◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,596 comments
friend? cyborg make friend?

FRIENDS!! YAY!

010 010 0111

Yes, Cyborg make friend. Just look at "Hue" from Start Trek TNG, he made friends.

Seven of Nine was a cyborg and she made friends.

You have friends. ...Friend.

lol :lol:

Don't worry, tez. Devious ain't the only one onto him.. :odd:

Rally just has that in his personality. I picked up on that last week when we were talking about the race series and a "What If" scenario & the way he responded was Very opinionated and almost hostile. Then his question after my first week?! You do the math, I'll even let you barrow my slide rule if you like. LOL

Yes, Cyborg make friend. Just look at "Hue" from Start Trek TNG, he made friends.

Seven of Nine was a cyborg and she made friends.

You have friends. ...Friend.

lol :lol:

Why do I now have this vision of diabolic having a borg regeneration chamber in his garage that gets used every night.....

youve got one of those? Geez, I haven't seen one in ages. And I wasn't hostile, I am opinionated, strong willed and stubborn. but not hostile.

youve got one of those? Geez, I haven't seen one in ages. And I wasn't hostile, I am opinionated, strong willed and stubborn. but not hostile.

What I said was...
...the way he responded was Very opinionated and almost hostile.
Just relax. Breathe, you're safe & among friends. :) In my previous post, I was going to say that you are a little defensive too, but then thought twice about, but I see I was right on the money with that too. All I'm saying is your personally + your actions have given me enough insight to allow me to see through your question without Zero's translation. :lol:

I thought it was Hugh.

You are correct, it was Hugh. I stand corrected. :D

zer0s lounge will probably be the host for whatever the lowest division is to ensure new racers are headed to the same place.
A snail2 account I'm certain is in the works or already created.

Yes, this is correct. Regardless of how many divisions we have, the lowest division will always race in my lounge. At least until I'm convinced there's a better way to do it. Speaking of which..

I'm sure it's not big deal but if it were me, I would simply make an account for SNAIL Div 2 & 3 so they will have their own rooms each week. This way, regardless of which Division members find themselves they know Exactly with room to go to for the races Sunday night. Not to mention, I would think it would be simpler to instruct new members how to join the races. That's my $0.02.

I've pondered this idea as well. In fact, I have PSN accounts for way more divisions than I ever plan on us using (you know, just in case). The plan for Division2 is the same for Division1. Now that we have three divisions, everyone in D2 will get an invite to just like the D1 drivers do. The plan was to then send all D3 drivers a friend request from the Division3 account and then have them delete my zer05ive account from their friends list. And then going forward, send all new members a friend request from the Division3 account instead of a friend request from my zer05ive account.

The problem with that scenario is that everyone in the league wouldn't all have access to the same account at one time. I've found that it's beneficial to have at least one account that all members have access to. For example, there have been a few occasions when we have been in the Open Lobby and then our host member has to leave only to have the room host change to a pubber who has no idea what he's doing. Another example is when we're in the Open Lobby but we experience lag issues. In both situations, we just say "everyone leave and meet in zer05ive's lounge" and it's not a problem at all because everyone has access to it.

Of course, the logical solution would be to just send all new members an invite from both my zer05ive account and the Division3 account. I just don't like requiring new members to add multiple accounts in order to race with us. I'm also a firm believer that too many PSN accounts on your friends list causes lag. Another problem with just sending a friend request from the Division3 account is that people who haven't raced with us in a while (and only have my access to my zer05ive lounge) wouldn't be able to just show up on "any given Sunday" and be able to race with us. Sorry for rambling, but I was just trying to regurgitate some of the factors I had considered in the past. Thoughts?

Last edited:
What I said was...
Just relax. Breathe, you're safe & among friends. :) In my previous post, I was going to say that you are a little defensive too, but then thought twice about, but I see I was right on the money with that too. All I'm saying is your personally + your actions have given me enough insight to allow me to see through your question without Zero's translation. :lol:

I am not defensive:mad:!!!!(finally got to use it!) Hahaha, just kidding! they need a a smiley with a stick prod. Cause all these questions about the rules, think you weren't happy with the setup here. I don't think there isn't a rule you haven't challenged with your own yet. Poke, poke. :mischievous::sly:
Truth be told, I was asking, cause I was wondering if I had to step up my practicing. But I'm not sure life will allow for that at the moment. Sunday, Monday, and possible Thursdays are what I'm stuck with for now.

running snail practice open lobby
1472-6118-4216-8215-4172

open for a hour or two, will edit when closed

*EDIT* I left the room with ledbedr in it at 5:20 central. assume it's closed.

