1/64 Model Collectors Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter SVX
  • 55,854 comments
  • 4,115,510 views

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

  • Yes.

    Votes: 329 51.1%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

    Votes: 131 20.3%
  • Nope.

    Votes: 96 14.9%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

    Votes: 126 19.6%

  • Total voters
    644
As nice as that VW is. Totally understand why you didn't want to stand in a long queue with just that. :lol:
Yeah, I took a quick peek at the cashiers area to see if it would be worth my time, but no way Jose.

Somewhat related story. Years ago, I found Hot Wheels Boulevard Camaro that was very popular. I take it to the Walmart checkout line & there's a line.

I almost never do this, but I didn't even put it back on the pegs in the toy section, I just throw it on one of the bins & walked off. That was the only time I ever saw that Camaro in stores(and this is when I was hunting everywhere!).

Couple years later or something, I finally buy one on online. Roof is caved. Maybe I was punished for not putting the car back on the pegs.... j/k :lol:
 
Hot Wheels Boulevard Camaro

Wasn't aware that there was a Camaro in the Boulevard line. What did it look like?
Couple years later or something, I finally buy one on online. Roof is caved. Maybe I was punished for not putting the car back on the pegs.... j/k :lol:

Sounds like karma. :lol:👍

At least you've got a set of nice wheels for your wheelswap project. 💡 :p
 
Wasn't aware that there was a Camaro in the Boulevard line. What did it look like?
This one.

2cb3193f9ba2e84593a084fea2598050.jpg


Sounds like karma. :lol:👍

At least you've got a set of nice wheels for your wheelswap project. 💡 :p
Don't be a smart ass, Jarrod. Naturally, I pretend that the car was in a rollover accident!
 
Not a huge fan of the large rear wheels but they look good on that one. 👍
Did you just jump in in your DeLorean & go back to 2011, because that was the exact sentiments back then. Do you remember? :lol:
 
Did you just jump in in your DeLorean & go back to 2011, because that was the exact sentiments back then. Do you remember? :lol:

It does sound like something I said in the past. :lol:👍
 
It does sound like something I said in the past. :lol:👍
I remember somebody saying it about this car. It may have been me. Back then, we all whined about the large rear wheels/tires!
 
Been working on something for the past two months to help organise/display the collection.

20171125_132843.jpg


Hopefully it's obvious enough what it's supposed to be. The frame is already glued and all the long pieces are cut and sanded, just need to cut 22 more of the small dividing pieces and a large part to act as a cover. Then I'll just slide it all the way to the back, load it with cars and hey presto, a display case with room to display even more stuff in front of it.

Never worked with plexiglass before, so this was an interesting (and expensive, plexiglass isn't cheap) project that I learned a lot from.
 
Last edited:
Great idea, nice design! Don't 🤬 it up! :lol:
 
Acrylic*

But yes, it's not cheap, unless you are ballsy enough to cheap out on thickness.

I was going to go with 3mm at first but realised that's probably a bad idea since I don't want it to sag. Went with 5mm instead. Support shouldn't be an issue since it's so snug it has the wood as support and can't really go anywhere... thankfully since my home made acetone glue probably isn't as strong as brand name stuff. Cheaper though.
 
20171125_135501.jpg


Working at Toys R Us is starting to become dangerous...
 
Why? Has there been an increase of single men with questionable hygiene approaching you at the workplace?

No. Well, not yet at least. :lol:

But I am ever so slightly worried about feeding the addiction. Not enough to stop keeping an eye out whenever I pass the pegs, but its there. And I'm not trying to collect massively, but only those that catch my fancy.
 
From working a year at Walmart trust me I know. Anyway got these while looking for batteries
Miata, golf country, i3, and Jeep
B8D26077-6A08-416C-B4FC-31A365B4F621.jpeg
 
R33 recolor will be similar (but not the same) to the real car's midnight purple. (pay no attention to the wheels)

News8Nov0002.jpg

And this one looks pretty nice.

News6Nov0002.jpg
 
R33 recolor will be similar (but not the same) to the real car's midnight purple. (pay no attention to the wheels)

News8Nov0002.jpg

And this one looks pretty nice.

News6Nov0002.jpg
Definitely getting the R33 again.

And the TH$ version of that Kenmeri looks bad ass.
 
Glad the recolor of the R33 is keeping the headlight and taillight tampos. Wonder if the wheels will be any different.
News8Nov0001.jpg

MNP! Now my hope is we get a yellow with black trim to ape the Nismo 400R.
 
VXR
MNP! Now my hope is we get a yellow with black trim to ape the Nismo 400R.
Imagine if they made it into a Car Culture. The details would be amazing.
 
Damn it, dude.... I could live without all of them, except that CRX. :nervous:

It'll be released as a single though, right?

Edit: What's that blue car in the corner? Infiniti G35/37 or whatever?
 
It'll be released as a single though, right?
Ja mon!

Actually we may not know anytime soon. Some of these things stay multi-pack exclusives, and this is most obvious when you see them appear in 3-packs.
 
You and your mixed signals......

:lol:
 
Back