◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,532 comments
Yellow room drivers from last night - did you see my car (bright blue metallic) lagging in the first 2 races? Was it just me or was it everyone. From my point of view a lot of people were lagging at the same time, which makes me think it could have been just me that was lagging. Hopefully not an indicator of things to come... I think that if anything perhaps my particular connection did not play nicely with someone else's connection... didn't we have a non-SNAIL in there from Portugal or something?
I only saw one person lag and it was only a minor isolated incident. I don't recall who it was but I'm pretty sure it wasn't you; it was the person pirate said was lagging in chat who then left, cleared their cache, and returned without incident (to my knowledge).

I did race close to you a few times in those two races and you seemed fine to me (please note you were mostly way ahead of me; we weren't close very often). I recall you mentioning you were packing it up due to the lag which surprised me, as it hadn't been showing for me. I agree with the person who in recent history posted that they believed lag issues grow the closer one gets to the lagging participant and also mentioned the vagaries of the "snowflake" nature of GT6 connectivity (you to me could be fine and turnup to me could be fine but turnup to you could be fatal); might it have something to do with your connection to the folks immediately around you on the track at the time?

Piru frequently races with my most active non-SNAIL racing friends and I've never experienced any issues with him there, nor did I see anything going on with him last night. But given we're all snowflakes you two could have connectivity beef.

@intoflatlines It was more than likely my connection that lag punted you. I know I didn't "hit" you as I wasn't close enough, nor did I feel the hit but our connections just didn't mesh at that very moment. Sorry about that but I've been having the worst luck with lag the last few weeks. :banghead:

"pretty well" ?!?!? Almost 2 seconds clear in quali!! :scared::boggled: Job well done 👍
Maybe it was your connection but the other cars that were near you were also lagging all over the place for me, in sync with you. Which kinda made me think it had to do with my connection only. IDK, we've raced a bunch of times without issue. I'll just have to see how things go moving forward. And yeah... @turnupdaheat qualified what, 2 seconds in front of P2... insane!
I only saw one person lag and it was only a minor isolated incident. I don't recall who it was but I'm pretty sure it wasn't you; it was the person pirate said was lagging in chat who then left, cleared their cache, and returned without incident (to my knowledge).

I did race close to you a few times in those two races and you seemed fine to me (please note you were mostly way ahead of me; we weren't close very often). I recall you mentioning you were packing it up due to the lag which surprised me, as it hadn't been showing for me. I agree with the person who in recent history posted that they believed lag issues grow the closer one gets to the lagging participant and also mentioned the vagaries of the "snowflake" nature of GT6 connectivity (you to me could be fine and turnup to me could be fine but turnup to you could be fatal); might it have something to do with your connection to the folks immediately around you on the track at the time?

Piru frequently races with my most active non-SNAIL racing friends and I've never experienced any issues with him there, nor did I see anything going on with him last night. But given we're all snowflakes you two could have connectivity beef.
Hmm. Oh well, can't really do much about it, I was just curious.

I agree that connection issues tend to get worse as two cars get closer together- probably something to do with the way the game calculates your position - it only has to make those calculations quickly if there's some risk of contact, so I could see them lowering that rate when cars are farther apart, which could allow the car to jump around less.

I saw a particularly weird instance of this - I was tailing a guy who had been lagging pretty bad. At the end of the last lap of the race, I apparently managed to take the last turn better than him. I was gaining on him on the straight and was about to move over to pass him when he teleported forward 20ft and won the race! He was probably winning all along but shame on the game for giving me such a false hope.

Is there a way to see my ranking in GT Academy, only for my country? I found it just for the top 250.

I think i am on top 10(Brazil), not a big deal but i wanted to know my position.

edit -Top 10 for the flags i could see, but since a lot of brazilians use american accounts, i should be far away from that.

Last edited:
Is there a way to see my ranking in GT Academy, only for my country? I found it just for the top 250.

