1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,471 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 317 50.9%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.4%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.1%

• Total voters
Roo
Saw this. Thought of you all. Had a look back a page or so but couldn't see it posted.

https://lamleygroup.com/2017/10/08/the-hot-wheels-2018-sneaks-presentation-in-photos/
That Momo 962 with the transporter will sky rocket in price. I really want one because the colours are just epic; and I assume everyone else will say the same.

Get your orders in

TOY-SCL2-80261.jpg
But a February release? Come on, I want it now!
I asked this question earlier but didn't get the correct response - does Japan Booster do pre-orders? Or is it just AmiAmi? I don't want to pay a highly inflated price for this car.

Last edited:
I wouldn't overanalyze it, at least not anything I do, or don't do. I'm an idiot.

Darn it Inspector, you're supposed to get wiser with age! You're dishonoring the long-lasting tradition of incredibly wise elderly Asian men by claiming idiocy so quickly... :eek: :lol:

Also, very nice Ford Truck. Sure it has a disgusting-looking windshield, but it is a work truck, is it not? If anything, you gotta give Greenlight bonus points for accuracy... :sly: :lol:

Wait, so I'm writing a book now? What happened to the 1000 word essay? :nervous:

A book means you'll be on the spot for countless people rather than just the chosen few here, obviously. :sly: :lol:

actually it's because i screwed up and forgot the original plan but shush no one needs to know

View attachment 679476

Had a feeling you were going to bring that set up. Its a very good point. I've got nothing.... :lol:👍

gF4SJw82_400x400.jpeg

Shows the mistake your wallet made against your own logic, doesn't it?

But then again, there is a flaw; you could also ask if there was a tow truck in Gone In 60 Seconds. But because I'm a master counter-attacker, I'll also say that at the end of the movie, Nicholas Cage certainly needed one for himself... :P :lol:

Last edited:
So is the rear part notched or something? Push in to lower it, pull it out to tilt that rear axle housing/bracket thing to raise it up?
Yes. It has several notches that it can be put on to adjust the height.
Sorry for bugging you, I've never seen such a design. Pretty neat! 👍
You're okay! It was new to me too when I first saw the Woodie.
I kinda somewhat agree, but the MC5 look great to me, especially on retro cars. They go well with old school JDMs and Euros in either silver, black or gold. They give those cars some character.
Like I said, I can't hate MC5's too much because they work on some castings, but I just don't care for them as much as other wheel types. They look like OH5's from a distance, then I see them up close and get disappointed. They almost look like chinese knock offs of OH5's to me.
The J5 are tough, the only cars they fit well was the SRT Viper launch scale and I think one of the GT2 997 911s. Maybe a Nissan GTR with them on. But those are the cars I can think of that work with.
About the only casting I can think of they look nice on is that blue 24/7 they released years ago. They look Y5's that stayed out in the sun too long and I just don't care much for them.

My pack of Prairies vs all your Carinas. The ultimate showdown of boring 80's cars!
Carinas are boring? :confused::lol:
It's a real lottery with TLV's. I thought for sure that the silver Atlas flatbed would go bat crap crazy like the original release did. It's still instock on AmiAmi. Just noticed that the 787b is still available too. Might hold off on the new release after all. Doubt that one will sell out either. Maybe.
I think I'll take my chances on that one, too. :D
That one I really like. And it's not that I don't care for or don't want it with a set, it's just that I'd almost expect them to offer the truck as a stand alone model and it not be an exclusive release. Especially since its seemed like they've been making a lot of them.
Ah, okay. One thing GreenLight is known for is releasing same casting over & over & over, so I'm sure they'll come around on this eventually.
Darn it Inspector, you're supposed to get wiser with age! You're dishonoring the long-lasting tradition of incredibly wise elderly Asian men by claiming idiocy so quickly... :eek: :lol:
I am incredibly wise. I've been told of this many times. Incredibly wise ass.
Also, very nice Ford Truck. Sure it has a disgusting-looking windshield, but it is a work truck, is it not? If anything, you gotta give Greenlight bonus points for accuracy... :sly: :lol:
Okay.
Yes. It has several notches that it can be put on to adjust the height.
Very cool. 👍
You're okay! It was new to me too when I first saw the Woodie
They don't make them like they used to amirite.

I am incredibly wise. I've been told of this many times. Incredibly wise ass.

Well you're a funny wise you-know-what with great taste in cars (and guns), so don't bring yourself down because of it. I've seen worst wise you-know-whats that didn't have a single reason to be respected... It's another thing learned from those years of living in Japan for you, becoming a likeable person. I can only hope to learn something from it one day...

Haha, that's a surprisingly straight-forward answer for someone who's a "wise you-know-what". I was expecting at least a little pun and/or one-liner...

