Round 3 : @msgt-sd 1:54.195

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @msgt-sd 2:06.727
Round 1 Race 2 : @msgt-sd 2:08.104

Round 2 Race 1 : @msgt-sd 1:18.221
Round 2 Race 2 : @msgt-sd 1:18.544

Round 3 Race 1 : @msgt-sd 1:53.749
Round 3 Race 2 : @msgt-sd 1:54.054

Can everyone say.... MSGT-SD! Holy crap what a dominating night! Thanks for making the data post easy to enter.. :D

Congrats to @msgt-sd for taking a convincing win for the night! 👍

Full data set can be found here.

D2 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 5/3/14

View attachment 154299
Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @msgt-sd 2:07.240
Round 2 : @msgt-sd 1:18.271
Round 3 : @msgt-sd 1:54.195

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @msgt-sd 2:06.727
Round 1 Race 2 : @msgt-sd 2:08.104

Round 2 Race 1 : @msgt-sd 1:18.221
Round 2 Race 2 : @msgt-sd 1:18.544

Round 3 Race 1 : @msgt-sd 1:53.749
Round 3 Race 2 : @msgt-sd 1:54.054

Can everyone say.... MSGT-SD! Holy crap what a dominating night! Thanks for making the data post easy to enter.. :D

Congrats to @msgt-sd for taking a convincing win for the night! 👍

Full data set can be found here.

Wow! There are no slouches in D2 so to dominate like that is highly impressive.

@rob1nh000d on settling a car. Hopefully this simile helps.

Imagine your car as at least 2 tectonic plates. When you brake you start to tilt one of those plates from back to front. When you accelerate you tilt it the opposite direction. When you turn the wheel right, your tilting the second plate so it's lower on the left and higher on the right. Tilting one plate isn't much of an earthquake. Tilting them both becomes a 4 on the Richter scale. The more dramatically you brake or turn, the higher scale the earthquake you create. Keep those earthquakes to a level so you aren't sending the western sea board into the Pacific ocean. We wouldn't want the magic earthquake kingdom, aka So Cal migrating to Hawaii would we? If that happened Denver Co might have some beach front property for sale.

@rob1nh000d on settling a car. Hopefully this simile helps.

Imagine your car as at least 2 tectonic plates. When you brake you start to tilt one of those plates from back to front. When you accelerate you tilt it the opposite direction. When you turn the wheel right, your tilting the second plate so it's lower on the left and higher on the right. Tilting one plate isn't much of an earthquake. Tilting them both becomes a 4 on the Richter scale. The more dramatically you brake or turn, the higher scale the earthquake you create. Keep those earthquakes to a level so you aren't sending the western sea board into the Pacific ocean. We wouldn't want the magic earthquake kingdom, aka So Cal migrating to Hawaii would we? If that happened Denver Co might have some beach front property for sale.

If L.A. and S.F. fell in the ocean, not only would I be closer to the coast, but most of the liberal crap would fall in with it and California would be a better place to live for the rest of us. I can guarantee you that food would cost less for everyone if the liberals didn't have any say in the matter.

If L.A. and S.F. fell in the ocean, not only would I be closer to the coast, but most of the liberal crap would fall in with it and California would be a better place to live for the rest of us. I can guarantee you that food would cost less for everyone if the liberals didn't have any say in the matter.

If the San Andrea fault cracks wide open, most of California would be under water from the resulting tsunami. If you survived you'd have to deal with all the liberals in Colorado.

Data entry is pretty easy and can be done after the races. It is just inputing things like fast laps and total times for each race. It takes maybe an 30-60 minutes a week so is a bit time intensive but can be done in the days after the event. If you are willing I will put you down for that.

Yeah man I'll do it. Should I be getting all this info after each race or does somebody provide it to me? I was thinking of taking screenshots of my tv with my smartphone just to make it easier.

Me too! Brands Hatch is one of my favourite tracks but I generally struggle with fwd cars (I found the recent Integra DC5 combos a nightmare). For some reason though I'm going pretty well in the Mini.

My first car was much more modern...........a 1969 Ford Capri 2000GT! Something like this:

capri_gt_zps083b970f.jpg

Unfortunately, it wouldn't beat much between the traffic lights as the 2 Litre engine had been replaced by a 1.3. :grumpy:
Man did those Capris race well. I watched the Silverstone 6 hours in 76/77 and enjoyed watching the blisteringly fast Capris.

So it seems like my wrist is pretty ****-ed even though there's only discomfort left and no pain left, will need a surgery for a full recovery, one of those ligaments and cartilage problems. fml. But at least now that I know what's going on with it, I found a way to stop it from popping out as easily. ( I wrapped my wrist with duct tape so the tendon couldn't pop out on to the carpal bone. Duct tape fixes everything right?)

