◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,417 comments
Logitech makes those. Best Buy has them for $139.00. Save up your money and get a G27, also made buy Logitech. Amazon has them for $249.00. Well worth the money!

That's an unfair comparison. ;)

Amazon had the GT for $99 while the G27 was $249.

Many people complain about the pedals on the GT, so I wasn't expecting much. I was actually pleasantly surprised, though, when I got them, as they offer more resistance and felt more realistic than many people whined about. The GT is the "official" wheel of GT5.

The G27 has many upgrades over the GT, but I am more than happy with the wheel that I got for the money. I thought at first that it was a bit of an extravagance, even at that sale price, but the quality of the thing has surprised me in a good way.

We'll see if that keeps up after many, many more hours of use.

I know the seat. Im a mechanic and fabricator by trade. I made a seat using a desk with a metal frame that I had cut down 6 inchs, then made a frame for the the passenger seat from my rx7. wheel attached to the keyboard tray, worked great. But then I moved up here and my place currently is not be enough for all of that. So I made a new one that I can set off in the corner, then I just pull it out, grab my fold up chair, which is seriously looking to get replaced, my bum hates sitting there for hours on end, and I'm all set. And since I already had everything I needed, it cost me a whole lot of nada.

i've been working my DFGT overtime since GT5 was released and it still works like new. very durable. i also just discovered that you can remove the spacers under the table locks, allowing for ataching to a thicker surface.

Rally,

A whole lotta nada... now THAT is my price range. ;-)

Look forward to seein' it.

My wheel (almost never used... unless this stand comes to fruition) is I believe a G-25.

Thanks! For... Nada! er... ? Thanks!

Rallywagon
I know the seat. Im a mechanic and fabricator by trade. I made a seat using a desk with a metal frame that I had cut down 6 inchs, then made a frame for the the passenger seat from my rx7. wheel attached to the keyboard tray, worked great. But then I moved up here and my place currently is not be enough for all of that. So I made a new one that I can set off in the corner, then I just pull it out, grab my fold up chair, which is seriously looking to get replaced, my bum hates sitting there for hours on end, and I'm all set. And since I already had everything I needed, it cost me a whole lot of nada.

My income tax refund helped me by my seat and wheel. I was set up in a recliner with a pillow and my wheel was on a WheelStandPro. I had the DFGT at first which was great! Once I got the G27, holy #€*¥! What a difference. Very quite! If you know what I mean. The Playseat made me much better. Racing with my buddy AJK-VAIL help a little. Just to throw I'm a plug. LOL!
I checked out some fab seats on line and they look great! I have the talent to build one but what the hell I just did the lazy man way and bought one.

LOL, yeah, I've thought about the lazy way, as some of the rigs out there for sale are nice. But I love fabricating, and free beats out paying every time. I mean, I cant pass up free anything, its against my religion. Besides. when I finally get settled in permanently somewhere (moving to chicago soon, then back to michigan a year and a half or so after that) I plan do doing something epic. Like that dude that built the whole interior of the car that GTP did a story on a couple weeks back. Something like that. But with a much cooler interior. Anyway, Im gonna have to dig to find some pictures of my old rig. But I'll snap some picturers of what I'm using. And then you will see why Im going to remake it. What Im using now is just the prototype. A quick slap together so I could use the wheel, so dont hate.

Ok, I'll post a link to my stuff, as I dont wanna load up this thread with a bunch of big pictures. Check it out. Also, if you take a look around, you can see a bunch of pics from GT that I've taken, as well as my rx7, my real life race car, which is still under the knife.

Ok, I'll post a link to my stuff, as I dont wanna load up this thread with a bunch of big pictures. Check it out. Also, if you take a look around, you can see a bunch of pics from GT that I've taken, as well as my rx7, my real life race car, which is still under the knife.

I check out the pics. Thats a great set up. Great fab!👍

I'm not going to pull the quote but $450 for a playseat? Is that really what the evolution is going for now? I guess i got really lucky when I found the original playseat (no mount for shifter) closed out at Walmart. I paid a whopping $88 for mine and couldn't be happier for the money I spent. I was using a driving force pro when i bought it and have since upgraded to the DFGT so I have no need for the shifter mount.

Except for my third place finish at Cape Ring, I drove like hell. Hopefully things improve for Sunday.

For now I'll just blame it on the wheel...

For how long do I get to do that?

I'm not going to pull the quote but $450 for a playseat? Is that really what the evolution is going for now? I guess i got really lucky when I found the original playseat (no mount for shifter) closed out at Walmart. I paid a whopping $88 for mine and couldn't be happier for the money I spent. I was using a driving force pro when i bought it and have since upgraded to the DFGT so I have no need for the shifter mount.

I purchased a Playseat Alcantara. I guess its the new version that came with the shifter holder. The only extra piece I had to buy was the seat slider. You got lucky to find that Playseat for that price. The story of my life. No matter what the price is/was, its a great product.

Ah, I wanted to say how relieved I am that things went well regarding my connectivity/compatibility issues last night. Hopefully that continues into the future. Just being able to get into the room with Hogster and seeing it work made me a bit giddy. In fact, I couldn't even keep the car on the road as I mostly kept checking to see if he was still there. (I'm full of excuses)

I'm planning on dropping some cash for a headset, soon. I've heard that the $100 Sony one is the one to get. Anyone disagree?

