• Only DLC Tracks

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fzappa, which courses are left that i can choose?

Monza(no chicane), Fuji F, Daytona Road Course and Suzuka have all been taken so far.

Like cmbeal said above. Pick any track that is not listed in his post. Also make sure you pick a track that would suit the car we are racing:tup:

Spa or Motegi would be a good choice for this car..

racingchamp, kendawg gave you two great examples for tracks that would suit the Vette.

Here we go folks. A brand new Season with a new car and new Rules. With the new rules implemented into Snail SPEC Racing this season will bring some good excitement back to some endurance racing. With 2 manditory pit stops and having to change compounds will set up some teams figuring out how they are going to race the race.

So lets get to the opening round at Fuji F for 70 laps of racing..

The field is set with Kendawg on the pole. The cars are looking good for this one

Good clean start to begin the race

Vail gets on the inside of Kendawg coming out of the first turn.

Kendawg fights back on the inside of turn 2. Followed by Zer05ive and AJHG1000

Vail leading Zer05ive and the rest of the field

An excellent view of the snow covered mountains from cmbeal back bumper

Vail, Zer05ive and AJ running up front on the opening lap of this beautiful circuit

Still getting the rust of the steering wheel. Zer05ive runs it deep and wide giving up second place

AJ passes Vail in turn one to start the second lap. These two will have lots of good battles

With the Red car going wide. The Red car makes the pass with the Red car following the Red car past the Red car.

With long straight a ways at fuji it creates alot of drafting. But AJ showes that you better have your braking makers down during the draft or it will cause you some problems.

Wolf trying getting on the inside of AJ to get into the top 3

Kendawg drafting Vail down the long straight a way

AJ breaking late to get on the inside of rossi into turn one.

Kendawg makes the pass on Vail for the lead going into turn one

tcrash moving up, getting in the middle of the red car trio

cmbeal pushing hard to stay infront of tcrash. Smoking the tires in the high HP Vette

Vail making his pit stop changing over to the hard compound tires

At the first caution on lap 24, Kendawg takes the caution followed by Zer05ive and AJ

The field bunches up during the caution. Zer05ive leads the field around

Once racing begins, Vail and AJ start pulling away from the field

Vail leading AJ through the chicane with Zer05ive closing in

AJ tring to get on the inside of Vail coming out of turn one

Vail fights back on the inside of turn 2

Vail has the lead at the second caution on lap 48

tcrash taking 2nd on the second caution passing Zer05ive who runs out of gas at the line

Everyone setting up to make their move toward the finish. Some staying out and some pitting

The field getting bunched up before the restart

AJ get confused, the field blows by as he enters the pits on the restart

rossi, Kendawg and Vail make an inside move in turn one on Wolfsatz and RacingChamp

Wolfsatz holds on to first place while rossi and Kendawg close in

Wolf driving hard to stay in front of the field.

With just 20 laps left, everyone is driving hard for every position

Three wide down the long straight

Wolf misses the braking point and goes off track. Kendawg takes the lead followed by rossi

Kendawg, rossi, Vail, tcrash and cmbeal fighting for every position

Kendawg starts to pull away

tcrash moving up while Vail gets on the inside of rossi

tcrash makes his last pit stop while Kendawg stays out

With a forty second lead will Kendawg have enough tire and fuel to make it to the end?

Rossi making the move on tcrash on the last lap to move into second

cmbeal giving up fourth place to Vail on the last lap

Another last lap pass as Zer05ive passes Wolfsatz on the outside

Kendawg just had enough fuel and tire to get the win to open the season

The current Champion rossi brings it home in second place

tcrash gets on the podium in 3rd

It was a great start to the season and can't wait for the next race. We welcome Zer05ive to the endurance race this weekend and hope others will join in for the next round.

Last edited:
Great pics, ken! Thanks for putting in all the time you did to get those pics up! :cheers:

See, just look at all the battles that were on the track:drool:

If you don't come out next weekend, you'll be missing out:crazy:

Well, with only one small hiccup last night during the 1st caution, I think the new racing rules worked pretty darn good. There was a lot of close battles, passing back and forth and pit strategy worked for some and not others.

After a small:sly: discussion after the race, we're going to change the wording on the rules for everyone to understand going forward. Since the frequent racers in SPEC know what the rules already are, we have to make sure that any potential new racers can understand them clearly.:)

All and all, last nights race, in my opinion, was, so far, the best SPEC race in 11 seasons:tup:. Not one person, out of 10, fell a lap down. As I mentioned earlier, there was some close battles through out the field and it was good to see. I'm excited that everyone had a positive feeling after the race with the new rules.

