• Only DLC Tracks

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did. Then I thought I heard you say the other night you were picking the F course (the one with the chicane). Just making sure....:)

Oh! I thought GT was the chicane track. My error! It's Fuji with the chicane. If that's F then it's Fuji F. Sorry for the confusion.

So where are the rest of the picks? :)

Oh god, no picks yet and it's Friday already

tumblr_mdjj7sLuAA1rugtvpo1_500.gif

And my Vette is not broken in yet :dunce:

I'll PM Racingchamp when I get home but in the mean time, lets continue the track picks. Ken and beal, post you track picks in the meantime.

Nothing like waiting for the last minute! Makes things more exciting.

If points were awarded last night using the top 5 get points at cautions and normal points at the end.

First caustion
1. dabneyd (5)
2. Vail (4)
3. Kendawg (3)
4. kcheeb (2)
5. rossi (1)

Second caution
1. Vail (5)
2. rossi (4)
3. dangerzone (3)
4. Kendawg (2)
5. kcheeb (1)

Finsh
1. dangerzone (16) 1 point for pole (17)
2. dabneyd (15)
3. kcheeb (14)
4. Kendawg (13)
5. rossi (12)
6. tcrash (11)
7. Vail (10)
8. Goat (9)
9. Beal (8)

Standing Points
1. Dangerzone...........20
2. dabneyd...............20
3. Vail......................19
4. Kendawg...............18
5. kcheeb..................17
6. rossi.....................17
7. tcrash...................11
8. Goat......................9
9. cmbeal...................8

This is the way, I think, the scoring should be done.
Easy squeezy!

If points were awarded last night using the top 5 get points at cautions and normal points at the end.

First caustion
1. dabneyd (5)
2. Vail (4)
3. Kendawg (3)
4. kcheeb (2)
5. rossi (1)

Second caution
1. Vail (5)
2. rossi (4)
3. dangerzone (3)
4. Kendawg (2)
5. kcheeb (1)

Finsh
1. dangerzone (16) 1 point for pole (17)
2. dabneyd (15)
3. kcheeb (14)
4. Kendawg (13)
5. rossi (12)
6. tcrash (11)
7. Vail (10)
8. Goat (9)
9. Beal (8)

Standing Points
1. Dangerzone...........20
2. dabneyd...............20
3. Vail......................19
4. Kendawg...............18
5. kcheeb..................17
6. rossi.....................17
7. tcrash...................11
8. Goat......................9
9. cmbeal...................8

Where has this week gone? Anyways moving on to the important stuff...

I'm not counting the points from last week, as it was intended as a practice session to make sure the new system would work, which it did! Moving forward would you like be in charge of taking the points and posting in the thread the results from each week? I'll then use that to update to points tally in the first post.

As for my track selection I'll go with:

Monza(No Chicane)

Just a heads up I'm going to be going away tomorrow, though I don't think I'll have any problem getting back in time to race. If we can get the rest of the tracks selected by Midnight EST, I'll decide and announce the order for this season. Otherwise I'll determine just which track we'll race tomorrow night and the rest of the schedule will be determined as soon as all the tracks have been picked.

I just PMed racingchamp to post his track pick. kendawg, don't wait for his pick, just go ahead and choose. Like cmbeal said, if we don't have all the tracks picked buy tomorrow, he'll sort what we have and add racingchamp's pick.

Remember everyone, this season we are racing a full enduro race. The will no longer be 2 rounds, 5 minute breaks or BOOST. Instead, there will be 2 set caution periods during the race, at a predetermined lap, that totals 2 laps of caution each period. That will be your break if you decide to get up for a pee or anything else.

Example: There are 45 laps. The 1st caution will be at lap 15. That means when you cross the start/finish line to start lap 15 you slow down and hit your pause button. This will enable the computer to put your car at caution pace. You are able to catch up to the leaders during the caution but when you catch up, please hit your pause button at least three car lengths to car in front of you to begin caution pace( use your judgment ). If you are lap(s) down, you can drive passed the leaders, at full race speed, to get your lap(s) back. But if you get your lap(s) back and you catch up to the leaders, you must hit your pause button to maintain caution speed with everyone else. The race will resume at the last turn of most all tracks. This will help prevent slamming into each other prior to the restart at the start/finish line. So this means there's really like 1 7/8 of caution laps, so as per the example, the race will start during lap 16 coming out of the last turn of the track. The next caution will start at lap 30, following the same rule as the first caution period. The race will resume during lap 31 coming out of the first turn.

