♦SNAIL WRRC (CLOSED)PS4 

• Thread starter Lessen
  • 3,864 comments
I don't get how it is all fingered out either, but I do know the wheel has much more "feeilng", after I use oscaroleo's ffb tunes.
I feel a big hit coming for me tonight. I couldn't even catch Aero earlier. I know we picked the track, but the F-1 on this track sucks, at least for me. The first right hander up the hill and coming into the long left down the hill, my car seems to lose all Aero stickyness and around I go.

I don't get how it is all fingered out either, but I do know the wheel has much more "feeilng", after I use oscaroleo's ffb tunes.
I feel a big hit coming for me tonight. I couldn't even catch Aero earlier. I know we picked the track, but the F-1 on this track sucks, at least for me. The first right hander up the hill and coming into the long left down the hill, my car seems to lose all Aero stickyness and around I go.

Slow. Down. If you "over steer" to adjust for excessive speed, the understeer turns into a snap oversteer when the car crests the hill.

All good. I think I can tell when I'm getting ready to get disco...my wheel starts clipping everywhere as soon as the race starts. Couldn't really control the car. Made it a few laps then got disconnected.

Really enjoyed racing with you guys tonight. Still need to find some speed. I tried to allow faster cars to get by. Sorry for the screen freeze in the final race. I was running seventh in a tight field when the screen froze mid-corner. Took about six seconds to unfreeze. Hope it didn't cause too much havoc.

Look forward to future Tuesdays, thank you for having me.

General%20Announcement_zpssunv3eju.jpg~original

Drivers,

The following are your voting options for S9R2. As is always the case. All drivers who have completed at least one race in the current season are eligible to vote. CLICK ME!

Season%209%20Round%202%20OPTIONS_zpsqoryepjp.jpg~original

Lots of fun for my Debut tonight! 👍 definitely very challenging and have to stay very focused the entire race.

It'll take a few weeks to get myself used to this and up to speed but that last corvette race I finally started to get a little better with a 4th place finish I'll take it.

I'll see you guys next Tuesday! :cheers: Thank You @Lessen For hosting tonight! Great Job!

I succumb to fatigue last night. In the last race i was unable to keep focus for more than 10 seconds and reflexes went down to -2!
Bed time.
Anyways, it was fun although that wasn't the track for the Renault.

I do think the evening goes a little long. Starting at 9pm we should be done by 11pm no problem. It went til 11:30pm which is why a few people ended up bailing out near the end.

That was a tough combo for sure. I found it fun though. I still can't get a handle on the Vette. The extra segment bit me big time. Oh well.

Is there anyone in this series that can help me do some testing for PSEC? I want to check class pace against eachother and it's almost impossible with one person.

Is there anyone in this series that can help me do some testing for PSEC? I want to check class pace against eachother and it's almost impossible with one person.
I can help you out next week, when I'm back home.

I can probably spare some time maybe tomorrow or Friday evening.

I can help out Zii.
Would you be availible in about 30 mins?

I appreciate the quick responses. I'm working on setting up the test run and I'm off today so once I finish my weekly gun cleaning, I'm gonna be on for a couple hours.

Great start to the season everyone! I am definitely happy with my results considering it was my first night back after a long 4 week suspension. I managed to come out on top of Division 2 in Points and 4th in Overall points between both divisions. I know the races probably could have been a little better for us all. I saw quite a few people spinning out in a few of the races and I hope that maybe next week goes a little better for everyone and we can get some more competitive racing. Last nights track/car combo was definitely a challenge for me. After a few laps with the Formula Renault 3.5 on Sonoma I seemed to figure that snazzy sucker of a car out. Then we come to the Corvette on Imola (A track I dislike) and I just felt like the vette didn't like some of those corners very much.

I hope to see everyone back out there next week!

Last edited:
Medical report is in. The fresh lobotomy worked, this time.
Shoulder is f...., old age and 40 years of competitive hockey have taken theiir toll. The tendons are like a bungie cords left out in the rain. Not much can be done except physio. i was driving with one arm most of the second race, even downshift paddling was agony. See ya'll next week.

@irmopars Could you please do something about this Erik Frank guy?.... :D

Nice work @gtr3123 👍

I felt like i had the 2nd F1 race, all the way up till the last few corners when a slight curb touch sent me a bit wide and with no grip i couldnt get back on line and GTR snuck past for an easy win.

In the 2nd Vette' race, i had contact i believe and went off but managed to gain ground back to 2nd and within 4 seconds of GTR. Sadly i wasnt able to do any 1'44 lap times in that race but i seen, neither was GTR :/

Medical report is in. The fresh lobotomy worked, this time.
Shoulder is f...., old age and 40 years of competitive hockey have taken theiir toll. The tendons are like a bungie cords left out in the rain. Not much can be done except physio. i was driving with one arm most of the second race, even downshift paddling was agony. See ya'll next week.
Sorry to hear that @Mike Lobban,I went to the Dr last week because my back has been giving me more trouble than usual,they think I have a disc putting pressure on a nerve causing the problem,but Doc is reluctant to do more surgery because I have so much scar tissue from the first two times,so what do you do

I love all the race reporting. I find it interesting to read others' trials and triumphs. 👍
I had a good time last night,finished about average(at the back),those were tough combos,the Renault had some adjustments that could be made in race to make it more manageable,although I don't understand why when you set them in qualifying they don't save to the race,makes it kinda tricky to reset them,the Vette just took some finesse with throttle and braking

I had a good time last night,finished about average(at the back),those were tough combos,the Renault had some adjustments that could be made in race to make it more manageable,although I don't understand why when you set them in qualifying they don't save to the race,makes it kinda tricky to reset them,the Vette just took some finesse with throttle and braking

You mean like brake bias and such? Yeah, I've also noticed that it never holds any live changes. When I first started practicing the 3.5 I tried adjusting the bb, but just never found it to help too much, so I just drove the car as is.

The Corvette just doesn't suit the way I drive. I had begun to get the hang of it, but once I start trying to find time the way I typically do I end up losing control of it. She just doesn't like my methods. I really wasnt' doing too bad until the last segment of the 20 minute race. It started to get dark and the tires were getting a little more worn. That proves two things to me: 1. I need to work on adapting to conditions. 2. The 15/20 minute format can do exactly what I intended for it to do given the right conditions.

You mean like brake bias and such? Yeah, I've also noticed that it never holds any live changes. When I first started practicing the 3.5 I tried adjusting the bb, but just never found it to help too much, so I just drove the car as is.

The Corvette just doesn't suit the way I drive. I had begun to get the hang of it, but once I start trying to find time the way I typically do I end up losing control of it. She just doesn't like my methods. I really wasnt' doing too bad until the last segment of the 20 minute race. It started to get dark and the tires were getting a little more worn. That proves two things to me: 1. I need to work on adapting to conditions. 2. The 15/20 minute format can do exactly what I intended for it to do given the right conditions.
Yeah brake bias,you could also adjust the front and rear track bars,that seemed to help a lot,yeah the longer format does call for some taking care of the tires which I am pretty good at :cheers:

Back