1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,471 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 317 50.9%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.4%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.1%

• Total voters
I have multiple ideas with multiple results. :mischievous:

:lol: :nervous:
it won't even complain about all the family bricks laying around... It's like stray Legos on wheels! :P :lol:

Family Trucksters aren't as deadly as Lego's! :lol:
Yeah, the old BTCC has a lot to offer.

BTTC in the '90's was the best. So many cool cars and liveries.
That's performance? I thought bosozoku cars were mostly style and snowplow-esque finesse... :P :lol:

That's why a6 needs to go full bosozoku on his Nissan. The snowplow would be so handy for those snowy Oregon winters! :dopey:

And here it is! Neat little thing. It makes a terrific desk piece.

Since I pre-ordered it way back when, it came with the sticker sheet (:sly:) but I'm sad to report that the surfboard was nowhere to be found. While I would be pretty upset, I got one of their Hot Wheels keychains as a substitute, so I can't be *too* upset; they probably either ran out or forgot. Kinda disappointing considering it took so long to get here, but I'll what they say in an email.

Anyways, the bus is neat though! I would open it up and remove it from the base and all that but I don't want to damage it at all :lol:
IMG_2762.JPG
IMG_2764.JPG

IMG_2765.JPG
IMG_2766.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2760.JPG
    IMG_2760.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2761.JPG
    IMG_2761.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 12
Put a pre-order in for these two this morning. Interesting to see how they will compare to the Kyosho version.
TOY-SCL2-80259.jpg
TOY-SCL2-80258.jpg

The racing is still good from time to time. If I come across the highlights on Foxtel, I'll watch it.
Where did you pre-order from?

That's a shame.
?
You aren't taking it if neither of us can find it.
What does this mean!? :lol:
Some cars look better when loose. I think that'd be one of them.
I'm still debating it. Gah.
Very cool. I'll agree with Space Goat Knight, simplicity works best for these old Fairladys. And it shows, because the choice of rims suits the car like a glove, there are no unnecessary ricer extensions and the whole thing just oozes charisma. 👍
Shame it'll be an exclusive-sort of car with rocket-price tags, because I would love to own one... :(
I'm glad to have it, but yeah, too rare, too much $$$.
Again, fair enough. Now all they need is to forget rustproofing and churn out accidental rat rods. So much profit you don't even know...! As long as it's not paint flakes, anything'll work, right? :sly: :lol:
Rust over glitters, yes.
Haha, fair enough, if you say so. Does that mean you were a bit of an introvert? Or just someone who didn't care about doing anything? Either way, it's good that America changed you for the better, chalk one up for the American Dream...
Opposite. I was a one man(or boy) wrecking crew. I went everywhere & must've built bad reputation in almost every one of those places. I might've been a yakuza, or in jail today had I stayed in Japan. It's bit scary to think about.
That's performance? I thought bosozoku cars were mostly style and snowplow-esque finesse... :P :lol:
It's pure performance.
I am surprised the livery on both sides of the cars are tampon printing! Is this a first for TW? All other details still use stickers but this is a major step forward for TW at 1/64.
Good to hear. Nice purchase. 👍
First in a new set of the Star Cars series. I've never been interested in any of Tomica's Star Wars stuff but these are absolutely brilliant.
I almost always pass on Star Wars hot wheels, or Tomicas, but I have one of those, and two more on preorder. One of them is the Chewbacca pickup truck, based on old Ford F-Series. It seems to be carrying busted up C3PO on the bed.
That's why a6 needs to go full bosozoku on his Nissan. The snowplow would be so handy for those snowy Oregon winters! :dopey:
You got me started on something. Last winter, crazy snow in Portland, Oregon area. ALL of fellow sales people at my work has, or have access to four wheel drive. I 🤬 you not, there were couple of days where it was me & one other guy who showed up to work. I have a beater Nissan Altima! I can drive in snow just with chains, while all these guys stay home with 4x4 parked in the garage. :crazy:👎
Since I pre-ordered it way back when, it came with the sticker sheet (:sly:) but I'm sad to report that the surfboard was nowhere to be found. While I would be pretty upset, I got one of their Hot Wheels keychains as a substitute, so I can't be *too* upset; they probably either ran out or forgot. Kinda disappointing considering it took so long to get here, but I'll what they say in an email.
I have bunch of stuff on the way from them, this VW bus included, but I didn't know anything about surfboards. I've been tracking my two packages from their store, and it's in town, but it won't be ready until tomorrow. :( One of the items I purchased, it was little embarrassing.

