◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 148,528 comments
After testing all the suggested tracks, the choice was very hard as several were really good. Thanks for the selections. Road Atlanta was really fun. Deep Forest reverse triggered my Snailstolgia hard, bringing me back to beating @Handlebar in the olden times. Tsukuba was great and I ended up doing more than a few test laps.

Grand Valley Highway 1 is the track I choose for the BMW. 2:19:700 lap time. SUNSET will be the time of day. This combo has it all plus I feel bad for telling Racingchamp to kick xrad on Sunday because I didn't want D2 to get DQed. I didn't know d1 dissolved, had I, I would have been more than happy to have you join. Enjoy! :gtpflag:
Thanks for that. However I was just messing around with joining D2. I policed myself there. Happy to see Highway 1 fits the Beemer.

After testing all the suggested tracks, the choice was very hard as several were really good. Thanks for the selections. Road Atlanta was really fun. Deep Forest reverse triggered my Snailstolgia hard, bringing me back to beating @Handlebar in the olden times. Tsukuba was great and I ended up doing more than a few test laps.

Grand Valley Highway 1 is the track I choose for the BMW. 2:19:700 lap time. SUNSET will be the time of day. This combo has it all plus I feel bad for telling Racingchamp to kick xrad on Sunday because I didn't want D2 to get DQed. I didn't know d1 dissolved, had I, I would have been more than happy to have you join. Enjoy! :gtpflag:
I'm glad GVH made the cut. It was my first choice for my prize selection, but I avoided it for just this reason. Good choice.

"I have read the first post and would like to join

@NCSUPKA

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

If all these new drivers actually finish joining and show up Sunday night AND the existing Divisions’ drivers show up we won’t need to make 1 room.
Can D1 show up?

If no drivers show up there is no league. We as veterans kind of have a duty to show up.
So: No drivers, no league.
Show the **** up.
As far as February goes, I will check in AGAIN to see if anyone wants to race in Div 1. Next season, I will only race if the room has 10 or more. It's time to come together in one room. Aliens need more trouble getting to the front. I can't hold off the enthusiasm some drivers display in round 2's. Than again, what else is going on, on a Sunday night?
D2 had no issue with 10 drivers. I was puking Sunday or else D2 would have been larger. Is D1 still disgruntled about racing street cars on racing tires?

Last edited:
Sunday Night Combos.png
Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, March 3rd, 2024 Lineup
February 2024 Season League Night #4

1. BMW M3 '89 on SH Tires @ Grand Valley Highway 1 - S01 Sunset - (7 Laps)
2. Honda S2000 '99 on SM Tires @ Nurburgring Grand Prix Track - S01 Afternoon - (6 Laps)
3. McLaren 650S Gr.4 on RH Tires @ Trial Mountain Circuit - Reverse - S03 Late Morning - (8 Laps)

March 3rd Combos.png

I've been searching my whole lunch break, but can't find the answer to my question lol.. sorry if this is redundant. Trying figure out where we go for the practice lobby tonight?

I've been searching my whole lunch break, but can't find the answer to my question lol.. sorry if this is redundant. Trying figure out where we go for the practice lobby tonight?
Anyone can host a practice lobby at any time. It's not a scheduled event. If you decide to host a practice lobby, just make sure to duplicate the settings that are used on Sundays and make a post here to let others know that you're hosting.

Last edited:
Thursday nights used to be an official practice/recruiting event. It needs to start up again but just like everything else, it would need a volunteer to coordinate.

I joined after the s2000 had left the UCD. This car has been the bane of my existence 😂. I have yet to race all 3 combos.
I'm not a fan of the S2000. I don't like how it understeers. You turn the wheel, and it turns when it wants to. I would much rather drive a car that oversteers.

