◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,639 comments
And the Honda Civic has a GM designed 4cyl diesel in europe as the Saturn vue had a Honda V6 here, Chevy has also had help from lotus and Mercury Marine, the SHO Taurus had a Yamaha designed engine, Mercedes motors in chryslers for some time now but the Holden and Vauxhall are both GM owned with all american engineered running gear then i would say that means they are both american, they can still drive without their Austrailian bodies:sly:

Okay so moperlover closes off the grid for the experimental race. I'll update everything as soon as I get back home.

Thanks Schmiggz, glad I didnt ask multiple times to join in on this...
BTW, since sarcasm doesn't translate, that was oozing with it.

Holden and Vauxhall are both GM owned with all american engineered running gear then i would say that means they are both american, they can still drive without their Austrailian bodies:sly:

Then why was there a big song and dance over the Camaro having the running gear from the Monaro if it's 100% American (same goes for the new SS)?

Heading to D1 to try out the Mullet Mafia Car.

5 snails in D1

Mullet mafia headed in!

Never mind. They are running the 69 for this Sunday. I don't have one stock. I'm wanting to dial in my Iroc some. :/

R U Faster then a Redneck: please don't do this on Friday or Saturday nights. If so ill have to pass on it. Any other day is a go. Even Sunday up till the event.

69' Camaro isn't a Mullet car gentlemen. 80's Camaro's are! 3rd Gens.

Where's the new combos at guys? I've went back a few pages and can't find them.

Last edited:
Continuing on the redneck topic. Would it be a good idea to maybe add ballast on the guys that are in d1 if they go up against someone in d5? I realize this would probably be difficult to apply but we are all gentlemen here and this is supposed to be in good fun. So, if this sort of thing is implemented, I expect the fine racers here to honor this suggestion for the sake of friendly competition. Naturally the ballast amount would be proportional to the gap in division. For example; D1 vs. D5 would have the largest ballast adjustment as opposed to D2 vs. D3. Once again I realize this would be difficult to do but it seems to work for many real world racing series like most touring car championships.

Continuing on the redneck topic. Would it be a good idea to maybe add ballast on the guys that are in d1 if they go up against someone in d5? I realize this would probably be difficult to apply but we are all gentlemen here and this is supposed to be in good fun. So, if this sort of thing is implemented, I expect the fine racers here to honor this suggestion for the sake of friendly competition. Naturally the ballast amount would be proportional to the gap in division. For example; D1 vs. D5 would have the largest ballast adjustment as opposed to D2 vs. D3. Once again I realize this would be difficult to do but it seems to work for many real world racing series like most touring car championships.

Say

D1 = 530pp
D2 = 531pp
D3 = 532pp
D4 = 533pp
D5 = 534pp

Thanks Schmiggz, glad I didnt ask multiple times to join in on this...
BTW, since sarcasm doesn't translate, that was oozing with it.

Aaawww Wagon... you're right buddy. You want the redneck team right? So my apologies to Moperlover but in fact Rallywagon asked before to be part of this. Hopefully is going to be successful and a lot of people will have the pleasure to join........... I hope :)

Don't worry about it. Mopar can take the spot. I just wanted to give you a hard time for it. Besides, I'd rather be running some touge...

So, here we go:

EXPERIMENTAL SESSION OF "R U FASTER THAN A S.N.A.I.L. REDNECK" FINAL PARTICIPANT LIST, BASIC RULES AND EVENT SETTINGS:

TEAM S.N.A.I.L. REDNECKS CLASS:
Mopar440(D5), Martin20az(D1), RickyBobby(D1), OwensRacing(D1), 2ArmedMen(D3), QuietStorm(D1), NickTune(D1) and Moperlover(D4)

TEAM S.N.A.I.L. IMPORTS CLASS:
Schmiggz(D3), Albtifosi(D4), WolfSatz(D3), GTPDangerZone641(D1), Adventuruss(D1), VagStar(D4), DriftAssassin(D5) and DaPandaBear(D3)

Competition Settings:

- Every one of the 16 racers will prepare 2 cars of he's class. One with max pp of 525 that will use sports medium tires and the other with a max pp of 585 that will use sports soft tires.

- Rednecks will use the common called muscle cars where Saleen S7, Shelby Series 1, Mustangs, Corvettes, Vipers and Camaros are obviously included.

- Imports are free to use any available drivetrain car (FF, FR, MR, RR or 4WD)

- Holden, Lexus, Scion, Acura and Infiniti are considered imports.

- Every race will have 1 lap for qualification and 3 laps of competition in a head-to-head format, (1 redneck vs 1 import).

- Before the event starts a import racer line up is going to be draw to determine which one starts first, second, third until the eight.

- The import drivers choose they're redneck opponent.

- The redneck drivers choose if the race is going to be with a 525 or 585 car

- No more than 4 races can be held with each of the selected pp cap.

- On each race, only the 2 opponents go in the track.

- The team with most victories wins the competition.

- If there's a draw, each team chooses a driver to a final 9th race.

- Only ABS is aloud.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

- This is a TEAM competition. If you lose your race doesn't mean that your team is going to lose the clash.

- Every one of the 16 drivers should post they're car choices ASAP

- Every one of the 16 drivers should post they're track choice ASAP

- The track with more votes will be "the chosen one"

- AS SOON AS WE HAVE A LIST OF 16 525'S CARS AND 16 585'S CARS AND A TRACK WE CAN FINALLY BOOK A DATE AND A ROOM.....hmmmm date and room sounds good for some reason :D

AGAIN, THIS EVENT WILL BE EXPERIMENTAL AND THE BASE OF WHAT ONE DAY WILL BE THE GREAT, FAMOUS AND WORLDWIDE KNOWN "R U FASTER THAN A S.N.A.I.L. REDNECK?"

