◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,633 comments
I hate that damned Lotus with a passion.

EDIT: All in all, I had what I would call my first actually good night, other than the Lotus and going off in the early stages of the very last race, I had very good results.

Last edited:
Clear your cache in game, reset your router, or something.

I have been lately maintaining the PS3 well...and always clean the cache and change the oil before racing.....it is a ritual.

Just didn't show up through the friends check box.....

D6 Done.

Votes recorded, finishing spots done (thanks, Exo! GLAD to have ya back, man!)

D6 started with 12, and we finished with 12. One driver exited to clear up his connection after Combo 2, and he returned. 11 of 12 drivers had a (preliminary) podium finish by the end of the night! Overall, it's clear that the Team: SNAIL placement gurus are working the numbers to keep it all close.

Every combo had a unique risk and reward - but I really appreciated hearing the comments about those giving a position back, even when there was no contact - a pass that the driver knew was more a dive/cut-off than clean, and the position shouldn't be retained, we recognized the need to keep it as clean as possible.

Sure, we were not perfect, but it was definitely a clear nod to good sportsmanship. Several of us went off track in some combos (myself, rather painfully, in both races of the last combo), but track re-entry looked pretty respectable from my back-to-mid-pack position.

D3 was full of connection issues tonight. A few people could only see 9 out of 10 on track for a number of races.
We had a few members quit because of delays while we waited for people to try to fix their networks issues.

Honestly worst night I've seen for network issues. :(

However we did manage to wrap up before midnight EST.

Love the car @qwietstorm!!!

I really really have a soft spot for third gens.

Owned a 91 Z my senior year of HS. While it was basically stock and not even remotely as quick as what I've owned or own. I would take that car back in an instance.

Had 11k on the clock when I parted with it.

Red with the 25th anniversary stripes painted on. Car was literally perfect condition. Always garage kept and I waxed it every other weekend.

I will own another 91/92 Z someday.

@dgaf95integra While I have loads of respect for what your doing. I detest Honda's and FWD. Sorry no love for the car but much for you and what your doing my man.

Honestly what would you expect from a person that had a "mullet" in HS. Not the trashy kind. Just longer in the back. LoL grew up at the dirt track, so if it can't the rear out I just don't like it. It's part of my core. I swore I'd never own FWD. Which in like 30+ cars. Only two were. My first and a beater when I owned a crotch rocket. Outside that everything had a drive shaft powering the rear wheels. Yea now a days. I have front and rear powered on both my rides. But still can get them sideways with rear hanging out. LoL
Owens here's my dad's 92 RS 25th Anniversary edition. Just picked it up. 48k on the odometer.
The other is his first gen 68.

Attachments

• IMG_102061126212534.jpeg
    IMG_102061126212534.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_102123855857309.jpeg
    IMG_102123855857309.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 11
Here in MD I think they require a cage once you run 11.50s or faster.

Yep if I went 11.49 but I went 11.59 and the tech guy goes ill
Be watching ur next pass I would have to stop for the day cause no cage
But I couldn't go any faster cause rear break pads were gone so couldn't
Stage/preload the car with out geting dragged threw the beams
Cage is in the works I just want to nail high 10s on pump gas then
get kicked out and come back with cage / race gas and go for 9s later this yr

Last edited:
Yeah I have to prove to my buddy's that I can't hit 10s on pump gas I'm making 397hp/320tq @ 14lbs boost
And on race gas 542hp/403tq @ 22lbs boost I'll post my dyno graph in a min

D8 is finished. Overall not a bad night. The only real connection issue was me. Me ps3 decided to freeze up. Then I couldn't see the room anymore. The rest of he guys in the division were nice enough to let me start a new room. From there things finished well. I think I will try hosting d8 in a public room next week, just to see if things go better.

Wow, clean racing, great racing in division 7 tonight. I disconnected from lobby during the first race at Silverstone with the Volkswagen golf. For the 2nd stint at Silverstone i finished 2nd. Finished 3rd for both my 1st and 2nd stint at Fuji Speedway GT with the Lotus Elise race car 96. I got a pole by more than 1 second for my first race at Nurburgring GP/F and finished 1st by more than 4 seconds. Finished 6th for my 2nd stint with the Nissan Skyline GTR R32 Touring car. .

I hate that damned Lotus with a passion.

EDIT: All in all, I had what I would call my first actually good night, other than the Lotus and going off in the early stages of the very last race, I had very good results.

I kinda like it on the fast corners at Fuji Speedway. Lift off, turn in, clip the apex and gradually accelerate. Don't get me wrong. It's scary sometime when I think it's gonna spin. It's all about balancing the throttle and feeling the grip. This car taught me something new tonight.

I started to finally figure that out, but it was a very fine line that is hard to cross extremely easy.

I prefer a bit of understeer, but not as much as the R32 Skyline has.

Not a fan of the GTR at all, but then again, it would have helped if I knew...

1) I was supposed to shift early
2) I was supposed to set the brakes to 5/10
3) I was supposed to blow up the transmission downshifting on every turn to get the car to rotate.

Actually, I'm not really a fan of 3 combos that require modifications to the brake balance to be quick...at least not in a spec racing series.

I stumbled upon your snail session just now online, and I am very Interested, and very serious about my interest. May I have a go at a time trial?
@LoganMichael,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Back