◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,532 comments
I'll be the first one to admit that I don't know in's & out's of the inner-workings of this league. However, the idea was simply meant as a way to get new drivers into the proper division, sooner. Again this is meant for 3 or more division, but still.

I don't know the maximum number of driver that are allowed in a division, but let's say it's 12 - 14 drivers, that still leave 2 - 4 potential open slots for "newcomers" to run in that race. The regular rules would still apply regard promotion and demotion of drivers from divisions (the top 3 from all but the top Div. 1) get promoted up to the next division, and the bottom 3 from all divisions (expect the bottom division) would get demoted to the next division. Waiting 2 weeks to run the Div. 1 is not a big deal for me. However, there are a lot of people who are fast drivers who do not have the patience to wait 2 or 3 weeks to finally get into some very competitive races. I personally think this is self evident based on the number of laps people set for races in GT5 with a short lap race (5 laps for Tsukuba for example), that's not a race as more like a sprint to the finish. ...okay, I'm getting off-topic, sorry. My point is, I know fast drivers who run clean, and would join a series like this. I know enough people that we should be able to fill Div. 2 and have to start a 3rd division. I'm sure they know people as well, it could grow rather quickly and that's not saying anything about how many people they might be able to bring to the league. IF, and I admit that is a big "if', IF 5-6 people were to join the league, right now, could you deal with that? My guess is "no". The idea I've suggested would allow to address that.

As for your "fictional" driver named "TooFast4U" he is a real person - I've drifted and raced with him before. Your hypothetical situation with TooFast4U to fail showing up for a race or 2 and failed to give notice - I would make him re-qualify, OR I would make him start at the bottom and work their way back you again, as punishment for not notifying the race director about not making the race as planned.

I'm not trying to step on any toes here, I was merely trying to help with something I see as a near future potential outcome. Personally, I'm fine with letting the current rules stand. I merely thought I'd offer a possible alternative to make things smoother based on that I see coming up the road. I had no idea that the idea I brought up would be met with such resistance. I'm sorry if I ruffled the feathers of anyone here, I was merely trying to help - a mistake I will not make again.

Mopar & I will run in Div. 2 and we'll run away with the race and be promoted Div. 1. Running away with a race is not as much fun as having a competitive race, but whatever.

See you all tonight.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to step on any toes here, I was merely trying to help with something I see as a near future potential outcome. Personally, I'm fine with letting the current rules stand. I merely thought I'd offer a possible alternative to make things smoother based on that I see coming up the road. I had no idea that the idea I brought up would be met with such resistance. I'm sorry if I ruffled the feathers of anyone here, I was merely trying to help - a mistake I will not make again.

No offense taken by me, and hopefully none given :)

If I may speak for Zer0, he enjoys and encourages conversation about the league. So, I think we all expect you and everyone else to voice their opinion, politely and intelligently, as you've done 👍 Keep it coming.

See you all tonight.

In the rearview :sly:

While I have not run Div. 2 on a Sunday night, I have run with a lot of the Div. 2 drivers in the Wednesday practice sessions. The reverse grid starts is what keep the racing interesting. I find it to be quite challenging to try and get through the field cleanly from the rear. Most of the time, I am not able to get to the front and am very happy with a third or fourth place finish.

I think tonight would be an excellent time to discuss your most recent post in more detail. There were a lot of things you brought up that would probably be better served by discussing them with our mouths rather than our keyboards. Especially the parts about expansion and our ability to handle growth. However, I didn't feel like the portion of your post quoted above could wait and so I want to address that now.. The last thing I want you to think is that you are "stepping on toes" or "ruffling feathers". My earlier reply to your post was simply to expand on your thoughts, express my thoughts, and attempt to promote discussion about the topic. If you have time to read through some of my other posts, you should be able to find more than a few examples of me doing the same with others. I like to think to think of myself as the "organizer of thoughts" for this league rather than some sort of dictator..

Woah, tuning allowed, did you clear that mit der fuhrer :lol:

Then again, I guess some people do think of me as a dictator.. :lol:

Last edited:
Then again, I guess some people do think of me as a dictator.. :lol:

Glad you're laughing Zer0. I just like to poke fun every once in a while.