I think i am on top 10(Brazil), not a big deal but i wanted to know my position.
They apparently do not have the results broken down by country at the moment. Everyone who's giving their standing within their country is literally counting the flags in the list. PD will sort by country for the finals though, I'm sure.

To all Racers in the West Coast Division.

This is an urgent call to action!

If we are going to be able to continue running the West Coast Division we need the following roles filled. Each is vital to the running of the Division and also to the overall running of the League. So I would personally like each and everyone that is a part of the West Coast Division to step up and help keep this great thing we call SNAIL going.

WC Director - @jobyone (Steward)
WC Assistant Director - @GranStand Bill

WC Host Primary - Vacant / @jobyone (Steward) when racing
WC Host Backup - Vacant / Vacant

WC Score Keeper Primary - @Neovre (Steward) / Vacant
WC Score Keeper Backup - Vacant / Vacant

WC Video Uploader Primary - @tezgm99 (Steward) / Vacant
WC Video Uploader Backup - Vacant / Vacant

WC Data Entry Primary - @Ryan F ? / Vacant
WC Data Entry Backup - Vacant / Vacant

Ideally I would like 2 primary and 2 secondary volunteers. But the priority should be on getting one primary and then getting backups.

The following role is desired but not needed but is very appreciated

WC Photographers

This is the list of people that have raced in the last few weeks and our newest members yet to race. You do not have to be a long time SNAIL to help out so if you think you may be able to help out please do so.

@Jose Torres
@gmraces
@RinnFah
@Smarly 1time
@Travisorus - Has mentioned hosting but I would like confirmation you are still willing.
@jpe138083
@Col_Mustard
@Ryan F
@RealDeal
@RodeRuner1967
@SpacemanSpif

Again I can not stress again how vital it is to get these roles filled if we are going to run the West Coast Division smoothly and in a way that creates a fun environment for us all to race in.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Joby

Last edited:

If we are going to be able to continue running the West Coast Division we need the following roles filled. Each is vital to the running of the Division and also to the overall running of the League. So I would personally like each and everyone that is a part of the West Coast Division to step up and help keep this great thing we call SNAIL going.

WC Data Entry Primary - Vacant / Vacant

Ideally I would like 2 primary and 2 secondary volunteers. But the priority should be on getting one primary and then getting backups.

WC Photographers

This is the list of people that have raced in the last few weeks and our newest members yet to race. You do not have to be a long time SNAIL to help out so if you think you may be able to help out please do so.

@Jose Torres
@gmraces
@RinnFah
@Smarly 1time
@Travisorus - Has mentioned hosting but I would like confirmation you are still willing.
@jpe138083
@Col_Mustard
@Ryan F
@RealDeal
@RodeRuner1967
@SpacemanSpif

Again I can not stress again how vital it is to get these roles filled if we are going to run the West Coast Division smoothly and in a way that creates a fun environment for us all to race in.

Joby

Might not be racing here this weekend, invited to do a kart enduro on Sunday night. Depends on what my doctor says of my injured wrist in an hour. If it's not fit I'll be here if it is I'll be karting.

Might not be racing here this weekend, invited to do a kart enduro on Sunday night. Depends on what my doctor says of my injured wrist in an hour. If it's not fit I'll be here if it is I'll be karting.
I hope it is nothing serious with your wrist. Lousy timing with GT Academy and all.

I will also not be racing this Sunday:(

They apparently do not have the results broken down by country at the moment. Everyone who's giving their standing within their country is literally counting the flags in the list. PD will sort by country for the finals though, I'm sure.

Thanks!

Well, don't mind that, since there is a lot of people that don't use their country account.

