â—† SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,631 comments
I should be able to make it this week and next few. After that it's uncertain.

Sounds good dsgerbc, guess I misunderstood your post.

You'll be starting in D3, I'll move you up.

Let us know, by posting here, when you can't make it on a specific Sunday đź‘Ť

Lol. Always a favorite! Not sure if we are still doing that Thursdays. I believe Thursday is a shuffle race day now

So. Remember that little touge experiment I put on when I first started Monday Mayhem. Well, I've Been thinking of revisiting the touge challange again. This would be a tuning open, pp based event. I know some us snails are good at tuning, and I for one am itching for a little tuning showdown. I'm not sure I'm going to make it a regular event, or not, but I am curious to see how many people are interested. It will run very much like another league whos post count we are quickly catching up too. One on one battles on either a custom course or the Nurburgring.
If there is enough interest then I will follow up with a day, time and an official rules post.
By the way, next Monday, full on rally day! Same games, just a little more dirty!

i down for that. sorry couldn't join today, long day at work. gotta go back in 2 hours also. might be a little late for dirty thursday

Cat and Mouse on mondays seems to have a better following. Shuffle worked so well last week that I would love to do that again today. We put it in the public lobby and ended up with quite the crowd.

What Ap said.

We're trying to make the theme of each of the nights distinct. Seemed to be too much overlap between Monday and Thursday, with respect to Cat & Mouse/Roller Derby.

Wish I could join tonight, the anticipation of which car you'll be getting is fun.

CLIO CUP spec clean race room open
room# 1472-6118-4259-7711-9398
in OCD now!
closed

Last edited:
Cat and Mouse on mondays seems to have a better following. Shuffle worked so well last week that I would love to do that again today. We put it in the public lobby and ended up with quite the crowd.

What Ap said.

We're trying to make the theme of each of the nights distinct. Seemed to be too much overlap between Monday and Thursday, with respect to Cat & Mouse/Roller Derby.

Personally, I think Monday seems to be a more appropriate night for dirty racing and Cat & Mouse. It serves as a "cool down period" after the intensity of Sunday's official races. However, I'd like dude to confirm that he's okay with giving up his Dirty Thursday. He didn't seem all that tied to it in his earlier post on the matter, but I just want to be sure.

As cheeb said, I also like the idea of each night having a distinct style of racing. Here's how if would look if we made the switch:

Sunday: Official League Night
Monday: Cat & Mouse (which has become Team Cat & Mouse)
Tuesday: Parity Racing
Wednesday: Unofficial Races aka Practice
Thursday: Team Cat & Mouse Shuffle Racing
Friday: Mini-Endurance Races with low boost
Saturday: Full Endurance Races (no boost)

Also, until I hear otherwise, I have to assume diabolic is still on hiatus. If that's the case, we'll need a new host for what was formerly known as Diabolic Friday. That being said, I'd like to hear some ideas on what kind of racing you guys would like to see on Fridays. Or would you all like to keep the mini enduros with low boost?

Last edited:
Also, until I hear otherwise, I have to assume diabolic is still on hiatus. If that's the case, we'll need a new host for what was formerly known as Diabolic Friday. That being said, I'd like to hear some ideas on what kind of racing you guys would like to see on Fridays. Or would you all like to keep the mini enduros with low boost?

I'll volunteer for Friday hosting duties.

Okay, cool. What format do you have in mind? Do you want to stick with the mini-enduros with low boost or did you have something else in mind?

For now. I'm still pretty attached to my hour and a half races with the newest combo.

dudeondacouch
Doesn't bother me any. I think shuffle racing is great, and one of the few things PD implemented well.

I must admit I don't REALLY know what this is, either.

Sometimes, my ignorance knows few bounds...

I must admit I don't REALLY know what this is, either.

Sometimes, my ignorance knows few bounds...

Only way to find out is to try it tonight! One of the cool things about shuffle racing is that all of the cars are provided for you. Nothing to buy or break-in. I believe Ap will be hosting tonight's festivities and will post the Open Lobby room number here on this thread at the usual time (10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific).

