◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
In the past there was fantastic drivers in F1 but for me, the racer that ever shown more skill, irreverence, and pulled out authentic shows was Keke Rosberg. I will never forget that gran Prix (although I don't remember what year or track):P that with two laps to go, Rosberg was leading with a very comfortable gap so he decides to drift on every corner for those two laps in that mythical white "Tag" Williams car. I remember the commentators going crazy calling him insane and irresponsible and the footage from his pit shows half the team very apprehensive and the other half just laughing they're arses off. He knew the race was won so he decided to pull out a smoking show to his fans...
Unforgettable.

These are my reference points as far as the exit from the esses is concerned. 1) I look at my final apex speed, 2) the average speed between the apex and the exit curb, 3) the speed I am at when I hit full throttle and 4) the position where I can get on full throttle

The first 2 gives you how well your track out is and the latter 2 tells you how well you will do on the short straight to the last corner.

For me, the last corner is really all about throttle control. I make tiny throttle adjustments combined with fine steering adjustments to balance the car from turn-in to halfway to the apex or even to the apex, depending how well I did it. averaging a mid 98 mph at the end of the exit curb, a good one might get me up to high 98 or 99.

In contrast though, Dholland breathes the throttle at 95-97% at turn in and then stays full throttle all the way and ends with a high 99 to 100mph at the end of the exit curb.

Working on the tight hairpin right now, trying to swing the rear to get a 4 wheel drift, that's probably worth at least 3 tenths combining shaving time on entry and exit. If anyone here is able to do it, I'd like to know how lol.

I actually gain a touch of time on everyone in the long sweeper before long back straight (I do a wider entry and carry a bit more speed through the entire straight) but your exactly right, I lose time in the hairpin as I watch the ghost car drift into the corner and setup the car perfect...as I am understeering into the corner....

Last edited:
Working on the tight hairpin right now, trying to swing the rear to get a 4 wheel drift, that's probably worth at least 3 tenths combining shaving time on entry and exit. If anyone here is able to do it, I'd like to know how lol. I can only at the most initiate the slide slightly but it quickly regains traction and I'm then left with 90 degree steering lock in order to make the apex.
I know that some of the fast guys are using the handbrake:)

edit - not implying you are not fast;)

I actually gain a touch of time on everyone in the long sweeper before long back straight (I do a wider entry and carry a bit more speed through the entire straight) but your exactly right, I lose time in the hairpin as I watch the ghost car drift into the corner and setup the car perfect...as I am understeering into the corner....

As far as the sweeper before the tight hairpin, I just figured out a pretty cool and clean way to do it. Didn't lose any time, I think if done well it should be faster than DHolland. Take a traditional early entry and stay on the gas for the first quarter of the sweeper, halfway towards the inside curb, I get off the gas and touch the brakes enough to transfer weight so you can control the yaw as you approach the curb, if done well, I was able to hug the inside curb all the way from there at 87mph and have the same exit as everyone.

The benefit of this corner entry is you are not scrubbing your outside front tire on initial entry to prevent the tire gauge from turning yellow orangy from turning the wheel too much. My steering wheel in real life was at somewhere between 45 and 70 degrees until I meet the apex. and hence able to carry more speed as you hug the apex and use up that grip you saved on entry.

That and it feels better not hearing the tire screaming all around the corner and also feel better about yourself lol.

Question for the guys who are doing well in round two for the GT academy...in the last set of corners the S curve thing. Are you taking that in 2nd or 3rd? Tried both and neither seem to be making a difference. Exit speed is about 66-67 MPH but i think it needs to be 2-3 MPH faster in order to not lose time.

I keep losing about 2 tenths on that corner alone, currently 15th in the US 217th overall which is pretty good....trying to crack the top ten for the US though.

Also any advice on the tight corner in Sector two after the long straight, can't get the rear end out in the corner like i see the leaders doing.

any ideas?
I heard/seen the same as joby, some top racers are using handbrake

Last edited:
I'm brazillian and had the pleasure to see Senna racing in Interlagos when I was a kid.

I think Senna was the best at his time, but is hard to say he was the best that ever was.

