1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,471 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 317 50.9%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.4%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.1%

• Total voters
No way! If I knew you in real life dude, you would kill me, as I would harass you everyday until you stop. :lol:

I've tried to stop but I can't help it. I fidget too much. :lol:
I might be interested in one, maybe one of their future releases.

A Greenlight town to go with your Tomica one? What a wonderful idea. :P:tup:

I go with the small air packet or whatever it's called. One of the cheaper shipping options, normally around $15-$18? I'll grab a couple of screenshots of some of my previous orders when they finish the site maintenance.

At least you don't bite your nails. My fingers are terrible. :lol:
Alright thanks mate.

Still looking for it.

If you don't find it, just make it from crooked Greenlight windshields. It'll be the best use for them, if anything...

Pink is for effect!

Yes, the girl scout effect, how could I forget? :P

You need to check it out on youtube. Just search for "regular review" Miata & it should come up. I'm going to go watch it again. Lights go up, lights go down..... Can't link it on here, because of language(or maybe not, it's been awhile).

Edit:

I didn't notice any colorful language.

Oh, Regular Car Reviews? That I do know of, I just never seen the Miata review. But thanks for sharing, I'll certainly give it a good look... If it is as funny as the AE86 review (minus its sour language of course), it'll be a great RCR classic! 👍

Feeling a bit spoiled as i clock in and check the tiny hotwheels section my store carries...

Attachments

• 20171016_082145.jpg
    20171016_082145.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 17
Well I wasn't expecting this, but thanks to a shop owner's generosity over prices for a farm diorama my father's making, I fetched myself yet another Siku model. Which one?
SAM_2274.JPG

SAM_2275.JPG SAM_2276.JPG SAM_2277.JPG
It's the Hellkitty! A model that isn't seen often around these parts (not in scale form that is), which pleasantly surprised me when I saw it on display. It's a bulky little car, but it makes sense given how much of a walrus the real-life Challenger is. And yes the tailights aren't plastic parts, but the painted ones aren't half-bad. Plus the SRT badge on the front grille looks really good, so that's another plus. And the rims aren't the usual 5-spoke design that is featured in cars like my Alfa 4C, so it stands out amidst my Sikus on that aspect alone.

Now there are a few interesting questions about this. A) Why does it have a tow bar and B) why did Siku opt to paint this in lime green? I'm not complaining about either detail, but it's certainly a couple of amusing details. Usually all the Hellkitties one sees are painted red and far from living the towing car life, if you catch my drift...

SAM_2279.JPG

Last edited:
Alright thanks mate.
Would have posted these yesterday but for some reason the AmiAmi site was down most of the day. :crazy:

screenshot-secure.amiami.com-2017-10-17-06-41-48-150.png

screenshot-secure.amiami.com-2017-10-17-06-46-23-163.png

Both are the air small packet shipping option. I assume the second was slightly more expensive because, four cars instead of two? I don't know. :lol:
It's the Hellkitty!

Hellkitty. :lol:

Sweet score, I like the colour. 👍 It could definitely do without the tow bar though.

They were probably trying for this, but it’s not metallic, at least not from far away.
View attachment 680736

Ah, I see, it is a factory color. From what I can gather by looking at it, it seems to be metallic paint, but not by much... Maybe calling it "glossy" is a more correct term? At least it doesn't have the infamous paint flakes, which would worsen the paint to a great degree.

Hellkitty. :lol:

Sweet score, I like the colour. 👍 It could definitely do without the tow bar though.

Well it can be docile... as long as you forget about the existence of the second key entirely, that is. :lol:

Joke aside, thanks. 👍 The tow bar is definitely the strangest detail about the car. It may be as American as the car itself, but both don't mesh so well together... Wouldn't the car just fall to pieces if it tried to tow anything at all with how grunt it has? :scared:

Class III hitch comes standard on all Dodges, including Viper concept cars. Everybody knows that....
I've tried to stop but I can't help it. I fidget too much. :lol:
Time to get yourself a fidget spinner...
A Greenlight town to go with your Tomica one? What a wonderful idea. :P:tup:
I saw this one coming from exactly 3,000 miles away.
If you don't find it, just make it from crooked Greenlight windshields. It'll be the best use for them, if anything...
As soon as I finish all my wheelswap projects.
Yes, the girl scout effect, how could I forget? :P
It's actually salmon.
Oh, Regular Car Reviews? That I do know of, I just never seen the Miata review. But thanks for sharing, I'll certainly give it a good look... If it is as funny as the AE86 review (minus its sour language of course), it'll be a great RCR classic!
It's the best.
Would have posted these yesterday but for some reason the AmiAmi site was down most of the day. :crazy:
Well, it did say maintenance, but as you know, they were delayed coming back online.
Both are the air small packet shipping option. I assume the second was slightly more expensive because, four cars instead of two? I don't know. :lol:
Both are bargains. Try quoting that shipping from U.S. :nervous:

Class III hitch comes standard on all Dodges, including Viper concept cars. Everybody knows that....

Would you believe it if I said I didn't knew about that? Never heard of a brand putting tow hitches on everything they sell. Especially for concept cars, why would you put one on cars that will amount to little more than rollers...? :boggled:

As soon as I finish all my wheelswap projects.

How many do you have lined up? More than a hundred pages worth of cars?

It's actually salmon.

But aren't salmons usually oran... eh, fair enough. I think I'm running out of witty responses for this topic, better stop before I exhaust my ammo clip.

It's the best.

Indeed it is. The way he ended that Miata review... So darn wild, haha. He's like the amalgation of all three of Grand Tour's hosts! It shouldn't really work, but he manages to do so pretty well...

Would you believe it if I said I didn't knew about that? Never heard of a brand putting tow hitches on everything they sell. Especially for concept cars, why would you put one on cars that will amount to little more than rollers...? :boggled:

Probably because not serious :gtpflag:

A question for you HotWheels collectors. I have recently acquired some HW and I'm wondering how best to open them and preserve the card as much as possible. For my previous HW purchases I would use the Ace**** method if the back is plain card, or I would cut around the blister if the Ace**** method won't work.

How do you open yours? Any other method(s) to keep the card as intact as possible?

I think @a6m5 has cut around the blister here?

0.JPG

Time to get yourself a fidget spinner...

But I've already got one. :lol:
Both are bargains.

Even more of a bargain for you with your super sweet US exchange rates. :grumpy:👍
Try quoting that shipping from U.S. :nervous:

I don't want to. :scared: :lol:
The tow bar is definitely the strangest detail about the car. It may be as American as the car itself, but both don't mesh so well together... Wouldn't the car just fall to pieces if it tried to tow anything at all with how grunt it has? :scared:

Siku have sets with trailers, right? Maybe it's a just there so you use it with them?

Last edited:
Finally got my Fatlace VW Bus, but the second package with my hoodie & t-shirt is still sitting at the post office, because the lady there can't find it(I swear she's blind, as this happens just with her). :banghead:

000.JPG

0000000.jpg

Probably because not serious :gtpflag:
Isn't that what they call "downforce"? Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know anything about cars.
How many do you have lined up? More than a hundred pages worth of cars?
I'm still in one of the earlier stages, so I'm still trying to decide. If I want to actually do it or not.
But aren't salmons usually oran... eh, fair enough. I think I'm running out of witty responses for this topic, better stop before I exhaust my ammo clip.
It's the typical defense around here when a guy is accosted for wearing pink. :lol:
Indeed it is. The way he ended that Miata review... So darn wild, haha. He's like the amalgation of all three of Grand Tour's hosts! It shouldn't really work, but he manages to do so pretty well...
It's the gleaming gold standard against which all youtube videos must be measured & it's the best.
I’m liking what Tomica has done here. Much like the MINI Cooper JCW and the new Impreza, the special first release variants are no longer just recolors. Rather, they are different models just in the same mold.
I'm surprised by it, considering the added cost for Tomica.
A question for you HotWheels collectors. I have recently acquired some HW and I'm wondering how best to open them and preserve the card as much as possible. For my previous HW purchases I would use the Ace**** method if the back is plain card, or I would cut around the blister if the Ace**** method won't work.

How do you open yours? Any other method(s) to keep the card as intact as possible?

