1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,498 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
On the topic of collecting - I am always happy with the fact that MBs come with side-view mirrors - lookie:

Z4 and Esprit are nice. 👍
IAnd you're another one too?! If you play Forza, you know it will get you onto more unique cars, Porsche 911s and Audis just like GT with JDMs, Skyline GTRs and classic cars of the world. ;)

Don't play Forza either, I only own a PS3. Actually it's my second one after my first decided to stop working, a couple of years back. :ouch:
And don't you brats sneak in and take it. :P

:lol:

I did a "completed" search, and even the lowest it went for on there was for over $100(sealed). :crazy: The most it grabbed on eBay was $187-ish, plus shipping. From Kanagawa Prefecture, where I'm from!

I'm trying to decide on what I'd spend, probably no more than $40 so if it skyrockets I'll just wait.

Well, it does say that packaging isn't perfect, so it might actually slip? Are you stopping at $40? I might look at it. :P

I have the regular Treasure Hunt of that one. 👍

Nice! I just now found out that there are two sets of THs. :ouch:

Stopped by the same vendor at the flea market today. And bought these for $3 each. :D
IMG_0657_zps4e9178d2.jpg

Edit: Took some rather bad pictures of the inside of the shipping container... Flash isn't working on the camera. And yes, one of them has a picture of me in it, probably the best you'll see of me. :P Scale models included.
IMG_0653_zps381f5af6.jpg

IMG_0652_zps8111029e.jpg

IMG_0651_zps68c03ce2.jpg

IMG_0650_zpsb066edd0.jpg

IMG_0649_zpsfab320d4.jpg

IMG_0647_zps0369dc2c.jpg

IMG_0646_zps453fd41f.jpg

Last edited:
That...... is a lot of cars. Nice AutoArt Evo. 👍

I just took one of the Boulevard F40s out of the package.

IMG_1598.jpg

I might steal the wheels whenever I get around to swapping. :D

P.S. Good luck, Jason. 👍

Yeah. Still sold for cheap, but I'm cheaper. :P

Oh well.
People like that 7***9 has infuriated me in the past. I'm at work or something, while that auto-bidding thing is staying on top of something I want on eBay. I come home, not only have I lost, but I see that some idiot kept on chipping away at my bid on the last leg of the auction.

I hate to do it, but if I really want something, I generally only do one bid, and at last seconds now. I'm gonna give them my best price, and I don't need some cheap bastard bidding five times & driving the price up. :crazy:

My two tips to you: 1) keep it on the down low. 2) one bid, your top price, just before the end of the auction.

Last minute sniping is frowned upon for reason. I wish eBay would adopt a system that extends the auction every time a bid is placed last minute. *shrug*

P.S. I was so happy to see that 7***9 get beat by a sniper. :D I saw his cheapass move, I damnnear got involved.

It's not a big deal. I purposely didn't put that car on my "gotta have" list because of the ridiculous amounts it goes for. Not like I'm gonna miss it.

It's not a big deal. I purposely didn't put that car on my "gotta have" list because of the ridiculous amounts it goes for. Not like I'm gonna miss it.
Right on. 👍

Well, second of my big three purchases has arrived to my P.O. Box, according to tracking. I should be able to post a picture of it here tomorrow. First one of course was this. Last one arrived to California, all the way from Hong Kong. As I mentioned before, last two are Tomicas. Final third package will have two very cool Tomicas.

I can not wait. :P

I'm waiting on the HWC Super Nova, and the HWC Delorean. Just got a package yesterday with another Lace wheel Falcon Race Car and an all chrome OH5 Datsun 510 (Blue). 👍

Pics soon, currently working on Display frame #2. (almost finished)

Was the DeLorean "Back to the Future"? Probably not, but it reminded me of the custom Ghostbusters you did awhile back. Damn fine model that was!

A 40" x 32" x 3/32" foam board was $5.99.

30" x 20" x 1/8" for $1.25.

40" x 32" = 1280sq in. @ $5.99.

30" x 20" = 600sq in. @ $1.25.

1280/600 = 2.13...

$1.25 x 2.13... = $2.66...

$5.99 - $2.66 = $3.33

-> I pay $3.33 less for the same amount of foamboard you pay for. *fixes glasses* :P

So AOS...

Yellow light; before we proceed any further, what other cars do you want to hand onto and what are you willing to sell to me?

I paid less than you did. Therefore you spent a fortune :P

Anyway, I bought some new cars today and will be taking photos immediately.

Old enough to know that the truth is hard to find. :sly:
Anyway is there anything that catches your eye?

Well, I'd really need to see them better, the first pic is too out of focus to see anything. It's not that it's a mess, it's just out of focus. There may be something I'd grab like the Datsun in the second pic, but I'd need better pics, Grab groups of 10 or 12 cars, and take decent pics of them (: if you could also provide a shipping quota to Mexico or Texas it would be awesome.

Last edited:
So there's nothing else you're willing to sell to me?

Anyway, here's today's purchases:

ChevroletCamaro1970black_zps500dd106.jpg

PlymouthBarracudaFormulaSpurple_zps3b9317d6.jpg

ChevroleterGMbackwards1_zps7f0acc11.jpg

ChevroleterGMbackwards2_zps40575c25.jpg

I showed it to my colleagues and they couldn't identify what was wrong with this one. Can't blame them, they don't know what to look for. Teeh..! :sly:

Back