★☆★ S.T.a.R. Racing League | S.pec, T.uners, & R.acecars! | ☆★☆ Grid spots OPENOpen 

• Thread starter Luv2Coach
  • 2,301 comments
I misinformed you guys on PSN. We've had 26+ drivers!! Here is what I'm thinking needs to be done in order to be prepared for drivers who show up on a consistent basis. (1) Divisions (TT procedure below) (2) Hosts/room director (3) Stewards (4) Techie squad to help us with how to upload video for stewards to review replays and such.

1. I'm thinking we start with two divisions, and if everyone shows up this week we will need them. Even if we have only 8 in each division it will give other drivers a better opportunity to get a podium and possible prize selection. I will put the TT procedure at the end of this post.
2. We need at least 2 hosts for each division. A primary and a backup. More wouldn't hurt. If (and it's very possible) we go with 2 divisions this week the host opposite me may need to host in a public room. It depends on how quickly we est. divisions providing hosts time enough to FR all the division drivers. Otherwise host a public room with the title, "S.T.a.R Racing League". Please do your best to maintain our regulations and procedures for any curious drivers. Hosts need to also manage the room and follow our procedures.
3. We need two stewards (at least one) for each division. As it stands we have me & Whitey093. Let me know if you are interested, but please be very familiar with the OLR if you decide to volunteer.
4. Techies needed!! First priority is to help with replays uploading so stewards can view. Stewards will review the races from another division, not their own. This helps maintain objectivity. Subjective stewards will not work. Later as we evolve the techies can help with other stuff...whatever that may be.

This is just the tip of my racing mind. I will say that this league cannot exist without you guys and others to come. I cannot do this alone and I never claimed that either. I have been in communication with BustedFoSho, LongbowX, and Whitey093 as far as helping run this league. We have not gone into any specifics but I'm sure we will in the very near future. If you are interested in helping in some way, please let us know.

This thread will be the primary source of league information. I cannot continue to use PSN as it is very limited in text space and difficult to disseminate to a big population. Please check this thread for information and updates. The new GTP is easier to use and will notify you if you wish, of any posts on this thread.

Now for the TT procedure. Please send me your times on PSN or a PM (used to be Private Message but is now a "Conversation").

TT instructions:
In GT5 go to Arcade Mode and select Time Trial. Click the World Circuits tab and go to Fuji F. Your Favorites will come up as default cars. Select Arcade Only tab and scroll right until you get to the Super Leggera. When you select the car you will get the Options Menu. Select Sports Hard tires and make sure all aids are Off (you may use Driving Line & ABS if desired). Set Grip to Real and you're ready to run!!!

Run laps until you are satisfied with your best time and please turn in a valid time. If your best time is in red, it is not valid. If you "fudge" on your time, it will show on race day. Just be honest.[

Thank you ALL for join S.T.a.R. and making this a great experience for everyone who races here.

With a sincere heart,
COACH

Last edited:
My Arcade mode freezes whenever I exit any of the four lobbies. This happening to anyone else? At least it saves on Exit but the Arcade Mode Home screen won't fully load.

I like the new division idea. I'd also like to be a part of the behind the scenes work. Each week I will take pictures of the races. I have an imgur page and will copy/paste the links here. I'd like to try my hand at being race steward but I'm not sure I know the regulations 110%.

I like the new division idea. I'd also like to be a part of the behind the scenes work. Each week I will take pictures of the races. I have an imgur page and will copy/paste the links here. I'd like to try my hand at being race steward but I'm not sure I know the regulations 110%.
Sounds good thanks Penguin. There is a way to post the pictures so they show right jere on the thread. Cool. We have a photographer! !
Race steward is fine too. Soon I'll post a list of roles for those whom have volunteered.

Sorry if I am behind with whats happening but is there a list of results fro sundays race ?
also, you say to set all aids off . does mean no more abs ?

Last edited:
Sorry if I am behind with whats happening but is there a list of results fro sundays race ?
also, you say to set all aids off . does mean no more abs ?
ABS is alowed per the OP. It is updated and current.