Last edited:
I've pondered this idea as well. In fact, I have PSN accounts for way more divisions than I ever plan on us using (you know, just in case). The plan for Division2 is the same for Division1. Now that we have three divisions, everyone in D2 will get an invite to just like the D1 drivers do. The plan was to then send all D3 drivers a friend request from the Division3 account and then have them delete my zer05ive account from their friends list. And then going forward, send all new members a friend request from the Division3 account instead of a friend request from my zer05ive account.

The problem with that scenario is that everyone in the league wouldn't all have access to the same account at one time. I've found that it's beneficial to have at least one account that all members have access to. For example, there have been a few occasions when we have been in the Open Lobby and then our host member has to leave only to have the room host change to a pubber who has no idea what he's doing. Another example is when we're in the Open Lobby but we experience lag issues. In both situations, we just say "everyone leave and meet in zer05ive's lounge" and it's not a problem at all because everyone has access to it.

Of course, the logical solution would be to just send all new members an invite from both my zer05ive account and the Division3 account. I just don't like requiring new members to add multiple accounts in order to race with us. I'm also a firm believer that too many PSN accounts on your friends list causes lag. Another problem with just sending a friend request from the Division3 account is that people who haven't raced with us in a while (and only have my access to my zer05ive lounge) wouldn't be able to just show up on "any given Sunday" and be able to race with us. Sorry for rambling, but I was just trying to regurgitate some of the factors I had considered in the past. Thoughts?

I can see a need of using 2 of the friends slots in the friends list for all members of SNAILS (Zer05ive & SNAIL Div #). This way all members have access to the race lobby for Sunday, as well as your lobby as a backup lobby if things turn sour. IF you were to do this, then you would need to send FR to all new members (like you do now) as well as anyone who is changing divisions, each and every week. This is an issue, yes, but you could give the access a SNAIL Div # account to a person you trust so they can take car of the all the needs of that Div on your behave. They could sign-in the account, address the all the FR for the account and send and answer any messages sent for that account. I wold think the person who normally running the Division room is the person to put in charge of that account. This would free you from having to EVERYTHING yourself. If I were you, this is exactly how I would do it, but that's just me. The only real issue I see is find people you trust to access the account on your behave, for the SNAIL League rather than their own agenda. Just a thought.

I am not defensive:mad:!!!!(finally got to use it!) Hahaha, just kidding! they need a a smiley with a stick prod. Cause all these questions about the rules, think you weren't happy with the setup here. I don't think there isn't a rule you haven't challenged with your own yet. Poke, poke. :mischievous::sly:
Truth be told, I was asking, cause I was wondering if I had to step up my practicing. But I'm not sure life will allow for that at the moment. Sunday, Monday, and possible Thursdays are what I'm stuck with for now.

When did I try to change things? I did openly make a suggest regardling the placement of new drivers, but I haven't tried to change anything. I haven't talked to Zero in a PM or a private lobby on PSN and try to change his mind on anything. Feel free to talk to him yourself if you like. I have, however, offered my opinion and thoughts regarding certain aspects of the league, because I have seen a couple things I would change if I were in charge, but I'm not. I have never said "This Needs to be changed."

I've pointed out things, "this" or "that", because I see a potential issue with those potential situations arising and I'm curious to know how they would be addressed if they should come to be. Once I have brought the "issue" to Zero's attention, I have dropped it and not brought it up again. Why? Because this is his league, not mine. When it was made obvious that my input regarding the placement of new incoming drivers was meet with such resistance, I realize that new ideas from out of the blue are not really welcome. Instead, I have waited for others to talk about the topic, and then and ONLY then have I said something about it.

I really like this league, and want to see it grow with least amount of growing pains as possible. I knew thee was going to be a surge of new drivers, hence my suggestion, because the current plan wouldn't work. If my insight is an issue and I'm branded with a Scarlet Letter (I guess a "C" for "changer") then so be it. I'll wear that scarlet letter with pride.

I have only wanted what is best for the group as a whole, period.

Here is the schedule to Doughboy's wednesday night run.

