1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,500 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Sorry a6m5 & RCKakashi, but i'm really not diggin that GTR LM cast... the detail looks good, but my word, the shape, :yuck: it looks really off.

Cool Tomi NSX a6m5 (really want the B&W proto version), the R33 cop car looks cool too. đź‘Ť

@ Vspec, cheers man đź‘Ť (if only i had 2 of them).

@ R1600. PM sent.

Last edited:
Sorry a6m5 & RCKakashi, but i'm really not diggin that GTR LM cast... the detail looks good, but my word, the shape, :yuck: it looks really off.

That's new Tomica for you. That's why I wouldn't be caught dead with a recent Tomica. At least a new casting and not one that's a retool of the made-in-Japan stuff. They are freaking horrible.

Someone on HWC is helping me figure out the release years for the Matchbox FD RX-7, and he pointed out this site which has a listing of all the Premier line of cars. I think you guys should take a look at it, you may find some things you like. A lot of really nice cars in here:

Edit: Link no worky. See post #13325 below.

Last edited:
Cool link R1600 đź‘Ť, ahh the nostalgia :) had so many of them, shame it only goes up to 84 though.

Regarding Tomica Cano. How come the drop in cast quality/accuracy (for want of a better term)...?, the older stuff looks amazing compared to the newer stuff.

Great grabs Wyvern, too bad I already have all of those.

I bought the lot just for the sanitation truck. I'm certain I have the others mint loose, but if I don't I'll pop open those and sell off the rest. No reason having too many copies of each car.

You didn't have the trash truck? How come? I've got both Mexican versions and even one like yours, for me it has been one of the most common 80's cars to grab. I've sold like 4, all mexican.

As for Tomicas, I dunno why. The quality of the cars is good, but they are very very badly scaled. I mean it's not as good as when they wee metal/metal, and indeed detail has gone down, but it's not bad, and that has happened to practically ever surviving brand. I think it may come down to the toy design in itself. Oh and the wheels.

:lol: <-- My reaction when I saw this.

New0001.jpg

^^^^ Oh jeez! Whomever stood up in the meeting and said let's make a "bumper car" ought be counseled

You didn't have the trash truck? How come? I've got both Mexican versions and even one like yours, for me it has been one of the most common 80's cars to grab. I've sold like 4, all mexican.

Oh..I have two mint loose. (well as mint as you can get with how tightly they were packaged...the rear top side almost always has slight edge wear.)

What I didn't have was a carded version.

Found an old picture showing one of the Sanitation trucks.

EDIT: just noticed I have a rogue Redline in there!
IMG_0718_zpsa0bb6827.jpg

Last edited:
Okay. Scratch the Flintmobile GTP Livery thing. We're going for bumper cars now! :lol:

stickers_zpsedf5dc06.jpg

ShelbyGT-5001968white_zpsa9ee5353.jpg

Might evolve from dioramas to mini studios. I also just thought of doing a new angle (not what you see above) for my documentation photos. This'll cover my photography aspect and replace my low-res photos. 2-in-1 goal.

Last edited:
There's about 15 cars I want there pretty badly, just not for $10 each!
My RS200 and Sierra XR4 were each $3.50.

Microwaving instant noodles? :yuck: Boil water at the very least..
As you know, I'm Japanese, but those microwavable Korean noodles taste decent, and WAY more convenient than the traditional boiling kind. đź‘Ť
a6-san, Here's more of my 1/64s:

CM's Subaru Impreza WRC (Show Version)

8290803472_f592a8e6fe_c.jpg
That's the one I ordered, hopefully. Seller's picture's so crappy & small I couldn't say with certainty if the wheels are the same. :crazy: One in the pic, that is the one I was trying to get.
&#12381;&#12428;&#12384;&#12369;&#12391;&#12377;&#12290;&#12418;&#12387;&#12392;1/64&#12434;&#35211;&#12383;&#12356;&#12391;&#12377;&#12363;&#65311; :sly:
You bet. :lol:

Cool Tomi NSX a6m5 (really want the B&W proto version), the R33 cop car looks cool too. đź‘Ť
Thanks bro. đź‘Ť Yeah, GT-R LM, it was a tricky car to cast I'm sure. I was pleasantly surprised by the GT-R Police Car, because I thought the proportion of the body might be bit off, but I actually thought it looked pretty good once I saw it in person. I almost bought the "Silhouette" throwback Skyline race car, but while the casting rocked on that one, it had a stance like a rally car, so I went with the Land Cruiser instead. :crazy:
As for Tomicas, I dunno why. The quality of the cars is good, but they are very very badly scaled. I mean it's not as good as when they wee metal/metal, and indeed detail has gone down, but it's not bad, and that has happened to practically ever surviving brand. I think it may come down to the toy design in itself. Oh and the wheels.
Tomica I think are the cars that would gain the most from wheel swaps. I still have the Tomica SLS AMG on a standby, and just might be my first victim. When I get around to it.
:lol: <-- My reaction when I saw this.
I am a little sick in the head, but I actually absolutely adore that.
http://stores.ebay.com/KINGS-DIECAST/_i.html?rt=nc&_sid=889261&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1581&_pgn=1

^^ Some good cars in there. Just stay away from the RX-7's please and thank you. :sly:
$12+ on all cars now. No. Thanks.

I quite like the bumper car actually. It seems perfectly Hot Wheels to me. HW was never supposed to be a very serious toy car manufacturer.
I think though that because we are also fans of Gran Turismo, we have more appreciation and desire for accurate and simple miniatures of real cars. We see the fun in driving a stock Peugeot 206 around Autumn Ring and I feel that reflects our diecast car hobby.

Or maybe because we're all somewhat mature people collecting toys and have no interest in fantasy cars. :lol:

More of my 1/64s:

AUTOart 1:64 Porsche Carrera GT (with its 1:43 Gemballa counterpart):

8292208303_d8616cdc3c_c.jpg

Hot Wheels Speed Machines Ferrari 333SP (another personal favorite):

8292207983_c9597fab9f_c.jpg

Hot Wheels Speed Machines Porsche 911 GT2:

8292207713_93ab544fdf_c.jpg

Matchbox Superfast Lamborghini Diablo (the offset front wheels turned me off):

8292207461_3e449b6f64_c.jpg

Well here are my purchases free grabs today!

A Chrome Burnerz 5 Pack without the chrome!:eek:
2012-12-20-211848_zps592158b8.jpg

2012-12-20-211920_zps9862ef03.jpg

It's quite odd I found this because I had just read about it on the back of the blister to my Chrome Burnerz Cockney Cab II I got last time and it said this:
2012-12-20-211934_zps00e27f66.jpg

I must be lucky!:D

Strange but true I didn't even pay a penny for this at all...

my honesty is what got me this!;)

I'm not even joking people! I promise you that.;)

Edit: Reuploaded since I no longer need Photobucket.

Last edited:
Kakashi: Loving your Speed Machines 911 & AutoArt. Ferrari has those tampo headlights I just can't do. :crazy: I think I saw an AutoArt like that on eBay, too. Very disappointing.

Sony: I don't know what's going on, but I'm glad you gotta freebie, and it was the rarer set. :lol:đź‘Ť

Those hard to find?

Yes-ish. I haven't seen one in stores, hence my eBay purchase. The car from here on out will be metal wing, but they ran a short production with the old casting & plastic wing before switching to the new mold with the metal wing.

Supposed to be some like this out there with the NSX too, but I haven't seen one in stores or on eBay.

Going through some older photos tonight, and came across this group of wheel varies:

IMG_3367.jpg

I am going to have to do a feature on these...

Found this photo as well:

IMG_3985.jpg

Is this new?

Noopppppe, it's some side series that didn't get a lot of attention so I'm guessing not many know of it. It does look like something I can make a small profit off of so it's not entirely garbage material it seems. Seeing people bid $6, when I'm getting these for half that price.

Noopppppe, it's some side series that didn't get a lot of attention so I'm guessing not many know of it. It does look like something I can make a small profit off of so it's not entirely garbage material it seems. Seeing people bid $6, when I'm getting these for half that price.
Ah, OK. Yeah, I'd never seen one before, so I assumed it was new.

Rubber tires, right? That's not a bad price! đź‘Ť

Latest Posts

Back