1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,499 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Finally broke down today and bought the 917 and GT40 Hot Ones.
Still not sure if I should have.

So there's nothing else you're willing to sell to me?

I don't know what else caught your eye. But I would consider most of the HWs in the list!
EDIT:
I have the official 2012 London Olympic Games PS3 game, brand new, offering for $40...:lol:

Last edited:
First of all, damn you. Secondly, damn you. Yahoo image thing won't let me look at the larger image!(without a log in) :banghead:

Thirdly, can you open her up, or is it sealed? If you can open it, we so totally deserve a closer shot.

P.S. We love you, but damn you man.

:P
Also, I will be putting in a white background on mine, just need to get some poster board.
I was just gonna say something about that. Get something creative! Checker flag pattern? :P Seriously though, the thing looks fantastic. 👍
What I bought today:
I don't know which brand that is, but I love it. God, I can't get enough of Countaches!
That Falcon is making me envious here!!! Such a perfect green, I'll even put it on a real XB Falcon! I wonder if they sell those still, especially stores that always have older cars on the pegs.

He's a PS3 person guys!!! :P:lol:
Oh, yeah, I ditched X360 after they raised their price to $60 a year. I don't really play games anymore anyway. *shrug* By the way, those mystery bags are still around. You should be able to find the Falcon, even today. 👍
All the R32 Skylines with rubbers.
I know someone who's working on a set like that. Right Jason? :sly:

EDIT: Dear God, i know they are rare, but all those skylines are really, REALLY ugly. Sorry.
Yeah, like Skyline said, that Sweet Rods one look alright outside that shiny interior. Bottom two especially, they look like someone who soup-up Chevy Cobalt got their hands on it. :lol:
Missed out on the Speed Machines police Gallardo... But hey! Matchbox is now going to have it!
Good tip. I'm gonna pick one up. 👍
Anyone seen M-Power around lately?
Yeah, him & Ace, what is up? Was it the storm?(I'm old, I probably forgot why).
Hmm, trading a '12 Boss 302 Mustang body error + Pep Boys '68 Mustang for a 2013 $uper Falcon XB.

:D
I bought that car awhile back? That red Walmart Set exclusive or whatever red(loose) one is WAY cooler. $3 versus $20, but that is how I feel.

Of course, what you are giving up for it, you know I'd do it with no hesitation whatsoever. :D:tup:
Finally broke down today and bought the 917 and GT40 Hot Ones.
Still not sure if I should have.
What is that, $3.50 total? They aren't fantastic, but you didn't pay much anyway. *shrug*

That Stratos alone is pretty much a kick in the jimmi jammer for us. Way to go Jarrod. :lol:

I couldn't pick up my epic Tomica today, because the post office had crazy line. :crazy: I did receive this impulse buy item from eBay though. It was small enough to fit in my mail box:

IMG_1615.jpg

It's cool for what it is. Anybody know how much these guys went for when they were new? Probably three bucks or so? They are from 2001.

Oh, I was just kidding around, Doctor. I've been taking my medications & everything. :)

So I just asked if anyone knew how much the Final Run cars went for when they were new? Anybody know how much Tomica Limited cars are when they are new? I'm just debating if I want to buy just one more or not. Did I say I was debating? I meant my friend is debating, anyway, I gotta go.

I was just gonna say something about that. Get something creative! Checker flag pattern? :P Seriously though, the thing looks fantastic. 👍

Working on the 3rd one right now. You'll quite like this one as I already have a background picked out for it.

Oi, Wyvern. Check out what just popped in a flea market over here, confirmed 100% authentic.

L_Six_White_RR01.jpg

L_Six_White_RR02.jpg

Only one known white Lickety Six with Real Riders.

@Cano: What!!#@!!#$!#

And its confirmed original rivet?? Same base as regular white Lickety
--------------------------------------
Arrived today...

IMG_0825.jpg

Oh what could it be??

