1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,499 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Nice shelving unit, Jason - so it holds 84 cars?

I see you guys were talking about this - mines out of the package, though.

100_8414.jpg

@ Harry. I prefer the wheels on the HW version.. but prefer the light unit on the MB one.

Haven't watched the whole vid yet, but the first few bars of Cannonball (Sea to Shining Sea...whatever it's called), is perfectly apt RCKakashi. :D

* Can't beat some Jazzy 'Rhodes Bass' *

Last edited:
Lol awesome. You gonna get the MB Mazda2s?

I have 2, a red one and the latest release white w/white wheels.

Not sure if they will go in here just yet. Probably below the Furai's on the right.

Edit: @ Photon - yes, 84 cars that are no wider that 1 1/8" and no longer than 3". Although you could change up the measurements and make the spaces bigger, but it would hold less cars.

@ Harry. I prefer the wheels on the HW version.. but prefer the light unit on the MB one.

Oh! I'm more of a MB guy than a HW, so I'll be hunting sooner or later for that. Got loads of new MBs recently but haven't had the time to pic and post. Had time to rip open and fondle, though.

Hm. That didn't really sound right.:dopey:

Edit: @ Photon - yes, 84 cars that are no wider that 1 1/8" and no longer than 3". Although you could change up the measurements and make the spaces bigger, but it would hold less cars.

That's really well made. Well done. I guess this is the start of a new business?💡

Last edited:
Did you get that Buick police cruiser yet Harry? I'm in hunt for another one, so I can open it. :dopey: Really want that Buck and this new Lambo.
Here's my Countach collection video I made last year:
Dang. You got some nice ones there bud. :drool:

The poster car for a generation of people:

Yes definitely iconic. Great pic BTW. 👍 I've only ever seen one Countach IRL, the 25th Anniversary model. The thing that surprised me the most about it, was the size of inner aperture of the naca ducts on the sides, they're a lot deeper than i originally thought they'd be, somehow pics (in general) just don't quite capture it.

Yes definitely iconic. Great pic BTW. 👍 I've only ever seen one Countach IRL, the 25th Anniversary model. The thing that surprised me the most about it, was the size of inner aperture of the naca ducts on the sides, they're a lot deeper than i originally thought they'd be, somehow pics (in general) just don't quite capture it.

Well, one of those NACA ducts act also as a fuel tank (in the LP400 though, you have to fill both sides)

MedigoFlame
Missed out on the Speed Machines police Gallardo... But hey! Matchbox is now going to have it!

Thanks for the heads up Medigo! Need one ASAP! 👍

R1600Turbo
Anyone seen M-Power around lately?

Yeah, where are they? I know everyone is still cleaning up after Sandy, but I hope they are okay. :nervous::scared:

McZachenF1138
Mmmmm, seeing quite a bit of my childhood cars there.
Pontiac Salsa, candy cars, Sharkcruiser, the speckled one, and the one with the colored wheels just to name a few. :D

That's why I love it when Cano, Wvyern and Sony post up cars from the 80's, 90's and early 00's, brings back memories... :D

Spacegoat
Hey lookie at what just arrived. :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vcsle/8283039378/
GT2 Tomica's by VC SL/E, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vcsle/8283040304/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vcsle/8281981817/

Easily the most expensive thing I've bought from e-Bay in a long while. Totally worth every bit of it though.

Jarrod!!!!!! Damn you!!! ARRRGZgHHh!!!! :mad::crazy:

GIMMIE DEM GT2 TOMICAS!!!!!! Afagshjjdkfjdi!!

Phew.... :crazy:

a6m5
First of all, damn you. Secondly, damn you. Yahoo image thing won't let me look at the larger image!(without a log in) :banghead:

Thirdly, can you open her up, or is it sealed? If you can open it, we so totally deserve a closer shot.

P.S. We love you, but damn you man.

Oh, yeah, I ditched X360 after they raised their price to $60 a year. I don't really play games anymore anyway. *shrug* By the way, those mystery bags are still around. You should be able to find the Falcon, even today. 👍

I know right? Everybody, were gonna hunt down Jarrod for doing this to us! Who's with me?

Oh, and thanks dude. I still haven't seen them in stores, but I'll keep looking. 👍

AOS-
I'm the only one who ain't the slightest bit jelly here. :D

You're jelly also, and you known it :P. Those are some rare Tomicas right there. Rare just like someone here own a R34 GTR and a McLaren F1! :eek:

Takumi Fujiwara
I was at a comic/collectible shop the other day and found some cool HWs, including a 964, 996, a couple F40s, original Pike's Peak Tacoma, etc. Unfortunately I was with my GF who gives me grief when I buy HWs...

Ohhhh.... Umm... Sneak them around her ;). Buy the car(s), put them somewhere where she'll never spot them when you both are out and when she is not looking, sneak them inside your house... Try it. ;) *James Bond Theme music playing*

Spacegoat
Just for you a6. 👍 That's all your getting though. I've re-sealed the box, the cars are never coming out again. :lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vcsle/8283643300/
RX-7 & R34 GT-R by VC SL/E, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vcsle/8282584881/
S2000 & R33 GT by VC SL/E, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vcsle/8283643660/
Stratos & Mini Cooper by VC SL/E, on Flickr

The Stratos is nice, but I love the Mini. :embarrassed:

I really like your Indy car thingy btw. 👍

You're not helping me from me taking that set bro...... But I took my chill pills and drunk two bottles of water, so I'm okay. :lol:

But it time to play GT2 Tomica Style... I'm seeing a GT Race on Midfield Raceway, 5 laps with the RX7 and R34 and the others. The 1st place credits is $10,000cr.