Therefore I will be racing here Sunday night. I do hope it gets well enough that it doesn't hinder my GT Academy progress.
Use GATOR tape if duct tape is too IFFY.
Cheers and good luck

If the San Andrea fault cracks wide open, most of California would be under water from the resulting tsunami. If you survived you'd have to deal with all the stoners in Colorado.

FTFY. ;)

(So many words I could have used there, but I had to pick one.)

Yeah man I'll do it. Should I be getting all this info after each race or does somebody provide it to me? I was thinking of taking screenshots of my tv with my smartphone just to make it easier.
Ryan,

Here is the official job description:

Skills needed, ability to use Gran Turismo 6 Replay Save during Sunday night races. Ability to use GT6's proprietary video playback functionality. Basic spreadsheet, typing and math skills. You are a motivated and committed member of S.N.A.I.L. willing to spend 1 hour per week entering race data. You work well unsupervised and are committed to meeting deadlines. Video training available.

There is a video here that shows how to do it all http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp9AaBMeToA&feature=youtu.be

We will need you to have access to the spreadsheets. I think either @Dragonwhisky @zer05ive or @JLBowler can set that up.

Thanks Ryan!

Here is the updated Details for the West Coast Division

To all Racers in the West Coast Division.

This is an urgent call to action!

If we are going to be able to continue running the West Coast Division we need the following roles filled. Each is vital to the running of the Division and also to the overall running of the League. So I would personally like each and everyone that is a part of the West Coast Division to step up and help keep this great thing we call SNAIL going.

WC Director - @jobyone (Steward)
WC Assistant Director - @GranStand Bill

WC Host Primary - Vacant / @jobyone (Steward) when racing
WC Host Backup - Vacant / Vacant

WC Score Keeper Primary - @Neovre (Steward) / Vacant
WC Score Keeper Backup - Vacant / Vacant

WC Video Uploader Primary - @tezgm99 (Steward) / Vacant
WC Video Uploader Backup - Vacant / Vacant

WC Data Entry Primary - @Ryan F / Vacant
WC Data Entry Backup - Vacant / Vacant

Ideally I would like 2 primary and 2 secondary volunteers. But the priority should be on getting one primary and then getting backups.

The following role is desired but not needed but is very appreciated

WC Photographers

This is the list of people that have raced in the last few weeks and our newest members yet to race. You do not have to be a long time SNAIL to help out so if you think you may be able to help out please do so.

@Jose Torres
@gmraces
@RinnFah
@Smarly 1time
@Travisorus - Has mentioned hosting but I would like confirmation you are still willing.
@jpe138083
@Col_Mustard
@RealDeal
@RodeRuner1967
@SpacemanSpif

Again I can not stress again how vital it is to get these roles filled if we are going to run the West Coast Division smoothly and in a way that creates a fun environment for us all to race in.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Joby

If the San Andrea fault cracks wide open, most of California would be under water from the resulting tsunami. If you survived you'd have to deal with all the liberals in Colorado.

There's a second mountain crest to the east of the fault and it's lowest point is right around 1000 ft. above sea level. It would take one hell of a tsunami surge to get over the top of that. Since I am east of that crest, I don't see a problem with the rest of CA falling in the ocean.

You can have whatever color and wheels (stock size only, you can't drive in a non-tuning lobby with anything more) you like, but not so that it looks to similar to a color combo that anyone else has.

@KTR5 can help you with that.

I should be able to make the banners up until the week of the Canadian Grand Prix. Probably not a terrible idea to have a backup in mind.

Anyone going to be in Indy today for the Grand Prix?
Okay, cool. 👍

Does anyone want to sign up as a backup banner maker?

@unsteddie,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:
Thnak you!!

There's a second mountain crest to the east of the fault and it's lowest point is right around 1000 ft. above sea level. It would take one hell of a tsunami surge to get over the top of that. Since I am east of that crest, I don't see a problem with the rest of CA falling in the ocean.

Hate to tell you this if what I think is correct.

If you're talking about that Northern Mountain Range and you live in the area between it and the Sierra Nevadas, your land would be under water if that slice of So and Mid Cal slide off. All of So Cal would be gone, and likely the water would curl around the southern end of the Sierra Nevadas and make some property owners in Arizona and Nevada beachfront owners.

san-andreas-fault-map.jpg

California_Coast_Ranges.png

I used to live right smack in the middle of the biggest portion of Cal that would've slid off, just south of San Bernadino when I was a kid, actually gradumacted HS there. Was stationed just north of San Berdeau for 4 years after that. Man was I ever glad to escape that planet, although not for the reasons we've been discussing.

Back