◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,809 comments
Are we running this weekend?
In case you are looking for a notification of an answer, no there is no official race this weekend. And I'm not sure if anyone unofficial is planned. There was talks about something unofficial in the last 2 pages of comments on here

Since we have 2 weeks off and my bonus check was larger than expected i picked up assetto corsa and pcars2 from the playstation store last night so i will be playing with those mostly for the next 2 weeks. Probably spinning off track constantly while i search for semi useful ds4 settings but it'll be a nice pallet cleanser as we reboot for the new year.

Since we have 2 weeks off and my bonus check was larger than expected i picked up assetto corsa and pcars2 from the playstation store last night so i will be playing with those mostly for the next 2 weeks. Probably spinning off track constantly while i search for semi useful ds4 settings but it'll be a nice pallet cleanser as we reboot for the new year.
Did you have PCARS 1?

Here are some good fairly easy-to-drive race and road cars to give you a start:

Ginetta G40, Renault Clio Cup & BMW M3 Group A for low powered race cars

Toyota GT86 & KTM X-Bow R for road cars. X-Bow R is surprisingly grippy in PCars2

Olsbergs MSE RX Supercar Lite (a beginner's rallycross car) has enough power to slide through e-brake turns and what not but not so much to always spin you. A good way to get a taste of how rallycross drives

Radical SR3-RS for a taste of prototype aero handling. It has around 250 hp and so light you barely notice the lack of ABS. But that's if you like to keep everything authentic, otherwise you can put ABS, TC, and Stability Control on any car.

@IceWarden i did have pcars1 and i just never could find a comfortable setting for the ds4 always too twitchy or too numb. I could barely do a lap without spinning ever. I dont hold out much hope for things being better now but i'll never know until i try it. Booting up assetto corsa first right now.

Testing some options for the weekend (Saturday) as a holiday event

0474-6110-5816-6717-8564

Edit : Had to close room due to delayed input from controls to game

Edit: restarted PS4. Opens room. Problem persist.

Major opens room, problem persists.

Screw this.

If you guys want to do something for the weekend, please go shead. Im out unless the problem clears up

Going to PCars now to see if the same thing is happening there

Edit: even before i started pcars i saw the delay going through ps4 menus

I shut everything down. Unplug it from the wall. Problem solved.

Grab a gr3/grb road car, gr b rally car, gr1 race car and join for testing
0474-6110-5274-4321-6452

Last edited:
We are not alone...

alien2.jpg

Famous Faces
faces 1.jpg

faces 2.jpg

Yes, im not too sure what to do

Just follow the instructions that were given to you and you'll be good to go. Check this thread regularly to stay up to date with practice lobbies and current combos. Our official races are on Sunday nights, but with the holidays we wont be back racing until January 7th. Cheers

@RDCRAMSHACKLE

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @JLBowler, @nmcp1,@zer05ive ,@Rednose58 &, @MajorBlixem as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Let's set this up for Saturday night at 9:00 PM Eastern Time.

Goals:
  • have fun.
  • pick your rival and try to beat him. We're not "equalizing" performance.
  • If you want to team up with someone, we can make some team points and you can coordinate liveries....
  • there will be a pitstop or two - sometimes your rival screws up his strategy and then you have bragging rights...:lol:
  • first come first serve. (teams get priority)
  • if room fills up quickly, then someone can open a second room. Hopefully there will be enough info here to set up the rooms correctly.
  • @SAMHAIN85 will keep score
Format:
Three races of 25 minutes each
Standard SNAIL settings, except where stated otherwise below

Race 1: (These cars are not eligible for Sunday night SNAIL Racing)
Gr B / Gr 3 Road Cars (Class N500) : Lap times varied from mid 2:15 to 2:20 ish
Mitsubishi LANCER EVOLUTION FINAL EDITION GR.B ROAD CAR
Subaru WRX GR.B ROAD CAR
Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car
Chevrolet CORVETTE C7 Gr.3 ROAD CAR
Ford MUSTANG Gr.3 ROAD CAR
Mazda ATENZA Gr.3 ROAD CAR
Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 Road Car (N500)
Track: Auto Drome Lago Maggiore - GP 04:50 Clear