Every now and then I see something about Gilles and how amazing he was in a racetrack too

I wish that was more to see and read from Gilles.
After the SEA war was over I got leave and came back to see some racing, I took my brother in law up to Trois Rivieres in Quebec, where one of the support races was the very important Formula Atlantic series for 1.6 L formula cars. Because the organizers had undeniable European ties they invited current hot shoes from F1 (mostly French) to spice up the crowd appeal... established F1 drivers vs the NEW BOYS. There was a horrible green March 75B driven with what they would call VERVE. I checked my program and it was a certain G. Villeneuve sponsored by Skiroulle. When they started there were many interesting drivers, Bobby Rahal, EFR, Vittorio Brambilla (the Monza Gorilla) Jean Pierre Jarrier (Jumper), Patrick Depallier, Bertil Roos, but it was Giles who stole the show. Yes he fell off ....but he ticked the box...LED F1 Drivers!!.

I had a new hero...

Saw his debut in a year old Mclaren at Silverstone In 77 in M23 chassis #8/2 in which James Hunt won five races on his way to the Famous 1976 World Championship. He finished 11th but won the heart of the very biased English crowd. Later that year he showed up at Ferrari.

Salut Giles !!

Race data from: oldracingcars.com. A great source of OLD races, series, and cars.

After the SEA war was over I got leave and came back to see some racing, I took my brother in law up to Trois Rivieres in Quebec, where one of the support races was the very important Formula Atlantic series for 1.6 L formula cars. Because the organizers had undeniable European ties they invited current hot shoes from F1 (mostly French) to spice up the crowd appeal... established F1 drivers vs the NEW BOYS. There was a horrible green March 75B driven with what they would call VERVE. I checked my program and it was a certain G. Villeneuve sponsored by Skiroulle. When they started there were many interesting drivers, Bobby Rahal, EFR, Vittorio Brambilla (the Monza Gorilla) Jean Pierre Jarrier (Jumper), Patrick Depallier, Bertil Roos, but it was Giles who stole the show. Yes he fell off ....but he ticked the box...LED F1 Drivers!!.

I had a new hero...

Saw his debut in a year old Mclaren at Silverstone In 77 in M23 chassis #8/2 in which James Hunt won five races on his way to the Famous 1976 World Championship. He finished 11th but won the heart of the very biased English crowd. Later that year he showed up at Ferrari.

Salut Giles !!

Race data from: oldracingcars.com. A great source of OLD races, series, and cars.

That's great! Thanks for sharing @Nail-27!

I'm starting to like Gilles' story more and more.

Hello all,
Have been watching the forums and met a few folks on line these past few weeks. If you'll have another member, I'd like to run the qualifier and join all of you.

Thanks for your consideration!
Spiff
@spaceman spiff,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Hello all,
Have been watching the forums and met a few folks on line these past few weeks. If you'll have another member, I'd like to run the qualifier and join all of you.

Thanks for your consideration!
Spiff
I see you are in California. Are you wanting to race in the normal time slot (6:30 Pacific) or the West Coast division that starts at 9:00 Pacific time? You are of course welcome in either.

While I won't likely change my color combo any time soon, there are a handful of cars that I have a REALLY hard time slinging that mess on. The exact opposite of lipstick on a pig. The C7 is one of those cars...

Funny, I search" friends rooms" and I get nothing , but looking through the main list I can see and enter tex' room ..(tex is on my friends list)
Edit- same with mirados room both are on my friends list , both don't show up when I check the friends box , but I can find them in the main list
:confused::banghead:

Last edited:

THE PRACTICE ROOMS ARE OFFICIALLY OPEN !
If you are assigned to D1, D2, D3, or D4 please join, with your best racecraft, the BLUE ROOM:
1472 4710 9952 5901 0458

If you are assigned to D5, D6, D7, or D8 please join, with your best racecraft, the RED ROOM:
1472 6681 3243 9095 2396

Additionally, if you want to focus in your Race craft instead of speed, the Yellow Room will be following the same format with the addition of Competition Yellows at least once during the race depending on the number of laps. Room is focused to run in a pack and improve Race Craft.

YELLOW ROOM:
1472-4711-0167-3384-1358

Sunday May 11th Lineup
Sunday May 4th UnOfficial Results

Photo by @Michelin

mini_c11.jpg

Photo by @Wolfsatz
fjvKZah.jpg

Photo by @Michelin
chevro12.jpg

Last edited:
I see you are in California. Are you wanting to race in the normal time slot (6:30 Pacific) or the West Coast division that starts at 9:00 Pacific time? You are of course welcome in either.
Thanks for asking.
Sunday at 09:00 will likely work the best. Although there are times when I could make the earlier division. Is it one division or the other? I'll review the first post.

I noticed the wheels on the Corvette and Mini Cooper are painted. Can we change the stock wheels so we can paint them? You can't paint most stock wheels.

Latest Posts

Back