1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,498 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Quote of the year right there! 👍
I don't know about that! :D

I quite like this little Buick and the IndyCar is fantastic! :drool:
I also like the 240Z, but man, that Buick looks fantastic! I'm gonna have to get another one to pop open! 👍

What is the Indy Car? I want one!
Commence operation more displays with foam board instead of thick paper stock...
You should totally experiment with various premium papers. You might find one that would knock it out of the ballpark!

*snip*

It happened to me, true story.....:crazy::lol:

With you Phil, that doesn't surprise me at all. :P
If this is Canooo, where the paddles? :dopey: *see below for reference.

"If this is escape, where the pod?"

Awesome Robot Chicken reference, a6. :lol:👍
I played GT5 when it came out. Dropped out shortly after, just like with the GT4. GT3's the last Gran Turismo game I really played.

GT.......what? I haven't played it in well over a year. :lol:

I already tried to do what you did with your signature for what you said, but I couldn't figure out how. :dunce:

I will admit though, I put some more correct wheels on it. But it still looks great with the stock wheels.

The IndyCar is a Hot Wheels believe it or not. I've never seen them before, but it is a Tony Kanaan car. It was only $2 at Ollie's and it's screwed together! :dopey:

step-by-step, please.

I'll try. May not get photos, but will definitely be taking measurements.

You should totally experiment with various premium papers. You might find one that would knock it out of the ballpark!

This foam board is 3/16" thick. It won't bend, will barely take up more space in the frame, and is cheaper than the paper I used last time. 👍

DSCN52421_zps37c29bbe.jpg

I hope it works out. 👍 I was just thinking that experimenting with different color, or design might be cool, but yeah, added thickness I'm sure is a good idea!
My favorite's Take your daughter to work day. "Baby, it is 165-degrees on this planet. I can't hear in this thing!? I was repeating what I thought the guy was saying." :lol: If you've never seen it, youtube it!
I already tried to do what you did with your signature for what you said, but I couldn't figure out how. :dunce:
It's from the gtplanet couple versions ago. Once I take it off, I won't be able to quote this way either. I've had this same sig for looong time now, because I don't want to lose it. :crazy:
The IndyCar is a Hot Wheels believe it or not. I've never seen them before, but it is a Tony Kanaan car. It was only $2 at Ollie's and it's screwed together! :dopey:
I'm gonna look around for it next time. Thanks for the tip. 👍

Yeah, no problem. ;)
I do have this sneaking suspicion that I will end up buying all the ones I see and try to make a field of them. I think that same thing every time I go to Toys R Us and see the Battle Droids. :lol:

One day...

I hope it works out. 👍 I was just thinking that experimenting with different color, or design might be cool, but yeah, added thickness I'm sure is a good idea!

Ignore the photo above. After I got everything calculated and measured out, I re-measured the foam board and it's roughly 3/32 of an inch thick. :P

Re-measuring....

A local supermarket has finally recieved some Mystery Models although I dont think they are the current series. I got these two.

PC150188 by commodoreben, on Flickr
69 Copo Camaro

PC150191 by commodoreben, on Flickr
92 Mustang

If anyone could tell me if these are the current series or the previous series it would be greatly appreciated.

Was $60? I don't think so. My Walmart has them for $100. :eek:

My Walmarts don't carry them at all! :eek:

Commence operation more displays with foam board instead of thick paper stock...

Bet you paid a fortune for that. $5?

That Indycar HW Racing series..? I see them for $4 at the toys speciality here.

That metallic green Falcon XB was in the 2012 Mystery Models along with the Mustang and Camaro Ben got.

And as for the Red Baron (one of my favorite castings ever), I think its wheels will be used for a future custom of a new model made into a redline.

Do I need to find you and smack some sense into you? :mad:

Read what you just typed! That's sacrilegious!

*mumbles* ...chopping up a Red Baron... *mumbles* ...spare parts... *mumbles* :grumpy:

I, too, would like to see a step-by-step tutorial on the RIBBA frame displays. (They are RIBBA Shadow box frames, correct?)

That metallic green Falcon XB was in the 2012 Mystery Models along with the Mustang and Camaro Ben got.

I didnt think the Falcon was in the same series as the Camaro and Mustang. The pictures of the cars in the series with the Camaro and Mustang are on the back of the pack and there is no picture of the Falcon. Also on the card for the Camaro it says car 10 of 10. I also have the Falcon and it didnt come with a card at all which made me think it was in a different series.

A 40" x 32" x 3/32" foam board was $5.99. (see the price sticker? :P) The 1/16" thick paper board I used last time is $7.99 a sheet.

I'm lucky enough to get Fome-Cor in a variety of thicknesses, sizes, and colours over here in Canada; it's one of my primary modelling materials. In fact, maybe 6 - 8 months ago when AOS- first mentioned it in this thread I offered to send some to Cano.

On the topic of collecting - I am always happy with the fact that MBs come with side-view mirrors - lookie:

IMG_0013_zps51681860Z4_zps81698c8a.jpg

MedigoFlame
A tad late on this subject, but here's how I place most of my loose cars. Parents were kind enough to give me a left over shelf that my brother had in college. Was organized, but after buying and opening many more cars, I started to run out of space.

Anyways, I stopped by that other flea market. Mostly disappointed with the amount of scale models inside the building. But one vendor...outside had an entire shipping container! Scale models and everything along with plastic model kits! His helper wasn't able to help him move stuff out of the container, so I was only able to go halfway into the container to look at the stuff. The guy said he had many boxes of Hot Wheels as well. But I was only able to buy these that were out on his display. I'll be sure to get some pictures of the containers. Corgi models and other old stuff that...you guys would like. Anyone want to come to Maine to help me out? :P

Is that a Lotus Esprit V8 SE in Onyx Black I see? Love that car, I still have it. What a beauty, but I need it in Chrome Orange, Midas Yellow, British Racing Green, Natualis Blue and Dark Purple Metallic.

