• Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
martin20az
Count me in. Ferrari/audi

I'll add you to the list as soon as I get home!

Also, I think it would be best that before we start qualifying for tonight that we do a lap of the circuit in honor of Allan Simonsen, who as some of you probably know by now was killed earlier today at Le Mans.

cmbeal317
I'll be on that right away!

Edit: I've got to wait for zer05ive to tell me who to take off the friends list for D2, then I'll be sending it.

Hey beal, we're back in our house now 👍 But I'm not feeling up to racing tonight :(

Have fun everyone! If someone can save the replays I'd like to have them for a project I'm working on ;)

I'll go hop on and take care of the d2 friends 👍

Last edited:
Hey beal, we're back in our hoise now 👍 But I'm not feeling up to racing tonight :(

Have fun everyone! If someone can save the replays I'd like to have them for a project I'm working on ;)

I'll go hop on and take care of the d2 friends 👍

Glad to hear everything is getting back to normal for you! Too bad your not feeling up to racing, but I'm gonna make sure to save all the replays(including our memorial to Allan Simonsen), and I'll upload them to Sugarsync for you!

Also thanks for getting everything sorted out with sorted out for screaming chief!

Chris

so for the simonsen, i was thinking we should drive around in aston martins... if not what are we going to go around in?

What I was planning was having AJKVail drive around in a V12 Vantage, painted in Gulf colors, which is as close as we can get. Then we'll follow him the 2009 circuit. I was originally thinking of using the LMPs we're going to use for the second race, but having everyone in Aston Martins is an even better idea!

Or maybe having all the cars from the gt class drive around.

Edit: so that would be the 458, the zr1, and some sort of RUF to represent the Porsche, and of course the astons

Or maybe having all the cars from the gt class drive around.

Edit: so that would be the 458, the zr1, and some sort of RUF to represent the Porsche, and of course the astons

Don't forget the Vipers as well! Let go with this idea! ZR1 RM's, if you've got time put wings on your Vipers, 458's and Astons to make them look closer to there racing equivalents!

Just wanted to let everyone know the points have now been updated to reflect last weeks event at Le Mans. See you all tonight at Suzuka!

cmbeal317

Wait a minute. Last weeks race was not a points race.....

In addition I'll be offering double points for the night, and both races will each be worth the same amount of points as the second race is on a normal night meaning that winning both races and getting fastest lap in both qualifying sessions you could walk away with a total of up to 58 points!!

Last week was for double points. Although due to the fact we were running a little behind, we ended up only doing one qualifying session, so the most you could get was 57 points.

Those cars don't look like, sound like, or spelled like Subaru to me. Didn't know we could change the rules in the middle of a season...:indiff:

O'well, Guess I'll just stick with Monday Cap in the Snail league now.

Later :mad:

The first race will be a Le Mans Classic:
- 14 Laps with 2 Timed Laps for qualifying
- Cars allowed would be the Ferrari 330 P4, Ford MKIV, and Jaguar XJ13
- No tuning for any of the cars as usual
- Tire wear set to Fast instead of Normal
- Circuit de la Sarthe 2005(No Chicane)
- Traditional Le Mans Start - watch following video(Only thing is we won't run to the cars)

The second race will feature the latest LMP1 cars:
- 14 Laps with 2 timed laps for qualifying
- Cars allowed - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP and Audi R10 TDI Race Car ’06
- No tuning for any of the cars as usual
- Tire wear set to Fast instead of Normal
- Time Change(set to 30), but no weather
- Circuit de la Sarthe 2009

Regulations:

All races will be reviewed and penalties will be enforced according to the OLR Rules
Boost: Low
Penalty: Weak (and Effective for Free Run)
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Boost: Weak
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: On
Grip Reduction: Real
Tire Restrictions: Racing Hard, Racing Soft, Racing Intermediate, Racing Rain * Special rules listed below.*
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed

Tire Regulations:

Changing your tire compound (Hard and Soft) will be required in each of the two rounds. You must race 1 complete lap on your first stint before you can come to the pits to change compounds. This means if you start off the race with hard compound, you cannot pit on lap 1, you can pit on lap 2 because you would had completed at least one full lap. This also means that if you run your first stint on soft and run 15 laps and make your manditory pit for your compound change you cannot pit on lap 16 because you did not complete 1 full lap, you can pit on lap 17. I think you guys get what I'm saying.
After you make your manditory compound change, you can pit and change your tires as many times as you want, any compound.
If we have a race with weather then the compound change is eliminated for the one track/Sat.

