1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,499 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Not everyone can afford a fancy camera like yours. :dopey:

Uhh, remember these photos???

Ford%20Focus%20BP%20WRC_zps7ac09106.jpg

3e1c3bad.jpg

064888f9.jpg

7ab7366a.jpg

You guys forget I've been using a 4.1MP point-and-shoot for the longest time? Don't see these photos being out-of-focus :P

It's possible to get decent photos even with a phone camera... low megapixel cameras with auto-everything usually will require lots of light by standard, which you can remedy with a large light source that you can optionally diffuse with tissue paper.

Yep, I'm totally shocked when I saw that action set! I haven't seen anything like it in ALL of the stores in Vegas back in the 90's, seriously! :eek:
Me nether, i don't remember seeing any of these action packs at wal mart back in the late 90's ether, otherwise i would have a few. I wonder were they were sold at the time....:confused:

If your jelly for that action pack now, you will be even more jelly to find out what my brother plans to get now that he knows what i did to get mine.:sly:
Even though it's a set to be used, wonder how much those could be on eBay as we speak.

Probably around $70-200 dollars....
Who knows, i think i may look it up and see.;)
Oh yeah, nice Dune Daddy btw. I was taken away from it because of the Lexus and the Benz.. That always happen with the 80's and 90's cars.
Yea you seem to favor them the most when i get them.;) That Action Pack is a real attention getter isn't it?:drool::eek: The Dune Daddy is pure awesomeness!:eek:
It's like a 1975-76 release, Flying Colors era, so it isn't as valuable as you might think, being one of the most common redlines of that time. I'd give you 5 to 7 bucks for it considering it's condition and desirability. If it was a Spectra-era car, or a rare solid-enamel car, it would be something else. Iff I remember correctly, it was also called Sand Crab at some point.
Yep it is a 1975 release!;) It was called Sand Crab at one point, but this is a Dune Daddy, says so on the base.;) Condition isn't as bad as it looks, the shadows and the picture quality makes it look alot worse than it really is, it's actually near mint.;) Them Dune Daddy's were pretty common then considering all the ones they made of it, my dad probly had bunch of them. I have been told by a few people (one of them is my dad) this particular one with the flowers on it that i have is pretty rare compared to some of the other Dune Daddy's, not the easiest to find. What do you know about the rarity for this particular one?

Last edited:
Honestly high-megapixel cameras can be even worse. They keep cramming more and more pixels into those little tiny sensors faster than the technology can keep up and they're still shooting through the same cheesy little lenses. 16mp of out of focus noisy disaster isn't any better than 4mp of the same...

I like the Supra, too. It seems to have really accurate casting. 👍

Kakashi: Thanks for the side-by-side on the Exige, Tomica versus Limited. Very interesting shot. 👍
Seriously in what way is a first gen RX-7 obscure? ( I'm assuming this is what you referred to yesterday) :lol: Screw you though, the other cars are cool, but you have no idea how badly I want a RX-7 now.
You & I, also other members of this forum might like them, but others don't appreciate them like we do. :dopey:

Glad to hear that you liked them though. Paid almost $30, but I was never happy with the Hot Wheels release of RX-7, so I was willing to take the hit. :lol:

No Tomica for me, I'm cheap.
I am, too. Sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do. :sly:
Speaking of Tomica Limited cars, if I wasn't broke I'd be all over this.
I actually saw that one before I found the green one! Big thing for me was the car being stock though. Just genuine original looking one, and was willing to pay for it. :dopey:

That NSX was a surprise. I accidentally found it while looking for the "Dome Zero". You guys might remember the car from GT5? For someone who was just gaining interest in cars back then(I was a toddler! lol), Dome, which was touted as the domestic "super car", it's one of those really special throwback cars.

I think I searched for "tomica limited dome" or something on eBay, NSX came up, saw the pics, and I was going "sold". :lol:

P.S. My Tomica Limited 2000GT might take as long as Cano's now. I got message from the eBay seller to expect double delay, at China, then here in the States. Good thing I'm not in a hurry!

Diabolic Diecast
eBay / Kmart / Tuesday Morning

eBay
IMG_0838.jpg

I'll be opening/selling columns 2-5 while keeping the two on the left unopened...for now

IMG_0843.jpg

eBay
IMG_0845.jpg

Kmart
IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

Tuesday Morning
IMG_0829.jpg

I rarely post my Hot Wheels castings, so I'm doing it now. LOL

This is one of my favorites - the Lotus Motorsport Elise:

8289297835_2ff135e27f_c.jpg

And a lucky find! :D

8290356732_4c397a2d0e_c.jpg

Damn it, flipping eBay. I was just looking, but then I saw this(might still buy it). But before pulling the trigger, I decided to look around, and I damnnear bought this. I couldn't get over how the car sits like Subaru Outback, so I finally ordered this. Flipping gorgeous truck. I can not believe how expensive these little cars can get, but if money was no object, this is what I'd have bought. That is just absolutely awesome, but no, I can't justify $100+. :crazy:

P.S. Somebody needs to buy this, and Medigo needs to look into this & this.
This is one of my favorites - the Lotus Motorsport Elise:
I looked at those before, but I'd recommend this Speed Machines version. IMO, they are fantastic. 👍

P.S. Post more Hot Wheels! :D

That Toyota 7 is tempting, but $15 for one car is already pushing it let alone paying $10 for a Kyosho.

Lighting is more important than camera IMO

That's partially the point I was making.

Anyway, I got hold of 2 of the new GT-500s and 1 350Z.... I would've grabbed another boulevard Civic and added the Ford Falcon Sprint but it kept rejecting my debit card. I probably hit my maximum per month because I know my pin wasn't wrong. I didn't have enough cash on me so I had to leave those behind.

Last edited:
I think I may just buy that Toyota 7. Will be my fourth ever Tomica and first Limited one at that.

I actually saw that one before I found the green one!

That's how I actually found it as well. I was looking around for a standard RX-7 like the one you have, but the only one available has slightly different wheels and they want $37 bucks for it. :crazy:
Damn it, flipping eBay. I was just looking, but then I saw this(might still buy it).

Holy crap that's awesome, screw you for bringing that to my attention.

Edit: Before you spend all of your money, here's something else you may be interested in. Click
a6m5: Autoart.

This. 👍

There is a same Lambo on the American eBay for $30, which might be same price as this one? Currently, that is the model I want, along with another secret car I'm after. :D
I think I may just buy that Toyota 7. Will be my fourth ever Tomica and first Limited one at that.
It's pure class, and you know it'll retain it's value. 👍

Back