Ap, can you please confirm?

For now. I'm still pretty attached to my hour and a half races with the newest combo.

I must admit that I like the balance that would provide:

Sunday: clean racing using cars from the line-up
Monday: dirty racing
Tuesday: clean racing using non-league cars
Wednesday: clean racing using cars from the line-up
Thursday: clean racing using non-league cars
Friday: clean racing using cars from the line-up
Saturday: clean racing using non-league cars

Ap, can you please confirm?

I can't confirm.

It's a rare day that I can commit to logging on at/by 9:00 Central. I jump in as soon as I can but I've only officially roped off that time slot from my wife on Sundays. My game time on the other days are based upon what she's got going on and/or when she hits the proverbial sack.

I can't confirm.

It's a rare day that I can commit to logging on at/by 9:00 Central. I jump in as soon as I can but I've only officially roped off that time slot from my wife on Sundays. My game time on the other days are based upon what she's got going on and/or when she hits the proverbial sack.

Okay, understood.

Is there anyone who wants to volunteer for Thursday hosting duties? The ideal candidate would:
  1. be able to race regularly on Thursdays starting at 10pm Eastern / 7pm Central
  2. have a decent connection speed (www.speedtest.net)
  3. not already be a host for another S.N.A.I.L. event
Not all three requirements have to be met, but the more the better. ;)

Tutoring is Good to go this week.

SNAILTutoring-Driver.jpg

The races last night proved 2 things;

* The racing is going to be Extremely Competitive
* Every Point is going to be Important!

If you are in Div 2 or 3, you may want to stop by for some tips.

See you there!

Same S.N.A.I.L. Time! (10pm Eastern)
Same S.N.A.I.L. Channel! (Div 1 Lounge)

Tutoring is now Closed

Last edited:
What if we ran shuffle on the three courses we run during Sunday tonight? Then start switching it up once we run through them. I can host tonight, not sure how many I can run, but I can at least host.

So........it's just a fancy way of saying 'hillclimb' going by that definition :lol:

Except that it isn't always uphill. There can be separate up- and downhill races.

The big differences, to my mind, are:
  • it is not a circuit, so there are no laps, and everyone has to reset after each run;
  • the course is usually narrow, being just a road course, with no designated run offs;
  • it is usually just two at a time;
  • with a time trial set up, one is racing one's self, and there is no need for defensive lines, with cat/mouse setups, you don't necessarily have to be the fastest, if you are in front, you want to pull away, but you can simply be defensive, if you are in the back, if you can keep up, you spend your time on a constricted course looking for a pass, in either of these, you are using slightly different strategies than circuit racing;
  • there are no pits.

I would like to join this league. I'm about to go buy the required cars, although I may not be able to race this Sunday. Are they going to be the same cars next week? I'm looking for somewhere to race tonight, though. Also, there is no tuning allowed whatsoever? Not even brake balance? Sorry if I missed that part

What if we ran shuffle on the three courses we run during Sunday tonight? Then start switching it up once we run through them. I can host tonight, not sure how many I can run, but I can at least host.

Okay, thanks Rally! Please name the room GTP Clean Shuffle like we did last week. I like your idea of running the three Sunday tracks as well. I won't be able to race tonight, but hopefully a fellow snail will be next in line to host the room if you have to leave early. Please post the room number here when it's up.

Btw. Here is hoe my shuffle works. I do two, normally 5 lap races. One low pp, one high, then move to either the next track, or start the vote. And I will leave tcs and asm on.

I would like to join this league. I'm about to go buy the required cars, although I may not be able to race this Sunday. Are they going to be the same cars next week? I'm looking for somewhere to race tonight, though. Also, there is no tuning allowed whatsoever? Not even brake balance? Sorry if I missed that part

hey tcoffin, I'll post our welcome post to you in a bit. just playing some rockband right now :)

Back