Last edited:
Don't worry about it. Mopar can take the spot. I just wanted to give you a hard time for it. Besides, I'd rather be running some touge...

Aaaaarrrrrhhhhhggggg..... OK... MOPERLOVER, YOU'RE IN

PS: Imports team moto is: They drive the American pride.... we drive real cars! :) :) :)

Last edited:
So, here we go:

EXPERIMENTAL SESSION OF "R U FASTER THAN A S.N.A.I.L. REDNECK" FINAL PARTICIPANT LIST, BASIC RULES AND EVENT SETTINGS:

TEAM S.N.A.I.L. REDNECKS CLASS:
Mopar440(D5), Martin20az(D1), RickyBobby(D1), OwensRacing(D1), 2ArmedMen(D3), QuietStorm(D1), NickTune(D1) and Moperlover(D4)

TEAM S.N.A.I.L. IMPORTS CLASS:
Schmiggz(D3), Albtifosi(D4), WolfSatz(D3), GTPDangerZone641(D1), Adventuruss(D1), VagStar(D4), DriftAssassin(D5) and DaPandaBear(D3)

Competition Settings:

- Every one of the 16 racers will prepare 2 cars of he's class. One with max pp of 525 that will use sports medium tires and the other with a max pp of 585 that will use sports soft tires.

- Rednecks will use the common called muscle cars where Saleen S7, Shelby Series 1, Mustangs, Corvettes and Camaros are obviously included.

- Imports can only use FR drivetrain cars where Holden, Lexus, Scion, Acura and Infinity are also included.

- Every race will have 1 lap for qualification and 3 laps of competition in a head-to-head format, (1 redneck vs 1 import).

- Before the event starts a import racer line up is going to be draw to determine which one starts first, second, third until the eight.

- The import drivers choose they're redneck opponent.

- The redneck drivers choose if the race is going to be with a 525 or 585 car

- No more than 4 races can be held with each of the selected pp cap.

- On each race, only the 2 opponents go in the track.

- The team with most victories wins the competition.

- If there's a draw, each team chooses a driver to a final 9th race.

- Only ABS is aloud.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

- This is a TEAM competition. If you lose your race doesn't mean that your team is going to lose the clash.

- Every one of the 16 drivers should post they're car choices ASAP

- Every one of the 16 drivers should post they're track choice ASAP

- The track with more votes will be "the chosen one"

- AS SOON AS WE HAVE A LIST OF 16 525'S CARS AND 16 585'S CARS AND A TRACK WE CAN FINALLY BOOK A DATE AND A ROOM.....hmmmm date and room sounds good for some reason :D

AGAIN, THIS EVENT WILL BE EXPERIMENTAL AND THE BASE OF WHAT ONE DAY WILL BE THE GREAT, FAMOUS AND WORLDWIDE KNOWN "R U FASTER THAN A S.N.A.I.L. REDNECK?"

Since each of us is choosing a car for himself alone, then we can use standard cars right?

Are we allowed to tune? I thought I read that we are, but I don't remember for sure.

8698080402_d089d69bf7_z.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Side note: I wish I wouldn't have hesitated... I hope the Redneck gig takes off!! Good luck to you all and can't wait to hear about the results!!👍👍

For the Rednecks: Don't forget about the Vipers and the GT40!!

Last edited:
I pick the Shelby series 1 for R U faster then redneck :)

chevelle 4 me :D

You will need 2 cars. 1 with 525pp and 1 with 585pp

Since each of us is choosing a car for himself alone, then we can use standard cars right?

Are we allowed to tune? I thought I read that we are, but I don't remember for sure.

Yes, premium or standard doesn't matter as long is FR. Yes tune one of them to 525pp and the other to 585pp.

RULES AND SETTINGS ARE POSTED ON PAGE 1376. PLEASE CONSULT IT

Schmiggz
You will need 2 cars. 1 with 525pp and 1 with 585pp

Yes, premium or standard doesn't matter as long is FR. Yes tune one of them to 525pp and the other to 585pp.

RULES AND SETTINGS ARE POSTED ON PAGE 1376. PLEASE CONSULT IT

the Viper GTS is my 585 car and the Shelby is my 525 car. secondary 525 car is Superbird

So, here we go:
One point to be aware of is the divisional lounges will only allow 15 people to join. The last spot is for the divisional account.

One thought is you could do time slots. Say 8 people from 10-11 and then the second set from 11-12. This would mean that people would not have to sit around for two hours to take part in one 3 lap race. This could also allow someone who could not make it for two hours still take part. It could also allow you to have more than 16 participants.

One last thing. It seems a bit unfair saying the imports can only drive FR if the rednecks can drive MR like the Saleen and Ford GT.

Regardless sounds like you guys are going to have fun:)

If rms are allowed my lineup is corvette zo6 (c5) '04 @ 525 pp. challenger r/t rm '70 @ 585.

Also on joby's point imports can drive euro cars that have muscle style but Mericans can't drive import style American cars

Last edited:
Also on joby's point imports can drive euro cars that have muscle style but Mericans can't drive import style American cars

The TV episodes that I saw had Mustangs, Camaros and the odd Charger. I never saw any import style American cars....but they did all have funky names so you need to have those thought of for them :D

Back