<🤬 kissing> I appreciate the atmosphere you've created here and recognize the hard work you put in 👍 </🤬 kissing>

Just want to give a sincere "Thank You!" to Zero5ive for maintaining this very organized thread. It's easy to get to, easy to find information on what I want to see. Also for letting it evolve in name, and regulations. Just a joy to be a part of the S.N.A.I.L League.

Glad you're laughing Zer0. I just like to poke fun every once in a while.

<🤬 kissing> I appreciate the atmosphere you've created here and recognize the hard work you put in 👍 </🤬 kissing>

Okay, jag and cheeb are officially my two favorite snails. Who wants to be my third favorite??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Looks good, sadly, I've been told I have other plans for Friday night 🤬

Woah, tuning allowed, did you clear that mit der fuhrer :lol:

der fuhrer would be the nom. case. the prepositional phrase makes the clause dative because the fuhrer is indirectly involved with "that" which I'm clearing. it should have read mit dem Fuhrer.

As a cyborg, I place little value in friendship, but my mechanical heart had grown three times today. can i be the third Zero. :D

der fuhrer would be the nom. case. the prepositional phrase makes the clause dative because the fuhrer is indirectly involved with "that" which I'm clearing. it should have read mit dem Fuhrer.

Wow, really bad flashback to English class, thanks Diabolic.

As a cyborg, I place little value in friendship, but my mechanical heart had grown three times today. can i be the third Zero. :D

:lol:

Wow, really bad flashback to English class, thanks Diabolic.

:lol:

I loved english class (that's why my degree is in Journalisn) Plus, I've had 7 years of german classes. You were in trouble from the start. :lol:

side note: I just started reading the "www:" trilogy from Robert J. Sawyer and the title page is covered in binary code. Its riveting!

Last edited:
Question, someone had said something about lap times being a 1'57 stock, and 1'56 broke in, just wondering how you had gotten these lap times? Are these what the "Aliens" are running? Just wondering :)

I ran a perfect lap(at my ability level) with a fully broke in car, offline, and ran a 1:57.9xx so if anyone is in the 56's on sport softs they are flying for sure.

I think the setup that is already established as far as the division placement goes is perfect. You have to show, repeatedly, that you belong in DIV.1 by being consistently fast. If you are consistenly fast then you will be there sonner rather than later. With the slowest of DIV.1 and the fastest of DIV.2 constantly changing, it makes everyone become better. It seems that recently there have been a lot of new members, including myself, so it may take a little while for everyone to settle in to where they belong but the system works. It's actually pretty amazing that a system so simple works so well. (props to zero!) It may need tweaks as we get more people but that's a bridge to cross when we get to it i think.

I ran a perfect lap(at my ability level) with a fully broke in car, offline, and ran a 1:57.9xx so if anyone is in the 56's on sport softs they are flying for sure.

Great time. Im not sure if this is true or not, but i had heard the Physics are different Offline vs Online, so if this is true, i would suggest practicing online to get "True" results vs your compitation, just my $0.02

I was in a room earlier and someone had ran a 1'56.265, not sure if they were on SS or RM's tho :nervous:

Great time. Im not sure if this is true or not, but i had heard the Physics are different Offline vs Online, so if this is true, i would suggest practicing online to get "True" results vs your compitation, just my $0.02

I was in a room earlier and someone had ran a 1'56.265, not sure if they were on SS or RM's tho :nervous:
Very true indeed, the online physics are a little "looser" then offline. More data being hustled around online, so some of that computing power is pulled from other areas, like the physics engine, to help move along the online data packets.
Offline I believe will be faster then online. The easiest way to practice, if you dont wanna bunch of people aroumd, is to just race in your lounge. I also believe that the physics change slightly from free run to race in an online lobby to. Ive heard rally bad stories of cars just going to complete crap in a race. Mostly in full races (IE 14+ people) with voice chat enabled. :crazy: Thats why most rooms cap at 12 racers only.

doughboy said he had to go eat i think, he doesnt have a room up yet. Im waiting also. I thought it was suppose to start at 8 Central time, and its 8:30 now, just saying

Back