Well they're beige-mobiles for the most part. Typical very-well-built-but-extremely-dull-to-drive Toyota sedan from the '90s (no performance versions either which doesn't help)...

Unless we're talking about one of these;
autowp.ru_toyota_carina_e_btcc_2.jpg

:bowdown::sly: (We definitely need more racing sedan scale models, so much potential...)

Ah, okay. One thing GreenLight is known for is releasing same casting over & over & over, so I'm sure they'll come around on this eventually.
I can almost feel it coming. But if they do it'll probably be a long time before I find one anyway. Or it'll be in a Gulf livery which I don't want on that particular casting. :lol:

actually it's because i screwed up and forgot the original plan but shush no one needs to know

:lol:👍
Shows the mistake your wallet made against your own logic, doesn't it?

Never. When it comes to Family Trucksters or boring soccer mum minivans like the Nissan Prairie. I regret nothing! :lol: :embarrassed:

Only gold ones. :P :lol:
:bowdown::sly: (We definitely need more racing sedan scale models, so much potential...)

That livery and those wheels. So damn cool. I'm always up for more race car models. 👍
Or it'll be in a Gulf livery which I don't want on that particular casting. :lol:

Don't give them any ideas, please John. :ill: :lol:

Crap day. Redeemed itself.

0.jpg

Well you're a funny wise you-know-what with great taste in cars (and guns), so don't bring yourself down because of it. I've seen worst wise you-know-whats that didn't have a single reason to be respected... It's another thing learned from those years of living in Japan for you, becoming a likeable person. I can only hope to learn something from it one day...
OMG, I was not nice or likeable & barely a person growing up in Japan. America straightened me out. At least I was never a bully, but I think I was everything else.
Haha, that's a surprisingly straight-forward answer for someone who's a "wise you-know-what". I was expecting at least a little pun and/or one-liner...
Just being agreeable. It's a "distressed" look by GreenLight, free of charge. They give this free service in lot of their products. :lol:
Well they're beige-mobiles for the most part. Typical very-well-built-but-extremely-dull-to-drive Toyota sedan from the '90s
No.
no performance versions either which doesn't help
What are you talking about.
*FIRE TRUCK SIRENS!*

Got a diecast fire sale going on over at eBay!

Selling off some pieces to purchase some pricier cars for my collection. Check it out!
I'll support your cause. 👍
I can almost feel it coming. But if they do it'll probably be a long time before I find one anyway. Or it'll be in a Gulf livery which I don't want on that particular casting. :lol:
Yeah, we are bit fedup with Gulf livery at this point. Please. No more. :lol:
Only gold ones. :P :lol:
My gold Carinas are in the Army. Gold army of Carinas. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
I remember swapping those wheels out so quick.
:lol:👍 Actually, real riders might look pretty cool on this one, huh?
That's pretty. Plain white with the real riders is a winner for me. So clean. 👍
Right!? Instantly one of my favorite high-end Datsuns. Keep-it-simple works when done right. 👍

x.jpg

#JDM

Edit: Have to say this set looks pretty damn sweet.
I was like "pass, don't care about racing...", then I saw which race it was. Homerism might win out with this one. I might get it.

Instantly one of my favorite high-end Datsuns. Keep-it-simple works when done right. 👍

Honestly, maybe the coolest Z I've seen from HW? I'll happily take it off your hands when you get bored of it. :P:tup:
"pass, don't care about racing..."

Opposite for me. I'll happily watch almost any kind of motorsport. :lol:
Homerism might win out with this one. I might get it.

You need to get it because Indycar are racing in Portland next year. Go and get it signed by Sato. That'd be killer. 👍

Honestly, maybe the coolest Z I've seen from HW? I'll happily take it off your hands when you get bored of it. :P:tup:
You know, I don't even know which casting this actually is. It looks lot like the $TH version from when I started collecting? I recently bought the Advan livery $TH Z, but I'm not a big fan of that casting. I much prefer this one.
Opposite for me. I'll happily watch almost any kind of motorsport. :lol:
You should see my morning commute, now that's racing.
You need to get it because Indycar are racing in Portland next year. Go and get it signed by Sato. That'd be killer. 👍
I attended one of these things once, back when it was all Fords(CART?). BORING. I thought racing was pretty boring on TV, but it was unbearable in person. Only race I ever attended. Besides, would Sato still be racing next year? He was let go by his team according to couple of tweets I saw. If it was Satoru Nakajima autographing stuff(old Formula One racer) I'd consider going.