Pitting - The normal SPEC rule will still be in effect. You must change compounds at least once during the race. (Racing hard and soft will still be the compounds).

Pitting the lap before the caution - You CANNOT pit on the lap before the caution. So, as per the example above, you cannot pit on lap 14 or lap 30. The reason for this is if you do, you will come out of the pits under caution. You MUST start the cautions on the track.

Pitting under caution - You CAN pit during the caution laps but you cannot come out of the pits and gain a position on the cars that did not pit. If you do happen to come out of the pits in front of someone who did not pit, you are to slow up and take position at the rear of the field of cars that did not pit. If you gain a position on someone who pitted with you, that is okay. So, pit strategy will be key and will definitely come into play this season.

We've gone through some changes during the passed 10 season's. Some good, some not but I think this season, with the new rules, is going to be the best. Especially, staring the 11th season with the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1(C6)RM :)👍

If there are any questions about the new rules this season, please post them and they will be answered. We want to make sure everyone is on the same page before tomorrow nights race.

See everyone on the track, which track:sly:, tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Sorry for the tardyness tonight. Had a night out...

I'll go with Daytona Road Course as my track pick.

And yes Beal, I'll keep the scoring.👍

Lets go with Fuji GT this week!

My mistake. I thought Fuji GT was with the chicane. It is Fuji F. I like the idea of using this track first.

Can I throw another easy to do idea out there? I think we should keep the pause button, during the caution, before the restart, on until your car is out of the last turn and then hit the gas.

Last edited:
My mistake. I thought Fuji GT was with the chicane. It is Fuji F. I like the idea of using this track first.

Can I throw another easy to do idea out there? I think we should keep the pause button, during the caution, before the restart, on until your car is out of the last turn and then hit the gas.

Okay, I'll switch that to Fuji F!

As for keeping the pause button one until the last corner that should work, just so everyone remembers to re-engage the pause button after passing the pit entrance.

Sorry for the tardyness tonight. Had a night out...

I'll go with Daytona Road Course as my track pick.

And yes Beal, I'll keep the scoring.👍

Awesome! I'll still wait until we hear from RacingChamp to decide the rest of the lineup.

Also, thank you for taking care of the points!

cmbeal317

Remember everyone, this season we are racing a full enduro race. The will no longer be 2 rounds, 5 minute breaks or BOOST. Instead, there will be 2 set caution periods during the race, at a predetermined lap, that totals 2 laps of caution each period. That will be your break if you decide to get up for a pee or anything else.

Example: There are 45 laps. The 1st caution will be at lap 15. That means when you cross the start/finish line to start lap 15 you slow down and hit your pause button. This will enable the computer to put your car at caution pace. You are able to catch up to the leaders during the caution but when you catch up, please hit your pause button at least three car lengths to car in front of you to begin caution pace( use your judgment ). If you are lap(s) down, you can drive passed the leaders, at full race speed, to get your lap(s) back. But if you get your lap(s) back and you catch up to the leaders, you must hit your pause button to maintain caution speed with everyone else. The race will resume at the last turn of most all tracks. This will help prevent slamming into each other prior to the restart at the start/finish line. So this means there's really like 1 7/8 of caution laps, so as per the example, the race will start during lap 16 coming out of the last turn of the track. The next caution will start at lap 30, following the same rule as the first caution period. The race will resume during lap 31 coming out of the first turn.

Pitting - the normal SPEC rule will still be in effect. You must change compounds at least once during the race. (Racing hard and soft will still be the compounds).

Pitting under caution - You must complete a FULL lap of caution. This means, referring to the example above, you cannot pit on lap 15. You also cannot pit on the lap prior to the caution as you will come out of the pits during the caution lap. But you can pit on the 2nd caution lap but remember, the race resumes after the last turn of the track. You can pit 2 laps from the caution, if you feel. So, pit strategy will be key and will definitely come into play this season.

We've gone through some changes during the passed 10 season's. Some good, some not but I think this season, with the new rules, is going to be the best. Especially, staring the 11th season with the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1(C6)RM :)👍

If there are any questions about the new rules this season, please post them and they will be answered. We want to make sure everyone is on the same page before tomorrow nights race.

Thanks for breaking down the new procedures, tcrash! I just wanted to throw out one more suggestion for you guys to consider (because I'm admittedly having some second thoughts on restarting the race at the last turn of the 2nd caution lap). When I try to visualize restarting the race at the last turn, (especially on a track with a long front straight like Fuji) I start getting a little nervous..

