◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,809 comments
Really good footage man! Perfect camera placement too! What kind of engine do you have that sounds like that or is the audio not picking it up properly? Good car control and patience man. Now I wanna go into PCars 2 and set up a race with Formula Rookie, Track Day A, Road Car C (I think that has the Caterham) and set their AI to something low and see how many I can pass!
It's a 1200cc Type 2 Aircooled Beetle engine, custom stainless exhaust primaries and collector tuned for maximum power. They sound much better in person, like in the second half of this clip

I have a room open @ 0474-6069-7894-7708-7300 if anyone is interested in stirring up dust

Please shut down room by 08:45. .. about an hour from now.

Ok I'll look for yours

I was thinking of making Round 3 open to any GR3 to make it interesting / testing for that missing piece of combo. I know G$ would like some feedback regarding this. He may not have as much time to test for proper car placement. I already nominated the Peaugout.

Could use some help with the texting that you also do very well.
@DesertPenguin09 you can too if you are around.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_1113898.html

At the following time, we will perform maintenance on the 'Gran Turismo Sport' servers. A new game update will also be available after the maintenance.
Please note that during this time the online services, including [Sport Mode], will not be available.

[Day & Time]
December 21, 2017: 20:00 – 22:00 PST

* The above time is subject to change.

Hopefully this update will also bring back the community features that GT6 had.

Do you have a good picture of your colours (cat from GT6)?

***************************************************************************************
Message to the BOD!
***************************************************************************************

We started to use the gtplanet.net/snail link in welcoming messages to room settings as we know the snailracing.org is broken for now.

Any chance of fixing this soon? Our liveries are probably the best hook and many may be getting an empty page. :crazy:

Those that do actively recruiting would appreciated it very much. :cheers:

Last edited:
Do you know how much HP you get out of it?
A good engine on the national level averages 60-61, this engine in my car is in and around the 54-55 range... actually yesterday I pulled the pin on getting myself an engine built and flow tested by one of the class’ best engine builders, hoping for the average hp to get to 62-63. But with all things racing related you gotta pay to play. One or two hp is the difference between finishing on the podium or finishing outside the top ten in this class.

I just realized that we are missing 1.5 combos.

Any idea what to do for Prize A replacement?

SnailRAcing #Open

open for Biz

0474 6070 2340 7331 0276

GT6 Chrome 007.jpg
Merlot Red.jpg

@Wolfsatz The viper body color is the same i used GT6 Chrome 007. I couldn't find an in game GT6 Merlot Red rims so i found a picture of what Merlot Red would look like.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/colour-codes-brands.372047/

So this guy posted a new thread in the livery editor section with exact color codes for some things like Gulf, Martini, and BMW. Sounds like a good idea to keep track of it if you want to replicate those liveries perfectly.

I can tell you from experience that the red in the Toyota Gazoo decals is 0-100-85 but that's the first and only attempt I had at finding an exact color in-game.

That's why official practice isn't until next week.
I know.. but there was a few wanting to practice. So we did the Bathurst and then we tested GR3 cars at AlsaceII.

Then we did one of the 25 min. races for the Holiday festivities.

View attachment 700922
View attachment 700923

@Wolfsatz The viper body color is the same i used GT6 Chrome 007. I couldn't find an in game GT6 Merlot Red rims so i found a picture of what Merlot Red would look like.

Exactly what I needed. Thx!

Hi, I'd like to join Snail. I was referred by Wolfsatz. Let me know what I need to do. Thanks.

@dibblr

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @JLBowler, @nmcp1,@zer05ive ,@Rednose58 &, @MajorBlixem as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

I have read the first post and would like to join. Will there be races over the holiday weekends?

@nmcp1 will have your official welcome post shortly. Our next scheduled Sunday night is Jan. 7, 2018. I'm sure there will be plenty of practice rooms open between now and then.

Also, update to version 1.10 is currently available. 2.789GB in size so for those with slower connections, plan accordingly.

I have read the first post and would like to join. Will there be races over the holiday weekends?

We are doing a Holiday Event on Saturday night. C a few posts above from @Rednose. They will be three 25 minutes Enduro type races (not our traditional format). On cars that we would never use on the regular format.

Here is the post with guidance for Saturday

Took a quick look at the update, I don't see any new tracks, and the longest endurance race in the new campaign mode is still around an hour long.

Closest thing to a new track is a combination layout of Kyoto. Myabi and Yamigawa connected together in one 4+ mile track.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_4135144.html

An update for Gran Turismo Sport has been released. Following is a list of the main features introduced:

Main Features Implemented
1. Campaign Mode
 - 'GT League' has been added. This is a mode in which you can challenge a variety of races using cars from your garage (Every league requires a certain Driver Level to enter).

2. New Cars
 - The following 12 cars have been added:
  ・Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) (N300)
  ・Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32) (N300)
  ・Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) (N300)
  ・Ford F-150 SVT Raptor (N400)
  ・Lamborghini Countach LP400 (N400)
  ・Ferrari F40 (N500)
  ・Ferrari Enzo Ferrari (N700)
  ・KTM X-BOW R(N300)
  ・Suzuki Swift Sport (N100)
  ・Volkswagen Samba Bus Type 2 (T1) (N100)
  ・Chris Holstrom Concepts 1967 Chevy Nova (N700)
  ・Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) (N300)

3. Tracks
 - A new layout, the “Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa + Miyabi” has been added.

4. Scapes
 - A new ”Season's Greetings” group has been added to the Top Screen. New photo scenes are included in the group.

