★☆★ S.T.a.R. Racing League | S.pec, T.uners, & R.acecars! | ☆★☆ Grid spots OPENOpen 

• Thread starter Luv2Coach
  • 2,301 comments
For anyone interested, I have the first four races on replay so if you want a photograph of a specific moment lemme know.

For anyone interested, I have the first four races on replay so if you want a photograph of a specific moment lemme know.
Do your thing...then do requests. I'm too impatient to wait. Lol. Hopefully you can post 'em as is, without having to click link. I've done it on the old gtp but idk if it can still be done or not.
Any door to door thru turns would be good as well as created accidents for learning purposes

I can host Wednesday & Thursday practice sessions in your lounge Coach could be a means to improving my mysterious "race only" lag too.

It's about 60/40 I won't make it this week. We need a reserve host in case I don't. I'll give a definite answer by Friday. Trying to hold out... LOL

💡 S.T.a.R. Practices will be held on Thursdays beginning at 20:00 GMT/15:00 EST/14:00 CST/12:00 PST in Coach's lounge. Try to attend if you can, most of us already know each other but many of us don't. Please use this opportunity to introduce and familiarize yourself with your fellow racers and their driving habits.

Last edited:
SUNDAY November 17
RACE 1
'89 Fairlady Z (Z32)[premium car]; CS tires @ Leguna Seca; 7 Laps
RACE 2
470PP (FR, MR, RR, FF); CS Tires @ Tokyo R246; 6 Laps
RACE 3
TBD

My Fairlady Z has to be red as seen driven by Richard Hammond in the Top Gear cheap RWD special. 👍

I'm stickin' with my dark blue n white rims (sometimes chrome). #68 when in a premium RC/RM.
Hope I can race this week. I like the 470pp tuned car!!

NOV 3 RESULTS

1. kgffty 75.18
  2. THE-STIGS-SON 72.78
  3. SgtChicken 70.99
  4. Luv2Coach 66.27
  5. LongbowX 64.67
  6. seantatt 60.56
  7. FREEREVN 48.13
  8. draqua_fresh 28.01
  9. emuegg11 23.63
  10. Rwjarvis 21.58
  11. BustedFoSho 16.59
SHOCKwaveTHUNDER & SuspeC dropped in for one rave each. Thanks for the great racing!

CONGRATS kgfty, STIGS, SgtChicken!!
💡 S.T.a.R. Practices will be held on Thursdays beginning at 20:00 GMT/15:00 EST/14:00 CST/12:00 PST in Coach's lounge. Try to attend if you can, most of us already know each other but many of us don't. Please use this opportunity to introduce and familiarize yourself with your fellow racers and there driving habits
sorry can't attend don't get home till 500

Coach the Fairlady you have listed for the tuning race is not a premium car although it's very similar. The TT or twin turbo of the same year make and model is the Premium version. Which is cool :) because I already have one broke in and tuned from week 1's 450PP (CS) @Autumn Ring. 👍

Edit: Ooops scratch that I have stage 1 weight redux on it :(

Coach the Fairlady you have listed for the tuning race is not a premium car although it's very similar. The TT or twin turbo of the same year make and model is the Premium version. Which is cool :) because I already have one broke in and tuned from week 1's 450PP (CS) @Autumn Ring. 👍

Edit: Ooops scratch that I have stage 1 weight redux on it :(
I didn't write the entire name. The year and premium note I thought would suffice.

Race 3 posted too

💡 S.T.a.R. Practices will be held on Thursdays beginning at 20:00 GMT/15:00 EST/14:00 CST/12:00 PST in Coach's lounge. Try to attend if you can, most of us already know each other but many of us don't. Please use this opportunity to introduce and familiarize yourself with your fellow racers and there driving habits
I'll be there but I don't have the two cars for Race 1 and 3 fully broken in. Race 2 doesn't have to be broken in right? As long as you work up to 470PP, not down?