I will post results. You're the firsr to ask and I will do so. Glad you inquired!! Thanks for asking. :gtpflag:

ABS is alowed per the OP. It is updated and current.

I will post results. You're the firsr to ask and I will do so. Glad you inquired!! Thanks for asking. :gtpflag:
If you need someone to take care of posting race results on a regular basis I gotcha Coach. Except this week I don't have the replays 👍

I am totally sorry for anyone who ran their TT without ABS. I didn't even notice it as an option I am so used to running with it. My apologoes!!!

By all means run it again if you need to. That goes for anyone. I edited the post for any future reference.

NOV 3 RESULTS

1. kgffty 75.18
  2. THE-STIGS-SON 72.78
  3. SgtChicken 70.99
  4. Luv2Coach 66.27
  5. LongbowX 64.67
  6. seantatt 60.56
  7. FREEREVN 48.13
  8. draqua_fresh 28.01
  9. emuegg11 23.63
  10. Rwjarvis 21.58
  11. BustedFoSho 16.59
SHOCKwaveTHUNDER & SuspeC dropped in for one rave each. Thanks for the great racing!

CONGRATS kgfty, STIGS, SgtChicken!!

Last edited:
Well, not bad for only doing 4/6 races I guess. I hope we can get the time down, otherwise I might have to miss the last race sometimes, barring anomalous router power failures...

Well, not bad for only doing 4/6 races I guess. I hope we can get the time down, otherwise I might have to miss the last race sometimes, barring anomalous router power failures...
I updated the OP. Time should be accurate. 1600 EST. Sunday. Sorry 'bout that.

I have the same situation LongbowX. We start at 4pmEST but I start making dinner with my family around 6.

OFFICIAL RESULTS for 10 NOVEMBER

1. LongbowX 83.897
  2. THE-STIGS-SON 72.735
  3. SgtChicken 68.737
  4. Luv2Coach 64.963
  5. FREEREVN 52.226
  6. MXPWR_BAJA 43.879
  7. seantatt 42.145
  8. kgffty 40.733
  9. SHOCKwaveTHUNDER 29.643
  10. Flogger 16.728
  11. MOE_FUGGER 15.170
  12. BustedFoSho 14.269
  13. DesertPenguin 10.724

Last edited:
I think we need to practice more in groups so we get the feel for racing with others around the track and learning what areas are trick with multiple cars. It's different when you're by yourself hot lapping.

I think we need to practice more in groups so we get the feel for racing with others around the track and learning what areas are trick with multiple cars. It's different when you're by yourself hot lapping.
Sounds good. I never know when I can get on long enough to run a practice. When I'm on I will announve a "practice". If you want, you can try and get an "official" practice day & time. I'm all for that!

I'd like to get everyone that races regularly on my friend's list so I can join them whenever they're practicing and send messages to others. It can be impromptu also. Whenever you're on and practicing, make that the comment on your PSN name. I feel really bad about today. I made some race ending mistakes for me and some others. Bad things happened.

I'd like to get everyone that races regularly on my friend's list so I can join them whenever they're practicing and send messages to others. It can be impromptu also. Whenever you're on and practicing, make that the comment on your PSN name. I feel really bad about today. I made some race ending mistakes for me and some others. Bad things happened.
I think all of us underperformed. The Madrid race was tough in that FF. I wish more drivers would view this thread as I "warned" drivers to be especially patient this week.
I'm sure next week will be much improved.

Also, I think I am 98% accurate with PSN names. Use the results list and send out FRs to them. And I will send msg when I'm on for those who want to practice.

If you want, I can help with track location. Just let me know what car we're running on a course or if you know the course but not the layout I can help that too. I'm really good at knowing what cars will be able to stretch their legs where or who can be nimble where. I enjoy that aspect of racing, matching the perfect car with a track. It's why I bought the Prima strategy guide. With this many racers, we should never do a street course.

Back