◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,525 comments
I will not be able to participate in this Sundays event.
I was planning on joining in on Saturday nights endurance race again, had a great time last week btw, but real life takes priority once again.
Good luck to all and have fun...

Sandblazter

Awesome practice tonight!!👍 RickyBobby was in for a few races and appears to be a very good driver! I was in close with him a few times and he seems to know how to handle his car around others!👍 And Marcus__Garvey..... :scared: Just wow!

Please clarify:

DFR - White line, bottom of hill next to rock wall: boundary?

DFR - White line top of hill before 1st tunnel: boundary?

DFR - two tires on rumble strip all good? Or have to have two tires on track side of white line hugging rumble strips?

Spa - as long as two tires on rumble strip all is good?

Last edited:
Yes on all points. Two wheels on kerbs is clean. Keep in mind that it may be ruled no penalty based other factors. Did it only happens once and not the drivers normal line? Are they completely out if control or crash and lose time? Did they let off? Pushed out? Etc.

So it looks like the new name and logo of the unified Grand-Am and ALMS has been leaked. I've provided a link below, but don't click on it if you don't like spoilers or are waiting for the official unveiling later today:

SPOILER ALERT: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130313/GRAND_AM/130319924

Hopefully this is inaccurate information because the alleged name is bad and the alleged logo is even worse. 👎

It's not that bad. They could call it squiggle-fart poop racing and the logo would be a perfect double-tapered turd.

So it looks like the new name and logo of the unified Grand-Am and ALMS has been leaked. I've provided a link below, but don't click on it if you don't like spoilers or are waiting for the official unveiling later today:

SPOILER ALERT: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130313/GRAND_AM/130319924

Hopefully this is inaccurate information because the alleged name is bad and the alleged logo is even worse. 👎

I don't care what they call it, my cable provider still won't carry a station that will carry a race, so I'll only see highlights on FaceTubes.

It's not that bad. They could call it squiggle-fart poop racing and the logo would be a perfect double-tapered turd.

I don't know.. the helmet looks like only Jay Leno could where it.. I get that they were going for an "artsy silhouette" of a helmet, but it's lame.. Were they trying to spell something at first? There's a "C" at the top of the logo.. Whatever the case may be, it just seems very "amateur".. very half-assed..

I don't care what they call it, my cable provider still won't carry a station that will carry a race, so I'll only see highlights on FaceTubes.

What cable provider do you have? Time to switch!

To both of you.. Going back to this.. What if you two were co-hosts of the event? Would that make it more feasible? dabneyd has offered scorekeeping help already, but not sure if that was just for a multi-class series or if he'd be willing to help run the parity series again (like he did before).

Today i was racing in a Portuguese room and there was this guy there telling the others that he can put any car's engine in any other car!!!! I didn't feel like getting into the conversation at all but after leaving the room i was like... Whaaaat? Yeah, he was telling this other guy to send him a nascar car (that has a V8 engine) and he would install a V10 Viper engine on it!
Well, i've been into granturismo for a long time and i've never heard of such thing as engine transfusions?!?
What you guys say about this? Doesn't it sound like total bull?

It's been around since previous versions of GT and very common in GT5 past couple weeks.

Yeah, it's broken.

Isn't that just those hybrids, Schmiggz? Red Bulls with 100,000 bhp, Civics with 3000 bhp etc?

I have no idea Tez... but this guy, aparently puts a red bull engine in your honda civic.... in this game!!!!! I was like...whaaaaaat? :crazy: Never though such was possible since you don't have that kind of tuning available in the game but skills already suggested me that it might be possible trough your computer....💡
Man... that's an area waaaay beyond my technological knowlegement :yuck:

I have no idea Tez... but this guy, aparently puts a red bull engine in your honda civic.... in this game!!!!! I was like...whaaaaaat? :crazy: Never though such was possible since you don't have that kind of tuning available in the game but skills already suggested me that it might be possible trough your computer....💡
Man... that's an area waaaay beyond my technological knowlegement :yuck:

That would be such a Major Hack! Highly Do not believe it!
Did he also say that he could put Cristiano Ronaldo as the driver?....

