◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Only made the last two races in D4 but had a blast. Worked my way from the back in both races and must say the race craft in D4 looked great. Congrats to gamble finishing 3rd overall in his first week after promotion and to goat for the overall win:)

I feel similar to what you said, Owens.

I am by no means a Snailien, but I have tried very hard to improve my race craft here.

I appreciate it, D5.

Goat was hopped up on caffeine, couldn't catch him haha

Glad to know I'm not the only one. He was just plain running away from me.

In all seriousness though, there were some great battles in D4. Good racecraft maintained by everyone. After an early wake-up to help a friend retreive his truck from a ditch (he thought he was Carl Renezeder I guess) I was falling asleep at Spa. Great night anyway.

Last edited:
Wow guys very unexpected, Thank you. Honestly owe a lot of my skills to the racers here on GTP, racing with you guys helps to develop ones self as a driver. Couldn't have earned this with out all those I've raced with. Thank you and Thank you S.N.A.I.L staff.

Truly floored. Almost speechless. Took 10 minutes to decide what to say. :)

Manual Monday, I like the idea of using the combo that won't change for the week or what ever really.

See ya tomorrow.

Congrats, Not surprised at all 👍

Good racing overall, very intense. Next time I should practice :dopey: I actually liked all the combos, made for some good door-to-door racing. Really liked the corvette.
I wish I did better, I was half asleep for the races, couldn't keep focused (see race 1 for a great example). The sprint style races made it hard for me to keep my car out of trouble. Ended up in the loosing end of a "sandwich" more than once.
My vote would be combo 2.

Last edited:
Just loads of fun last night. Great battles and competition. Some pretty hillarious commentary by Veloci and others too =P which helped counter the annoyences of server connection issues. I'm also happy SNAIL acknowledges good racecraft...and Owens deserves it for sure! See you guys next week.

I vote for 3

Only made the last two races in D4 but had a blast. Worked my way from the back in both races and must say the race craft in D4 looked great. Congrats to gamble finishing 3rd overall in his first week after promotion and to goat for the overall win:)

Good job Goat and Gamble, you both did pretty well. I had a lot of fun too even after cutting my finger with the paddle shifter and loosing a screw off my wheelstand, one disconnect but i was able to rescue 2 wins, so those felt good :)

Goat was on fire all rounds,great job and excellent race craft from all in D4!

6K9iK.png

One of you needs to change their avatar.

Re: Manual Monday, anyone want to get some practice in this morning? After I finish watching this DTM race, I'm going to watch a replay and then jump into D1.

Also, I'm sad that the NSX is gone because of crappy track. :yuck:

Maybe... I have not raced with the shifter (only paddles), so I can only imagine it will not make me better...

I really liked that car and track combo. Maybe because it really caters to my driving style...early braking and lots of corner speed.

I probably would have won both races there but had company over and was distracted while leading when they came to say goodbye for the night.

I really liked that car and track combo. Maybe because it really caters to my driving style...early braking and lots of corner speed.

I probably would have won both races there but had company over and was distracted while leading when they came to say goodbye for the night.

My only problem with it was the darkness. It's realistic, but in real life your brain has more information (depth, mostly) to work with. On a tv screen, I found it really hard to pick out the second apex of the chicane, and I hit it once in each race.

Too bad that SSR11 isn't in GT5. That was my favorite of the night tracks in previous GTs.

You can adjust screen exposure in the quick options, just pause in game, quick options, up 2 to exposure, usually exposure 4-8 does the trick.

On a side note, remember this?
8004350746_d6c23cccd4_o.jpg

So, for a measly 99 cents, everyone will be buying this so we could race with the Academy car, right.;)
Does everyone have this little gem? I'm asking because I am thinking of choosing it, but if people don't have it, I'll choose something else.

dabneyd
One of you needs to change their avatar.

Re: Manual Monday, anyone want to get some practice in this morning? After I finish watching this DTM race, I'm going to watch a replay and then jump into D1.

Yea we have the vette again but no NSX:( perhaps a race modified TVR will replace it. Hint hint;)

I agree. That was a wonderful combo. I was disappointed when during qualifying I had connection issues and when I came back I saw the top time that was posted and I knew I could beat it but sadly there was no time left. :grumpy: I think I started 8th or something and made up a lot of positions during the race. This combo allows for more close racing then the others in my opinion.

Hindsight smack talk. I love it!

I probably could have won EVERY race if I hadn't made mistakes all night 👍

Reflecting on the race last night, I had a really good time :) It is only afterwords that you can gain good perspective and I realized I missed the racing in September when I was busy. But it was cool to wake up with a smile this morning.👍

Apologies to the D2 group for a brief rant after one of the races. I watched the replay and see what happened, it's all cool. You are a great bunch, and I look forward to our next race.

zer05ive and kcheeb: I won't be able to race this weekend as real racing takes its last weekend of the year. I'm of to the Glen to freeze my na-nas :dopey:

Pictures from the D4 Sandbox; I mean Suzuka and Spa :)

Nice pics! (and even better sig :lol:)

Mind if I add you to this post as the photographer for D4? tezgm99 has been promoted to D3 so it'd be great if you could continue to post D4 pics once in a while. :)

Speaking of D4, does anybody in D4 have a good internet connection? It's the only division that doesn't have a designated host. If you think you might, please post your speedtest.net results so that we can add you to the list. 👍

Nice pics! (and even better sig :lol:)

Mind if I add you to this post as the photographer for D4? tezgm99 has been promoted to D3 so it'd be great if you could continue to post D4 pics once in a while. :)

Speaking of D4, does anybody in D4 have a great internet connection? It's the only division that doesn't have a designated host.

Photographer sure.. time permitting, today I have the pleasure of a Federal Holiday.

My Internet connection is pretty decent @ 18.48 Mbps, usually the issues I have network wise are due to PSN and not local. :crazy:

Hindsight smack talk. I love it!

I probably could have won EVERY race if I hadn't made mistakes all night 👍

Not really hindsight smack talk seeing as I qualified first and had a 1.2 second lead. Kinda hard to shake someone's hand and say goodnight and keep a lead. Would be different if I were running 3rd and said I could have won if ______.

Actually it is hindsight.

Everyone in that room is capable of winning any given race. It all comes down to mistakes made and avoiding other's mistakes. Even qualifying first is how to manage your 3 flying laps. Pole position doesn't make you the fastest racer. It means you put together the most error free lap in 10 minutes.

Because you have a 1 sec lead means nothing. Another racer could put in a flyer of a lap and the lead is gone.

Anyways...looks like you have no shortage of cockiness and confidence. Humility goes a long towards earning respect amongst your peers...good luck and see you next week :)

Latest Posts

Back