Minichamps 1/18 + Kyosho 1/64
IMG_3025_zpsadcddf89.jpg

:embarrassed:

Don't give them any ideas, please John. :ill: :lol:
Yeah, we are bit fedup with Gulf livery at this point. Please. No more. :lol:
I guess I should've kept quiet. Oh well. If that truck does in fact get it, I give both of you, every other registered user who has ever posted in this thread and everyone else who will see this post registered or not permission to travel to my house so you can slap me. Twice. Or more if you need it. Now if you'll excuse me I have to to assume the fetal position. :scared:
Alright that is beautiful. :drool:

I guess I should've kept quiet. Oh well. If that truck does in fact get it, I give both of you, every other registered user who has ever posted in this thread and everyone else who will see this post registered or not permission to travel to my house so you can slap me. Twice. Or more if you need it. Now if you'll excuse me I have to to assume the fetal position. :scared:
We love you dude, we'd do no such thing.

I am taking your Vintage Racing 510 by force though. That can not be helped. :P
Alright that is beautiful. :drool:
I'm probably going to uncard it.

I give both of you, every other registered user who has ever posted in this thread and everyone else who will see this post registered or not permission to travel to my house so you can slap me.

You can't fool me John. You're trying to lure us into a Somalian pirate ambush. I'm onto you!

That's a shame.

We love you dude, we'd do no such thing.

You aren't taking it if neither of us can find it.
Some cars look better when loose. I think that'd be one of them.
You can't fool me John. You're trying to lure us into a Somalian pirate ambush. I'm onto you!
I have multiple ideas with multiple results. :mischievous:

Never. When it comes to Family Trucksters or boring soccer mum minivans like the Nissan Prairie. I regret nothing! :lol: :embarrassed:

Not even your house's storage space...? Oh well, I guess when you have so much Prairie cutness, it won't even complain about all the family bricks laying around... It's like stray Legos on wheels! :P :lol:

That livery and those wheels. So damn cool. I'm always up for more race car models. 👍

Yeah, the old BTCC has a lot to offer. Cool cars, great racing, larger-than-life personalities... It's one of the reasons why I learned to love touring car racing. Plus it could turn the gold army of beige Carinas (:sly:) and other cars into awesomeness, which is no mean feat! 👍

As a couple of side notes, Japan had its own super-beige Carina (in the JTCC), so I guess even they knew it needed the anti-beige boost;
jtcc.jpg

See, Inspector? It does have a performance version! :sly: :lol:

And apparently someone makes a custom 1/43 model of the Castrol Carina I shared. Not quite the right size for this thread, just letting people know about its existence. Maybe someone needs to ring up Corgi or even Tarmac Works to make proper 1/64 touring cars...

Very cool. I'll agree with Space Goat Knight, simplicity works best for these old Fairladys. And it shows, because the choice of rims suits the car like a glove, there are no unnecessary ricer extensions and the whole thing just oozes charisma. 👍
Shame it'll be an exclusive-sort of car with rocket-price tags, because I would love to own one... :(

OMG, I was not nice or likeable & barely a person growing up in Japan. America straightened me out. At least I was never a bully, but I think I was everything else.

Haha, fair enough, if you say so. Does that mean you were a bit of an introvert? Or just someone who didn't care about doing anything? Either way, it's good that America changed you for the better, chalk one up for the American Dream...

Just being agreeable. It's a "distressed" look by GreenLight, free of charge. They give this free service in lot of their products. :lol:

Again, fair enough. Now all they need is to forget rustproofing and churn out accidental rat rods. So much profit you don't even know...! As long as it's not paint flakes, anything'll work, right? :sly: :lol:

Yes.

That's performance? I thought bosozoku cars were mostly style and snowplow-esque finesse... :P :lol:

Last edited:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Tarmac Works Ralliart Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Black

IMG_6243.JPG

IMG_6246.JPG

IMG_6254.JPG

Its finally out. The Evo X Ralliart. I am surprised the livery on both sides of the cars are tampon printing! Is this a first for TW? All other details still use stickers but this is a major step forward for TW at 1/64. I'm guessing they tried stickers but the black glossy paintwork will make cheap water stickers stand out a mile. This is my final TW for now. I don't have anymore on order. Maybe they'll surprise me again some other time.

Tomica Star Cars Galactic Speed SC-01 Darth Vader V8-D
Tomica Star Cars Galactic Speed SC-02 Stormtrooper V8-S

IMG_6267.JPG

IMG_6272.JPG

IMG_6278.JPG

IMG_6256.JPG

IMG_6258.JPG

These are so cool. First in a new set of the Star Cars series. I've never been interested in any of Tomica's Star Wars stuff but these are absolutely brilliant. Darth Vader is just amazing. If you like Star Wars and American muscle cars, you got to buy a set now!

Last edited:
Back