◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,807 comments
Question for @zer05ive, @Rednose58, @JLBowler:

How slow can a mid-division lap time be for the La Sarthe combo to stay at 3 laps? 4:15-4:20?

This is not meant as a shot at you but rather an, "I knew it would happen" kind of statement. Making an exception to get three laps with the Nissan just leads to someone wanting a bigger exception to be made for something else.

The limit is 4 minutes flat, not 4:00.001 or anything above that, to get three race laps. That is the official policy and can only be changed by the man himself, @zer05ive.

Question for @zer05ive, @Rednose58, @JLBowler:

How slow can a mid-division lap time be for the La Sarthe combo to stay at 3 laps? 4:15-4:20?
You want some help testing @msgt-sd I'm good around le mans and I'm a mid division!
This is not meant as a shot at you but rather an, "I knew it would happen" kind of statement. Making an exception to get three laps with the Nissan just leads to someone wanting a bigger exception to be made for something else.

The limit is 4 minutes flat, not 4:00.001 or anything above that, to get three race laps. That is the official policy and can only be changed by the man himself, @zer05ive.
I would imagine that he's asking because he has a car in mind but wants the 3 lap race (would be my preference too!)

Snail Data for Division 2 is in the books.

6 Different drivers on the podium in 6 races.
4 Podiums each driver @aLmk and @socalnatv
3 fastest laps of the race for @aLmk

Race Results for Sunday:

- Round 1 - Race 1 -

First - @aLmk
Second - @socalnatv
Third - @Kgffy

Fastest Lap of the race - @aLmk - 2:04.584

Pole lap honors - @aLmk - 2:04.980

- Round 1 - Race 2 -

First - @nmcp1
Second - @USERID_77a23
Third - @SGETI

Fastest Lap of the race - @nmcp1 - 2:05.259

- Round 2 - Race 1 -

First - @Kgffy
Second - @aLmk
Third - @SGETI

Fastest Lap of the race - @aLmk - 1:46.820

Pole lap honors - @Kgffy - 1:46.454

- Round 2 - Race 2 -

First - @socalnatv
Second - @USERID_77a23
Third - @SGETI

Fastest Lap of the race - @nmcp1 - 1:46.503

- Round 3 - Race 1 -

First - @socalnatv
Second - @aLmk
Third - @SGETI

Fastest Lap of the race - @aLmk - 3:56.277

Pole lap honors - @socalnatv - 3:57.249

- Round 3 - Race 2 -

First - @aLmk
Second - @socalnatv
Third - @nmcp1

Fastest Lap of the race - @socalnatv - 3:56.130

Cheers!

Price C Selection:

McLaren F1 '94
Racing: Medium tires
615 PP
657 HP

~3:55 for mid-division lap times.

Thanks to @Die_Birdy_Die and @dgaf95integra for the help.
My pick "A" is the;
Viper GTS '02
516 pp before oil change- sport soft tires
449 hp before oil change

Lap times in the 2:24's
stand by for the you tube video!
Thanks to @JamCar0ne @Kgffy @TomMang_68 and @kickenit4evr

This is Hilarious, although I was ineligible for a prize, before I knew i was I had already bought these 2 cars to chose between :lol::bowdown::cheers:

To all my Brother and Sister Snails -
Real Life has entered my world here in West Texas. And sad to say I'm going to slide my way off the track for an extended period of time. A night position has been offered - and was an offer I couldn't refuse.

Just wanted to say that the evenings I spent online with all of you were times that I will consider Priceless. Friendships, Laughter and learning to quietly deal with frustration (most of the time) is a summary of what I have been given and I appreciate it all.

God richly bless each of you in your Life, Enjoyments and Commitments. It has been my pleasure to be part of the best league online.

Maybe I'll visit some night when I'm not working.
Take care
Jack

Price C Selection:

McLaren F1 '94
Racing: Medium tires
615 PP
657 HP

~3:55 for mid-division lap times.

Thanks to @Die_Birdy_Die and @dgaf95integra for the help.
dealership pp608 dealer HP627

Real Life has entered my world here in West Texas. And sad to say I'm going to slide my way off the track for an extended period of time. A night position has been offered - and was an offer I couldn't refuse.