Anyways and changing subject.... I was very excited to finally be able to practice with the D1 guys so last night i filled my lungs, took a deep breath and prepared myself to kick those D1 guys a s s e s, eheheheh.
Now, I don't really know how i feel about such experience since my a s s was simply burned down by them!!!! like.... i don't get it!!!! How the **** can this guys be so damn quick??? I saw Hillracing passing me and 3 corners after he was gone!!! What kind of steroids do you guys feed your playstations?
That's it... for now on i'm practicing with D4 and D5 guys before i lose confidence in myself and start questioning everything about my driving.

Anyways and changing subject.... I was very excited to finally be able to practice with the D1 guys so last night i filled my lungs, took a deep breath and prepared myself to kick those D1 guys a s s e s, eheheheh.
Now, I don't really know how i feel about such experience since my a s s was simply burned down by them!!!! like.... i don't get it!!!! How the **** can this guys be so damn quick??? I saw Hillracing passing me and 3 corners after he was gone!!! What kind of steroids do you guys feed your playstations?
That's it... for now on i'm practicing with D4 and D5 guys before i lose confidence in myself and start questioning everything about my driving.

I feel the same way when I'm against worst driver, and I'm in D1 too

Trust me Schmiggz, the best thing you can do is run with the guys in D1 and then save and WATCH THE REPLAYS! You'll learn a ton! It will not kill your confidence, it should actually boost it from what you'll be able to learn.

Worst, Hill and Owens aren't just quick lap artists, they actually know how to race. There's a big difference. Their ability to make moves and passes is amazing.

I feel the same way when I'm against worst driver, and I'm in D1 too

It's not just you danger...I feel that way too. :)

Nicktunes got it. Bruce Lee said there are three levels to anything. The first is when you know nothing. You have little expectations and knowledge. You actually do better at this level then the second, because you're just doing it without thinking to much about. Then you move on to the second level. At this level you're gaining knowledge, you see what you do right and wrong, you begin to gain technique, but you will do worse because you think about everything you are doing. Then you get to the third level, where technique and knowledge is so in grain that you don't have to think about it. It just comes natural, much like the first level
I find this to be true with pretty much everything in life. I've also found it to be true that the only way to get better is to compete against better racers.

... the best thing you can do is run with the guys in D1 and then save and WATCH THE REPLAYS!

This is what I feel is the most important part of Wed practice. Trying to follow the fast crew on track doesn't really help. I sat out the second race with the Nissan last night and watch Worst methodically pick his way through the field with quiet, owens and hill all in toe. It's amazing to see how little brake all of them use during a lap.

The other thing I took away from watching was the patience with which all of them got around other cars. Races are not won on lap one, corner one...👍

The other thing I took away from watching was the patience with which all of them got around other cars. Races are not won on lap one, corner one...👍

Patience is the key my friend. Like a hunter you need to wait for the right shot. 👍

And about braking, brakes are your enemy, try to use them as less as you can and if you have to, do it quickly.

Just a little tip: Instead of getting on off the gas during cornering, only give throttle when you're sure that can held it all the way down.

I don't know if that could help you guys, but I could take pictures of where I brake on diffcult corners and post them here with a little advice for you ?
I'd be glad to do that. :)

Not that I'm a pro at braking. I do feel that is a spot the keeps me from being "worst driver" good. However I do know that progressive pressure is key. Bring on the initial hard and and release progressively. Once you set the nose and scuff some speed it doesn't take much brake pressure. Also try a modulating brake motion.

Adding some tension to the pedal. Like a stiffer spring could benefit too.

There is a progressive spring available for the G27. Not nixim's another. It's rumored to be awesome.

I don't know if that could help you guys, but I could take pictures of where I brake on diffcult corners and post them here with a little advice for you ?
I'd be glad to do that. :)[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOO!!! I want you to come over my house $50,00/hour 💡

One good note... If you see any if the hybrids on YouTube... Very, very, amazingly, obvious they are brokenly overpowered.

As in... Cannot hide it.

Back