I'll be there but I don't have the two cars for Race 1 and 3 fully broken in. Race 2 doesn't have to be broken in right? As long as you work up to 470PP, not down?
All cars are treated as broke in; i.o.w regardless of new dealership PP value, the car is determined legal/illegal based on post break in balue.
A new NSX Type R '02 is illegal as an example.

Edit: If the PP for this week was 473, the NSX would be illegal, for example

Last edited:
So I can't use a car that would be over 470PP after break in, even though my car isn't broken in and is under 470PP? That's not fair. Does it mean the car will perform better than others at the same PP?

So I can't use a car that would be over 470PP after break in, even though my car isn't broken in and is under 470PP? That's not fair. Does it mean the car will perform better than others at the same PP?
It will perform better. Because the car performs at a higher level, it is illegal. What is not fair is using a car that has a higher performance level than the specified PP.

The formatting sucks here now. It adds code at random and applies to sections I didn't even edit. Very frustrating. Sorry if OP looks bad. I'll have to go in and re-edit OLR. It bolded almost if not all of it after a minor edit. It also screwed up the bullets. Think I got that fixed.

Their*

I'm in for this Sunday. Getting my cars ready tonight. Looking forward to a driving lesson:)

Edit: I've copied the race details below from a post above...

SUNDAY November 17
RACE 1
RACE 2
RACE 3
TBD

Is there a PP limit on the '89 Z and have the 3rd race details been released yet? Sorry, I'm a rookie here. Thanks!

Last edited:
For Race 1 you should have the car stock and fully broken in. If not you will have around 10 or so less HP. It shouldn't make much of a difference. Race 3 is Lexus IS-F Race Modified. Stock at Suzuka

I'm in for this Sunday. Getting my cars ready tonight. Looking forward to a driving lesson:)

Edit: I've copied the race details below from a post above...

SUNDAY November 17
RACE 1
RACE 2
RACE 3
TBD

Is there a PP limit on the '89 Z and have the 3rd race details been released yet? Sorry, I'm a rookie here. Thanks!
SUNDAY November 17 - RACE 3 IS F RM '07 @ Suzuka; 6 Laps
race 1 & 3 are SPEC races 1 with a road car and one with a race car. Change the oil and try to have them broke in (200 miles) before race.

Edit: Didn't see you there Penguine. This is my road dog chris. He's kind of green so take care of him and good lookin out ^

Edit: Coach is using his lounge so I'll be testing tuner lap times in my lounge join if you like.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I just sent Busted and Coach a mssg. Long story short, I didn't read the STAR rules before joining, but I just now noticed that ABS is the only aid we're allowed to use. As a Busted mentioned, I'm pretty green, and I learned to drive using all the aids and only recently stopped using Traction Control. I've tried driving without aids recently because I've heard they do slow you down. But I need a LOT more practice till I'm able to stay on the road without using aids, let alone be even slightly competitive against expert level racers like yourselves. I would literally only be in the way of everyone else, and my wipeouts could really mess up someone else's chances of winning.

So, for the time being I'm going to practice without aids. Then when I'm at the point where I am now with aids I will jump back in and race with you guys. Sorry for joining so quickly without reading the rules. When Busted invited me and said you guys race at 4PM EST, I jumped at the chance cause most leagues are too late for my old, busted-up body and broken back:-). Next time I need to read the rules first. As always, I want to thank all of you, especially BustedFoSho, for inviting me and helping me. All the people on this website are so cool, which I'm not used to living here in the Washington DC Metro area. So, thanks again and please feel free to send me friend requests on PS3 to chrisdittmer (same as here). Good luck tmrw and have a great Thanksgiving if I don't talk to you before then!

Very Sincerely and Respectfully,

Chris

Does the game count rims and non PP changing aero from GT Auto as "modified"?

Edit: It will prohibit you if you change aero parts like front, rear, and extensions, and obviously wing, but you can change rims and be fine.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back