What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,968 comments
This is what happened to me today....

Gran Turismo 7 - the real penalty simulator

1000002220.jpg

Not GT7 sadly. Was at Big Data LDN, Alteryx had a stand with a F1 sim with F1 24.

This is where it gets GT7 related

I finished the day 3rd on the leaderboard, and moaned that if it was GT7 I'd be top 😂😂😂

Apologies if this breaks the rules, just wanted to vent. But that's what's I did on GT7 - Moan that the sim wasn't GT7! Genuinely had a bit of a strop at being 3rd then went outside for a vape and fresh air (oxymoron) . I miss this game

Last edited:
Had a better day today.

• bought a second Toyota Celica rally car. Now i have one for 600p and one for 700pp
  • Went back into the missions for curiosity's sake. Won gold at the Gr 3 race at the High Speed Ring (up from bronze)
  • I am now officially UNDER 400 Acura NSX Gr B rally cars.

Oof I stepped in another game side of things in the forums. I messed up big time. 💩 But Today I chucked it in on turn 1 and did a gold Time Trial online and then a Daily Race win.

Time Trial Gold

A few seconds ahead win..
1726790921856.png

The way the DD+ feels is just so naturally correct and is just sublime. Now off to iRacing for a bit to get that frustration and silly ageing tire model feel.

Oof that video quality is terrible. Later I'll have to see if I can upload proper quality.
1726790178188.png

Last edited:
I really let things go, and almost missed the Weekly Challenges. First, however, I hit the time trials on the GTP account after collecting 2,000,000 Cr. for a pair of silvers. I'm not getting a silver at Dragon Trail or Route 1, as my 1:58.3+/1:30.8+ (respectively) aren't good enough. The sub-1:02.8 at Suzuka is going to be good for silver though.

Naturally, all that was "worth" a 3-star Wheel of Despair puking out the 2nd-lowest-showing/lowest-legal 10,000 Cr. That left the Weekly Challenges:
  • Brands Hatch European FR Challenge in 5:30 with a stock 1997 BMW M3 (I figured that if I used it, it would finally come back to the UCD)
  • Red Bull Ring Japanese 4WD Challenge in 5:24 with a stock 2002 Nissan GT-R
  • Eiger Norwand Special Event in 6:43 with a Porsche 356 Carrera tuned to 528 PP (and the highly-tuned Barnett stuck in traffic)
  • Willow Springs WRC in an "unclean" 13:50 with a stock Honda NSX Gr.B (I don't know where I lost the CRB)
  • Dragon Trail WTC 700 in a soaking-wet 19:17 with a stock Chevrolet Corvette Gr.4 (with rain tires on standby, and after many, many, many restarts)
On the Plus account, it was mostly a stomping:
  • Brands Hatch in 5:04 with a stock Ferrari F12berlinetta
  • Red Bull Ring in 5:18 with a stock Suzuki VGT
  • Eiger Norwand in 6:51 with a Porsche 356 Speedster tuned to 505 PP (and Barnett starting in the back with me, and unlike the GTP run, the usual number of Eiger restarts)
  • Willow Springs in 13:25 with a Nissan GT-R Gr.B tuned to 696 PP (an old Clubman Plus tune, which is a bit hard on the front-left tire)
  • A dry Dragon Trail in 16:55 with the same Nissan GT-R Gr.B
Of COURSE the workout ticket was another 3-star Wheel of Despair, puking out a racing muffler for an engine for which I could use it...in a swap.

Purchased a 6th and final F1 GTR longtail and took my grind one to Sardegna along with a few other cars for variety. The car is more 'loose' than the CLK-LM but suffers from pretty bad loss of grip past the 50% wear.

Last edited:
I did too much between iRacing and GT7, but 3 weekly challenges done. I really enjoyted the Mono BAC event. very reminiscent of the X19 Nations cup event. Good times. But most importantly the Fanatec 2.2.3.7 wheel base firmware update resolved the disconnection issue! Big win here. the switch for PC/PS5 usb selector is back in the loop and 48+ hours of on time with zero issues switching between Gran Turismo 7 and iRacing. Let the Racing Begin! Now to finish the 2 remaining challenges and grind a million or 2 credits with the quickness.

Back