Qualify as per SNAIL procedure
BOP is on
Max tire is SS, Min tire SH (you can choose what you want)
Tire wear and fuel consumption set at 3 times
Fuel starting level is at 60 Liters
Race 2: (Reverse Grid) (lap times around 1:34 should be ok)
Gr.B Rally Cars (Set all to default - Gentleman's agreement)
AUDI SPORT QUATTRO SI PIKES PEAK 1987
FORD FOCUS GR.B RALLY CAR
FORD MUSTANG GR.B RALLY CAR
HONDA NSX GR.B RALLY CAR
HYUNDAI GENESIS GR.B RALLY CAR
MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION FINAL EDITION GR.B RALLY CAR
NISSAN GT-R GR.B RALLY CAR
PEUGEOT RCZ GR.B RALLY CAR
SUBARU WRX GR.B RALLY CAR
TOYOTA 86 GR.B RALLY CAR
Track: Colorado Springs - Lake 13:10 Clear

By default there is no tire wear or fuel consumed, so there won't be a pit stop
There is no BOP option, so Gentleman's agreement default settings
Race 3 (Reverse Grid) Laptimes will dip below 1:20 (Fastn yer bra straps and remove yer false teeth.... this is going to be faaaast!!!)
Gr.1 Race Cars (BOP on) (No VGT cars)
AUDI R18 TDI AUDI SPORT TEAM JOEST 2011
NISSAN GT-R LM NISMO 2015
PEUGEOT 908 HDI FAP TEAM PEUGEOT TOTAL 2010
PORSCHE 919 HYBRID PORSCHE TEAM 2016
TOYOTA TS030 HYBRID 2012
TOYOTA TS050 HYBRID TOYOTA GAZOO RACING 2016
Track: Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa 19:30 Clear

Max tire is Racing Super Soft, Min tire RH (you can choose what you want)
Tire wear and fuel consumption set at 3 times
Fuel starting level is at Default (Full tank)​
Let me know if I missed something

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_1113898.html

At the following time, we will perform maintenance on the 'Gran Turismo Sport' servers. A new game update will also be available after the maintenance.
Please note that during this time the online services, including [Sport Mode], will not be available.

[Day & Time]
December 21, 2017: 20:00 – 22:00 PST

* The above time is subject to change.

Hopefully this update will also bring back the community features that GT6 had.

I did a few daily races last night and I was able to get my SR rating back to S. That pretty much means (do not contest against aggressive drivers)

However, my experience with Cat & Mouse defensive skills have proven very useful. So, usually as long as you protect the inside @TBongX 'nese like if traffic hits you from the back it usually does not penalize you at all, it penalizes the car behind.

After a few runs at Brands Hatch with the GR3 Peaugot that car is awesome! @Grandpa Money G$ I only manage to pull a few laps by my lonesome at Alsace II with this marvel. Fast and easy to drive.

Then I got bored and set to make a few liveries. 1st, I present you another @TEX36 Tribute!
A bit different. The Wheels are not painted, that is the way the come from the mileage exchange, and I think it looks very good with just the edge of the wheel on blue. This is done in Championship White and no racing stripes. Hope you like!

20171221123615 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171221123605 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171221123553 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171221123542 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171221123532 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

And welcoming winter, I created this on the last day of Fall.

20171221123704 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171221123654 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171221123639 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171221123627 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

With this big update coming later tonight knowing more cars will be added, questioning if another track is going to be added plus the GT League single player campaign being added to the game, i am so :):) that this is the last weekend without being able to play on the PS4 system. I will be writing a fun Twas the night before Christmas here on Sunday from the excitement of just one day left over the weekend to start playing. Be prepared you guys have a competitor on his way :cheers: :lol:. See you guys and gals in a bit after this weekend.

I can't seem to find anything, is there a historical scores sheet where you can look back at old pole position lap times for combos?
There's not a single place where you can see them all, but you can find them by going through the archived results' sheets. Links to the archived results can be found in the "Results Archive Links" column in the "SNAIL Links" sheet of the "SNAIL Data" spreadsheet.

2017-12-21_whereToFindOldPolePositions.png

Hey guys, Thought I'd post an update here for those that don't follow the Snails Racing for real thread (...You should! Lots of real talent in here!)

Just uploaded this morning, it's of myself trying to navigate through some slow people with more HP than talent... And at the end is my fastest lap that race which was good enough for a new track record!

Hey guys, Thought I'd post an update here for those that don't follow the Snails Racing for real thread (...You should! Lots of real talent in here!)

Just uploaded this morning, it's of myself trying to navigate through some slow people with more HP than talent... And at the end is my fastest lap that race which was good enough for a new track record!

Really good footage man! Perfect camera placement too! What kind of engine do you have that sounds like that or is the audio not picking it up properly? Good car control and patience man. Now I wanna go into PCars 2 and set up a race with Formula Rookie, Track Day A, Road Car C (I think that has the Caterham) and set their AI to something low and see how many I can pass!

Latest Posts

Back