In addition I'll be offering double points for the night, and both races will each be worth the same amount of points as the second race is on a normal night meaning that winning both races and getting fastest lap in both qualifying sessions you could walk away with a total of up to 58 points!!

If we do this I'll push Suzuka back to the following weekend. Also I'd like to see a variety of cars, so I don't want everyone to pick the same car for each race.

Entry List:
Le Mans Classic:
Ferrari 330 P4:
1: AJHG1000
2: Dangerzone641
3: kcheeb
4: screaming chief
5: martin20az

Ford Mark IV:
1: Chiochan
2: Dabneyd
3:
4:
5:

Jaguar XJ13:
1: cmbeal317
2: fzappa
3: AJKVail
4: rossitronic
5: Chatva

Le Mans Modern:
Audi R10 TDI:
1: AJHG1000
2: Chiochan
3: Kcheeb
4: martin20az
5:

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total:
1: AJKVail
2: fzappa
3: rossitronic
4: chatva
5:

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Oreca Matmut
1: cmbeal317
2: Dabneyd
3: screaming chief
4: Dangerzone641
5:
[/SIZE]​

Those cars don't look like, sound like, or spelled like Subaru to me. Didn't know we could change the rules in the middle of a season...:indiff:

O'well, Guess I'll just stick with Monday Cap in the Snail league now.

Later :mad:

Ken , did you not see the post cmbeal made and how the points were going to be awarded? I highlighted it for you in red in beals post. The reason was to celebrate the 24Hr's of LeMans. We have done something similar in the past so it was not new.

You have me at a loss for words when your pretty much say that you are not going to race SPEC anymore because we threw in a special race and it was going to count for the season point total. I really hope that is not the case. Your a big part of SPEC and it would be a silly loss, in my opinion.

Hope you reconsider and join us for the final race of the season.

Another thing is that I don't see that you come to every SPEC race so your a little behind in points anyways so this special event didn't really do much.

Another thing is that I don't see that you come to every SPEC race so your a little behind in points anyways so this special event didn't really do much.

That's not necessarily true, DZ. Kendawg has been a staple in SPEC for a while and don't remember him missing any races. And if he did, it was maybe one.
The special event did matter to him as he was leading in points going into the special event and now he is in sixth place. I can totally understand why he is pissed-off but it was said in cmbeal's special event post that it would count for the season.
So let's not dismiss his feelings.

That being said, I think everyone in SPEC would be disappointed if kendawg, moving forward, didn't race in SPEC. He would definitely be missed. He's like family here!

Ken, don't make me come to Georgia!

Hey guys, after my day out and about, I'm totally bushed and not likely to race tonight :(

Have a good one 👍

Hey guys, after my day out and about, I'm totally bushed and not likely to race tonight :(

Have a good one 👍

Relax, my friend! You deserve it! Volunteering to help out the less fortunate is an awesome thing.👍
Hopefully everything is okay concerning you and your family.

fzappa
Relax, my friend! You deserve it! Volunteering to help out the less fortunate is an awesome thing.👍
Hopefully everything is okay concerning you and your family.

Thanks crash, we're all fine 👍

I was thinking I was going to be able to race a whole season :boggled:

Have a good one 👍

Not a problem cheeb! I was looking to that link you shared for Flickr, and I've never seen anything like that. There seem to be a lot of places having really bad floods this year. Glad to hear you were able to help out!

Chris

Back