★☆★ S.T.a.R. Racing League | S.pec, T.uners, & R.acecars! | ☆★☆ Grid spots OPENOpen 

• Thread starter Luv2Coach
  • 2,301 comments
Now that you guys are on the connection topic, mine sux. No need to ask who my provider is cause I'm in the Caribbean. What I need to know is, does anyone know how to stop a proxy server or know of any good proxy server settings plz?? Would greatly appreciate it..

OFFICIAL RESULTS, 17 NOVEMBER

1. LongbowX 83.91
  2. THE_STIGS_SON 72.03
  3. kgffty 51.67
  4. frank_19 50.86
  5. Luv2Coach 48.51
  6. SgtChicken 47.99
  7. DQjr 42.05
  8. DownStyle 39.02
  9. FREEREVN 32.20
  10. Whitey_93 31.60
  11. Flogger 24.45
  12. USERID_77a23 13.74
  13. seantatt 12.20
  14. GTP_Ph7shr 9.18
  15. DesertPenguin 3.72
  16. BustedFoSho 2.09
I will post combos for DECEMBER 1 as soon as I get them in.
PLEASE re-read "Rules" section for consequences for penalties. We had 2 drivers that could be penalized 1 combo + a race.
ALSO PLEASE encourage our fellow drivers to read this post. They will be shocked if they are informed of such consequences.
I cannot use PSN for communication; it is too time consuming and slow, add to the fact limited characters.
Finally, I cannot do this alone; it requires a team mindset. If we want a strong, respectable league, it takes all of us; not just one or two guys.

Sincerely, COACH

Now that you guys are on the connection topic, mine sux. No need to ask who my provider is cause I'm in the Caribbean. What I need to know is, does anyone know how to stop a proxy server or know of any good proxy server settings plz?? Would greatly appreciate it..
For your PS3 network connection you don't want to use proxy servers. That can be changed via the XMB under settings. On your PC just open IE then click: tools/internet options/connections/LAN settings uncheck all the boxes click apply or ok :) 👍 To improve your internet speed while racing there's several options. I used port forwarding because SCEA uses specific ports on each games server. There's four for GT5 so you can get that .... to fly!!! Lights on my modem blink so fast when I'm in a race they look solid sometimes LOL

SUNDAY December 1

SUNDAY November 17
RACE 1
'89 Fairlady Z (Z32)[premium car]; CS tires @ Leguna Seca; 7 Laps
NOTE: Front straight after start/finish. Keep 2 tires on pavement inside blue & white curbing. ALSO 2 tires inside white line from last turn to turn 1: ESPECIALLY @ T1.
[
RACE 2
470PP (FR, MR, RR, FF); CS Tires @ Tokyo R246; 6 Laps
RACE 3
IS F RM '07 @ Suzuka; 6 Laps
NOTE: Follow OLR 15 Re-entry if you go wide at high speed left after long back stretch.
PENALTIES WILL BE ASSESSED FOR OFF TRACK/CUTTING VIOLATIONS

SUNDAY November 10
RACE 1
Honda S2000 '06 (CS) @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza, 5 Laps
RACE 2
425PP, FF only (CS) @ Circuito de Madrid/Reverse, 7 Laps
RACE 3
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06 @ Suzuka, 6 Laps

SUNDAY November 3
RACE 1
'90 RX-7 (CS tires) @ Grand Valley East; 9 Laps
RACE 2
555PP (FR, FF, MR, RR), (SS tires) @ Cape Ring; 5 Laps
RACE 3
Elise 111R '04 RM @ Fuji F; 7 Laps

SATURDAY October 19
RACE 1
GT-R SpecV '09 (SH tires) @ Grand Valley Speedway
RACE 2
500PP (SH) @ Nurburgring GP/F, 5 laps
RACE 3
Any TC (Touring Car) 587PP (RH) @ Road Course-Daytona, 7 laps

SATURDAY October 26
RACE 1
Super Lagerra (SH tires) @ Nurburgring GP/F, 6 laps
Hey Coach, thanks for having me.RACE 2
450PP (CS) @Autumn Ring
RACE 3
Any Race Car 602PP (RH) @ Road Course Twin Ring Motegi, 6 laps
Dang, the one time I'm on time . ;)

I'll be joining this League for GT6. Look forward to clean fun races.
Welcome aboard Agent we're happy to have you with us 👍
Coach I'll take #13 White/ColorShift Wheels. I'm not clear on which four racers I have. Someone help please?

Last edited:
Any reason why we're going to run with Penalty weak? I think it will be a pretty punishing race. The cars will be a handful and the penalties at La Sarthe are notoriously unforgiving to say the least (i.e. even if two wheels still within white lines).

I generally run a #28 Dark Green with Chrome wheels (if not an option - dark grey probably).

DRIVERS LIST
Luv2Coach (GTP)Luv2Coach: #68 DarkBlue/White wheels
BustedFoSho (GTP)BustedFoSho: #13 White/Colorshift
So I should have all my RM cars the same color? I at least keep the number the same.

