• Only DLC Tracks

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry I didn't make it last night I was going to try but I got out of the hospital from a car accident ill hopefully make the races next week

Sorry I didn't make it last night I was going to try but I got out of the hospital from a car accident ill hopefully make the races next week

Whoa!

Take it easy, man.

Been in way too many here (1 as a driver, way back). They hurt.

Yeah I'll post a picture of it this week. But a guy ran a stop sign and I didn't have one and I went right into him

THRASH

Yikes, hope you're okay man!

Take care of yourself first THRASH, your health it more important than racing with us.

Also, I'll be announcing the results of Season 10 later tonight!

Chris

well its been awhile since ive posted photos but this is partly the reason why. I was driving to work and a guy in a truck ran a stop sign coming from the right side. I tried to dodge him by going behind him and avoiding but my left front caught his left rear and it totaled my car. my car shot to the left and I pulled it back to the right. you can see where it hooked in the dirt. concussion and a fracture in the throttle hand but at least I made it. I hit him at 55 mph
UWO41dT.jpg

LIWGDue.jpg

caMY1Ud.jpg

gGBBAlF.jpg

1V4gX3I.jpg

8I95Yvb.jpg

hVsVE4U.jpg

Z79Vd43.jpg

3C2P062.jpg

3hg7zdz.jpg

S.P.E.C. Racing Season 10 Results

1st: rossitronic - rossitronic - Indy red/Daytona yellow - #41 Points: 250
2nd: AJK-VAIL Points: 227
3rd: fzappa - tcrash15 - Orange/Black - #15 Points: 215
4th: Racingchamp30 Points: 206
5th: cmbeal317 - cmbeal317 - Red/Silver - #17 Points: 202
6th: kendawg - kendawg198 - Burgandy/Black - #98 Points: 165
7th: Dangerzone - GTPDangerZone641 Points: 128
8th: chatva - chatva - Beige/ Bleu non metallise - #39 Points: 125
9th: ChuthuluGoat Points: 112
10th: kcheeb - kcheeb - Lotus Racing Green Metallic/stock - #76 Points: 104
11th: VrapPlus Points: 61
12th: martin20az Points: 54
13th: dabneyd -dabneyd - Silver/Gunmetal - #8 Points: 47
14th: drrgreenthumb67 Points: 47
15th: SCREAMING_CHIEF Points: 43
16th: AJHG1000 - AJHG1000 - Midnight Purple III/ Chrome Orange #51 Points: 37
17th: ChuthuluGoat - Metallic Gray/Passionate pink - #37 Points: 36
18th: edwin1017 Points: 29
19th: shmiggz Points: 23
20th: hooker4 Points: 17
21st: wolfsatz Points: 9

Once again another great season comes to a close. As usual I'd like to take a moment to once again than everyone for coming out and making this possible for the past year! There's going to be some changes moving forward, with the possible change of moving back to a modified version of how we used to race(more details below). As per usual the top 6 drives with get to decide with car and tracks we'll be racing next season.

For our 10th Season, zer05ive kindly offered a prize to 1st Place for the season. The prize is a choice of either of the following items:

S.N.A.I.L. T-shirt:

snailtest.png

or his very own copy of GTPEDIA!! :gtpflag:

Changes for Season 11
The question of whether we should run the races with boost or not has been a big topic lately and it has come time that we try something proposed by zer05ive:

Regarding the current discussion on boost, I see both sides of the argument. Boost definitely creates tighter racing and prevents extensive hot-lapping, but it also de-emphasizes strategy and takes some of the "sim" out of sim racing. As I mentioned last week, I have an idea that I think might sufficiently keep the field together without the need for boost. If enough people thinks it's worth a shot, maybe we can test it out after the season or during a bye-week. Here's the idea:

When race details are announced, specific lap numbers are designated as caution laps. For example, if a race was 60 laps, we could designate lap numbers 20 and 40 as caution laps. During those two caution laps, the leader is required to slow down to a predetermined mph so that the field can bunch up (same effect that caution flags have in RL). All the other cars can go as fast as they want during the caution lap as long as they don't gain any positions. In other words, no passing! (just like in RL)

Also just as in RL racing, the pit road would be closed when the caution flag comes out. Therefore, no pit stops would be allowed during the designated caution laps. This would help ensure that pit strategy and tire management remain major factor in the race's outcome (as opposed to everyone just pitting on the designated caution laps 👎). In order to reward drivers during the course of the race, championship points could be rewarded at each caution lap interval based on the order of the grid during the caution lap. However, the vast majority of the points would be awarded based on the final results.

Therefore next week, since it's in between seasons, we're going to hold a test using the new car for next season. We'll use a the track I determine to be first for next season. So think of it as an official practice session, and to determine if this new way of racing will work and everyone is understanding of how the system works.

Thank you all once again for the great racing and support to make all of this possible!

Chris

P.S. - if anyone is still reading at this point, look at my handle! I've finally decided it was time to go premium. Looks like I'm stuck here for good!:gtpflag:

Thinking about the next season. This could bring out alot of STRATEGY.👍

A. Do you pit after the mandatory pit stop to keep the points but loose track position to the guys that pitted before.

B. Do you pit before the mandatory pit stop to gain position on guys that pit after the mandatory pit and give up the points.

