1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,470 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 317 50.9%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.4%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.1%

• Total voters
I get where you are coming from, but here's where I'm coming from: I think we appreciate the products, or model cars plenty. The ups & downs caused by the high prices, poor build quality, etc., it just goes with the territory. When someone posts nice pictures of cars, which is every single pages, to me, that's somebody appreciating these toy cars.

I can see where you are coming from. Has been a topic at the forefront of a lot of discussions around here lately. But I think that's part of it, as it is with most hobbies. We all want whatever cars we buy to be as good as they can possible be.

I did think of that a few moments after writing the post. It got past me that we get so attached to the territory we just can't help but to think of things to keep it on a good level, or the good things about it that don't need changing. Not just toy cars, but everything in general. It's one of those universal laws of life... And I shouldn't dismiss it so easily, it seems. Maybe it had something to do with the rise in quality errors and how often it was getting discussed here, because a few months it wasn't such a hot topic. But such can't remain hidden forever, can it...?

There was never a ramp truck in any of the Mad Max films. It's all fake news!

*Fast forward to me buying one anyway*

Well maybe it was used for the jump scenes in the movies. That's a thing they can do in them, right...? And besides, the ramp truck would go under the "Inter-helpers" appendix, where all the lesser important things about the Falcon would go, such as the truck and whoever drove the Falcon. In a book about Interceptor(s), the Interceptor(s) take center stage!

Besides, was there a tow truck in Family Lampoon's Vacation? Hmm... :sly: :lol:

Don't get so cut if not everyone remarks on a purchase lol, it's not necessarily that interesting to everyone.

I like the car but not that casting hence I didn't bother commenting in the first place cos then you'd complain about people complaining about it lol.

Just saying.

Fair enough, point taken. But if people don't say anything, I can't really be sure what are their opinions on the car. It's probably needless to be concerned over such things, but that's how I think. Understanding the inbetweens of answers has always been a personal issue, mainly because i overthink things when I shouldn't.
Besides, I don't lambast all kinds of criticism. Only the ones that are done without thinking. Saying "it sucks" without explanation is not something I'm a fan of. For example, why do you think the Galaxie casting is not so good? I won't shut your answer out by any means, asking out of curiosity, that's all.

Again, these are my five cents on the matter, take them as you see fit...

Get your orders in

TOY-SCL2-80261.jpg

I was happy to see that the M2 Nissans actually made it to stores here.

They've all got messed up faces, some with crooked bonnets, rear plates with slanted prints... and this too:

6nLtWsNl.jpg

Last edited:
Oh and @a6m5 needs a 1:1 pursuit special too.
You shut your mouth ya big goose! :lol:
Are the Greenlight cars decent quality? hard to tell from a pic
Ford Ramp truck, at least the one I bought were decent quality. Falcon XB was alright too, though it didn't seem to impress the fans in accuracy department(lines don't look right, blower too small). When shopping for GreenLight products, it helps to be able to inspect them closely, because they have some of the worst quality control in the industry, if not the worst.
I did think of that a few moments after writing the post. It got past me that we get so attached to the territory we just can't help but to think of things to keep it on a good level, or the good things about it that don't need changing. Not just toy cars, but everything in general. It's one of those universal laws of life... And I shouldn't dismiss it so easily, it seems. Maybe it had something to do with the rise in quality errors and how often it was getting discussed here, because a few months it wasn't such a hot topic. But such can't remain hidden forever, can it...?
I wouldn't overanalyze it, at least not anything I do, or don't do. I'm an idiot.
Get your orders in
Thanks mang. 👍 My February:

0000.PNG

Crown patrol car was already in there. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the 787B(white). Still, I'm so disappointed by the Le Mans winner model, I couldn't quite bring myself to preorder it now. This photo certainly didn't help:

TOY-SCL2-80264_11.jpg

I'm sorry, but that is so frigging stupid. MSRP of 8,000 yen, dude. Level wing shouldn't be hard at this price point. Crazy.
They've all got messed up faces, some with crooked bonnets, rear plates with slanted prints... and this too:
That's M2 for ya.
Auto-Japan line's been pretty clean, at least by M2 standards. I'm pretty sure the assemblers just don't like Andy.

For the record, 1:18 models don't have perfect racing wings either. There's always the chance you get one slightly crooked.

:crazy::crazy: Official Tomytec photos showing bent wing BEFORE release?!?
Exactly. I'm amazed.
For the record, 1:18 models don't have perfect racing wings either. There's always the chance you get one slightly crooked.
While I didn't realize this(shocker, I only collect 1/64), still, it's totally unacceptable to me. Price point is crazy for 1/64, it better be perfect.

Managed to find my first $TH at a Dollar Tree the other day. Of all the places I've bought Hot Wheels from, of course I find one of these at a freakin dollar store :lol:.
20171010_152306.jpg

20171010_152317.jpg

Kinda wish it was something more interesting than a 16 Angels, but oh well. Although, I think this shiny gold actually fits it, gaudy as it may look.

(The black XB coupe is not an Interceptor, that was the XB sedan in yellow/blue/red).