Considering that all the cars will be entering that long Fuji straight in close proximity to each other, draft will likely have a huge effect on the field and for an extended period of time as well. This could result in a 2-wide or even 3-wide clump of cars racing full steam into Turn 1. :nervous:

To avoid this scenario, maybe we should consider restarting the race at the first turn after the two caution laps are completed instead of restarting the race at last turn of the second caution lap? In other words, maybe we should restart the race after the long straight instead before the long straight.

So instead of having 1 7/8 of caution laps, there would effectively be 2 1/8 of caution laps. This slightly extended caution distance would also give all those who pit on the second caution lap more time to catch up to the field before the race restarts, thus helping to keep the field together even after a round of pit stops. 👍

Anyways, just wanted to throw that out for you guys to consider. Regardless, I'm hoping I can join you guys again tonight (but unlike last week I plan to be ON TIME so that I can actually race! :lol:) The in-laws aren't in town to foil my plans and I've already managed to get the all-clear from the old lady. :D

Last edited:
Is this still running with boost on?

BTW, this is the same Vette we ran at Fuji a couple months ago right?

No boost.

Yes. Same car. No need to break it in if you raced that combo in Snail:tup:

2.5 min per caution lap.
4 x 2.5 = 10 minutes
105 - 10 = 95
1.34 lap times
95 / 1.34 = 70

So, we could run the same laps we did last week.
70 total laps cautions on lap 24 and 48

2.5 min per caution lap.
4 x 2.5 = 10 minutes
105 - 10 = 95
1.34 lap times
95 / 1.34 = 70

So, we could run the same laps we did last week.
70 total laps cautions on lap 24 and 48

Thanks Ken. I got the same calculations. After 3 laps my best was 1:34.127. I'll save the rest for tonight.

Tonight at Fuji F, we will be running 70 laps with the 1st caution at lap 24 and the 2nd caution at lap 48.That means when your cross the start/finish line to start lap 24 and 48, those laps begin the cautions.

Thanks for breaking down the new procedures, tcrash! I just wanted to throw out one more suggestion for you guys to consider (because I'm admittedly having some second thoughts on restarting the race at the last turn of the 2nd caution lap). When I try to visualize restarting the race at the last turn, (especially on a track with a long front straight like Fuji) I start getting a little nervous..

Considering that all the cars will be entering that long Fuji straight in close proximity to each other, draft will likely have a huge effect on the field and for an extended period of time as well. This could result in a 2-wide or even 3-wide clump of cars racing full steam into Turn 1. :nervous:

To avoid this scenario, maybe we should consider restarting the race at the first turn after the two caution laps are completed instead of restarting the race at last turn of the second caution lap? In other words, maybe we should restart the race after the long straight instead before the long straight.

So instead of having 1 7/8 of caution laps, there would effectively be 2 1/8 of caution laps. This slightly extended caution distance would also give all those who pit on the second caution lap more time to catch up to the field before the race restarts, thus helping to keep the field together even after a round of pit stops. 👍

Anyways, just wanted to throw that out for you guys to consider. Regardless, I'm hoping I can join you guys again tonight (but unlike last week I plan to be ON TIME so that I can actually race! :lol:) The in-laws aren't in town to foil my plans and I've already managed to get the all-clear from the old lady. :D

zer0, that's a good idea, but as from what I've seen most of the time we don't have too many problems, if any at all, at the first corner. While the speeds will be much higher going into the breaking zone than on other tracks, I don't imagine most of us will have problems. We can always try this out later, but I'd really hate to change it shortly before the start of the race. We'll see how everything goes tonight, and if we do run into problems, then I can see possibly discussing this further. As I've said many times before I'm open to any and all ideas for things we could do to improve the league, though I'd really like to see how our new system will work for a while before we start making more changes that may or may not be necessary.

Also it's great to see that your going to try and be on time to race tonight! It'll will be great to have you back on the track once again!:dopey:

cmbeal317

zer0, that's a good idea, but as from what I've seen most of the time we don't have too many problems, if any at all, at the first corner. While the speeds will be much higher going into the breaking zone than on other tracks, I don't imagine most of us will have problems. We can always try this out later, but I'd really hate to change it shortly before the start of the race. We'll see how everything goes tonight, and if we do run into problems, then I can see possibly discussing this further. As I've said many times before I'm open to any and all ideas for things we could do to improve the league, though I'd really like to see how our new system will work for a while before we start making more changes that may or may not be necessary.