C. Do you try running the race with just on pit stop.

Can't wait to see how this turns out. Think it is going to bring some head thinking back to some good racing. I just hope there isn't a "Special Event" throwed in there...:lol:

This car is going to be a handful.:cheers:

For this season we should have a pit window, an amount of laps that you must pit in. For example, say there's 50 laps in a race, you could have a window from 10-20, then later on in the race the window would be from 35-43 and then after that no more pit stops

Nah...tire wear is on...you must pit at LEAST once to change compounds then it's on you as to how far/fast you can go on the tires you chose ;)

Saturday July 6th:
As previously mentioned, we'll be running a test this Saturday to get everyone on board for our new format starting next season. We're going to use the new car for season 11(Chevy Corvette ZR1(C6) RM '09) and we're going to race for 70 laps of Indy Road Course, with designated caution laps being Lap 24 and Lap 48. At that time the leader of the race will slow to no more than 60mph. The field will then bunch up behind the leader, and anyone who is a lap or more down can pass the field and try to make up that lap. The caution lap will last no longer than 2 laps. So when the leader slows down on Lap 24, he will resume regular pace when he crosses the line to start the 26th lap.

cmbeal317
Regarding the current discussion on boost, I see both sides of the argument. Boost definitely creates tighter racing and prevents extensive hot-lapping, but it also de-emphasizes strategy and takes some of the "sim" out of sim racing. As I mentioned last week, I have an idea that I think might sufficiently keep the field together without the need for boost. If enough people thinks it's worth a shot, maybe we can test it out after the season or during a bye-week. Here's the idea:

When race details are announced, specific lap numbers are designated as caution laps. For example, if a race was 60 laps, we could designate lap numbers 20 and 40 as caution laps. During those two caution laps, the leader is required to slow down to a predetermined mph so that the field can bunch up (same effect that caution flags have in RL). All the other cars can go as fast as they want during the caution lap as long as they don't gain any positions. In other words, no passing! (just like in RL)

Also just as in RL racing, the pit road would be closed when the caution flag comes out. Therefore, no pit stops would be allowed during the designated caution laps. This would help ensure that pit strategy and tire management remain major factor in the race's outcome (as opposed to everyone just pitting on the designated caution laps 👎). In order to reward drivers during the course of the race, championship points could be rewarded at each caution lap interval based on the order of the grid during the caution lap. However, the vast majority of the points would be awarded based on the final results.

Anyways, there you have it. I've had that format in the back of my mind for a while now, so I figured I better speak now or forever hold my peace. :) Feel free to rip it to shreds if you don't like it as I'm sure there are weaknesses in the format that I haven't even considered. However, it's just a humble attempt to find a "best of both worlds" approach that I think is worth trying at least once. And although I learned long ago that you can't always please everyone, I constantly find myself trying to do exactly that. :lol:

Last edited:
Do we still have to change compounds Soft and Hards at least once or can we run any tire compound?

Yes, compound change is still required. Everything else, other than what was in my earlier post, has remained the same.

Just ran some practice laps. Boy it was a handful.
Also, What do you think about during the caution laps we run those in the computer mode. The car runs 40 mph and it would give anyone time to use the restroom or grab a drink?
All you have to do is hit the pause button and it takes over.

Just ran some practice laps. Boy it was a handful.
Also, What do you think about during the caution laps we run those in the computer mode. The car runs 40 mph and it would give anyone time to use the restroom or grab a drink?
All you have to do is hit the pause button and it takes over.

We could do that, although the only problem is it takes your car to the pits. We talked about that in the room last Saturday, and what we decided upon for right now, if you need to get up and do something else quick, then use the pause button, but if not, just keep driving as usual. Of course we can use this test session to test that out as well.

Man I really wished my Saturdays were free to run this with the new caution rule and no boost.

I would like to offer one suggestion. When you all come around to get the green flag. Allow people to pit.

So if lap 24 caution comes out. You bunch up and cross line at end of 24. Coming around to receive green flag on end of lap 25. Open put lane then. It would add one last bit of strategy.

Also if a car spins and they have a mic. Allow them to call for a caution. That would be awesome too. Maybe bring that in after this new caution format is used. At which point you could do a one mandatory caution mid race. Then there could one or five during the race.

Anyway. Love the idea and I'm envious to know end of you guys. So much I want to run a duplicate of this on Thursday over Nurb night. LoL

Best of luck fellas. You got a good thing going.

I like the idea of calling out a caution. But it would have to be in the case of someone knocking you off or something of that nature. Just because if your about to go a lap down, then you could just spin the car and call caution.

But it does sound like something we could talk about. Thanks Owens..👍

kendawg
I like the idea of calling out a caution. But it would have to be in the case of someone knocking you off or something of that nature. Just because if your about to go a lap down, then you could just spin the car and call caution.

But it does sound like something we could talk about. Thanks Owens..👍

Calling out caution has been tried before in this series. Less than stellar results to be honest. We even had a dedicated pace car, similar outcome.

Calling out caution has been tried before in this series. Less than stellar results to be honest. We even had a dedicated pace car, similar outcome.

I remember when I was the pace car driver!! :lol:

Only one race though, then you told me that if I wanted to race with you, and here we are :)

I remember when I was the pace car driver!! :lol:

Only one race though, then you told me that if I wanted to race with you, and here we are :)

👍

Sorry, didn't mean to make my previous post sound defeatist. If we want to give them a try, maybe we can make them work this time.

Back