5. Brand Central
 - We have added the “Lewis Hamilton Reference Laps #1 – Nürburgring” to the 'Lewis Hamilton' section of Brand Central;
 - A museum section has been added to Chevrolet.
 - Special Scapes scenes have been added to Bugatti.

6. Top 24 Superstars
 - In the FIA Championships within Sport mode, a 'Top 24 Superstars' race will be held as the final round of each race season. This will be a single race within the final round, where only one group will be matched among the top drivers. In this race you will earn more points than a standard race.

7. Lobby
 - Added a new [Settings] section under [Event Settings] -> [Regulation Settings].

8. Physics Simulation Model
 - Traction control while turning has been adjusted to allow smoother cornering.

9. Controller
 - The DUALSHOCK®4 motion sensor steering sensitivity has been adjusted so that steering requires less rotation.

10. Buttons Assignment
 - It is now possible to set throttle and brakes in the buttons assignments of the wireless and steering controllers. The settings can be changed from [Options] -> [Controller];
 - Fixed an issue where the operation of the left/right stick on the T-GT steering controller was affected by the wireless controller assignment settings.

11. Sound
 - Tires screeching sounds have been adjusted;
 - The sound balance of the Chaparral Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo has been adjusted.

12. Additional Language
 - Thai language support has been added to the Asian version.

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Thank you for your continued support. Please enjoy Gran Turismo Sport with these new features!

Edit: Update 1.10 is also listed on the Gran Turismo website.

Update Details (1.10)
An update has been implemented for Gran Turismo Sport.
This update fixes minor issues and increases stability.

Please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport.

Last edited:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_4135144.html

An update for Gran Turismo Sport has been released. Following is a list of the main features introduced:

Main Features Implemented
1. Campaign Mode
 - 'GT League' has been added. This is a mode in which you can challenge a variety of races using cars from your garage (Every league requires a certain Driver Level to enter).

2. New Cars
 - The following 12 cars have been added:
  ・Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) (N300)
  ・Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32) (N300)
  ・Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) (N300)
  ・Ford F-150 SVT Raptor (N400)
  ・Lamborghini Countach LP400 (N400)
  ・Ferrari F40 (N500)
  ・Ferrari Enzo Ferrari (N700)
  ・KTM X-BOW R(N300)
  ・Suzuki Swift Sport (N100)
  ・Volkswagen Samba Bus Type 2 (T1) (N100)
  ・Chris Holstrom Concepts 1967 Chevy Nova (N700)
  ・Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) (N300)

3. Tracks
 - A new layout, the “Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa + Miyabi” has been added.

4. Scapes
 - A new ”Season's Greetings” group has been added to the Top Screen. New photo scenes are included in the group.

5. Brand Central
 - We have added the “Lewis Hamilton Reference Laps #1 – Nürburgring” to the 'Lewis Hamilton' section of Brand Central;
 - A museum section has been added to Chevrolet.
 - Special Scapes scenes have been added to Bugatti.

6. Top 24 Superstars
 - In the FIA Championships within Sport mode, a 'Top 24 Superstars' race will be held as the final round of each race season. This will be a single race within the final round, where only one group will be matched among the top drivers. In this race you will earn more points than a standard race.

7. Lobby
 - Added a new [Settings] section under [Event Settings] -> [Regulation Settings].

8. Physics Simulation Model
 - Traction control while turning has been adjusted to allow smoother cornering.

9. Controller
 - The DUALSHOCK®4 motion sensor steering sensitivity has been adjusted so that steering requires less rotation.

10. Buttons Assignment
 - It is now possible to set throttle and brakes in the buttons assignments of the wireless and steering controllers. The settings can be changed from [Options] -> [Controller];
 - Fixed an issue where the operation of the left/right stick on the T-GT steering controller was affected by the wireless controller assignment settings.

11. Sound
 - Tires screeching sounds have been adjusted;
 - The sound balance of the Chaparral Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo has been adjusted.

12. Additional Language
 - Thai language support has been added to the Asian version.

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Thank you for your continued support. Please enjoy Gran Turismo Sport with these new features!

Edit: Update 1.10 is also listed on the Gran Turismo website.

Update Details (1.10)
An update has been implemented for Gran Turismo Sport.
This update fixes minor issues and increases stability.

Please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport.

What is your Racing Number?

There is now a tuning prohibiting option when creating a lobby. Still no qualifying option unfortunately.

As for HP and weight; HP can be set to a max limit; however weight is also set to a max limit, meaning you can reduce the weight of your car and still enter a tuning prohibiting lobby. That and brake balance is still unlocked.

Lighter=faster, right? Granted, you can identify someone running lighter by selecting "member list" at the top of the lobby page but, WTF pd?!

Last edited:
Closest thing to a new track is a combination layout of Kyoto. Myabi and Yamigawa connected together in one 4+ mile track.
👎 pffffttt!

On another note. @Wolfsatz , your liveries are getting better and better. I loved the Peugeot one that was further up in the posts. I think is was kind of a dark forest green and gold base livery. All in all, you're definitely getting a real touch for this. Frankly, I don't know where you find the time. My son and I have done a couple on his Forza games and it just seems to be a time warp. The more you do, the more ideas you have, and down the rabbit-hole you go.
38323702585_9f24ffa3ab_h.jpg

This is the one I was taking about, but on my phone, in the movie theater :embarrassed:, it looked more of a forest green. It's still a great livery though.

Last edited:
Back