot of really good racing, instead of just the first couple of laps.

Not to mention how much experience you get running in traffic 👍 The other thing I've noticed is boost, especially low boost, will catch you back up, but it won't put you in front, you have to do it.

High boost has a more dramatic effect when you're behind the leader and the changes in feel are much more noticeable.

Maybe my goals are different than some others and that's totally cool. I like to feel like I've been in a race versus just doing laps.

I agree totally. The boost makes it closer and more competitive. When doing an endurance race it is just more fun to have boost on for me. While I can see how some would feel like it is unfair, or makes a win hallow, I think it makes the journey that much better.

But to me there is no reason for the change of tire compound. Boost will catch you back up and if you want to out last someone that is on softs while you are on hards, well to bad because boost will catch them back up to you.

The last race at Cape ring, Dangerzone had more pit stops than anyone and he still ran up front and won a race. Do you think he would have won if boost was off and he did that?

I would just like to race one of the races with boost off so you can use STRATEGY instead of waiting on the game to catch you back up. The guys that like to race with no boost and use strategy could race in the first race. Then in the second race we could turn boost on and carry on.

Latest Posts

Back