That should be the next one Greenlight releases. 👍

And besides, the ramp truck would go under the "Inter-helpers" appendix, where all the lesser important things about the Falcon would go, such as the truck and whoever drove the Falcon. In a book about Interceptor(s), the Interceptor(s) take center stage!

Wait, so I'm writing a book now? What happened to the 1000 word essay? :nervous: :lol:
Besides, was there a tow truck in Family Lampoon's Vacation? Hmm... :sly: :lol:

YAGpXPd.png

Had a feeling you were going to bring that set up. Its a very good point. I've got nothing.... :lol:👍
My February

You missed something. :P

I've gone Nissan Service Prairie, Crown Patrol car and white Civic (going to go Silver originally but white looks much better, imo). Thinking I might pass on the Mazda but I'm not sure at the moment.

Good to see you back Phil. Yeah, that shooting has everybody talking about it. Glad you are doing okay. 👍

Yep, I am ok. Still Vegas Strong!

Yes! Not an instant favorite for me, but I do like them. Not crazy about the color choices they have used for them so far, but maybe they will have better colors later on.
I have next to no use for these on customs, same could be said for the others I mentioned.
Except they came out in 2002. :P I disagree with both, I generally think these just aren't that great and they certainly aren't good replacements for the ORSB wheels. I actually like the BLOR wheels though.
I'm not seeing it. :lol:

Two other sets I am not fond of:

MC5. To me, they look like OH5's (Which I like) from a distance until I look at them closer, then I see disappointment. Not a huge fan of these wheels, but I can't hate them too much because they actually work for some cars. Not that bad, but not that good either. Unlike the others I mentioned, I actually can find a use for these in customs.
latest

J5. All I can really say is, I just don't care for these wheels. Never have been all that good looking to me and I have no use for them. Don't know what else to say really.
View attachment 677488

I kinda somewhat agree, but the MC5 look great to me, especially on retro cars. They go well with old school JDMs and Euros in either silver, black or gold. They give those cars some character.

The J5 are tough, the only cars they fit well was the SRT Viper launch scale and I think one of the GT2 997 911s. Maybe a Nissan GTR with them on. But those are the cars I can think of that work with.

The cards are out :drool: OMG they really went with no tampo this time.

And that Impreza too :drool:
View attachment 677657 View attachment 677658 View attachment 677659

Oh man you started me now! I have to look out for them.... Especially whenever the stores get them in Vegas... Been kinda dry except for 1:32 and 1:24s.

Managed to find my first $TH at a Dollar Tree the other day. Of all the places I've bought Hot Wheels from, of course I find one of these at a freakin dollar store :lol:.
View attachment 679478
View attachment 679479
Kinda wish it was something more interesting than a 16 Angels, but oh well. Although, I think this shiny gold actually fits it, gaudy as it may look.
I found the same $TH, also dollar store.
That should be the next one Greenlight releases. 👍
Yes. 👍
Dude, that's also from "Kanagawa", prefecture I'm from. I might have to reconsider this one now. Yeah, nope. Still no.
Mazda but I'm not sure at the moment.
Same.

I was just tweeting about Aoshima, and ended up checking out pics of Grachan Collection. I noticed how their shiny stuff in the paint is balanced to the level I find attractive. At least on this guy:

0.JPG

Just right!
That's in Tokyo, right? :P
####smaller grumpy-cat.jpg
Fine, be that way! You'll be sorry. :dopey: :lol:
I just added one to the order. 👍

0000.PNG

Edit: Looks like I actually ordered two. Because awesome.

It's the absolute bestest soccer mum van. Don't you ever forget that. 👍
I don't get it! What is your fascination with this van!? :lol: *Looks at my Toyota Carinas* Never mind.
Didn't notice that on you're original post. I assume you're going to flip the second Civic?
Maybe someday, I am a fan of this Civic. I very seldomly pick up extra TLVs, because they are so pricey. Ones I do buy extra of, they never seem to rise in value anyway. :crazy:
If that is indeed the case then my typical luck is at it again. I'm not a fan of that color on that casting.
The one I have in dark red, it's nice. Flat black Mad Max I think would be the way to go though, but like I said, I think you'll end up having to deal with the extra car.
000000000000000000.JPG

Just noticed in this pic: GreenLight's famous windshield treatment, where they drag it through the gravel first, before installing it in the vehicle. :crazy::lol:

I don't get it! What is your fascination with this van!? :lol:

It's weird I know. :lol:
*Looks at my Toyota Carinas* Never mind.

:lol:👍

My pack of Prairies vs all your Carinas. The ultimate showdown of boring 80's cars!
Ones I do buy extra of, they never seem to rise in value anyway. :crazy:

It's a real lottery with TLV's. I thought for sure that the silver Atlas flatbed would go bat crap crazy like the original release did. It's still instock on AmiAmi. Just noticed that the 787b is still available too. Might hold off on the new release after all. Doubt that one will sell out either. Maybe.

The one I have in dark red, it's nice. Flat black Mad Max I think would be the way to go though, but like I said, I think you'll end up having to deal with the extra car.
000000000000000000.JPG
That one I really like. And it's not that I don't care for or don't want it with a set, it's just that I'd almost expect them to offer the truck as a stand alone model and it not be an exclusive release. Especially since its seemed like they've been making a lot of them.

Back