What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,964 comments
This is what happened to me today....

Gran Turismo 7 - the real penalty simulator

1000002220.jpg

Not GT7 sadly. Was at Big Data LDN, Alteryx had a stand with a F1 sim with F1 24.

This is where it gets GT7 related

I finished the day 3rd on the leaderboard, and moaned that if it was GT7 I'd be top 😂😂😂

Apologies if this breaks the rules, just wanted to vent. But that's what's I did on GT7 - Moan that the sim wasn't GT7! Genuinely had a bit of a strop at being 3rd then went outside for a vape and fresh air (oxymoron) . I miss this game

Last edited:
Had a better day today.

• bought a second Toyota Celica rally car. Now i have one for 600p and one for 700pp
  • Went back into the missions for curiosity's sake. Won gold at the Gr 3 race at the High Speed Ring (up from bronze)
  • I am now officially UNDER 400 Acura NSX Gr B rally cars.

Oof I stepped in another game side of things in the forums. I messed up big time. 💩 But Today I chucked it in on turn 1 and did a gold Time Trial online and then a Daily Race win.

Time Trial Gold

A few seconds ahead win..
1726790921856.png

The way the DD+ feels is just so naturally correct and is just sublime. Now off to iRacing for a bit to get that frustration and silly ageing tire model feel.

Oof that video quality is terrible. Later I'll have to see if I can upload proper quality.
1726790178188.png

Last edited:
I really let things go, and almost missed the Weekly Challenges. First, however, I hit the time trials on the GTP account after collecting 2,000,000 Cr. for a pair of silvers. I'm not getting a silver at Dragon Trail or Route 1, as my 1:58.3+/1:30.8+ (respectively) aren't good enough. The sub-1:02.8 at Suzuka is going to be good for silver though.

Naturally, all that was "worth" a 3-star Wheel of Despair puking out the 2nd-lowest-showing/lowest-legal 10,000 Cr. That left the Weekly Challenges:
  • Brands Hatch European FR Challenge in 5:30 with a stock 1997 BMW M3 (I figured that if I used it, it would finally come back to the UCD)
  • Red Bull Ring Japanese 4WD Challenge in 5:24 with a stock 2002 Nissan GT-R
  • Eiger Norwand Special Event in 6:43 with a Porsche 356 Carrera tuned to 528 PP (and the highly-tuned Barnett stuck in traffic)
  • Willow Springs WRC in an "unclean" 13:50 with a stock Honda NSX Gr.B (I don't know where I lost the CRB)
  • Dragon Trail WTC 700 in a soaking-wet 19:17 with a stock Chevrolet Corvette Gr.4 (with rain tires on standby, and after many, many, many restarts)
On the Plus account, it was mostly a stomping:
  • Brands Hatch in 5:04 with a stock Ferrari F12berlinetta
  • Red Bull Ring in 5:18 with a stock Suzuki VGT
  • Eiger Norwand in 6:51 with a Porsche 356 Speedster tuned to 505 PP (and Barnett starting in the back with me, and unlike the GTP run, the usual number of Eiger restarts)
  • Willow Springs in 13:25 with a Nissan GT-R Gr.B tuned to 696 PP (an old Clubman Plus tune, which is a bit hard on the front-left tire)
  • A dry Dragon Trail in 16:55 with the same Nissan GT-R Gr.B
Of COURSE the workout ticket was another 3-star Wheel of Despair, puking out a racing muffler for an engine for which I could use it...in a swap.

Back