I hope the shirt is little enough for my nephew. :crazy: P.S. This Mad Manga needs to happen!
Put a pre-order in for these two this morning. Interesting to see how they will compare to the Kyosho version.
I'm not getting my hopes up.
It's amiami.

AmiAmi. Sorry I should have mentioned that. :lol:

There's four Bentley's all up. The other two aren't really doing much for me though. Would love to see a 1/64 of the Corvette at some point. :drool:
What does this mean!? :lol:

I guessing he can't remember where he hid it. :lol:
I have a beater Nissan Altima! I can drive in snow just with chains, while all these guys stay home with 4x4 parked in the garage. :crazy:👎

I recall you mentioning that on twitter last year. :crazy:

Last edited:
In the mail today.

00000.jpg

Followed me home from Walmart:

0.jpg

He did a good job....
I make fun of Californian transplants driving(or trying to) in the rain, but Oregonians are the same way in the snow. Only time I ever get in trouble in snow is when the car high center due to passenger car ground clearance, but that's extremely rare. They do decent job of keeping snow off the roads around here(not great, but decent).
I'll give it to someone to hide but not tell me where they put it. :D
I would never torture you. But I will your friend then. :P

In the mail today.

Honestly, not as nice as the white Z imo. But still damn cool. 👍

Also, hoping you can get your money back from that other seller. Damn. :crazy:
They do decent job of keeping snow off the roads around here(not great, but decent).

They do an excellent job of keeping the snow off the roads around here. You never see it! :dopey:
And that's if you can find him.

I'll be your friend John. You can trust me to keep your 510 safe. :sly: J/k :lol:

Family Trucksters aren't as deadly as Lego's! :lol:

I do not concur. There are enough sharp edges on those things to make them Minecraft weapons! :lol:

BTTC in the '90's was the best. So many cool cars and liveries.

Car variety was great in those years, absolutely. You could see anything from BMWs to Mazda Xedos 6es fighting in super-close racing, and since the series was a major hit with the television folk, sponsors were everywhere to make amazing liveries work.
When the Supertouring rules came about, I feel part of that charm was lost, and soon the whole series got swarmed by expensive cars and messy rule changes. Modern BTCC apparently has some good racing, but also some really aggro drivers...

There you go, that's a wonderful idea! The bro truck community would love that ability so much we wouldn't have to deal with bro stances anymore (since anyone would opt for snowplow wings and splitters! :sly: :lol:

I'm glad to have it, but yeah, too rare, too much $$$.

Well, I guess Mattel needs to find ways to make a bigger profit in some personal projects... Also, that Datsun 510 looks great, again really digging the rim/tyre combo. Stop buying so many beautiful old Datsuns, darn it! Otherwise I will have to fetch those $$$ and end my sanity... :scared: :lol:

Rust over glitters, yes.

So tell me, why did you buy the pink Ford...? :sly: :lol:

Opposite. I was a one man(or boy) wrecking crew. I went everywhere & must've built bad reputation in almost every one of those places. I might've been a yakuza, or in jail today had I stayed in Japan. It's bit scary to think about.

Sounds like you were a bancho-type person back then. Not quite criminal, but picking a fight wherever you went... All you missed was having a group of underlings, following you around. I can see why remembering those memories terrifies you. America straightened you out, for the better.

It's pure performance.

Yes, I wouldn't go for anything else to clear all the excess snow in my driveway. It's as pure as that snow is white... :sly: :lol:

Liking the M2 Truck. 👍
Thanks!
And that's if you can find him.
1xm97h.jpg
Honestly, not as nice as the white Z imo. But still damn cool. 👍
I'm feeling about the same. That Z has great vintage JDM vibe to it. 👍
Also, hoping you can get your money back from that other seller. Damn. :crazy:
Thanks, me too man. :(
They do an excellent job of keeping the snow off the roads around here. You never see it! :dopey:
God clears your roads, he dumps on ours.......
Stop buying so many beautiful old Datsuns, darn it!
I will.
So tell me, why did you buy the pink Ford...? :sly: :lol:
$5.99, and I already have many rustbuckets.
Sounds like you were a bancho-type person back then. Not quite criminal, but picking a fight wherever you went... All you missed was having a group of underlings, following you around. I can see why remembering those memories terrifies you. America straightened you out, for the better.
Thinking back, I was actually getting into fistfights on weekly basis in the U.S., too. :lol: I'm reformed now though, that's what matters. My uncle once said, it's okay to get all the aggression out when you are young, but you have to mature. That one stuck with me.
Yes, I wouldn't go for anything else to clear all the excess snow in my driveway. It's as pure as that snow is white... :sly: :lol:
No...... PURE PERFORMANCE.