Just wanted to say that the evenings I spent online with all of you were times that I will consider Priceless. Friendships, Laughter and learning to quietly deal with frustration (most of the time) is a summary of what I have been given and I appreciate it all.

God richly bless each of you in your Life, Enjoyments and Commitments. It has been my pleasure to be part of the best league online.

Take care
Jack
Ah tex so glad and sad to hear that! I sure hope you come to visit you will be missed.

Last edited:
Here is a quick summary table. I'll make the nice one tomorrow some time

2015-06-14 Settings.png

I hope the McLaren stays. Last time we used it so was at Mid-Field and it lasted one week
No, we never used it officially at midfield, I tested it there against the TVR Tuscan, and the Tuscan stayed there for 3 weeks. It worked well there but the TVR had better racing in all divisions. I hope everyone can conquer it at LeSarthe, it's quite challenging.

On a different note, tips for anyone who wants them for the F1 at LeSarthe:

Brake at 230m or so for the Playstation chicane (well before the first brake marker board, 200m)
Also brake at 200m or sliiiightly before (if you have trouble) for the Michelin chicane and the right into Indianapolis.
At Mulsanne corner, brake 30m or so before the start of the yellow/blue curb on the inside. (or earlier if you have trouble). You will NEED to make sure the car is straight and stable when you start to brake or you will have a bad day.

Those four are the fastest/hardest braking zones and if you mess them up it gets ugly fast. This car will likely have more of the train/accordion effect than the GT500 car in brake zones.

If you're following someone closely and don't want to hit them, brake at the same time they do (or slightly before, but lift off the brake slightly sooner), not the same place unless you are trying to pass under braking (which can get risky but rewarding if you do it right).

Last edited:
No, we never used it officially at midfield, I tested it there against the TVR Tuscan, and the Tuscan stayed there for 3 weeks. It worked well there but the TVR had better racing in all divisions. I hope everyone can conquer it at LeSarthe, it's quite challenging.

On a different note, tips for anyone who wants them for the F1 at LeSarthe:

Brake at 230m or so for the Playstation chicane (well before the first brake marker board, 200m)
Also brake at 200m or sliiiightly before (if you have trouble) for the Michelin chicane and the right into Indianapolis.
At Mulsanne corner, brake 30m or so before the start of the yellow/blue curb on the inside. (or earlier if you have trouble). You will NEED to make sure the car is straight and stable when you start to brake or you will have a bad day.

Those four are the fastest/hardest braking zones and if you mess them up it gets ugly fast. This car will likely have more of the train/accordion effect than the GT500 car in brake zones.

If you're following someone closely and don't want to hit them, brake at the same time they do (or slightly before, but lift off the brake slightly sooner), not the same place unless you are trying to pass under braking (which can get risky but rewarding if you do it right).

I remember I was hoping for the F1, but the TVR was a very good choice there after driving it. Now the McLaren F1 in Project Cars.........that's a different animal! A little tip, do not make it one of the first cars you drive!

Hello, I would like to join the snail racing league. I previously posted that I wanted to and was told by someone to message Nail-27 via PSN but my friend request is still pending. I'm not sure if I did something wrong with trying to register or not. Could some one please steer me the right direction.

Thanks,

Hello, I would like to join the snail racing league. I previously posted that I wanted to and was told by someone to message Nail-27 via PSN but my friend request is still pending. I'm not sure if I did something wrong with trying to register or not. Could some one please steer me the right direction.

Thanks,
lol No sorry that wasn't meant for you evolo that was meant for jag. Sorry @zer05ive should be along shortly to get you set up!

Thanks,

@nmcp1 will send you your welcome package in a reply in this thread. The friend request to Nail would have been for our Monday Night Pack Racing series. The reply from @nmcp1 will be for our Sunday Night series.

Take care
Jack

Sad to see you go tex :(
Hope to see you around once in a while take care bud!!

Take care
Jack

You will be missed Tex. You are an absolute gentleman and I, and many others, always enjoy racing with you. Being in my 50's you are great inspiration to me by proving that there is still plenty of time to continue enjoying mixing it up with the youngsters online!

Btw, I hope this isn't your boss.

brando_zpslazdpfvw.jpg

I wouldn't like to think that you had to wake up with a horse's head in your bed before accepting the position which will keep you away from us! :lol:

Back