To A6 and Jarrod, thats what happens when you play Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsports. ;)

They are your encyclopedias on your PS3s and XB 360s. :P:lol:

a6m5
Whatever guys, whatever.

:lol:

I played GT5 when it came out. Dropped out shortly after, just like with the GT4. GT3's the last Gran Turismo game I really played.

:eek:

He's a Forza dude!!! Just kidding.. :lol:

But do you? You can learn alot from this game as well and car colors too. ;):P

a6m5
Sometimes, I think only people who truly win on eBay are the carriers like USPS, FedEx, UPS...... :lol:

Epic Post right here! :bowdown:

McZachenF1138
Quote of the year right there! 👍

Edit: Today's pickups and more. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mczachenf138/8276234316/http://www.flickr.com/photos/mczachenf138/8275253459/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mczachenf138/8275169607/http://www.flickr.com/photos/mczachenf138/8275169629/
Some Holiday Hot Rods from Ollie's. There were literally millions of them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mczachenf138/8275169597/http://www.flickr.com/photos/mczachenf138/8276234266/
I quite like this little Buick and the IndyCar is fantastic! :drool:

I knew for a long time that 25th and 30th anniversary models were not worth much at all so I finally opened mine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mczachenf138/8275169625/http://www.flickr.com/photos/mczachenf138/8275169621/
You can see how the paint on the Deora is coming off, so I think I'll use this for a modern take on an old redline and give it a respray and detail.
And as for the Red Baron (one of my favorite castings ever), I think its wheels will be used for a future custom of a new model made into a redline.

Man, that ACR in Snakeskin or Anaconda Green, 240Z S130, Caddy CTS-V in White and Lambo in Verde....... Nice! :eek:👍

Spacegoat
With you Phil, that doesn't surprise me at all. :P

GT.......what? I haven't played it in well over a year. :lol:

And that's was one weird and wild writeup I ever done, I tell ya man... But don't mess with the Lego People, they can be crazier than people in GTA and Saints Row 2! :lol:

Robot Chicken FTW!!! I watch them mostly from YouTube and on Adult Swim, but they need to add Lego People..... They are wild people. :lol:

And you're another one too?! If you play Forza, you know it will get you onto more unique cars, Porsche 911s and Audis just like GT with JDMs, Skyline GTRs and classic cars of the world. ;)

And the digital books of the official colors from the real 1:1 on scale cars. :P

Do I need to find you and smack some sense into you? :mad:

Read what you just typed! That's sacrilegious!

*mumbles* ...chopping up a Red Baron... *mumbles* ...spare parts... *mumbles* :grumpy:

I, too, would like to see a step-by-step tutorial on the RIBBA frame displays. (They are RIBBA Shadow box frames, correct?)

I knew you'd have something to say about that considering you just got one. :lol:
Like I said, Red Barons are are among my favorite castings so they really have to be bloody worthless for me to use one for parts. 'Sides, it'll look better with some Cragars and a helluvalot better than that Boulevard of it.

There were two separate releases in 2012. The Falcon was in the first release, and the ones that Ben purchased were in release 2. ;)

Thanks for that. Now there are two series I have to look at getting and I have to save money for a Lego convention thats on in Melbourne in a few weeks,

I knew you'd have something to say about that considering you just got one. :lol:
Like I said, Red Barons are are among my favorite castings so they really have to be bloody worthless for me to use one for parts. 'Sides, it'll look better with some Cragars and a helluvalot better than that Boulevard of it.

Well that makes me feel better that you'll be putting some wheels back on it.

Unless I read what you just posted wrong.

So I should just open up the one I just bought and not give a fiddly poo? Because the yellowing plastic is bugging me.

Nope, you read correct; it will have wheels once again. :D

I'd open it, it's only worth a few bucks carded anyway. They made so many of those cars.

Is that a Lotus Esprit V8 SE in Onyx Black I see? Love that car, I still have it. What a beauty, but I need it in Chrome Orange, Midas Yellow, British Racing Green, Natualis Blue and Dark Purple Metallic.

Does it come out Black on your screen? Adjust your colour, man! What colour does my text look like? Ebony? :lol: Actually the best way I can describe the colour is that it looks (under natural light) like a Prussian Blue, or Deep Sapphire. Of course, it looks different under Halogen, Tungsten or Flourescent. Not sure what the official 'marketing' name of the colour is. Babblingbrook Blue?

To A6 and Jarrod, thats what happens when you play Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsports. ;)

They are your encyclopedias on your PS3s and XB 360s. :P:lol:
If you play Forza, you know it will get you onto more unique cars, Porsche 911s and Audis just like GT with JDMs, Skyline GTRs and classic cars of the world. ;)
And the digital books of the official colors from the real 1:1 on scale cars. :P

Couldn't agree with this more. That's one of the most valuable things to me about these two games.
Never mind the lovely 'screen saver' effects! 👍

I also mentioned previously that I acquired a red Eclipse - and this is one HW that does come with wing mirrors. :)

IMG_0868-1_zps007b7edb.jpg

More Blue Lotus:

IMG_0863_zps8ad0a87a.jpg

Nice Z4, Harry. 👍 ....sexy mirrors.

Ben, Falcon's looks are on cheap side, but it still has this cool(and probably exclusive) paint job:

Phil, I sold my X360 years ago. :lol:

Back