I think @a6m5 has cut around the blister here?

0.JPG
I did! High dollar cars I cut it neatly around the blister, and I always use a box cutter.

I don't know why, as I just cut the chunk off the top of the card to save, and store with the car in the storage case compartment(top portion has the serial# on hologram).
But I've already got one. :lol:
I thought you did.... NOW USE IT.
Even more of a bargain for you with your super sweet US exchange rates. :grumpy:👍
Don't be jearous my friend. Yeah, I'd be jearous, too.[/engrish] :P
I don't want to. :scared: :lol:
It's insane. How does USPS charge so much more in postage & lose billions of dollars!?

I don't know why, as I just cut the chunk off the top of the card to save, and store with the car in the storage case compartment(top portion has the serial# on hologram).

You should save the whole card, not just the top bit!
I thought you did.... NOW USE IT.

I do though, that's the thing. :lol:

View attachment 680740

View attachment 680741

That is very cheap compared to Japan Booster. I'd be able to buy much more with the same amount of money! I can't be paying $30 for a TLV all the time. However I'll need to ask my mother first because I don't have a credit card or PayPal account!
Another question: If you pre-order two products that release on a different day, are they shipped together or individually? I don't want to pay postage twice over. Example: If the Spark 1:64 Bentley releases in December, and the Honda Civic Type R from TLV releases in February, can both of them be shipped in February? Is that possible?

However I'll need to ask my mother first because I don't have a credit card or PayPal account!

Understandable if she has doubts about them but they're solid. I've not had any issues at all. 👍
Example: If the Spark 1:64 Bentley releases in December, and the Honda Civic Type R from TLV releases in February, can both of them be shipped in February? Is that possible?

No, unfortunately not. You can only combine things that are released in the same month into one order.

Good thing about them though. Is that they don't ask for payment until the item is in stock, they give you seven days to pay for it too.

Understandable if she has doubts about them but they're solid. I've not had any issues at all. 👍

No, unfortunately not. You can only combine things that are released in the same month into one order.

Good thing about them though. Is that they don't ask for payment until the item is in stock, they give you seven days to pay for it too.
Looks like I'll have to hold out on the Civic then!

Siku have sets with trailers, right? Maybe it's a just there so you use it with them?

Well they do, but all the Siku road cars I have lack a tow bar. The 4C, the Traction Avant and the Wiesmann MP4, none features it... Maybe it all boils down to the fact that Dodge puts them as a standard item in their cars, really.

Isn't that what they call "downforce"? Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know anything about cars.

Er... I'm afraid you're being a old man about this. Tow bars go completely against downforce, especially if you're aiming for aerodynamic grip from the bottom of the car. They'd just get in the way more often than not... And besides, a car like the Challenger could care less about aerodynamics. If it had a job interview, it'd go like this;

"So, what are your skills, Mr. Hellkitty?"

"I can go viciously fast in a straight line."

"...that's all? You do not possess any other skills?"

"What are these "other skills" you're talking about? Do they taste any good?"

It's a very... blunt car. That's why it has two keys; one is if you want to go past corners with your life intact, the other is if you want to experience what was like to drive an Auto Union F1 from the 1930s! :lol:

I'm still in one of the earlier stages, so I'm still trying to decide. If I want to actually do it or not.

Wow, such a Japanese way to approach it. I guess the pondering will take a lot of time, then...

It's the typical defense around here when a guy is accosted for wearing pink. :lol:

And what an excuse it is, haha. Just call it salmon, no one will question it despite salmons having different colors... :lol:

It's the gleaming gold standard against which all youtube videos must be measured & it's the best.

Not even Drivetribe's videos rank above it? Wow, that's quite the praise. But I won't disagree, comedy car videos could learn 10 things or 20 from RCR. It's definitely the yard stick for them...

So the illest/Hot Wheels apparel I was supposed to receive last Saturday ran late. USPS Priority Mail. Had to wait until Monday.