Had a blast last night (until I got booted from the lobby). Garris was driving like a champ... Everyone was keeping it pretty clean, even with the tail-happy cars. I found that I really have to stay focused with the NSX... especially going round the ring. I got complacent a few times and ended up in the wall or grass.

Had a blast last night (until I got booted from the lobby). Garris was driving like a champ... Everyone was keeping it pretty clean, even with the tail-happy cars. I found that I really have to stay focused with the NSX... especially going round the ring. I got complacent a few times and ended up in the wall or grass.

Everyone got booted. No idea what happened. Several of us got back on and ran Daytona twice.

The 450 guys were doing a shuffle race, and I think they may have gotten booted, too. So it may have been bigger than our room.

I've been happy with the Turtle Beach P11. It was much less than 100.

same 1 I use.

It was a big drop. I joined an open lobby room and ran dirty games for two hours after and many folks there complained of the same thing. It was weird though, I started seeing cars yo yo and then alittle later I lost complete control of car watched in roll through gas into wall and....disconnect.

Last edited:
I've been happy with the Turtle Beach P11. It was much less than 100.

I just looked at those. I wouldn't mind the wires, but since I run optical audio to the speaker system, I'm not sure that those would work without switching the output from the PS3 every time that I want to use them. Maybe I'm wrong/missing something.

Thanks for your recommendation, though!

Do the Sonys have a mute button?

P.S. Amazon has the Sony ones up for $88 right now, which isn't bad compared to the $50 for the Turtle Beach.

Does that Turtle Beach P11 play the game audio through the ears, too? Or just the voice chat? I've always just used cheap Bluetooth headsets. Jabra, then Blue Ant, now an older Jawbone. Maybe I should invest in a better device because half the time what I say is garbled and people can't understand me. I hear you guys fine, though.

Does that Turtle Beach P11 play the game audio through the ears, too? Or just the voice chat? I've always just used cheap Bluetooth headsets. Jabra, then Blue Ant, now an older Jawbone. Maybe I should invest in a better device because half the time what I say is garbled and people can't understand me. I hear you guys fine, though.

It has two leads, component for the audio (with pass through leads) and USB for the voice. It also has two volume controls.

Ah.. I'd have the same issue as Apmaddock then since I'm all HDMI. Maybe Diabolic lays his down so he can hear the game audio while he's racing and that's why you always hear "No, NO, NOOooooo" way in the distance. :)

It plays full stereo audio.

I've been thinking of incorporating a few races into a not-so-regular schedule and advertising it here. I ran a race with the Vintage Car Racing Club and had great fun doing it, but their times are not very convenient for me. I figured I could run my own using a similar style and bring those of you who are interested into it, as well.

Basically we would be running a race or a few over the course of an hour to 90 minutes, using primarily Standard cars. The idea is to use a car that people might not use very often. Since many of us have very full garages, doing this shouldn't be difficult, but some may require people to find the car one way or another to compete. I would try to let people know long enough in advance so that they can find the car they're looking for either in the UCD or through trading/borrowing.

The races would vary in style, sometimes being a few races with one car on a number of tracks, sometimes several cars in a theme, sometimes just one mini-enduro or the like, but all would be one-make spec racing, just as the official S.N.A.I.L. races are. We may also be running races on custom tracks which would be made available for practice before the event.

Races would be at a similar time to most S.N.A.I.L. activities, starting probably around 10:00 or 10:30 PM EDT, and would adhere to the usual rules set by us and the GTP OLR. The events would, however, have to piggyback on other regular S.N.A.I.L. events, but would likely be less common and switch days to open it up to the most members and not become a rival to any other event.

Basically, I'm posting to ask if there is interest in this. Now that I seem to have conquered most of my internet problems and may have a headset and mic coming soon, I feel more confident in trying to do something like this.

Whaddya think?

It plays full stereo audio.

I've been thinking of incorporating a few races into a not-so-regular schedule and advertising it here. I ran a race with the Vintage Car Racing Club and had great fun doing it, but their times are not very convenient for me. I figured I could run my own using a similar style and bring those of you who are interested into it, as well.

Basically we would be running a race or a few over the course of an hour to 90 minutes, using primarily Standard cars. The idea is to use a car that people might not use very often. Since many of us have very full garages, doing this shouldn't be difficult, but some may require people to find the car one way or another to compete. I would try to let people know long enough in advance so that they can find the car they're looking for either in the UCD or through trading/borrowing.

The races would vary in style, sometimes being a few races with one car on a number of tracks, sometimes several cars in a theme, sometimes just one mini-enduro or the like, but all would be one-make spec racing, just as the official S.N.A.I.L. races are. We may also be running races on custom tracks which would be made available for practice before the event.

Races would be at a similar time to most S.N.A.I.L. activities, starting probably around 10:00 or 10:30 PM EDT, and would adhere to the usual rules set by us and the GTP OLR. The events would, however, have to piggyback on other regular S.N.A.I.L. events, but would likely be less common and switch days to open it up to the most members and not become a rival to any other event.

Basically, I'm posting to ask if there is interest in this. Now that I seem to have conquered most of my internet problems and may have a headset and mic coming soon, I feel more confident in trying to do something like this.

Whaddya think?

Depending on the night, I'd take part in it. I love driving the old cars, way cool. I see myself with driving gloves and a scarf :lol:

Latest Posts

Back