★☆★ S.T.a.R. Racing League | S.pec, T.uners, & R.acecars! | ☆★☆ Grid spots OPENOpen 

• Thread starter Luv2Coach
  • 2,301 comments
I am willing to host next Thursday if necessary. On to last week...

This league is by far the best collection of racers on GT5. That said, i had a major incident in each of my six races. I could get all ignorant and fire off baseless accusations, but the only consistent factor in all these incidents was, well... me. Therefore i must have been the one causing at the very least most of these accidents. I haven't reviewed the replays yet, but plan to analyze them to adjust my driving habits. There are two incidents that i can absolutely acknowledge full responsibility for. I have absolutely no idea why i was pushing so dang hard for 10th, inexcusable!

I have been involved in many different serious racing leagues online for the past two years, but i also took a hiatus from gt5 for the summer so that may play a factor into my poor decisions in traffic. If anyone i negatively affected has critical analysis that can help better my driving, please feel free to comment or message me. I feel that in my position, i should be held to the absolute highest of standards. Likewise, if i see dangerous or negligent driving in the replays, i will spotlight it in the interest of improving the racing here at s.t.a.r.

I am thrilled to be a part of this league. Let's work together to make this THE destination for clean and fair racing in GT5 and 6!

ATTENTION

RESULTS WILL BE POSTED LATE DUE TO OVERWHELMING NUMBER OF PENALTIES

I am not in a mind set to post what I saw at Tokyo. All I will say is aggressive driving will not be tolerated. Needless to say I am simply disappointed. Results may take a few days.​

ATTENTION

RESULTS WILL BE POSTED LATE DUE TO OVERWHELMING NUMBER OF PENALTIES

I am not in a mind set to post what I saw at Tokyo. All I will say is aggressive driving will not be tolerated. Needless to say I am simply disappointed. Results may take a few days.​

I think we need to look at two things. We need a set timer. We also need to maybe not let new entry's in to the second race of the reverse grid races causes to many issues

Why do we do reverse grid races anyway? I know that's how it is in British Touring Cars, but we're not all professional racers here. It puts a lot of beginners in the front and they're overwhelmed.

Why do we do reverse grid races anyway? I know that's how it is in British Touring Cars, but we're not all professional racers here. It puts a lot of beginners in the front and they're overwhelmed.
To give the back half an equal shot for points.

Creates better race craft for the faster people gives them a challenge

Does the game count rims and non PP changing aero from GT Auto as "modified"?

Edit: It will prohibit you if you change aero parts like front, rear, and extensions, and obviously wing, but you can change rims and be fine.
Hey guys, good job on your league, I like looking at all the new action happening! I saw this post and wanted to let you know some cars give issues with spec racing and changing the rims. It's rare, but if you change the rims and it won't let you enter a tuning prohibited race, you can try 2 things. If it lets you reset the stock transmission to default, try that first. If not, equip a full customizable Trans, reset to default, then equip the stock Trans again. The Mine's GTR is an example of that.

Keep up the good work! If I can help at all, send me a PM.

Sorry I'm missed so many races coach, working hard. I should be able to make it this Sunday tho. Looking forward to some good comp. Where do I find the info for Sunday coming?

Sorry I'm missed so many races coach, working hard. I should be able to make it this Sunday tho. Looking forward to some good comp. Where do I find the info for Sunday coming?
This Sunday will be for those who either don't celebrate Thanksgiving, already celebrated, don't have family coming in, or not traveling. I think LongbowX is organizing it. I will post the next "official" line up as soon as replays are reviewed and penalties assessed. Was a bit challenging at Tokyo...

It looks as though we may have 2 divisions by then also. Therefore, if haven't turned in a TT time to me, go to the OP and follow Time Trial instructions.

I doubt there will be 2 divisions as not everyone will show up, and there are quite a few Americans.

If it does happen (I'm kind of doubting it), it will probably be 3 Spec races, to make it easier for people.

I doubt there will be 2 divisions as not everyone will show up, and there are quite a few Americans.

If it does happen (I'm kind of doubting it), it will probably be 3 Spec races, to make it easier for people.
I was meaning for week after next for divisions.

Boooooo lol Would it help if you had a wired connection?

If I get bored this week and make an online lobby for low pp shuffle and/or spec, I'll post here so people can join.
I've tried everything I could think of believe me I wish I could race. Hopefully GT6 has better lobby sync.

We will break for a week and continue 1 December. Reviews are still progress for penalty assessment. I will post OFFICIAL results as soon as my stewards get me results.
Tokyo was out of character. I hope we can regroup and return to the non-aggressive, good racecraft this league was founded on.

Get a wired connection dude. I have a 100 foot cable directly connected to my PS3 and snaking down the stairs, through the floor into the basement, and up the floor into the den where the computer and router are. It's great because I know if there's any lag in a game it's definitely not me.

Sounds like something happened at Tokyo after I left. I thought my late braking into the apex of Turn 1 while everyone else was driving a proper line was bad enough. I can tell you don't wanna talk about it though so leave it at that.

Guess I have bad timing. Now I'm on vacation you guys are on racing break.. Lol, oh well.. Once I get to race some street cars, I'll be good.. Hope lots of comp is there, I wanna get wooped...

Assessed penalties will go to private msgs. Those without an account here will be listed in Official Results with their final score. Others will get a pm with penalty detail AND listed final score.

Guess I have bad timing. Now I'm on vacation you guys are on racing break.. Lol, oh well.. Once I get to race some street cars, I'll be good.. Hope lots of comp is there, I wanna get wooped...
Very good drivers & competition.

ATTN: If you have not posted on this thread, but watch it, please send me a PM here on GTP so I will know who I can send penalty information (if necessary).

Get a wired connection dude.
Always had a wired connection duuuude. LOL Good news though. I set up my router to have an open NAT & turned off router firewall. I configured PS3 network connx with static IP and used the primary & secondary DNS off of the router rather than the cmd:ipconfig values. Results=When I play Arcade mode it actually syncs in first 3 seconds like it suppose to. Additionally all my other devices ie: PC & smartphone are flying now. It's on like DONKEY KONG!

Always had a wired connection duuuude. LOL Good news though. I set up my router to have an open NAT & turned off router firewall. I configured PS3 network connx with static IP and used the primary & secondary DNS off of the router rather than the cmd:ipconfig values. Results=When I play Arcade mode it actually syncs in first 3 seconds like it suppose to. Additionally all my other devices ie: PC & smartphone are flying now. It's on like DONKEY KONG!
Lmao. Welcome back!!!
Too bad I don't understand. .lol

Lmao. Welcome back!!!
Too bad I don't understand. .lol
Me neither I just kept on watching youtube tutes on how to get rid of lag and how to get the best gaming connx. In the end it was a combo of dumped memory, deleted inactive friends, a rebuilt database, and configuring the network connx on the PS3 and a few adjustments to my routers settings. I hope it works. It took me a couple of hours of trial and error before I finally saw my up/download speeds start to go up. and even then it was only a few 100kbs.

Back