DesertPenguin09 (GTP)DesertPenguin09: #42 Answer to life, the universe, and everything.

So I should have all my RM cars the same color? I at least keep the number the same.

DesertPenguin09 (GTP)DesertPenguin09: #42 Answer to life, the universe, and everything.
Yes. all 3 cars should be close to same color. Helps ID drivers when reviewing

I was just curious. I think I'm the only young one. I'm gonna race my Silvia RM in Black with silver rims. Don't know yet about the other two races if I'll even join. The first race seems to always be a slidey car and I hate that because accidents come from lack of control more than anything. Second race maybe, I'll let you know. Is the AEM S2000 allowed since it's under USA?

I'm reasonably young. Certainly no teenager though. :P The M3 is not so bad, it's pretty stable I thought. And if you don't want slide-y I would probably avoid the AEM! It's ineligible anyway (has to originally from an American make).

I was just curious. I think I'm the only young one. I'm gonna race my Silvia RM in Black with silver rims. Don't know yet about the other two races if I'll even join. The first race seems to always be a slidey car and I hate that because accidents come from lack of control more than anything. Second race maybe, I'll let you know. Is the AEM S2000 allowed since it's under USA?
No AEM. I have listed eligible cars in line up post.

Ok. DP - Black w/ silver wheels. Kg - #24 Silver w/ black black wheels. Will update driver list. This is your color scheme for all races. Got em.

That is not my color scheme for all races though. Are you telling me I have to now always paint my car black with silver rims?

If people would like to send me lots of Electric Blue (solid or pearl sure where it is), Electric Blue Metallic, and Matte Black, then I would paint all of my cars like that. Just throwing it out there.:cheers:

That is not my color scheme for all races though. Are you telling me I have to now always paint my car black with silver rims?
Lik circuit drivers; your colors identify you. That way your fans know fly by! Lol. On a more serious note your colors help stewards identify you when reviewing races. This way races can be reviewed without on screen obstructions. And finally we want drivers to have the opportunity to express their personality.

If people would like to send me lots of Electric Blue (solid or pearl sure where it is), Electric Blue Metallic, and Matte Black, then I would paint all of my cars like that. Just throwing it out there.:cheers:
That may be possible. We may be able to set something up for giving/receiving colors. For now blues similar to that specific blue will do for your cars. Wheels too

So you didn't say exactly yes, but you do want me to use the same colors for everything. I usually just paint the car whatever color goes well with it. I don't want to be forced to be a certain color :(

ATTENTION S.T.a.R. DRIVERS

Please submit your individual color scheme on this thread. If possible try to use a different scheme than what is already on the DRIVERS LIST. As for numbers, you must have a different number, no duplicates. As you can see, it is first come first serve for the number. With your color scheme please add your PSN ID if it is different than your GTP ID.

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind everyone what this league is all about. RESPECT and RACECRAFT. Respect all drivers & their capabilities and continue to improve racecraft. I would like to share an experience I had in a public room that, to me, is a great example of racecraft.
Two cars were having a great race when the lead car got loose coming out of a corner and fish-tailed a little. The following car was on his heels and came out of the turn under control. As the lead car came out of the turn he tried to recover a little quick (in a hurry as not to get passed) and used almost the entire width of the track to recover. Here is where the following car showed respect & great racecraft: Rather than "jump an opportunity" to pass and possibly make contact, or even wreck with the lead car, he saw the situation and held off for a moment. As soon as he saw the lead car gain control (little to no fish-tailing), he made the pass cleanly. Hopefully this event will help us to understand what racecraft means.
For you baseball guys, you will understand this baseball unwritten rule, "Play the game right". To me, the same applies to racing. Play the game right.
I encourage everyone to re-read the OLR. Maybe a section a day and ingrain it into your mind. The above example is the epitome OLR 08: D (and to a degree OLR 06: C). Remember, it is always the following cars responsibility to avoid contact, and pass with no contact. Will it always happen, no; we're human. But I believe if we keep that in mind at all times, it will happen far less frequently; any contact for that matter. Then, the result is hard, competitive, clean, and fun racing!!! Respect the guy who beats you to the finish line for what he did while you pressured the **** out of him.

I humbly and sincerely thank you all for your participation in S.T.a.R. and your patience as we continue to grow and we (admin) continue to learn how to organize and communicate information vital to this league's longevity. And thank you for enduring my passion.

Last edited:
So you didn't say exactly yes, but you do want me to use the same colors for everything. I usually just paint the car whatever color goes well with it. I don't want to be forced to be a certain color :(
Short answer, Yes. Long answer posted above. ;)

Ugh fine. I don't like the idea though. It's easy to tell who's who during replay scrutinizing because our names are above our cars. Not every color looks good on every car. And there's only so many colors. I don't wanna just pick black. Has Rossa Corsa been taken yet? I like that Ferrari Red. Again though, if you know where Electric Blue comes from maybe I can buy a bunch of that car in the dealership just for the paint chips.

Back