1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,499 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Holy crap, this thread moves crazy fast. :crazy:

Jarrod. :dopey:
You do not want a answer to that question. Trust me my friend. There is a reason goat's gonna pack that thing back into the box for good. :crazy:

a6 speaks the truth, Harry. Check out some of these prices. :scared:

Looks fantastic, Jason. Great job. 👍

JI know right? Everybody, were gonna hunt down Jarrod for doing this to us! Who's with me?

Wait........what? :nervous:
But I took my chill pills and drunk two bottles of water, so I'm okay. :lol:

Dr. Nessy prescribed chill pills, I assume? :sly:

I just bought that and the Exige you linked earlier.
Nice. I was hoping you either already had one, or get one of those. I really hope to get a good look at that Lotus. Do it justice with your mad photo-skills!
Edit: Lamely Blog just posted the Boulevard releases for 2013: :eek:

Lote L:
- '71 Datsun Bluebird 510 Wagon,
- Renault 5 Turbo,
- '71 Nissan Skyline GTR,
- '55 Corvette,
- '84 Pontiac Fiero.

Lote M:
- '11 Ford Fiesta (Gymkhana),
- Long Shot,
- Honda CR-X,
- '66 Chevelle,
- '84 Hurst Olds.

Lote N:
- Chevy Astro Pro Street,
- '58 Plymouth Belvedere,
- Ford Mustang SVO,
- Subaru Brat,
- Ford GT LM.
Awesome, but what is up with the Fiero?(sorry Harry lol)

P.S. I just realized that Chevy Astro's in there after seeing Medigo's post. Astro is my all-time favorite Medivan(yes, medium). If they don't do right by that van, I might boycott Hot Wheels for good! :grumpy:
a6m5 - yes, I did get the Buick Century - in fact two - but that was a loooooong time ago. ;)
No wonder you like Matchbox. You are getting them before we do(I think). :lol:
And got the Gulf livery Fast Fish, VW Kool Kombi, another 918, and Flintmobile.
Aaaaand all four cars I'm looking for. :drool:
Thanks!

But now I found this and must have them ALL! :scared:

1998_44.jpg
I want it. Nice & clean.
Also, I didn't see on that site anywhere that lists the cars that came with rubber tires. Like this:
I have the 3000GT. They suck at rubber tires. They look rally-ready. :crazy:
Boulevard CRX...
............ what gives? I'd still take it over another Fiero. :P

OK, I picked up both my #2 car & #3 car today:

My #2 car:

img1632s.jpg

This RX-7 is the perfect first gen in my head. Yes, absolutely.

#3 of 3:

img1642pf.jpg

This was another cheapie NSX. Mindblowingly good for it's $13 price tag(shipping included).

This one tagged along the NSX from Hong Kong:

img1644qy.jpg

The bottom shot I dedicate to Harry. Tokyo Metro Police GT-R pulling over a throwback RX-7. :lol:

RX-7, I did my best to haggle from the $34($30+$4 ship) price, but the best I could do was $29(total). For a dollar more, I could have gotten the Lambo, but this RX-7 is "the" one I had to have. I just went out and did it.

If anybody shop for one of those, be aware that Tomica Limited has this HOt Wheel sized one, but also larger 40-something scale(1/48?). They are both awesome, but I collect Hot Wheels sized cars, I didn't want the bigger one. :crazy:

P.S. Zach/Jarrod - Add me to the list. We all want that Exige. :lol:

Edit: To avoid any confusion, or for anyone who missed the very first car of the #1~3, this was the first:

click the pic to enlarge

Edit: I also got this today:

img1626d.jpg

Threw a dollar bid, nobody wanted it, apparently. :D

Last edited:
Is there anything particularly special about that Tony-whomever Limited Exige? Is there any significant difference from it compared to the regular orange Exige other than premium wheels?

Is there anything particularly special about that Tony-whomever Limited Exige? Is there any significant difference from it compared to the regular orange Exige other than premium wheels?
You let us know when you find out in a few days.