I also what to thank zer05ive for making SPEC his first official race back, since Feb, to race in:tup:. It was an honor, my friend. For someone not to race, competitively, for all those months, you were freakin' awesome. I'm not saying, by any means, that he is officially back racing but hopefully he is back to race more, soon. I also what to thank him for the idea of the implementing the 2 caution periods during the race. With that idea, it brought back the enduro style racing that it's suppose to be.

Now to the overall winner of last nights race, kendawg. Great win! I don't now how you survived the last few laps of the race with barely any tires left and running on fumes but you we just enough ahead to pull it off. Again, great win!

I will end by saying, S.P.E.C. is an awesome S.N.A.I.L. Racing Series event. The camaraderie that everyone has with each other here is why this event works as well as it does and why it is the longest running S.N.A.I.L. Racing Series event. I urge everyone reading this post to come check it out. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

See everyone on the track next Saturday night!

Here we go folks. A brand new Season with a new car and new Rules. With the new rules implemented into Snail SPEC Racing this season will bring some good excitement back to some endurance racing. With 2 manditory pit stops and having to change compounds will set up some teams figuring out how they are going to race the race.

So lets get to the opening round at Fuji F for 70 laps of racing..

<snip of a bunch of awesome pics>

It was a great start to the season and can't wait for the next race. We welcome Zer05ive to the endurance race this weekend and hope others will join in for the next round.

Thanks tcrash and kendawg for the warm welcome back! :cheers: It was great to race with you guys again! I must say that I really enjoyed the new format and I'm glad you guys seem to be enjoying it as well. As some of kendawg's pictures show, I was in battles throughout the race and it was awesome! Although I had my ups and downs, it was a thoroughly enjoyable race and I'm so glad I was a part of it! :D

However, I do have some bad (if not predictable) news. After mulling it over for two days, I've decided to fire my crew chief! Running out of gas on the track was bad enough, but then having to make an extra pit stop late in the race just to get more fuel was unforgivable. Furthermore, I found out that these fuel miscalculations were caused because he was busy texting instead of paying attention to the race! I had no choice but to give him the boot! :lol:

Last Saturday was awesome! Thank you for coming out again zer0! It's great to have you back with us! Also a big thanks to Kendawg for getting the results and pictures posted!

The standings have been updated on the first post, and the full schedule has been posted as well! See you all at Monza!

cmbeal317

I have been following the ideas around the new format of having pits and it sounds really cool. One thought have you thought of having one of the guys from this group actually being a pace/caution driver for the event? If one is available you could have them do a rolling start for you also. They could randomly choose the time for the cautions which would add a bit more realism in to the race. Just a thought.

Hi Enduro SNAILS...

This looks fun. Considering I am probably going to have a hard time racing on Sunday nights for a little while due to having to be up early Monday mornings for at least the next two Sundays it will give me a chance to get my SNAIL fix in.

I would request a Yellow car with Purple wheels, and the number 24. I am reading about the caution laps and how that works, but I have raced in D4 with cmbeal running the room so I know he is very organized and keeps everyone informed. I'll be there tomorrow night with bells on. (As long as I am welcome mid-season that is):gtpflag:

Thanks

Hi Enduro SNAILS...

This looks fun. Considering I am probably going to have a hard time racing on Sunday nights for a little while due to having to be up early Monday mornings for at least the next two Sundays it will give me a chance to get my SNAIL fix in.

I would request a Yellow car with Purple wheels, and the number 24. I am reading about the caution laps and how that works, but I have raced in D4 with cmbeal running the room so I know he is very organized and keeps everyone informed. I'll be there tomorrow night with bells on. (As long as I am welcome mid-season that is):gtpflag:

Thanks

Welcome jester looking forward to racin with you tomorrow

Welcome Jester :D

Speaking about tomorrow's number of laps:
I've been doing some laps yesterday and got some 1:32's to 1:28's, but I'm clueless about calculating the number of laps because caution laps last about 4-5 minutes and I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly

So let me know if I understand this correctly. You have to race at least one full lap on race hards then you are free to use race softs for the remainder of the race. Seems like you would lose a ton of time by pitting after one lap so it makes sense to race at least one stint on hards and try to time up the cautions so you are on these for the least amount of time.

However, softs will wear quicker so you will need to put more often so the strategy really comes into play. Gotta use your head not just your right foot (or thumb in my case)

Sorry about thinking out loud in this post, but wanted to make sure I have this right.

So let me know if I understand this correctly. You have to race at least one full lap on race hards then you are free to use race softs for the remainder of the race. Seems like you would lose a ton of time by pitting after one lap so it makes sense to race at least one stint on hards and try to time up the cautions so you are on these for the least amount of time.

