1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,501 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
A couple cool finds at Walmart that I passed on.

Ohai there new Manga.

This was tempting but I didn't want to cough up $10 for it.

Anyway, here is what I came home with this evening.

One of the better MB 5-Packs aside from the VW and classics ones I'd say.

I came across that Caddy you mentioned Jason.
And it looks like Andy with have a new donor for those wheels. :lol:

I finally found these! The Tacoma is sooo cool except for the wheels of course, but I plan on changing that.

I got two of these vans for the wheels.

I bought one of those Team HW Tacomas in hopes to paint the thing, but I put on nascar wheels and I liked it like that and don't want to paint it anymore :lol:.

OhskoshM-ATVdarkgreen_zps3ebcf77e.jpg

OldsAuroraGTS-1MuscleCar_zps0632053f.jpg

SurfinSchoolBussilver_zps45e98124.jpg

MBXRVwhite_zps449b8c91.jpg

That RV's going to get a special treatment.... so will my GM Motorhome.

Yes, Barbies have very expensive castings. :lol:
Lol do you mean D Pillars? My wife told me if a Barbie was full size its proportions would make standing up impossible
From B Pillars to D Cups.... So I see. :lol:

What . . is going on here? :grumpy:
Get your mounds minds off this and back on topic. Enough titillating yourselves with this Barbie stuff - crikey, even the Google ads for the page are keeping abreast of our discussion.
Now where were we. Yes. Diecast cups cars, cars, I mean cars.
Okay - this one is for a6m5 - who enjoys my posts and doesn't hesitate to tell me - he's either flattering me towards snagging a car from my collection, or he is the benchmark honorable Japanese gentleman. I'll be the stereotypical polite canuck and infer he's the latter.
This is the MB wall display I have, a6m5 - it shrinks and expands according to my mood - there are days I may take a whole clump of them off, open them, photograph, tinker around with, drool over, etc, before they go into the boxes of open vehicles. New cars come in regularly - there are some new ones in here:

IMG_0533.jpg

I will post pics of the HW wall soon (much bigger display, of course)

Also, guys, I did go back to that store to cause a war about the switched Boulevards - long story - maybe later when I have more time - right now rushing off to collect some supplies for a job we are starting late afternoon, just a quick drop in to touch base with Andy:

These are the cars I'm sending out today, AOS-

IMG_0527.jpg

Lucky, just lucky! :lol::P

I'll hopefully will find one soon though.

Hopefully you will. 👍
Lol do you mean D Pillars? My wife told me if a Barbie was full size its proportions would make standing up impossible

:lol:
A couple cool finds at Walmart that I passed on.

Great, just when I thought I had all the High Speed Wheels thingy's I wanted, you go and post that Fiesta. I've gots to have one now.

Yeah, good luck finding that one. Scalpers will get all of them. :crazy:

And Harry, you know I'm totally a gentleman oozing with class. :dopey: That is a cool display man, and you have few really cool cars I've never even seen before. I'm looking forward to the Part II featuring Hot Wheels! 👍

P.S. If you never finish your "long" story, we'll never forgive you!

Yeah, good luck finding that one. Scalpers will get all of them. :crazy:

You really think those cars will be hoarded where you live? Lol. Most people will go "what's this baseball cap" and throw it away and grab all the Camaros.

Still... super-odd casting coming from Hot Wheels, but it looks awesome. You know what to do, people. I'll take one whenever you ahppen to find an extra.

Baseball cap. :lol:👍 This was the only car I ever actually posted a picture of in the "Have you seen anything good today?" thread. In the frigging Costco parking lot!

If it's not gonna be the scalpers & hoarders, it's gonna be a Canada-only Racing Series release. :P

Mysterious Renault 5 Turbo that will be headed our way for 2013. Boulevard car?

Please for the love of whomever let it be a Boulevard. I want those wheels and the Porsches are hella scarce now. They're an endangered casting in the GTA thanks to yours truly. :P
If it's not gonna be the scalpers & hoarders, it's gonna be a Canada-only Racing Series release. :P
If it is a Racing Series...*gasp* maybe it's going to be a RALLY SERIES!!!!!

edit: Actually, the green is too silly to be a HW Racing series. Boulevard if anything.

We can just make it black & yellow black & yellow on our own.

Damn, Harry, Xpresspost.... :sly: And damn you for sending me a blue FJ40...now I'm torn whether or not I should keep that or throw that in with the purple ones I have for a future custom.

This morning over on Facebook, Lamley posted a picture of a 2013 Showroom card with the E30 M3 on it.
No picture of the car though. :odd:

Anyone have an answer as to why my Splittin' Image II has "Sting Ray III" on the bottom as it's car name?
Im not sure, i believe i have one like that to, but i am as clueless as you are on why it is like that.
Altough they are missing a few.
I think so to Cano. Which ones you think are missing?
Some are pretty damn scarce
I can believe that.;) The local toy store I go to called Kit Kringle literally gets nothing but Hot Wheels from the '90s and early 2000's all the time, occasionally I see newer ones. It's not every day I find these Corgi's, usually, when they stock up, they usually get what I would ballpark as 150 Hot Wheels, usually, I find like 2 or 3 Corgi's in there, as a matter of fact, I saw this one last time I went and that Testarossa again. Vehicles of these kinds come easy for me.;)
and yes indeed, they are all made in China.
Not all of them, I was just looking on that link you posted and there are some that aren't made in China, but still, most of them are made in china.;) As a matter of fact, one thing I have noticed with these Corgi castings is they don't say just the word "China" on it like most HW's, they actually say "Made in China" on the base instead.;)
:lol: Just looking at HW stuff on e-bay when i came across this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-M...d=link&campid=5335953668&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Had one when i was younger. Damn!! i miss that thing.
Wow, that's an amazing set!:eek:👍 You certainly don't find good playsets like that anymore.:indiff: It would be so much fun to play with my Corgi castings on that set.:drool: Kind of reminds me of an old car wash set I used to have when I was like 3 or 4. I loved that set!:D I played with it so much, it broke!:eek: I remember it came with a burgundy '93 Mustang, used to play with that one a lot, still got it!:D Pity I don't have the set anymore.:indiff: I hope to find it again someday!:)

Yes, Barbies have very expensive castings. :lol:
Not this one.;) :lol:

By the way A6M5, here are these Testarossa's I was telling you about.;)

The one on the left is my brother's mainline Testarossa, the one on the right is my white Corgi casting of the Testarossa.;) Both are Hot Wheels of course, but see the size difference?:drool:
2012-11-20-175225.jpg

Edit: Reuploaded since I no longer need Photobucket.

Last edited:
They're teasing. Doesn't surprise me.

601365_466067440105917_230749286_n.jpg

Edit: Anyone still have access to the Hotwheels Racing Pikes Peak Celica? I need one.

It's still very exciting since I'll never get my hands on the Road Racers one.

I picked up a Celica about a week ago I think, but you can't have it. :P

Latest Posts

Back