Also it's great to see that your going to try and be on time to race tonight! It'll will be great to have you back on the track once again!:dopey:

cmbeal317

Sounds good, beal! When I originally suggested restarting at the last corner last week, it was because I felt that restarting a race at a fast and wide-open area of the track left open the possibility of drivers intentionally dropping back in order to "get a run" on the driver in front of them. Also, I saw drivers pulling off to the side before last week's restarts so I figured that restarting at a turn would help keep everyone in a single-file line when the green flag dropped.

I admit that the main reason I tweaked the suggestion earlier today was due to the track layout of Fuji itself. The last turn is has an especially late (if not ambiguous) apex followed by an incredibly long straight. Therefore, I felt like the slower hairpin at Turn 1, coupled with it's well-defined apex, would make the learning curve on this new system a little less painful. In other words, I didn't want the restart to result in any disputes of anyone punching the gas too early, or even worse, having a pile-up at the end of the straight.

That being said, many tracks would be better suited to restart at the last turn instead of the first turn because the last turn is the slower of the two (Laguna Seca and Suzuka off the top of my head), so there are definitely situations when the last turn is the better of the two options. Also, in terms of simulating a real-life race, punching the gas before the start/finish line would certainly feel more "realistic" than waiting till the first turn after it. When was the last time you saw a field of race cars waiting until after they passed the guy waving the green flag before they hit the accelerator? By the time they pass him and the start/finish line, the entire field is already at full speed (which is what we'll be doing tonight :)).

We probably should just set the rules and stick with them rather than modifying them based on the track layout. So for tonight, as long as we all stay in a single-file line behind the leader heading into the last turn, and the leader doesn't punch the gas before the true apex of the last turn, I think we'll be fine. Long story short, just ignore my post from earlier today. :lol:

Such a disappointment that I didn't see the number of laps and the caution laps, I lost half a minute pitting at the race restart and another half because I accidentally mixed hard with soft compounds, after that, I really pushed the car so much that my best time was a 1:32.300...

It'll be next week :D:tup:

Also..
1000th post :gtpflag:

Race 1 Season 11 - Fuji F

Caution 1 - lap 24
1. Kendawg....5
2. Zer05ive....4
3. AJHG1000...3
4. rossi..........2
5. Vail...........1

Caution 2 - lap 48
1. Vail............5
2. tcrash........4
3. Zer05ive.....3
4. Kendawg.....2
5. cmbeal........1

Results
1. Kendawg........17 (1 point pole)
2. rossi..............15
3. tcrash............14
4. Vail................13
5. cmbeal...........12
6. Zer05ive.........11
7. Wolfsatz..........10
8. RacingChamp.....9
9. AJHG1000..........8

Overall and Standings
1. Kendawg.............24
2. Vail....................19
3. Zer05ive..............18
4. tcrash.................18
5. rossi...................17
6. cmbeal................13
7. AJHG1000............11
8. Wolfsatz..............10
9. RacingChamp.........9

Last edited:
Well, with only one small hiccup last night during the 1st caution, I think the new racing rules worked pretty darn good. There was a lot of close battles, passing back and forth and pit strategy worked for some and not others.

After a small:sly: discussion after the race, we're going to change the wording on the rules for everyone to understand going forward. Since the frequent racers in SPEC know what the rules already are, we have to make sure that any potential new racers can understand them clearly.:)

All and all, last nights race, in my opinion, was, so far, the best SPEC race in 11 seasons:tup:. Not one person, out of 10, fell a lap down. As I mentioned earlier, there was some close battles through out the field and it was good to see. I'm excited that everyone had a positive feeling after the race with the new rules.

I also what to thank zer05ive for making SPEC his first official race back, since Feb, to race in:tup:. It was an honor, my friend. For someone not to race, competitively, for all those months, you were freakin' awesome. I'm not saying, by any means, that he is officially back racing but hopefully he is back to race more, soon. I also what to thank him for the idea of the implementing the 2 caution periods during the race. With that idea, it brought back the enduro style racing that it's suppose to be.

Now to the overall winner of last nights race, kendawg. Great win! I don't now how you survived the last few laps of the race with barely any tires left and running on fumes but you we just enough ahead to pull it off. Again, great win!

I will end by saying, S.P.E.C. is an awesome S.N.A.I.L. Racing Series event. The camaraderie that everyone has with each other here is why this event works as well as it does and why it is the longest running S.N.A.I.L. Racing Series event. I urge everyone reading this post to come check it out. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

See everyone on the track next Saturday night!

Back