Last edited:
I was at a comic/collectible shop the other day and found some cool HWs, including a 964, 996, a couple F40s, original Pike's Peak Tacoma, etc. Unfortunately I was with my GF who gives me grief when I buy HWs...

@Cano: What!!#@!!#$!#

And its confirmed original rivet?? Same base as regular white Lickety

Confirmed, typical low-quality Aurimat original rivet:

L_Six_White_RR03.jpg

This car is absolutely unique. It has all of us scratching our heads. No one had ever seen something like this. And to think, the guy grabbed it for like a buck because he thought it would be a great rubber tire donor. When he found out he almost fell to the ground.

I was at a comic/collectible shop the other day and found some cool HWs, including a 964, 996, a couple F40s, original Pike's Peak Tacoma, etc. Unfortunately I was with my GF who gives me grief when I buy HWs...

That's why you gotta get your girlfriend into collecting Hot Wheels just as I have with mine. :D

Confirmed, typical low-quality Aurimat original rivet:

This car is absolutely unique. It has all of us scratching our heads. No one had ever seen something like this. And to think, the guy grabbed it for like a buck because he thought it would be a great rubber tire donor. When he found out he almost fell to the ground.

🤬

a dollar?? what type of person invests enough time to look for donor parts, but not enough time to know when something is a one of a kind type item?? It's a white six....that should have been a clue

-------------------------

Ever seen this before??

Thirdly, can you open her up, or is it sealed? If you can open it, we so totally deserve a closer shot.

Just for you a6. 👍 That's all your getting though. I've re-sealed the box, the cars are never coming out again. :lol:

RX-7 & R34 GT-R by VC SL/E, on Flickr

S2000 & R33 GT by VC SL/E, on Flickr

Stratos & Mini Cooper by VC SL/E, on Flickr
That Stratos alone is pretty much a kick in the jimmi jammer for us. Way to go Jarrod. :lol:

The Stratos is nice, but I love the Mini. :embarrassed:

I really like your Indy car thingy btw. 👍

🤬

a dollar?? what type of person invests enough time to look for donor parts, but not enough time to know when something is a one of a kind type item?? It's a white six....that should have been a clue

-------------------------

Ever seen this before??

Well, he stumbled on it, actually. The guy is the luckiest guy I've ever met. He once found 6 Cipsas for peanuts, all of them cuasi-mint.

Also, never in my life had I seen that thing. Heck, I've seen only a few Rrrumblers, though I have two, both of them made by Cipsa.

Thanks Jarrod. I think I have to agree with you on the Mini. That little guy's sweet! S2000 with the Gran Turismo stuff on it's actually much nicer than I originally thought. I hate to ask you, but can you take them out just one more time, and recreate the most epic crash on High-Speed Ring? I hate to ask......

It's a toss up for me between the Lancia & the Mini! 👍

P.S. Hide the "Kure" from the doctor, he's looking for it. :lol:

I hate to ask you, but can you take them out just one more time, and recreate the most epic crash on High-Speed Ring? I hate to ask......

:nervous:

:lol:

I forgot to ask before, but what exactly is this "Epic Tomica" you're supposedly getting? :sly:

If you like obscure, or 80's Japanese cars, you'll love it. It is a Tomica Limited, so they did put decent detail work on it(and I paid dearly :crazy:). I will pick it up tomorrow for sure. Line, or no line at the post office. :D

Thanks Jarrod.

It's a toss up for me between the Lancia & the Mini! 👍

Honestly, i actually prefer the Mini to anything else in that bunch. I have the 'KURE' as a 1/24 'Tamiya' kit, and i think they could have done a better job with the Tomica (granted, i know it's just the standard R33 and 1/64 scale... still looks nice though). 👍

[EDIT] Oops! i redact the 'standard thing' above ^ (still prefer the Mini), the Kure is the GT version. My bad. :guilty:

Last edited:
Back