Then High Speed Ring and Seattle Full Course. Win and the Kure R33 GT is the prize car.... Time to play.....

a6m5
If you like obscure, or 80's Japanese cars, you'll love it. It is a Tomica Limited, so they did put decent detail work on it(and I paid dearly :crazy:). I will pick it up tomorrow for sure. Line, or no line at the post office. :D

I can't wait to see.... I'll probably be like stir mad crazy when I see it. :lol:

a6m5
Harry's not bitter, he's happy for you. He really is.

P.S. I've been running into these Toyota 2000GTs on eBay. They go for roughly $13~$14. Not. Bad.

Edit: I just caught the second baby. :lol:👍

I think he's jelly as well, from looking at that picture of the second baby. :lol:

A Toyota 2000GT??!! :eek:

RCKakashi14
They're made by Kyosho. ;)

Here's my share for today:

Nice F40 LM! 👍

McZachenF1138
Oh man, that F40 LM is wonderful! :drool:

P.S. I was just thinking about how cool it might actually be if Hot Wheels made a Rolls Royce Phantom this year. I can picture it perfectly, and it looks awesome.
I also did a search to see what Rolls Hot Wheels has done in the past at this was in the results. :lol:
I like it!

Hmmm... A RR Phantom for 2013, I can see it. It will be sweet if they did it, but I'm thinking about the CCXR from Koiengsiegg, RWB Porsche, RUF CTR2 and a R33 400R lately.

At 1ness
Guys calm down.. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one that gets burned. :lol:

Ok, I took my meds doctor! I'm calm. :lol:

R1600Turbo
Slow down a bit here guys, damn. 3 pages since I've been gone, like 3 hours. :crazy:

And what's with the crying babies? :lol:

Epic Mazda display finished. By the way, anyone know where I can find a complete list of the Matchbox RX-7 (FC) releases?

Dude, this is what I'm thinking about also. Love the Mazda display, fits just nicely. :D:tup:

But it's missing something....... Put a small MP3, get this song, put it on the player, hit on repeat and blast away when looking at the Mazda display.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=relmfu&v=5GoQ2G5ZybA

Last edited:
Maybe in real life it isn't as evident, but in pictures the poster background really, REALLY makes it difficult to see the cars, Jason. I liked the display better in, er, white -_-

Some great stuff posted, especially the GT2 Tomica pack! Jelly! :P

And thanks for sharing the Countach manga, RCKakashi14! Loving it!

Maybe in real life it isn't as evident, but in pictures the poster background really, REALLY makes it difficult to see the cars, Jason. I liked the display better in, er, white -_-

🤬 camera FTL. :ouch:

Edit: Plus it was 1am. Give me a break. :P

Got my shipment notifications for my HWC Super Nova and Delorean. :D

This is the Delorean BTW:

X0559_022_md.jpg

Edit: Lamely Blog just posted the Boulevard releases for 2013: :eek:

Lote L:
- '71 Datsun Bluebird 510 Wagon,
- Renault 5 Turbo,
- '71 Nissan Skyline GTR,
- '55 Corvette,
- '84 Pontiac Fiero.

Lote M:
- '11 Ford Fiesta (Gymkhana),
- Long Shot,
- Honda CR-X,
- '66 Chevelle,
- '84 Hurst Olds.

Lote N:
- Chevy Astro Pro Street,
- '58 Plymouth Belvedere,
- Ford Mustang SVO,
- Subaru Brat,
- Ford GT LM.

Why do I like boulevards? $4 for rubber tires. :D Let's hope there's more variety this year. Also, if I sold you a ton of '01 Civic Si bodies, would you buy them, Jason?

Well . . . it's a teachers' (one-day) strike on today, so my boys are at home. This means a hurried reshuffle of my schedule (reshuffle because I seem to be shuffling it around most often anyway :lol: ) and I have to take them shopping for presents - I've already hinted very strongly that I don't need any more tools, socks, ties, dressing gowns, slippers, shirts, underwear, car-cleaning items, or even chocolates.
That about leaves only diecast cars. I think.
I'm supposed to hang out in the parking lot while they shop. That's a waste of time, so I told them I'll take them to a mall so that I could shop myself in another shop.
Suitably one with diecast cars.

a6m5 - yes, I did get the Buick Century - in fact two - but that was a loooooong time ago. ;)

Thanks, Cardiac - wanted an answer from someone who knew about the car. The show bombed, of course, in fact if not for the car there was nothing else. :lol:
I can just imagine a 1:18. :crazy:

Will keep an eye out for you. I can't believe anybody not having one - that is a must in any collection.

No argument about MB. My Brand. Love it. Got the lime green Civic, lime green Firebird Formula, and Buick Century Patrol car a few weeks ago - beyooooutiful! Also picked up a natty Coyote 500 and the new 2011 Ford Interceptor (grey and blue Airport Police).

Who stole whose design? The Bengal was a 2001, wasn't it? Looks like tiger teeth to me.

Goddamn I hate crappy stop-motion projects... It's a lot of work I know, but so many vidoes I've seen always fail at creating something mind-blowing.

Would be interesting to find the Chevy Astro van in the boulevard series. :lol:

Went out to Walgreens to get a PSN $20 card and decided to stop by Walmart, Target, and Tuesday Morning. Walmart had nothing good except for another T-hunt Surf Crate, which I didn't buy. Target had a bunch of new stuff! Tuesday Morning had nothing...

Got the Maisto Elite Transport GT-R!! :D
IMG_0658_zpsd3570731.jpg

And got the Gulf livery Fast Fish, VW Kool Kombi, another 918, and Flintmobile.
IMG_0659_zps4567407d.jpg

Back