Unlikely, good sir. Especially when Mattel continues to deliver so many good variations of their castings...

$5.99, and I already have many rustbuckets.

So I guess it was "affordable glitter", huh? Nothing wrong with a little variety, but the color is not usual for a pickup... Unless they're sponsored by Pepto Bismol. :lol:

Thinking back, I was actually getting into fistfights on weekly basis in the U.S., too. :lol: I'm reformed now though, that's what matters. My uncle once said, it's okay to get all the aggression out when you are young, but you have to mature. That one stuck with me.

Well that's one Japanese tradition that isn't advertised on their turism leaflets, is it? :lol:
Joke aside, being away from that is indeed what matters. Maturity is something we might fear because it might take away our freedom and inocence, but we must understand and embrace it. Soon it'll become unacceptable to lash out at people with our emotions without care or understanding... Your uncle has the right mindset of living, kudos to him. 👍

Right, trackdays bro performance and whatnot. Truly a wonder of lightweight proportions with all the massive width and spoiler length... :P :lol:

Unlikely, good sir. Especially when Mattel continues to deliver so many good variations of their castings...
It's a promise.
So I guess it was "affordable glitter", huh? Nothing wrong with a little variety, but the color is not usual for a pickup... Unless they're sponsored by Pepto Bismol. :lol:
It's lowered!
Well that's one Japanese tradition that isn't advertised on their turism leaflets, is it? :lol:
Joke aside, being away from that is indeed what matters. Maturity is something we might fear because it might take away our freedom and inocence, but we must understand and embrace it. Soon it'll become unacceptable to lash out at people with our emotions without care or understanding... Your uncle has the right mindset of living, kudos to him. 👍
My uncle wasn't worried about it, but my mom certainly was. I think it went into consideration before immigrating to the U.S.
Right, trackdays bro performance and whatnot. Truly a wonder of lightweight proportions with all the massive width and spoiler length... :P :lol:
I don't know, but that Miata video is one of the funniest thing on internet.

Car variety was great in those years, absolutely. You could see anything from BMWs to Mazda Xedos 6es fighting in super-close racing, and since the series was a major hit with the television folk, sponsors were everywhere to make amazing liveries work.

Let's not forget too. That '90's BTCC gave us, possibly, the coolest racecar of all time. :lol: :drool:
God clears your roads, he dumps on ours.......

I'll never be able to look at snow the same way again. :lol:

AmiAmi. Sorry I should have mentioned that. :lol:

There's four Bentley's all up. The other two aren't really doing much for me though. Would love to see a 1/64 of the Corvette at some point. :drool:

Is shipping cheap? I don't want to pay a huge amount for a small purchase of like, 3 cars for example.

I uncarded the Convention 240Z. It was gonna happen sooner or later.

00x.jpg

My hand's looking little rough this week, but I couldn't help taking this shot. :lol:

P.S. USPS screwed me today. I was expecting those illest Hot Wheels VW buses, apparels, etc., but of the three packages(2 illest, another something), not one made it through today. Tracking came up this evening, hours after post office had closed that my packages are ready. WTF. :crazy:

I'll never be able to look at snow the same way again. :lol:
It's like I'm a poet amirite.

It's a promise.

Time to fetch the "broken promises" jar then, I'll be rich!

It's lowered

So? There are countless lowered cars which aren't pink...! Countless vehicles not powered by Pepto Bismol! :lol:

I don't know, but that Miata video is one of the funniest thing on internet.

"Miata video"? What is that reference? I don't really recall any funny Miata video in my mind...

Is shipping cheap? I don't want to pay a huge amount for a small purchase of like, 3 cars for example.

I go with the small air packet or whatever it's called. One of the cheaper shipping options, normally around $15-$18? I'll grab a couple of screenshots of some of my previous orders when they finish the site maintenance.
My hand's looking little rough this week, but I couldn't help taking this shot. :lol:

At least you don't bite your nails. My fingers are terrible. :lol:

Time to fetch the "broken promises" jar then, I'll be rich!
Still looking for it.
So? There are countless lowered cars which aren't pink...! Countless vehicles not powered by Pepto Bismol! :lol:
Pink is for effect!
"Miata video"? What is that reference? I don't really recall any funny Miata video in my mind...
You need to check it out on youtube. Just search for "regular review" Miata & it should come up. I'm going to go watch it again. Lights go up, lights go down..... Can't link it on here, because of language(or maybe not, it's been awhile).

Edit:

I didn't notice any colorful language.
At least you don't bite your nails. My fingers are terrible. :lol:
No way! If I knew you in real life dude, you would kill me, as I would harass you everyday until you stop. :lol:

Last edited:
Back