However, softs will wear quicker so you will need to put more often so the strategy really comes into play. Gotta use your head not just your right foot (or thumb in my case)

Sorry about thinking out loud in this post, but wanted to make sure I have this right.

Yup that's basically right, we used to run boost on so you could just do the one lap and done strategy, but now there's a lot more strategy involved.

HAHAAHA, I just raced home from work because I thought it was Saturday and didn't want to miss it like last week. It's only FRIDAY! lol

I like the new racing format of a caution lap because it isn't just challenging but fun as well and it allows drivers in the back to have a chance of winning the race after caution.

Using Format:
Race length 105 min. with 10 min for caution laps (95 min. race length)

Monza No Chicane
Total Laps........72
1st Caution.......24
2nd Caution......48

Daytona Road Course
Total laps.........67
1st Caution.......22
2nd Caution.......44

Suzuka
Total laps.........60
1st Caution.......20
2nd Caution.......40

Spa
Total laps..........44
1st Caution........15
2ns Caution........30

Beal, you can use this to update the schedule

Using Format:

Monza No Chicane
Total Laps........72
1st Caution.......24
2nd Caution......48

Daytona Road Course
Total laps.........67
1st Caution.......22
2nd Caution.......44

Suzuka
Total laps.........60
1st Caution.......20
2nd Caution.......40

Spa
Total laps..........44
1st Caution........15
2ns Caution........30

You, my friend, are freakin' awesome for putting the laps together:)👍

So we can pit at laps 22 and 25 & 46 and 49 right?

Lap 23 - Pits will be closed
- Must take caution on lap 24 (start of lap 24)
- - Pit anytime after you take caution (lap 24)

So, the answer to you question is YES..👍

:tup:Thanks Kendawg for the awesome pictures and for getting the laps posted! Looks like we my have a full grid tonight!
See you all tonight!:cheers:

Hi Enduro SNAILS...

Thanks

Glad to have you joining us JESter! I'll add you to the driver list shortly, do you need a FR for D2?

Also you've got the tire strategy down perfectly, and with the new rules this season, tire strategy has become very important!

I don't know if I'll make it tonight, but rest assured everything should run just as smoothly as it does when I'm around.

Using Format:

Monza No Chicane
Total Laps........72
1st Caution.......24
2nd Caution......48

Daytona Road Course
Total laps.........67
1st Caution.......22
2nd Caution.......44

Suzuka
Total laps.........60
1st Caution.......20
2nd Caution.......40

Spa
Total laps..........44
1st Caution........15
2ns Caution........30

Awesome! I've got the schedule updated to reflect this. Thank you so much Kendawg!

cmbeal317

Hi Beal

I have D2 so I am good.

Drove a little today on RS tires only got me about 20 laps and the last few I was dropping whole seconds off my time. Is this about normal or is my driving wearing these tire much quicker than it should be?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

*Prize Alert*

Win A Copy Of
GT6_CTC.jpg

-Here's How It Works-
We are going to combine the points for Season 12 and Season 13. The person who has the most points at the end of Season 13, will win a copy of GT6.
The points for Season 12 will be carried over to Season 13. The points will not be reset after Season 12, like usual, so everyone will know where they stand and can follow the standings that are posted on the first post of the thread.

The winner will have two options to receive their prize.
1 - Shipped to the winner from Amazon and get a 1 Million Credit Bonus and 4 bonus cars
2 - Either shipped or store pick up at the winners local GameStop and receive 20 Bonus Cars.
Either way, the order will be placed via a GTPlanet link to support this awesome site!

We here at SPEC wish everyone good luck and clean racin'.

S.P.E.C. Is Open For EVERYONE! Tell Your Friends!

Last edited:
Hi Beal

I have D2 so I am good.

Drove a little today on RS tires only got me about 20 laps and the last few I was dropping whole seconds off my time. Is this about normal or is my driving wearing these tire much quicker than it should be?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

That is normal. That is what you have to figure out. If you wait to late to pit, then when you do pit and get back on the track you will be further behind the guys that pit earlier.

I'd be in to this if I can have access to the D2 lounge please.
Thanks

Actually, scrap that. Just did the time conversion, I need to go out when this is on.
If I can have access to the lounge I may be able to make it in the future though.

toerider
I'd be in to this if I can have access to the D2 lounge please.
Thanks

Actually, scrap that. Just did the time conversion, I need to go out when this is on.
If I can have access to the lounge I may be able to make it in the future though.

I'm not home right now, but I'll send you a FR. Feel free to join us whenever you can, we're always glad to have more people racing with us.

Just to let everyone else know, I'm very doubtful I'll be home in time, but I'll probably pop in and see how everything is going. Good luck to everyone!

cmbeal317

Back