Seriously though, by my observation(I think I now have three "Limited"), they paint more details on them, along with the premium tires/wheels.

My first Limited was a 240Z, and while it's alright for the price, I wasn't impressed a whole bunch.

IMG_1163.jpg

It's lacking little something in execution.

Looking forward to all those new boulevards. Now if only the local stores would actually get them. Target still has a bunch of Chrysler Prontos and stuff.

Oh wait, it's irrelevant because I'm moving to a city that doesn't suck (LA) in a month.

Can't wait for the Nissans, R5 Turbo, Ford GT, and I'm even down for that CRX, which at least is better than the inexplicable chrome on the first one.

Also dang it, I didn't realize the Gulf Fast Fish was a TH. I had one in my hand last night and didn't buy it. (The parts fit was kinda bad and I figured I'd find a better one later.)

Last edited:
Cano: You probably read that I just ordered Tomica Limited 2000GT?

I'm really liking their JDM stuff, but I think I'm probably gonna pick up couple more from the series to round out my collection a bit. I might get something like the Exige like the AOS ordered, or other European cars.

You got any Tomica Limited Cano?

P.S. Thanks for the compliment. As usual. :lol:

Oh, gotcha. I hope you still get it. 2000GT's not at all a common model, so they aren't that plentiful to come by. I currently have that JL James Bond car 2000GT I posted awhile back, but that is the only Toyota 2000GT I have.

Sounds like your car's been in "transit" for awhile now. :ouch:

I have an outgoing AND ingoing package that hasn't reached either destination yet and it's been over a month too.

But you guys still have electricity & running water and stuff like that in your country?

:P

Edit: Dodgammit, McZ. You ruined my joke. :lol:

I know how you guys are about sharing your eBay finds and what you're purchasing, but what's the variation on this one?

I think you can share with us Jason and none of us are too keen on those type of things.

AOS-
Wow. I haven't heard that name in ages. I remember all those ads I saw on TV where their slogan was "Tyco: That's how you spell R/C!" and I always went "No! That's not how you spell R/C!"

Man, I've never heard that name for a long time myself! I think I had one Tyco RC car, but I don't remember it that much.

Oh yeah that slogan of theirs was baffling also. I was like what?! :boggled::lol:

R1600Turbo
Thanks!

But now I found this and must have them ALL! :scared:

If you get a lot of those MKIV JZA80s let me know also, I'll take three.

I used to have two Supras, loved that car to death along with my Vipers and 911 GT1 from MB. Love to have it once again. :D

Same with the FD RX7 as well..

MedigoFlame
No sign of them from when I looked in the shipping container. But the guy did say he had boxes of Hot Wheels/Matchbox. I'll check it out next time hopefully.

Ok... I can't wait.

R1600Turbo
Boulevard CRX...

Ok, I'll still get it, mostly to custom. I think they should do a Mugen theme with the CRX, but this one looks like a ricer done the paint. :ill:

But I'll still look out for the red one from this year.

Spacegoat
Holy crap, this thread moves crazy fast. :crazy:

Wait........what? :nervous:

Dr. Nessy prescribed chill pills, I assume? :sly:

We. All. Want. That. Tomica. GT2. Set. Jarrod!!!

But I took those chill pills from the good doctor, so I'm fine. :lol:

Last edited:
I know how you guys are about sharing your eBay finds and what you're purchasing, but what's the variation on this one?

I think you can share with us Jason and none of us are too keen on those type of things.

It's a "transition piece". All I'm saying for now. Auction ends in a couple days, then I spill. Unless you guys swear to stay away from it. :lol:

Edit: Anyone want a J5 Datsun? Super rare...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-J5-var...Action_Figures_Diecast_US&hash=item2c6ae641f9

I swear. I'm not interesting in buying any variations unless they fall into my lap at a store.
I want to know because I want to be on the lookout for one. PM me if you don't trust the others. :lol:

^^^^Some sellers are really stupid... $47 for 1 week delivery? Puh-lease.....

hope no one bids on that so the seller can learn a thing or two.

Back