First hour as usual will be running the Sunday combos. No qualifying, just get in and go. since Devious and Mopar have been running practice/school sessions in their lounge daily, this might be the last time I do this on a Wednesday. In the past, this day was usually the first time for all of us to try out the new combos. I'll get some feedback from you guys tonight and make my decision then.

Second hour: Originally I was going to do formula cars for the second hour with these tracks: monza, then suzuka, then cote d'azur, and finally nurburgring F. But since Dirty Spice did not host his TNT last night, we may do cat N mouse tonight. We'll discuss it in the room and whatever people vote for, we'll go with the majority vote.

Short recap for tonight:
First hour: Practice Sunday's combo
Second hour: Play time

Room will be open at 9PM CST. Not 8pm CST. Not 10pm CST. 9:00PM CST

now whos defensive:lol::cool: Dont take me to seriously, I dont take life all that serious. If, on the rare occasion I'm really mad, it will be unmistakably so. I do have a rather, ummm, rude? sense of humor though I guess.

now whos defensive:lol::cool: Dont take me to seriously, I dont take life all that serious. If, on the rare occasion I'm really mad, it will be unmistakably so. I do have a rather, ummm, rude? sense of humor though I guess.

I wasn't being defensive but if that's how you see it.... :boggled: :banghead: I was, however, explaining how things actually went down, instead of a perceived notion of what has transpired. :)

I understand it's all in good fun. We can always settle this on the race track tonight, if needed - Oh wait, we already did that. :lol: :cool:

Seriously though, it's all good. ;) :cool: :cheers:

I have not forgotten about my idea for longer races on Saturdays. I am however waiting to get my schedule for the summer hammered out before I put something together. I am waiting for one more local track to release it's full schedule so I know when I'll be around on Saturdays. I should know this before the end of the week and I will then put a schedule together for the entire summer. I'm looking to start the first Saturday in April and go from there.

I was briefly involved in another group that used a number of psn id's for different types of racing, Casual, Enduro, Organized Races etc. It seemed to me to be a great deal of work to maintain them. Either way Zer0 decides to go, it's going to be a handful to keep everything in sync.

I'm hoping he know's there's a bunch of people here he can call on to help out if need be :)

Wow - I'm humbled by the difference of a traction setting from 1 (my usual) to 0 (in the practice room, today). I'm gonna try some runs where I don't embarrass myself for a bit, but I won't mess up your races until I can believe I'll stay on the course, and I mean sideways-when-I-shouldn't-be-sideways.

TY for trying to help, Chief, and ToLegit.

i ended up with a 1:26.935 today while running laps at autum ring. with a little bit of practice and help, Chief went from not being able to break a 1:30 to running a 1:28.6. Nice job man.👍👍

we recently got our fisker karma in at work !, and sold our murcielago roadster :grumpy: it wasn't a very good car though.
Photo0324.jpg

Photo0151.jpg

Why do I now have this vision of diabolic having a borg regeneration chamber in his garage that gets used every night.....

The regeneration chamber, affectionately named Rusty by my human analog assistant Claire, is far too valuable for housing in some garage which is why it rests in the den. I have also fashioned a portable version to regenerate bits for my controller as I find myself needing 3-4 X and square buttons a night.

hey legit, whats the gas mileage on the fisker:dopey:lol. That thing is crazy looking though. Almost thought it was one of these for a minute.
mitsuoka-orochi-1-450.jpg

Do you get to drive any of those pretty cars you take pictures of?

hey legit, whats the gas mileage on the fisker:dopey:lol. That thing is crazy looking though. Almost thought it was one of these for a minute.

Do you get to drive any of those pretty cars you take pictures of?

yeah it's my job. I drive them all. It all depends on how you drive it as to what kind of mileage you get, it's just like any other car. I haven't put enough time behind the wheel of that one to judge it's economy. Thats the only one I don't work on because It's a hybrid and all. I have video's somewhere of 0-120mph in the F430, R8, and gallardo. I'll post them if I can find them.

I do appreciate that vote of confidence. I don't ever expect to leave the lowest division. I am actually afraid that I'll be the slowest one there going, "It would be nice to find people as slow as me."

But, I don't know that I can keep doing Sundays. For now, I'll pass on running anything on Sunday.

Okay, cool. Thanks for being upfront about it. Let me know if you ever change your mind.

Ill be in Div 3 this week. If Garris is interested in helping run it, I will be there to help him.

leadbedr, since you volunteered to help Garris out, what would you say to running the show in D3 this week?

Back