Last edited:
Understeer? In the last few months every car I've driven in game understeers when braking. The higher the braking force the more dramatic the understeer. You want the thing to turn in? Get off the brakes, or at least get the braking force down under 40%. Have a look at the D2 replay. 2nd lap, Dunlop. Jamcar and I head into that turn and he brakes deep and understeers off track. His braking actually increased the deeper we got into the turn. Frame by frame the replay. He more gave that turn to me than I took it. All he had to do to stay on track was get off the brakes, let it start to oversteer, counter that and let it scrub some more speed, once it was pointed up the hill, stab it and steer it. That Honda will oversteer really well while coasting. It'll spin out quick if you yank it into the turn faster than you can countersteer it though. If, you're not on the brakes.

It would appear that there have been a couple of things added to the lobby setup that SNAIL has not addressed.

The first is a "Setting Option" tab in race settings. This allows for certain things to be adjusted. This setting should read "none." In order to do this, the host must open the option and uncheck all options.

The second is an "Engine Swap" tab that is in the regulation settings. This should be set to "Prohibited."

@Akzl298 , can you make these changes to the Lobby Settings sheet and update that post. These changes will be effective immediately.

Pretty sure I woulda' missed that last year.

What about the bollard things coming out of the second tunnel on the tight right before the second bridge?. I know what the OLR reads. Are those things considered "movable"? They do in fact, "move", just can't displace them.
If they move but stay in place then they are not considered movable. That was added mainly because some individuals insisted on taking out the brake markers at Laguna Seca for turn one.

Understeer? In the last few months every car I've driven in game understeers when braking. The higher the braking force the more dramatic the understeer. You want the thing to turn in? Get off the brakes, or at least get the braking force down under 40%. Have a look at the D2 replay. 2nd lap, Dunlop. Jamcar and I head into that turn and he brakes deep and understeers off track. His braking actually increased the deeper we got into the turn. Frame by frame the replay. He more gave that turn to me than I took it. All he had to do to stay on track was get off the brakes, let it start to oversteer, counter that and let it scrub some more speed, once it was pointed up the hill, stab it and steer it. That Honda will oversteer really well while coasting. It'll spin out quick if you yank it into the turn faster than you can countersteer it though. If, you're not on the brakes.
UNDER-STEER. Something that a car does to ruin your ability to corner fast. SO learn and understand what causes it and how to avoid it. It's really all about grid that the front tires have available. So if your tuning option is FIXED, than learn how to apply the braking forced to the front grip by limiting brake force with YOUR foot at the WRONG time. If you want to begin a turn IN, limit the force used for braking and allow the grip force for turning to have a chance to do its thing. Try coasting at some point when trying to turn. The turning force will INCREASE (a lot). I once learn that GRIP is a force of 100% when stopped and if you need braking than you take away from that percentage, as do many forces on a vehicle. so when you turn, than even MORE is taken along with braking. SO turn more and brake less to maintain a better Grip percentage. Learn those brake points at every turn so you are efficient at turning. In SNAIL we only get our rigs to do the job of controlling a turn. No band aids from tuning options. Like spring and weight shift stuff, or down force parts (wings, ride height, etc.). I know it all sound easy but when you know WHAT, you will learn HOW. Good luck.
1709343801436.jpeg

Last edited:
If they move but stay in place then they are not considered movable. That was added mainly because some individuals insisted on taking out the brake markers at Laguna Seca for turn one.
Don't the off track objects only get affected on ones own screen? That is what I have found in my own testing.

Posted almost a year ago.

No exceptions to the white line rule.
Not using that version of track this Sunday. But thanks and is still true. Always have TWO wheels in the track boundaries. If you go out, re-enter only if clear to avoid contact. It was also suggested to left off the gas for 1 "one-thousand". This could aid in a possible IR settlement.

In addition to lobby divisions, I would love to see large groups for as many division as possible vs more division based on performance history and small groups. a small group is not so exciting and evening of racing. I want to race so i will. Please HOST don't ask the group if they want to call it a night. Racing is good practice after all. Decide to leave on your own terms. Once a HOST always stick with it. or have a backup host. I never have hosted but maybe its something I should try.

Last edited:
Back