But i wish i could search by Steering type: directional buttons :D

Would like to join the league. Will watch for the response.
@oneloadedbanana,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

GT Academy confirmed that they will have a sort by country feature/function for the final round as I asked them on their Official FB Page. 👍

WC Data Entry Primary - Vacant / Vacant

WC Photographers

@Jose Torres
@gmraces
@RinnFah
@Smarly 1time
@jpe138083
@Col_Mustard
@Ryan F
@RealDeal
@RodeRuner1967
@SpacemanSpif

Joby

Fit me in wherever you like. I'll do anything. If it's complicated, like data entry or whatever maybe we can Skype sometime and you can break bit all down for me. I'm traveling this weekend so I might not be able to help out for Sunday's action but I will be back in time to make the races. I've only had one practice session so I'll be slow come Sunday. I'll do what I can though just let me know.

I hope it is nothing serious with your wrist. Lousy timing with GT Academy and all.

I will also not be racing this Sunday:(

So it seems like my wrist is pretty ****-ed even though there's only discomfort left and no pain left, will need a surgery for a full recovery, one of those ligaments and cartilage problems. fml. But at least now that I know what's going on with it, I found a way to stop it from popping out as easily. ( I wrapped my wrist with duct tape so the tendon couldn't pop out on to the carpal bone. Duct tape fixes everything right?)

Therefore I will be racing here Sunday night. I do hope it gets well enough that it doesn't hinder my GT Academy progress.

I will be back home tomorrow night and do the UL / DL / Ping testing and see what's going on. I thoroughly enjoy my virtual racing and if I compete, I want it to be fair and square. It is really frustrating to hear that others had to "hold back" because of my lagging problems. I will investigate if I need to upgrade, but I think I am on a 8UL / 2DL connection. It was still snowing last weekend where we live, so maybe the interweb lines were a bit frozen....

3491430736.png

I am afraid my connection is way worse than I thought and it looks like I am causing the grief. The Ping is not too bad for 2500 miles. I phoned my ISP and they told me I still have the OLD internet.... I ordered a new modem to upgrade to 50DL / 5 UL.:nervous::nervous: but it won't be available before Sunday. Maybe by next Sunday if I'm lucky. Yes, I am way far north. I will join the room on Sunday and if we have the same 👎 issues I will just do qualifying and park for the races

3491430736.png

I am afraid my connection is way worse than I thought and it looks like I am causing the grief. The Ping is not too bad for 2500 miles. I phoned my ISP and they told me I still have the OLD internet.... I ordered a new modem to upgrade to 50DL / 5 UL.:nervous::nervous: but it won't be available before Sunday. Maybe by next Sunday if I'm lucky. Yes, I am way far north. I will join the room on Sunday and if we have the same 👎 issues I will just do qualifying and park for the races

Hell I use the 4G on my phone lol it does excellent most of the time

So it seems like my wrist is pretty ****-ed even though there's only discomfort left and no pain left, will need a surgery for a full recovery, one of those ligaments and cartilage problems. fml. But at least now that I know what's going on with it, I found a way to stop it from popping out as easily. ( I wrapped my wrist with duct tape so the tendon couldn't pop out on to the carpal bone. Duct tape fixes everything right?)

Therefore I will be racing here Sunday night. I do hope it gets well enough that it doesn't hinder my GT Academy progress.

Dang sorry to hear the bad news needing surgery sucks I've had to have a few
Operations for broken bones back when I used to skate with a lot of pros back
In 2000. If you need surgery and going to have it done soon the healing time
Will conflict with gt academy, if you don't get surgery your then running the risk
Of it not healing right either way it sounds like the worst timing I personal haven't
Done any extreme activity lately just for the simple fact I could jeopardize my
Chances of making it to gt academy, hopefully the duct tap will get the job done:tup:

That really sucks. How long would the healing period be?

Fit me in wherever you like. I'll do anything. If it's complicated, like data entry or whatever maybe we can Skype sometime and you can break bit all down for me. I'm traveling this weekend so I might not be able to help out for Sunday's action but I will be back in time to make the races. I've only had one practice session so I'll be slow come Sunday. I'll do what I can though just let me know.
Data entry is pretty easy and can be done after the races. It is just inputing things like fast laps and total times for each race. It takes maybe an 30-60 minutes a week so is a bit time intensive but can be done in the days after the event. If you are willing I will put you down for that.

Back