◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 148,517 comments
Looking good @yuhboiari ! I'm liking the red.

I'm a bit envious of everyone's amazing livery skills. I'm been working on getting 3 cars done for Canada Day. My first livery on GT7 so keep your expectations low. Just adding a few stickers to the boring Chrome I've been using since GT5.

It's my love for chrome and The Fantastic Four that inspired the Norrin Radd thing.

Anyhow, off to finish the last car and take some pics.
Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Looking good @yuhboiari ! I'm liking the red.

I'm a bit envious of everyone's amazing livery skills. I'm been working on getting 3 cars done for Canada Day. My first livery on GT7 so keep your expectations low. Just adding a few stickers to the boring Chrome I've been using since GT5.

It's my love for chrome and The Fantastic Four that inspired the Norrin Radd thing.

Anyhow, off to finish the last car and take some pics.
Enjoy your weekend everyone!
I'll see if I can make one for you and share it so u could jaut download it from my profile

2024-06-30 Combos.jpg

I'm back and I'm quite happy to be racing this sunday after missing the last two weeks. I'll take on hosting and scoring duties as usual. Looking forward to see you guys on track !

Going to open a practice lobby around 330pm pst (little over an hour from now) if anyone is interested. I'll update this post when I do and feel free to send a friend request if we aren't friends yet. I usually open a friends only lobby.

Lobby open- closed round 2 will be tricky.

Last edited:
This week's Donkey Kong Challenge:

Moby Dick Intermediate Drifting 1

Level 1 - 1000
Level 2 - 6500
Level 3 - 11,500
Level 4 - 46,050

What level are you?

Open to all SNAIL (past & present) members

Cooling things off a bit from the recent chili peppers, this one is a little more controller friendly.

Did you say that you cooled things off lol? Nope...too much 🌶 🌶 🌶 🌶 🌶!!!
Did manage level 2 with the controller. How in the world are top 10 getting 40-50k.?

Going to open a practice lobby around 330pm pst (little over an hour from now) if anyone is interested. I'll update this post when I do and feel free to send a friend request if we aren't friends yet. I usually open a friends only lobby.

Lobby open
Room name? Trying to find it

Did you say that you cooled things off lol? Nope...too much 🌶 🌶 🌶 🌶 🌶!!!
Did manage level 2 with the controller. How in the world are top 10 getting 40-50k.?
Did you notice just how much easier it is with a controller to initiate a drift? Just leave it in whatever gear they give you, floor it and turn in. Car seems to have a natural state of buoyancy in a drift for the left hander, the transition into the right turn is the troublesome area. Can't seem to replicate that feeling with a wheel, and struggle to score even 2k in points.

Here's some poor quality clips from last week GT86 combo

Important bits: (video time)
  1. // 0:21 You want to be done with the braking before the apex. The car understeer under braking. You also want to coast a tiny bit because the car has great rotation off throttle. You want to be on throttle before apex.

2. // 0:24 Throttle reduction to maintain grip
  3. // 0:40 Same as number 1 + dip in 2nd gear for rotation... back to 3rd before the apex.
  4. // 0:55 Long trail-braking (20% or less ) for stabilisation and speed reduction.
  5. // 1:20 From here the rest of the lap is bad. I overshot every corner

Here's a slightly better 2nd half

Important bits: (video time)
  1. // 0:08 Same as number 1 and number 4 ( The low speed corners are all the same )
  2. // 0:25 Throttle lift for rotation. Braking here = understeer. If you climb on the rumble strip you may get a lot of rotation.
  3. // The last turn is still garbage. I'm sure there's a 2:03 lap.
Note: The car placement and footwork is pretty much the same whatever car you are using. I could have written the same thing with a GR3 car.

Did you notice just how much easier it is with a controller to initiate a drift? Just leave it in whatever gear they give you, floor it and turn in. Car seems to have a natural state of buoyancy in a drift for the left hander, the transition into the right turn is the troublesome area. Can't seem to replicate that feeling with a wheel, and struggle to score even 2k in points.

It's so much easier to drift with the controller. I was leaving it in 2nd for both sections, no aids, and finding the second section much easier...if I nailed the transition. Typically 2400+ in the first and 3800+ in the second .

Went and watched some videos and apparently they are using 3rd gear, but couldn't find any videos hitting even level 2.

I'll be free to use the wheel again by early evening, so may give it a go if I'm feeling well enough. Good challenge this week. Pushing me to do something I've never been comfortable or good at. Love it!

Last edited:
Back