Monday, tracking showed that it was ready for pickup, I go there & the blind postal worker there(not really blind), who is the only person who has trouble finding my packages(ongoing for years), she missed this package I was hoping to pickup since Saturday, but the line is long, so I just decide to pick it up today....... Tracking:

Capture.PNG

After the bottom line(October 16th), it said that it was ready for pickup. Today, it was scanned at another zip code. What is their malfunction? Last time they did something like this, some of my items came in pieces. It would be interesting to see how much damage they could do on a hoodie & t-shirt. Privatize the postal service already. Please. 👎
You should save the whole card, not just the top bit!
Wouldn't fit inside the compartment for the cars!
I do though, that's the thing. :lol:
Stop multi-tasking!
Er... I'm afraid you're being a old man about this. Tow bars go completely against downforce, especially if you're aiming for aerodynamic grip from the bottom of the car. They'd just get in the way more often than not... And besides, a car like the Challenger could care less about aerodynamics.
.......Exactly, that's why it uses gravity to create downforce! I said!
Wow, such a Japanese way to approach it.
I wouldn't call it exactly that.
Not even Drivetribe's videos rank above it? Wow, that's quite the praise. But I won't disagree, comedy car videos could learn 10 things or 20 from RCR. It's definitely the yard stick for them...
Those are the lines from that Miata video, it's the best.
Just bought the TLV 911 Porsche in yellow! Finally!
That's weird. I wanted black & you wanted yellow, we both had the other. :crazy:
@a6m5 , please hug that black TLV Porsche for me. I miss it.
I tried to do more, but it tried to call "911". I'm here all week, you guy's been great. P.S. Love the Minichamps Porsche I bought from you, thanks!!

I uncarded the Convention 240Z. It was gonna happen sooner or later.

3.jpg
4.jpg

I was looking at your photos and noticed some worrying stuff. Does your car have a lot of paint chips and scratches? The most noticeable is on the wheel arch in the photo above. Is it really a paint chip? I noticed a lot of other smaller chips and scuffs as well. And that black rearlight paintwork. Is it really like that? Shocking...

I'll admit I have this on order as well, and yes, I did pay the going auction rate :indiff: . The retail price of these are comparable to TLV and I would have expected the quality control to be similar. If I was paying retail price for this I would be disappointed, but paying auction price I'm almost cry.

A postal worker, right?
I want to see this episode, but neither Hulu or Netflix has it. Useless TV!
View attachment 681175 View attachment 681176

I was looking at your photos and noticed some worrying stuff. Does your car have a lot of paint chips and scratches? The most noticeable is on the wheel arch in the photo above. Is it really a paint chip? I noticed a lot of other smaller chips and scuffs as well. And that black rearlight paintwork. Is it really like that? Shocking...

I'll admit I have this on order as well, and yes, I did pay the going auction rate :indiff: . The retail price of these are comparable to TLV and I would have expected the quality control to be similar. If I was paying retail price for this I would be disappointed, but paying auction price I'm almost cry.
That is a paint chip, but here's the thing: Hot Wheels & Tomicas are apples to oranges. Popular Hot Wheels retain their value well, and while it's going for $100+ online, those are the secondary market pricing(sellers are similar to scalper in a way). In "new" value, these convention cars are generally no better in quality than $15~$20 RLC cars(red line club). Finish on the rear panel, flaws in detailing like that would be noticeable on my blog due to macro shots, but in person, it actually doesn't look that bad. Paint chip is weird, but me personally, this car's so awesome I'm not that bummed about it. *shrug*

Chips would affect its value, but I wouldn't sweat too much over rough detailing. Are you opening yours, or keeping it carded? If you are keeping it carded, small stuff won't affect the value of your car at all. Again, these things are nothing like TLVs quality control. You could say that was exactly why we were so shocked at the rear wing on 787B. ;)

Nice thing about the TLVs are how you can take the cars out of the box, enjoy it, then put it back in its packaging. Hot Wheels, once you uncard it, value will drop to, my rough guess, 60~70% of the carded cars, so be aware!

Are you opening yours, or keeping it carded?

I will open it. I open everthing I buy.

One of the reasons I mainly collect Tomica’s is because 90% of them are standard boxes. Easy to open without damage and easy to store. I recently bought some HW Datsuns and already struggling where to put them. They take up so much space, and even more in their protector cases.

Back